Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1825 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:02 am

Post by Iecerint »

The only one I disagree with is Amrun. I thought she was being town given townIec.

And she was the only actual scum of the lot.

So shows what I know.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:05 am

Post by Amrun »

I was not scum. :(

I was acting somewhat scummy, trying to avoid the nk, so the shot is understandable.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:05 am

Post by Vi »

@Iecerint: I find it amusing that you were about as wrong on your scumreads as everyone else :?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:13 am

Post by Iecerint »

At least I nailed BB! And RedC, though I suppose I shouldn't have gotten any credibility for that last one. ^^~
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:47 am

Post by GreyICE »

Vi wrote:
RayFrost wrote:Like voting "draw - both survive" and not having a duel but being able to lynch? Seems like a decent addendum over "YOU MUST DECIDE"
"Both survive" is more polite than "too much of a waste of life, brains, and time", but yes.

I am proud of my reads. What I don't understand is why no one except Ludi even considered them on my death.
I thought about them momentarily, and then moved on :(

GreyICE wrote:Complaining that
[ReaperCharlie]
dueled the wrong person when Vi vigged about infinity townies is ridiculous.
You probably don't need me to say this, but I'm going to anyway.

RedCoyote was acting like scum. I shot him. If presented with a similar situation in the future I will do the same thing.
You were acting like scum. I shot you. If presented with a similar situation in the future I will do the same thing.
Amrun was acting like scum. I shot her. If presented with a similar situation in the future I will do the same thing.
mykonian was acting like scum, then he claimed something that needed to be killed ASAP regardless so what I thought didn't matter anymore.

And to think, I claimed ReaperCharlie and he still gives me the bird. No respect.~

Yeah my point on day 1 was that you had enough scumreads that we were in LyLo, and that was before we hit the 'null' category.

Maybe you should tighten your definition of 'acting like scum' a bit. I especially love the bit where you used Camden to show that my scum play was weaker than my town play... you know, the game with NINTY SIX HOUR DEADLINES AND WHERE SCUM NEVER EVEN GOT CLOSE TO LYNCH and then killed me because I play differently in a game with FOUR DAY GAMEDAYS.

Just saying, if you ever claim vig again I'm voting to lynch you and I don't even care if you're town.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:49 am

Post by CSL »

^ And then if Vi flips town vig, I'm voting to lynch you. And you are going to flip scum. :igmeou:
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:53 am

Post by GreyICE »

CSL wrote:^ And then if Vi flips town vig, I'm voting to lynch you. And you are going to flip scum. :igmeou:

Nope, I'll flip town. Really, looking at Vi's record, the town would probably have had more luck if she'd been a serial killer.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:58 am

Post by Iecerint »

GreyICE, your play this game was different from what I was used to, too. I don't know if you would've been my vig shot for it, but I think suspicion in your direction was warranted.

Also <3
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:02 am

Post by Vi »

GreyICE wrote:Maybe you should tighten your definition of 'acting like scum' a bit. I especially love the bit where you used Camden to show that my scum play was weaker than my town play... you know, the game with NINTY SIX HOUR DEADLINES AND WHERE SCUM NEVER EVEN GOT CLOSE TO LYNCH and then killed me because I play differently in a game with FOUR DAY GAMEDAYS.
Your posts in that game
were
weak in comparison to Cowboy Bebop Remix.

I know you're having fun and all, but whenever you want to move on is fine.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:06 am

Post by GreyICE »

Yeah sure I'm a little bitter that between graduation and slicing my foot open and I get back and I didn't even get a chance to say anything before you shot me with the deadline like an eon away.

It was bad, bad play. Plus I thought that you thought my play in CBR was pretty terrible, what with you deciding to see if you could mislynch me on day 1.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:06 am

Post by Iecerint »

Vi, why did you decide to shoot without claims 3/4 times? This was the main crazy part IMO.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:13 am

Post by Juls »

I am too lazy to go back and look but didn't she shoot you because a Duel had been initiated and thus the deadline was shorter?
-------------------------------------
Juls
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:16 am

Post by Vi »

GreyICE wrote:Plus I thought that you thought my play in CBR was pretty terrible, what with you deciding to see if you could mislynch me on day 1.
It was. It was also different.

Also how was I supposed to know you had graduation and half a foot and so forth?

---

Vi, why did you decide to shoot without claims 3/4 times? This was the main crazy part IMO.
(1) As said before, claims are meant to be believed. Someone would have a cow if I shot someone whose claim they thought was believable, whether I was right or wrong.
(2) Suppose I told someone to claim.
*If they didn't, what was I supposed to do, NOT shoot them?
*If they did, and it was good enough of a claim that it would be a bad idea to shoot them, what was I supposed to do, ask someone else to claim? Then people would have whined about "too many claims".
(3) As said before, optimal dayvig play is to kill people who are scum but not going to be lynched. That was what I was selecting on.

---

Juls is correct. I was waffling between GreyICE and Magister Ludi when DeityKabuto started a duel and I felt my hand was forced. It wasn't an easy decision.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:20 am

Post by GreyICE »

Yeah all I'm saying is at some point you're going to vig a mason. Happened in one of my early mini normals.

Like "Daykill:X"
"X: Town Mason has been shot"

Ever seen a collective facepalm?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:31 am

Post by Vi »

Sure. That sort of thing is usually the impetus for me saying

IF YOU ARE TOWN
YOU MUST ACT TOWN

Plus, consider that I didn't make it a secret that I was coming. I shot RedCoyote after a dozen posts asking why he wasn't dead yet. After I shot once, it should have been pretty obvious what would happen when I started angling toward people.

I recognize that there's another side to this argument, but you're talking to someone who cheers for Javert.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:47 am

Post by GreyICE »

Really. So Red Coyote was scummier than C-Worl, Deity Kabuto, Magister Ludi, Ray "What's the Reply Button" Frost, Bastard "10 scummy posts and a reread" Bros, and Iecerint (aka "he's even in this game?).

Maybe shoot some motherfucking lurkers next time? You could have hit the ENTIRE SCUM TEAM
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:49 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Vi wrote:*If they did, and it was good enough of a claim that it would be a bad idea to shoot them, what was I supposed to do, ask someone else to claim? Then people would have whined about "too many claims".

:[
You ignore their whining because that's all it is and make better shots because of it.
Although personally I think you would have shot all of them after their claims aside from Maybe Grey and/or Amrun depending if he had a good fakeclaim ready. And both of those are still pretty doubtful.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:20 am

Post by Iecerint »

By that logic, there's almost no reason to claim at all.

I think the proper way to play dayvig is to shoot players at L-1. This doubles lynches and VC analysis opportunities later on. However, it requires that you aggressively keep the town disciplined. The duel mechanic and short deadlines complicated this strategy here, though.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:05 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Or maybe just shoot scummy lurkers or lurkers in general. You know how much info you get off a lurker lynch? Zero. Even if they're scum, you don't learn anything because they're NOT POSTING.

But no. You wanted to be the vig who shot the scum who were getting away with it. The big damn hero. Well here we are, very heroic.

You didn't shoot the scummiest people in the thread. Red Coyote, scummier than C-Worl? NOOOOOOOO. You shot people based on a complex meta analysis that was so deep in the 'overreading' category you could have confirmation biased me into a serial killer.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:08 pm

Post by CSL »

To RC, Vi was scum. To me, and not quite sure how, but my gut was pretty much yelling that Vi is so obv-town that it hurts.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:16 pm

Post by Vi »

GreyICE wrote:Maybe shoot some motherfucking lurkers next time? You could have hit the ENTIRE SCUM TEAM
You know, I was going to say this was good advice, will do next time, and leave it there.

Now you're basically being a douche with amazing hindsight powers... which is somewhat interesting; I previously thought your hindsight powers were just "pretty good".

CSL 1844 wrote:To me, and not quite sure how, but my gut was pretty much yelling that Vi is so obv-town that it hurts.
It hurt me too.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:18 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Sore loser much?

It's not like it's on Vi's head alone that the town loss, geez. All of you lost as a team, in very bad spirits to get upset at other players.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:19 pm

Post by Juls »

Yeah this was a widespread town fail. We should all shoulder the blame here.
-------------------------------------
Juls
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:21 pm

Post by CSL »

T-Bone wrote:Sore loser much?

It's not like it's on Vi's head alone that the town loss, geez. All of you lost as a team, in very bad spirits to get upset at other players.

And not much could have been done to prevent your end, due to your predecessor. That post with the duel screamed town to me, though.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O