SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2011 8:16 pm

Post by SpyreX »

If your D ability involves selecting a target (or other active abilities) it counts as your action for the night.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 12:58 am

Post by mykonian »

Katsuki wrote:That name really annoys me...

he is now known as Boris.

I think I get what we are supposed to do... and I have found scum! So now I should convince the town and then duel that person to death, right?
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 1:16 am

Post by RedCoyote »

/confirm
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 1:19 am

Post by RayFrost »

mykonian wrote:
Katsuki wrote:That name really annoys me...

he is now known as Boris.

I think I get what we are supposed to do... and I have found scum! So now I should convince the town and then duel that person to death, right?

If you've found two scum then convince the town an then we have the two people die in a duel against each other.
don't you feel silly now?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 2:55 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Oh, wait, I just realized Fate isn't here. I'm surprised.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 3:30 am

Post by elvis_knits »

ReaperCharlie wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:HI! Let's see if I remember how to do this...

/confirm

When was the last time you played? :P

I think it's been like a year. I see some thing haven't changed. RayFrost is still... RayFrost. :P

I'm kind of excited to still know a fair amount of people here. <3
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 3:47 am

Post by elvis_knits »

RayFrost wrote:
mykonian wrote:

If you've found two scum then convince the town an then we have the two people die in a duel against each other.

OMG. Rayfrost is right. :P (sorry i can't stop razzing you! <3) Except I don't think both people die in a duel against each other.

If I am understanding the mechanic right, a player posts "DUEL: THATGUY" and then we have to lynch one of them and only one of them. I can see a scum exploiting that. They can challenge a person to a duel and then their buddies push the mislynch. I mean, maybe that's too obvious, but if they're skilled they could get away with it.

I say:
We decide together who our two top suspects are and force them to duel (and anybody who refuses to duel will be auto-lynched by the town via some townie who volunteers to duel them -- an enforcer perhaps nominated by the town). We should only have two scummy people dueling each other. No townie should take it upon themselves to duel someone they think is scum

Actually, NOBODY SHOULD DUEL ANYBODY UNLESS THE MAJORITY OF US AGREE TO IT.

That way we have as many people getting on record about potential duels as possible. We get more info this way, and hopefully town keeps control over who is in the duel, and then who gets lynched. Also we're guaranteed to have our two scummiest players in a duel.

Possible downside is the D ability thing. If scum win a duel they could get access to extra abilities. But if we see extra death after a duel, or something funny going on, then we know who to blame. So it might help us catch scum in the long run even though it could be bad/dangerous in the short term. And I think the pros of controlling the duel and getting info by everyone commenting on it, I think that outweighs this con. But speak up if I'm not foreseeing all possibilities, please!

Anyway, people, please comment on this strategy.

AGAIN: NOBODY SHOULD DUEL ANYBODY UNTIL WE DECIDE.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 3:48 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Also,
vote:myko
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 3:55 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Actually, looking at the rules, maybe we don't have to duel every day? We can lynch normally OR duel?

We have to think about the implications of dueling verses lynching old-fashioned way.
Talk nerdy to me.

RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 3:57 am

Post by RayFrost »

elvis_knits wrote:OMG. Rayfrost is right. :P (sorry i can't stop razzing you! <3) Except I don't think both people die in a duel against each other.

If I am understanding the mechanic right, a player posts "DUEL: THATGUY" and then we have to lynch one of them and only one of them. I can see a scum exploiting that. They can challenge a person to a duel and then their buddies push the mislynch. I mean, maybe that's too obvious, but if they're skilled they could get away with it.

I say:
We decide together who our two top suspects are and force them to duel (and anybody who refuses to duel will be auto-lynched by the town via some townie who volunteers to duel them -- an enforcer perhaps nominated by the town). We should only have two scummy people dueling each other. No townie should take it upon themselves to duel someone they think is scum

Actually, NOBODY SHOULD DUEL ANYBODY UNLESS THE MAJORITY OF US AGREE TO IT.

That way we have as many people getting on record about potential duels as possible. We get more info this way, and hopefully town keeps control over who is in the duel, and then who gets lynched. Also we're guaranteed to have our two scummiest players in a duel.

Possible downside is the D ability thing. If scum win a duel they could get access to extra abilities. But if we see extra death after a duel, or something funny going on, then we know who to blame. So it might help us catch scum in the long run even though it could be bad/dangerous in the short term. And I think the pros of controlling the duel and getting info by everyone commenting on it, I think that outweighs this con. But speak up if I'm not foreseeing all possibilities, please!

Anyway, people, please comment on this strategy.

AGAIN: NOBODY SHOULD DUEL ANYBODY UNTIL WE DECIDE.

I can razz you too. :P

In the signup thread it was explained that if both sides of the duel have equal votes then it counts as a no winner and both players die. In a duel only one person can come out alive. If you read the signup thread we pretty much already came to a similar conclusion. We can choose each day to either have our top two scummy players both die or have one of our top tow reads get empowered as a scum read dies. Either way we are always dueling based upon a majority and are not using the normal lynch in any circumstances as the duel mechanic can allow for a potential double lynch anyway.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 4:01 am

Post by Fate »

/cackle
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 4:05 am

Post by RayFrost »

Did fate just post in a game he's not in or is katsuki really replacing into her own player slot AGAIN in a hydra with him?
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 4:09 am

Post by RayFrost »

elvis_knits wrote:Actually, looking at the rules, maybe we don't have to duel every day? We can lynch normally OR duel?

We have to think about the implications of dueling verses lynching old-fashioned way.

The general idea behind dueling seems to make it more beneficial in comparison to lynching normally. We can have a double lynch by "voting" no winner with our top two scum reads or empower a strong town read while still lynching scum. If we don't have any town reads we can double up on the lynches for scum.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 4:11 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Oh... I was supposed to read the signup thread? :oops:

Here I was thinking I was cool...

Okay basically you're saying we want to:

Try to duel as much as possible to either kill two scum at once or empower a townie.

This assumes best case scenario. What if we end up killing two townies or empowering scum? I'm not sure I want to commit to this strategy throughout the game. I don't think I want to commit to a double lynch on the first day. I like to see a flip and look at the wagons for info. I really like playing aggressively, so a double lynch is pretty awesome, but I think we have to be smart about this too.

I think that it might be better to make two scummy players duel, make them both claim, kill one and try to confirm the other's night actions, or something like that. And then if we catch scum via this process of keeping tabs on the empowered guy, we can lynch him the next day, maybe in a double lynch duel.

I think a lot of that really depends on the circumstances of who is up for duel and how scummy I think they are.
Talk nerdy to me.

RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 4:17 am

Post by RayFrost »

I was more laying a groundwork concept plan more than a set in stone we must follow this path. We obviously have to adjust as the situation calls for it but if we've got two people acting scummy we can quite simply remove both of them rather than dealing with one lynch and then another.

I understand your idea about making them claim: I think that's a very important thing to note. Also think they should claim their D) ability along with the rest of them so that we know exactly what they
should
be empowered with to see if things match up.

We almost certainly want to duel as much as possible considering that the likelihood of empowering scum is less and there doesn't seem like a large difference in having us pseudo vote for top two scum rather than TOP SCUM OF THE YEAR THAT MUST DIE and it'd probably give more information than just having a single flip. One flip can be useful for analysis but two flips give double the information imo. It'd also be useful for seeing which people push one but not the other an seeing their logic as to why and the like. I'm having difficulty following why it wouldn't be a good idea to start off on the position that we
should
use it and then adjust as more information comes out.

Anyway, sleep beckons and it's getting tiresome to use copy and paste to make a comma because there's something blocking the comma key. See yah.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 4:19 am

Post by RayFrost »

For those too lazy to check the sign up there: here.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 4:24 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

elvis_knits wrote:Actually, NOBODY SHOULD DUEL ANYBODY UNLESS THE MAJORITY OF US AGREE TO IT.

No. SPYREX made this game and it was obviously meant to be played SPYREX style. The problem with the "majority of us" is that scum are in the majority, and can thus influence the decision.

I propose: if you are OBVTOWN, you are permitted to duel and/or order other people to duel. If you are NOT OBVTOWN, you are not permitted to start duels and/or order other people to duel. OBVTOWN people will form an alliance and work together to find scumz.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 4:26 am

Post by RayFrost »

Naturally obv town should include Vi. Vi's always town.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 4:28 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Vi has been scum in 50% of my games with it.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 4:29 am

Post by RedCoyote »

AGM 41 wrote:I propose: if you are OBVTOWN, you are permitted to duel and/or order other people to duel. If you are NOT OBVTOWN, you are not permitted to start duels and/or order other people to duel. OBVTOWN people will form an alliance and work together to find scumz.

Are you kidding? Just because someone is thought of as town, doesn't necessarily mean they're going to be scumhunting perfectly.

Duels should be heavily scrutinized by the player base as a whole. I'm all for taking advantage of the mechanic, but we can't just say, you know, if you're thought of as town then you can duel whenever you want. That's just sloppy, AGM.
B4574rD Br05
B4574rD Br05
Townie
B4574rD Br05
Townie
Townie

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 4:33 am

Post by B4574rD Br05 »

I don't think we should be making these plans in the thread. It's not like the game thread is private to scum, and the more we make a plan, the more they can find a way around it. We're already at a disadvantage to them in terms of information, should we really be giving them more info?
We run and run and run and run and run
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 4:34 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

No, it would be sloppy of the person who was empowered to duel to do so lightly. They should only duel someone if other obvtownies stand behind their reads and/or if they are incredibly sure on a read. If someone consistently duels town, then maybe they aren't obvtown anymore, either. Ultimately, my point is not that people who are obvtown should just go around yelling, "LOL IMMA KILL ALL TEH SCUMZ" - it's that people who are considered scummy and/or bad at scumhunting should have less of a say in the duel process than obvtownies and/or people good at scumhunting.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 4:36 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

B4574rD Br05 wrote:I don't think we should be making these plans in the thread. It's not like the game thread is private to scum, and the more we make a plan, the more they can find a way around it. We're already at a disadvantage to them in terms of information, should we really be giving them more info?

The scum already have the ability to coordinate in their QT. If we do not coordinate in the thread, the only people coordinating are the scum. Is that what you want?
B4574rD Br05
B4574rD Br05
Townie
B4574rD Br05
Townie
Townie

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 4:38 am

Post by B4574rD Br05 »

Oh. I didn't think of it that way.
We run and run and run and run and run
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2011 6:17 am

Post by C-Worl »

Howdy... /confirm
Show
... Even when C-worl is providing no content, C-worl is providing no content. Feat considered impressive. ...

Pleasedont reiterate things I've already said. I know the things I already said. In fact, I'm the one that said them

I'm sure that makes sense in some way I'm not seeing.... but I'm not seeing how that makes any sense.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”