Open 307-Friends and Enemies Deadly Alliance-Town Wins!!

Snarky
Snarky
Goon
Snarky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 7:23 am

Post by Snarky »

Spadille wrote:@Snarky.
You think? Aren't you the one who did it yourself?

Uuh... Wut?

And for the third question, yes I was happy to put a third vote on him because of self-voting. Wagon=pressure=discussion .
Parabollocks
Parabollocks
Goon
Parabollocks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 7:33 am

Post by Parabollocks »

Spadille wrote:What I do know is that you believe that DK is gambiting and that you have voted me because you think I'm the scum which is the "gambit's target".

So what makes you think DK is town?

>implying i ever said DK was town

Spadille wrote:How strong is your belief that DK is a town using the Gambit? And how did you even know he is using the Gambit without his statements even? I thought it has more negatives that positives?
Also, your vote is an indirect OMGUS.

it's not strong at all.
Spadille for one, his first vote goes to DK for voting himself and ruining RVS, apparently, and when i put up a flag on trying to get a shitty excuse to vote someone, he completley directs it back to me for ruining a gambit

i put up a flag when i said:
you do realize that's a extremely open window for scum to jo-

continue.

if you didn't notice the obvious sarcasm, i was calling you out.
Town: 4-1
Scum: 0-1

Going under a mafia personality revelation, my meta will be fluxuating.
DeityKabuto
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 8:33 am

Post by DeityKabuto »

Spadille wrote:Okay, let's quit spooning each other and get to scumhunting. I'll start off:

VOTE: DeityKabuto for throwing away the very sense of RVS, to apply pressure. Applying pressure to one's self is the most useless way of RVS because you are not applying pressure to anyone but yourself. Implying that he has no intention of finding scum because he knows them himself as their scumbuddy.

That is really a biased way of "scumhunting", I don't like it at all. I'm thinking that you sat there infront of your computer screen and over-thought this until you could actually come up with a semi-biased reason for voting me.

It does not imply that, which is mainly the bias of your post. I never said that I wasn't going to scum hunt, or anything of that sort, so please, get off my D**K.

FoS Spadille
[Low Key]
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 8:44 am

Post by [Low Key] »

I'm getting ready to go to sleep after work here but I thought I would weigh in a little before I do.

We will need to focus more than usual today with this particular setup. We have an opportunity to get a second lynch today but for that to be as effective as it can be, we need to obtain two top suspects at least a full week before the deadline (May 31st). More on this when I get back.

With the go-around concerning DK's self-vote:

1) I will have to weigh in on it when I wake up.
2) Even though Parab has dropped enough scum tells and logic-fail to choke a moose, he also dropped a significant town tell in my eyes. I think that unless the scum team is Parab/DK/Quaroath, Parab is prob-town here. I do disagree with his vote on Spadille however -- I think Parab is just trying too hard with that.
3) The person that actually looks scummy in the whole thing is Snarky.

Snarky wrote:
VOTE: SnakePlissKen

He knows why. :)

Snarky wrote:Cause he's the only one i know in the player list.

Snarky wrote:And yes I've got telepathic connections, that's why I know
you're scum
!!
Nah just joking
, the he knows why RVS joke is a classic :)

At this point he only has one vote from Spad but he goes out of his way to justify his random vote. Also, the "You're scum, nah just joking" sounds like he is trying to deflect pretty hard here. It sounds kind of unnatural and forced actually and then he immediately moves his vote (in the same post):
@DK:
So you don't trust yourself? Then why would I trust you?

unvote
vote: DeityKabuto

Oh oh! wagon wagonny!!

Why didn't he take exception to DK's self-vote earlier? Why the sudden grab towards DK after he gets a vote from Spad? I think this demonstrates scum nervousness. This is further demonstrated by his voting statement. The bolded just isn't a reason but instead is a cute sounding excuse. The underlined sounds like the real reason. There is nothing wrong with voting pressure, but the way that he does it shows me that his motives are not genuine.

Snarky wrote:Why so worried of a quicklynch, Parabollock? We're still on page 2, you know.
Would be suicide for the
three scum
to blitz right now

Now he sounds nervous that he is being accused of bandwagoning and calls everyone on the wagon town (including himself
of course
). I think he was over-compensating here because he is nervous as scum on a wagon.

Too early to really weigh in on any other players.

I will sleep on this:

Unvote, Vote Snarky
I realized that I was planting seeds, and that it was important to stay low-key, because once you say, 'I've got it' or 'This is it,' then resistance starts to build. But, if you start giving away seeds, people will claim their seeds. Some nurture them and grow them, and that makes a foundational change.
Archaist
Archaist
Goon
Archaist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 8:54 am

Post by Archaist »

DeityKabuto's self vote is suspect, but this is a bit of a reach:
Spadille wrote:for throwing away the very sense of RVS, to apply pressure. Applying pressure to one's self is the most useless way of RVS because you are not applying pressure to anyone but yourself. Implying that he has no intention of finding scum because he knows them himself as their scumbuddy.

I agree that Parabollocks calling out of a possible pro-town gambit wasn't a great idea, but the chances of anyone, town or scum, actually continuing on that wagon with the information at that time was pretty much zero anyway.

Spadille wrote:his vote reason is bogus. He believes DK is using a gambit, without DK confirming it

Weren't you just voting for DK yourself, without waiting for DK to post and explain his self vote?

But, now that DeityKabuto has had a chance to post:

DeityKabuto wrote:It does not imply that, which is mainly the bias of your post. I never said that I wasn't going to scum hunt, or anything of that sort, so please, get off my D**K.
So instead of explaining an action of yours that has become the main focus at this point, you decide to ignore it completely and curse at someone, then FOS them to avoid looking like an OMGUS vote. Not what I would expect from a pro-town player. It seems like you weren't prepared for your self vote to draw so much attention.
Unvote:
Vote: DeityKabuto

[LowKey] wrote: Even though Parab has dropped enough scum tells and logic-fail to choke a moose, he also dropped a significant town tell in my eyes. I think that unless the scum team is Parab/DK/Quaroath, Parab is prob-town here. I do disagree with his vote on Spadille however -- I think Parab is just trying too hard with that.
Could you please elaborate on which tells you think are scum or town? It's also a bit early to have a scum team in mind, especially when one of them, (Quaroath) hasn't posted
at all
. Where are you getting that Quaroath might be scum, was your random vote on him not so random?
FOS: [LowKey]
[Low Key]
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 8:55 am

Post by [Low Key] »

DeityKabuto wrote:That is really a biased way of "scumhunting", I don't like it at all. I'm thinking that you sat there infront of your computer screen and over-thought this until you could actually come up with a semi-biased reason for voting me.

It does not imply that, which is mainly the bias of your post. I never said that I wasn't going to scum hunt, or anything of that sort, so please, get off my D**K.

FoS Spadille

Sorry had to comment here before I went to sleep.

Dewd you self-voted. Now you're being belligerent? How is this helping the town?

I am hoping to see actual pro-town content from you after this, especially after the stunt you pulled.

Otherwise, you're just:

I realized that I was planting seeds, and that it was important to stay low-key, because once you say, 'I've got it' or 'This is it,' then resistance starts to build. But, if you start giving away seeds, people will claim their seeds. Some nurture them and grow them, and that makes a foundational change.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 9:04 am

Post by popsofctown »

vote: Parabollocks

Very scummy play so far. The only two possible reasons the wagon was painfully large was slayer gambit or random fate. A unified group of scum actually causing a lynch is impossible. (so improbable I approximate it with "impossible, that is")

I'm led to believe that PB wants to voice opposition to a town wagon, but has done so in a rather fail way that exposes nontown thought processes.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
DonJosh
DonJosh
Mafia Scum
DonJosh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 9:34 am

Post by DonJosh »

On weekdays I will be posting primarily on my iPod, so the posts may be short. For now, I'll leave it at a FoS on Parabollocks.
Newbie 1197 is in Day 2 and requires
replacements.

Looking for a hydra. PM me if interested.
GTKDJ|wiki|Pre-ins|Newbie 1197
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 9:51 am

Post by popsofctown »

How important to you is it that you keep that avatar?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Snarky
Snarky
Goon
Snarky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 9:56 am

Post by Snarky »

@Low key: Let's get facts straight and clear:

1st quote: 1. Spad vote was random. Why in hell, if I was scum, would I have gotten nervous for that. I was seriously just joking. 2.Spad asked me a question, I answered. I wasn't justifying my vote, as I knew it was random crappy reasoning.

2nd quote: I failed to see DK's selfvote before. I thought it was just a normal random vote. (I failed to make the connection DK-DeityKabuto on my first read)

3rd quote: Ok, that's just wrong. PB feared a scum quicklynch. In order for that to happen, there needed three scum players to quickvote, that's all. That does not mean I think all the players on the wagon are town, but they have to be for a scum quicklynch to happen.

I like my vote where it now. DK still have not explained his self-vote, and his last post was just euhm... yeah.
DeityKabuto
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
DeityKabuto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 10:41 am

Post by DeityKabuto »

Snarky wrote:@Low key: Let's get facts straight and clear:

1st quote: 1. Spad vote was random. Why in hell, if I was scum, would I have gotten nervous for that. I was seriously just joking. 2.Spad asked me a question, I answered. I wasn't justifying my vote, as I knew it was random crappy reasoning.

2nd quote: I failed to see DK's selfvote before. I thought it was just a normal random vote. (I failed to make the connection DK-DeityKabuto on my first read)

3rd quote: Ok, that's just wrong. PB feared a scum quicklynch. In order for that to happen, there needed three scum players to quickvote, that's all. That does not mean I think all the players on the wagon are town, but they have to be for a scum quicklynch to happen.

I like my vote where it now. DK still have not explained his self-vote, and his last post was just euhm... yeah.

There is no explanation for a self vote in the RVS, I was aware at the time that I would be questioned for it, but it was more of a trollish thing to do.
DonJosh
DonJosh
Mafia Scum
DonJosh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 11:23 am

Post by DonJosh »

popsofctwon: who? me?
replacements.

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 11:43 am

Post by popsofctown »

Yes
"Well, I..."
DonJosh
DonJosh
Mafia Scum
DonJosh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 11:54 am

Post by DonJosh »

Unimportant, why?
replacements.

Spadille
Spadille
Goon
Spadille
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 3:00 pm

Post by Spadille »

@Parabollocks
Thanks. Now I know you are really scum.

While you didn't think that DK is using a gambit, you voted me because you think I was the gambit's target anyway. And if you don't think DK is town, why would you vote me for voting him? This is some kind of wierd logic and a smelly chainsaw defense. My vote stays.

And we need more votes on this guy.
------------
@DK
That's another sort of OMGUS. I will not get out of your dick because you only want me too. And while you have the chance to scumhunt, you have posted this instead to help you survive. And it took me one reread to see that you voted yourself.

But really, what do you think RVS really was? The part where we cast votes and not look at it? Of course we do.

ALSO, DK. I'm interested on why are you still keeping that self-vote to your ass.
------------
@LowKey
Why Quaroath?
------------
@Archaist
Archaist wrote:Weren't you just voting for DK yourself, without waiting for DK to post and explain his self vote?

Difference being I voted him because he used the unconfirmed gambit against me.. while he doesn't believe DK was using the gambit and he doesn't believe DK is town. He voted me using an unconfirmed gambit without DK confirming or knowing DK is town.
------------
@Snarky
So you placed a third vote with only one reason?
Snarky wrote:So you don't trust yourself? Then why would I trust you?
"
Spadille
? Because the name 'Ace Of Spades' is already taken."

No, seriously. I'm one of those town guys.
Spadille
Spadille
Goon
Spadille
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 3:08 pm

Post by Spadille »

EBWOP for I just got what Archaist said:
I voted DK because he self-voted.. doesn't require a confirmation from him that he did self-vote on RVS.
"
Spadille

zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 3:17 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

Taking a break from work right now.

I just had to say this...

I don't think I've ever laughed as hard at a post as when I read #52. The FoS is brilliant because he doesn't want to change his vote. I was like "Ah, FoS, maybe he's already voting someone he thinks is scu- wait a minute..."

I'll get into this game later.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
[Low Key]
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 4:48 pm

Post by [Low Key] »

Ok I woke up a little early. Here is a "votecount" so I can properly focus:

Unofficial
Votecount 1.1.1

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

DK(4): Muffin, DK, Snarky, Arch
Parab(2): Spad,Pops
Spad(2): DJ, Parab
RotN(1): Snake
Snarky(1): LK

Not Voting(2): Quaroath, RangeroftheNorth
[Low Key]
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 5:14 pm

Post by [Low Key] »

Arch wrote:Could you please elaborate on which tells you think are scum or town? It's also a bit early to have a scum team in mind, especially when one of them, (Quaroath) hasn't posted at all. Where are you getting that Quaroath might be scum, was your random vote on him not so random?

Spad wrote:@LowKey
Why Quaroath?

I think that there are many things Parab has said and done that have a possible scum motivation such as: Warning his (potential) scum buddies to stay off of DK, falsely attacking Spad for voting DK, creating a false excuse for interfering with the DK wagon (it creates commotion for the town) as a defense for his actions. There have also been alot of bad-logic things too.

I initially saw Parab as the most scummy surrounding the DK self-vote but one post made me scratch my head in disbelief and then reverse my read to prob-town.

I don't see how he could make that post if he had a scum QT. The only people that had not confirmed by the time the QT's would of been closed by the Mod are: DK and Quaroath.

I have no reason to think that DK and/or Quaroath are scum but the only way that Parab wouldn't of received help in the scum QT to avoid that post is if those were his two scum partners.
[Low Key]
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 5:27 pm

Post by [Low Key] »

Snarky wrote:I failed to see DK's selfvote before. I thought it was just a normal random vote. (I failed to make the connection DK-DeityKabuto on my first read)

Ok, that's just wrong. PB feared a scum quicklynch. In order for that to happen, there needed three scum players to quickvote, that's all. That does not mean I think all the players on the wagon are town, but they have to be for a scum quicklynch to happen.

Ok fair enough.

Spad vote was random.

To the best of my understanding, this is false. His vote was definitely not random. He clearly questioned you on the reasoning and voted you because it was vague. I think your actions demonstrate you knew that.

I wasn't justifying my vote, as I knew it was random crappy reasoning.

This appears false too. You mentioned the reason for your vote once with a simple one-line explanation that I could find no fault with. But then in the next post you mention the reason again (unbidden) with a smiley and nervously deflect onto the DK wagon with that odd "you're scum, ahh just joking" post.

It just seems to me like nervous over-reaction to the situation which would be more indicative of a non-town alignment.
[Low Key]
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
[Low Key]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 5:43 pm

Post by [Low Key] »

I do not like how DJ drops an FoS of Parab while leaving his RVS vote on Spad with no explanation. This is now the equivalent of him voting Spad outside of RVS with no reason whatsoever.

He uses the excuse of no content due to his cellphone but seems quite able to post frequently to Pops' queries. Why can't he provide some minimal town related content?

With that being said it is far too soon to really get reads on everyone. I need more content from Snake, Quaroath, RotN, Muffin.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 6:19 pm

Post by hiphop »

The My Job is Already Done Votecount

(But checked anyways)

Votecount 1.2

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

DeityKabuto(4): zMuffinMan, DeityKabuto, Snarky, Archaist
RangeroftheNorth(1): SnakePlissken
Snarky(1): [Low Key]
Spadille(2): DonJosh, Parabollocks
Parabollocks(2): Spadille, popsofctown

Not Voting(2): Quaroath, RangeroftheNorth

Show
Town - 8/12
Scum - 4/2

Never forget

September 11, 2001

I colored hiphop kind of magenta, because he deserves a color of his own.
~Gila
DonJosh
DonJosh
Mafia Scum
DonJosh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 1:21 am

Post by DonJosh »

[Low Key] wrote:This is now the equivalent of him voting Spad outside of RVS with no reason whatsoever.

To be honest, I had completely forgot about my RVS vote.

[LowKey] wrote:He uses the excuse of no content due to his cellphone but seems quite able to post frequently to Pops' queries. Why can't he provide some minimal town related content?

Typing for a long time on an iPod is frustrating. The reason I didn't want to vote yet was because voting without explaining is a lot worse than FoS'ing without explanation. If it makes you happy,

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Parabollocks
replacements.

zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 1:53 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

@MOD
If I'm reading the setup right, it's possible mafia have the 1-shot day-vig. Confirm?

I've skimmed the walls so far. Will do a proper re-read tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure this para case is being blown way out of proportion.

Someone want to make a concise post detailing what he's done that's scummy and why it's scummy?
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Spadille
Spadille
Goon
Spadille
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 2:06 am

Post by Spadille »

Read first. Look at his vote reason for me. Now look at how he answers my question. Now back at me.
Sadly, he think I'm scum because I'm voting DK.. this is solely based on his idea that DK was using the Slayer's Gambit.
Note that DK hasn't even confirmed the usage of Gambit.
Now look at his answers at my questions, he doesn't even believe that DK is using a Slayer's Gambit nor he thinks DK is town.
But isn't that his vote reason all along?

Look at Parabollocks, he confirms that he called me out for voting DK... the question is
WHY?

Look at me, now look at you, now back at me. DK starts OMGUSing me for examining his Self-Vote and tells me to get off his ass.
Now look at this.. DK confirms he wasn't using any Gambit.

Now read because I don't like spoonfeeding people.
"
Spadille

Return to “Completed Open Games”