- 2 - Gammagooey, AlmasterGM - (L-9)
GreyICE
- 1 - ToastyToast - (L-10)
Magister Ludi
- 1 - RayFrost - (L-10)
Maxous
- 1 - Vi - (L-10)
mykonian
- 4 - elvis_knits, CSL, DietyKabuto, C-Worl - (L-7)
RayFrost
- 1 - Magister Ludi - (L-10)
Vi
- 1 - GreyICE - (L-10)

Players not voting: Bastard Bros, Iecerint, InHimshallibe, Maxous, mykonian, RedCoyote

I'd also like to know how magister ludi came up with
specifically
Lui Bei, Guan Yu, and Zhang Fei in his list rather than [insert other people from shu].
Last edited by SpyreX on Sun May 22, 2011 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
don't you feel silly now?
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 3:03 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

I never said Toasty was scum. What I did however mention was that Toasty raised the possibility of there being multiple scum teams when nothing I have seen in this game suggest that.

However, should we indeed be speculating on the possibilities of scum teams, I laid out my thoughts. And as for those three, simply playing the games will give you a good idea why I choose those three for Shu.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 3:12 pm

Post by RayFrost »

"Toasty is worth keeping an eye on" seems like an expression of suspicion to me. Perhaps you meant "Toasty brings up an interesting" po- oh wait the rest of what you said makes it quite clear that you found it worthy of at least some suspicion.

If you find what he did suspect, I fail to see how you would not find your own action here suspicious as well.

Their being brothers doesn't guarantee their presence in the game, and I still don't see why you specified people for
shu
and the SK only. Why ignore bringing up possibilities for Wu? I have less issue with your bringing up possibilities for all o them than I do with you selectively bringing up the flavor possibilities. It's a matter of information reveal.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 3:22 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Vi wrote:AlmasterGM 43... Statistics detected. Slander alert.

Maxous 53... Fluff levels significant. Action desired.
Voting... Maxous
(L-10)

Gammagooey 57... Suggestion advisable.

System message... RayFrost is Town. Katsuki is advised to change her vote now.

System message... Total comprehension of game mechanic on elvis_knits' part not detected. Suspicion slightly raised.

Standing by. Awaiting idiot input regarding whether this is a real post restriction.

Virminator?

Seriously though, please to be explaining town read on me. All I'd really posted at the time was stuff other people had said at sign ups.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 3:30 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

It is the genesis of an idea that is important.

Toasty announced an idea that I was not thinking about, the fact for multiple scum teams. Possibly it was innocent. Possibly it came from the fact he knew his scum team was weak, and lackadasically wondered aloud.

In this context, it is worth keeping an eye on toasty's play. However, now that the idea is out there, being that I love Dynasty Warriors, I saw fit to mention what the possiblity of multiple sucm teams would look like, to frame the game in an understandable reference if you had no flavour knowledge.

It also appears you DID know why I choose those three characters of Shu, (being principle proponents/brothers) yet saw fit to try painting my expression of Shu as somewhat maligned or weird or anti-town. I do not think it was at all. As for Wu, its your guess as good as mine, considering that the Quan family has four members plus sisters.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'information reveal'. Go ahead and speculate on the anti-town factions in this game as well, i'm interested what you think is approprite, since you are a fellow Dynasty Warriors/ Three Kingdoms Player.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 3:41 pm

Post by Juls »

I don't know why everyone is all up in arms about talk on how we should maneuver the duel ability. We SHOULD come to a consensus on how to use it prior to pushing lynches. And we also learn about people's motivations based on their suggestions. Not to mention if people are constantly trying to nitpick and poke holes in everyones suggestions without bringing a valid idea to the table then I think that person is stalling and scummy.
-------------------------------------
Juls
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 3:43 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Only played #3, and I had to google to realize your reasoning behind the shu choices (only remembered lui bei). I'm sure other people are more avid players of the series than myself. Looking stuff up, I fail to see why you wouldn't mention Sun Quan (EMPEROR) or Sun Ce (brother of EMPEROR) or Sun Shang Xiang (sister of EMPEROR) when you still mention the three brothers in Shu.

What I mean is the fact you speculated in just two of the three when even a simple google search by me brings up information about Wu as well. It doesn't make sense to exclude speculation on one if you're speculating on others, yet you did.

Still, I can't really think of any scum-motivation for excluding it I suppose. Meh. Leaving the vote anyway.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 3:46 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Juls wrote:I don't know why everyone is all up in arms about talk on how we should maneuver the duel ability. We SHOULD come to a consensus on how to use it prior to pushing lynches. And we also learn about people's motivations based on their suggestions. Not to mention if people are constantly trying to nitpick and poke holes in everyones suggestions without bringing a valid idea to the table then I think that person is stalling and scummy.

I fin the discussion to be slightly more straight forward than I feel people are arguing.

We have the potential to double lynch or empower someone we believe to be town. Simply put, we should pseudo vote for each: top two scum candidates and top town read. Consensus on one more than the other = what we do. Seems the most straight forward way to do it, and there's not really any way that I can see for scum to manipulate it further than typical game-play manipulation.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 3:46 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Mod: Please note my vote for magister ludi on page 4. Bottom of the page.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 3:50 pm

Post by Katsuki »

So Ludi is scum for knowing the story of the Three Kingdoms?... :/
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 3:53 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Katsuki wrote:So Ludi is scum for knowing the story of the Three Kingdoms?... :/

Erm... no.

Thought process:
Ludi is scum for saying that Toasty is suspect or discussing setup spec possibilities yet doing the same thing in his post when if you find it suspect it would mean it' be anti-town to do so yet he is doing he. He's then also scum for knowing the story of the Three Kingdoms and speculating yet clearly leaving out speculation about one entire possible faction yet discussing the others when they seem to me to be equally clear cut in "main proponents" - looking back on this, I can't really see a strong scum motivation for it, but I still feel it is vote worthy.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 3:54 pm

Post by RayFrost »

That and he's voting me for spurious reasoning when he has something more "valid" from his PoV on toasty (by this I mean to say he thinks his toasty reasoning is valid and I perceive his reasoning for me to be spurious in that it's based off of pre-game stuff - I would like ludi to address my relevant post).
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 3:59 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Anyway, I've gotta study Japanese. See yah.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 4:23 pm

Post by Iecerint »

RayFrost is town.

Juls I think has the best idea about how to manage duels, scum WIFOM notwithstanding. EDIT: The elaborations that pick the duel partner at L-2 and by town consensus make it even better.

Juls and Gammagooey are town.

Magister spells out what is probably the situation. Throw in some Sima Yi drama as a longshot complication depending on where SX's getting his material.

Missed that bit about Toasty, though...some pretty flagrant doublethinking going on there... O.o

RF, those 3 characters aren't literally brothers; rather, their bromance drives a lot of the drama. Zhang Fei's kinda the odd man out, though...it's mainly a Guan Yu/Liu Bei bromance AFAICT...

Ludi, which DW games have you played?
B4574rD Br05
B4574rD Br05
Townie
B4574rD Br05
Townie
Townie

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 4:29 pm

Post by B4574rD Br05 »

Wait I'm confused. We can lynch and duel?
We run and run and run and run and run
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 4:33 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Yeah, Toasty and Ludi are scum.

Unvote, Vote: Toasty
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 4:35 pm

Post by Juls »

B4574rD Br05 wrote:Wait I'm confused. We can lynch and duel?

No, but we proceed as if we are lynching. Then, at L-2 we get claim and if we still want to lynch them, ask them to duel the person they have the biggest town read on. We kill off the person who was at L-2 and empower townies. GG.
-------------------------------------
Juls
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 4:50 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Iecerint wrote:RF, those 3 characters aren't literally brothers; rather, their bromance drives a lot of the drama. Zhang Fei's kinda the odd man out, though...it's mainly a Guan Yu/Liu Bei bromance AFAICT...

Don't get the relevance of what you're saying here. Explain.

(Yes, I did finish my Japanese studies. I'm fast like that.)
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 5:25 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Also: please to be explaining town read on me, iece.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 5:33 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I assumed Ludi had said something like "they're brothers" somewhere and you'd misinterpreted what he meant by that. My point was that you might have misunderstood the relevance of their being "brothers" to the likelihood of their inclusion.

I thought your pregame chat seemed like a proactive attempt to get stuff together, etc. It was the first thing that jumped out at me when I started reading. You also noticed the ML/Toasty thing that I didn't, but I'd already typed that out by that point.

Also: Hi Toasty. :P
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 6:16 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

GreyICE wrote:Please read some other DK games before voting him :(

^^This is good to keep in mind, but I do think he's being significantly more under the radar than I'm used to.

RayFrost wrote:
I agree with gamma that arguing about the duel stuff might not be the greatest idea early on. We're probably better off focusing on the whole finding scum thing rather than distracting from this by trying to solve the issue of optimal dueling strategy. First we find scum... then we think about the best way to deal with them.

For all the people still going on about this, its the reason I brought it up in the form of RQS. Better we get everyone's opinion on the matter now, derive information from it, and move on.

Magister Ludi wrote:
Toasty announced an idea that I was not thinking about, the fact for multiple scum teams. Possibly it was innocent. Possibly it came from the fact he knew his scum team was weak, and lackadasically wondered aloud.
In this context, it is worth keeping an eye on toasty's play. However, now that the idea is out there, being that I love Dynasty Warriors, I saw fit to mention what the possiblity of multiple sucm teams would look like, to frame the game in an understandable reference if you had no flavour knowledge.

Your stance on me is odd. At this point in time, there's no way anyone would say "this person is obvscum." I don't think thats what RayFrost is saying. Your point on how I can be either mafia knowing I have a weak scum team or town with an honest suggestion...means that my statement was null, and shouldn't really lead to the suspicion you glean from it. It was something I had been considering pre-game, and as such I thought it a good thing to mention.
So because I announced an idea you weren't thinking about, that makes me--well, I don't know what you think that makes me, even after reading your responses to RayFrost.

AlmasterGM wrote:Yeah, Toasty and Ludi are scum.
Unvote, Vote: Toasty

Are you suggesting that there is a connection between myself and Ludi? Please explain. I can't comment on a vote with a simple declaration.

Unvote:Vote: MagisterLudi

This is better than a random vote for now. Still in the formulate-opinion stage atm. The one thing about RayFrost that was bizzare in this discussion is that it made me ask what his reasons were for coming to my defense.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 6:30 pm

Post by RayFrost »

I didn't feel I was coming to your defense? In a LoL game post interrupted
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 6:48 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

I've played every Dynasty Warriors game basically.

Toasty, what lead you to believe in two scum teams?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 6:52 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Toasty wrote:Are you suggesting that there is a connection between myself and Ludi? Please explain. I can't comment on a vote with a simple declaration.

Not specifically, I'm just saying you are both scum. If there's two scumteams, like you said, maybe you're on different teams.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 7:06 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

Also, Rayfrost, I'd rather not go endlessly in circles about the flavor, but Wu simply has too many people to neatly fit into a scum group of three. There are the four members of the Sun family, sisters and daughters. About 8 people total I think. Shu has nicely three. The three princible characters.

(Also, Iece, that is a sneaky speculation about Sima Yi. That would be cruel :p)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”