Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:02 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

So you did.

^-^ My Bad~

Uh, I'm not in agreement that his miller claim makes him look bad. I'm calling that null.

What I do agree with is how it's scummy that he focused on the miller claim, and avoided even discussing any other remaining part of the game.

I'd like to here his opinions on other topics.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Acronach
Acronach
Goon
Acronach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:04 am

Post by Acronach »

i personally don't believe the scumslip thing. also, i have never watched buffy so unless someone contradicts MoI about the Spike thing, i'll just take his word for it there. haven't seen enough to cast a serious vote yet.

PEDIT: good point LLD, didnt notice that. let's hear some of his other opinions then.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:06 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:...
Uh, I'm not in agreement that his miller claim makes him look bad. I'm calling that null.

Normally I'd be in agreement. I don't think a Miller claim in the second post is inherently bad. When said person has come under fire I think it adds some scumminess to said claim.

What really makes me think it is fake is Toasty's answer when I questioned him.

"I couldn't post it based on the GM because it would break the set-up?"

That answer doesn't make any sense. If Smarg banned him from claiming Miller to protect the set-up it would extend game-wide, not be limited to Toasty's first post.

The answer has to be a lie. And a truthfully claiming Miller would have no reason to invent a convoluted reason why he didn't claim in his first post when he could just say "Oops, forgot". That's a much more believale response.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:10 am

Didn't he say he went to ask?

Is it perhaps possible that he received confirmation that the miller claim was a-ok?

I'll admit, it's a weird answer... but it's still null for me. I'll need more before I go that way. Like, say, his opinions on current issues in the game~?

If he refuses to give me those in a timely fashion, he may.. ah... find me pressuring him into doing so.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
edmund.angles
edmund.angles
Goon
edmund.angles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:33 am

Post by edmund.angles »

I would like to contradict MoI on the Spike thing. Vampires are either a species of demon or demon-human hybrid in Buffyverse depending on who you ask.
You could certainly call them "demonic".

about Toasty:
I don't consider the claim bad, since the pressure was negligible and 2. post is soon enough.
It does however concern me that he held back his name due to lyncher fear.
It might be to make people reluctant to advocate his lynch - scummy.

Well a claimed miller acting scummy:
VOTE: Toasty
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:38 am

Post by ToastyToast »

well, that was what I was told, so you can think into it as much as you want.

Tell me: if you got a role of spike, demonic townie, would you not ask for clarification? It doesn't explicitly call me a miller, but hints that the scooby gang doesn't trust me. It sounds like miller, but I wasn't sure. So I asked and the response I got was that I am a demon who happens to be alligned with town. What would be my motivation for making such a bad lie?

@LLD: Unfortunately, I'm babysitting and as such don't have much time. BUT, I will say that my overall thoughts of "the important things" being discussed is that the LLD pressure has no backing and that Llamarble is foolish for thinking he can catch the scumteam after one post.

PEDIT: Again, knowing the Spike character, there are enough people who would want him lynched. Since my role didn't say Spike, Miller, its speculation on my part.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:13 am

Post by Llamarble »

Eh, I don't think scum claim miller that often. Too much risk of a vig or a rolebased lynch. And spikemiller means if Angel's in play he's probably Angeluscum.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Jason
Acronach
Acronach
Goon
Acronach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:52 am

Post by Acronach »

unvote
vote toast

the miller thing is just too weird
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:05 am

Acronach wrote:...

unvote
vote toast

:badposting:

What about it was "just too weird"?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Acronach
Acronach
Goon
Acronach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:31 am

Post by Acronach »

well for one, how can you "just have a feeling" that you're a miller based on your flavor? how can you be sure enough just from flavor that you would claim miller?
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:33 am

Acronach wrote:well for one, how can you "just have a feeling" that you're a miller based on your flavor? how can you be sure enough just from flavor that you would claim miller?

And so instead of asking these questions to... say, the claimed miller Toasty...

You decided it would be a better idea to just hop on his wagon with that derp post above and NOT try and have your qualms answered?

So essentially, you're saying you don't care if your questions go unanswered, because all you are interested in is getting the lynch.

Kay. +1 scum points.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:49 am

Post by Llamarble »

Toasty already explained that and his thought process made sense.
He claims to have received "You're spike, town aligned demon. Scooby gang might not trust you though due to your demonic nature."
And asked for clarification if this made him a miller, then gotten it, then posted. Seems reasonable to me.
And scum don't often post "what would be my motivation for making such a bad lie" either. Too cheeky.

So my townlist contains Toasty, MOI, LLD. Jason is scum.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:51 am

Post by smargaret »

Votecount 1.2
Lady Lambdadelta - 2 iamausername, jasonT1981
edmund.angles - 0
MagnaofIllusion - 1 farside22,
Locke Lamora - 0
jasonT1981 - 3 Miss JJ, Lady Lambdadelta, Llamarble,
Dekes - 0
Llamarble - 0
Acronach - 0
ToastyToast - 4 Locke Lamora, MagnaofIllusion, edmund.angles, Acronach,
Miss JJ - 1 ToastyToast,
farside22 - 0
iamausername - 0
Regfan - 0

Not Voting: Dekes, Regfan

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Acronach
Acronach
Goon
Acronach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:07 pm

Post by Acronach »

i heard what he claims his thought process was and i don't believe it. simple as that.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:55 pm

Post by Dekes »

I like active games. Will catch up when I'm sober.
Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:34 pm

Post by Miss JJ »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:

MissJJ wrote:And what are these cliquey Scooby Gangs about?

Scum-dar Minor ping …

What pings you about this?

jasonT1981 wrote:Angel is better :D

Bad taste? Yes...but not a scum read. :P

Acronach wrote:
Llamarble wrote:VOTE: Toast
Jason & MJJ are his scumbuddies.

you know this how?

Good question. Care to answer it?

Llamarble wrote:Jason is Angelus and fakeclaimed Angel in 58.

Which is it? Is he Angelus or did he fakeclaim?

MagnaofIllusion wrote:

The answer has to be a lie. And a truthfully claiming Miller would have no reason to invent a convoluted reason why he didn't claim in his first post when he could just say "Oops, forgot". That's a much more believale response.

I feel Toasty Toast's explanation is believable. I don't see his answer as convoluted - if he has said "oops, forget" that would seem more unbelievable to me. Who's going to forget to claim? It's much more believable that he would be waiting for a reply from the mod.

Llamarble wrote:Eh, I don't think scum claim miller that often. Too much risk of a vig or a rolebased lynch. And spikemiller means if Angel's in play he's probably Angeluscum.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Jason

Why would Angel be scum? Especially if Spike's not scum? Angelus and Spike were both evil in season 2 but then Angel got his soul back (again) and during the time Spike was chipped, and helping the Scoobies, Angelus was definitely not evil.

Nothing you are saying is adding up to me.

UNVOTE: VOTE: Llama
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:01 pm

Post by Llamarble »

Angel is just as demon as spike is, and I find multiple millers unlikely from a gamemechanics standpoint.
I suppose it's possible we have some kind demon flavor cop (Giles perhaps) and most demons are evil?

You and Jason were scum because of your posts.
Specifically, you were like 'this alliance thing is a topic of interest' and but made a vote irrelevant to that topic.
Then Jason totally ignored everything of note and OMGUS crossvoted for the distance, then made that lovely downplay-of-scumteamsuspicion post.
Then Jason made his 'I could be intrigued by this LLD slip; any townies wanna help me mislynch her for it?' post.
And now Jason is "not a scumread" to you and you get out of his wagon and counterattack me.

Jason can die today and after he flips scum you can die tomorrow.
Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:19 pm

Post by Miss JJ »

As for my comments about the alliance thing. My take is that several of these players know each other, have played together, and were playing around. Now, if I really think there is some sort of serious alliance going on I will definitely take note and be very interested.

Saying I'm scum for that reason is either very bad scumhunting on your part or someone hoping to set someone up. I don't know you - or anyone else here - but your reasoning is caca.

Who said Angelus isn't a demon? He is. That wasn't my question to you. It was, did Jason claim to be Angel or didn't he?
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:20 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:We are arguing about a past game Acro. MoI is legitimately suspicious now, because he has moved from a town voting block (Which is null),to deliberately attempting to soil my reputation as any kind of reliable(which benefits scum).

Banter is common in RVS. I would say "she's taking what he said WAY too seriously," but then MoI continues to push the issue. So I would say LLD's reaction to the comment was bad, but it seems to me that MoI was pushing the point brought up with the voting block by switching the suspicion on her.
In other words, the situation does not tell me much of anything. Hence, why I ignored commenting about it.

Acronach wrote:sounds too risky to be a maf move. minor town read on LLD, but i'm not voting MOI with her until i see something more convincing

Except mafia needs to take risks. Also, I don't see the "risky move" you are pointing at.

Additionally,
Acronach wrote:i don't think scum would put themselves out there and risk getting lynched

is exactly what your doing. Not saying much of your opinions at all unless called out on it. If your suggesting that only scum hide in the background, then you shouldn't be in the background yourself. Makes you look bad. scum read #1

Magna wrote:If he’s scum for ignoring that we’ve already transitioned into Real Game ™ then I am with you.
UNVOTE: Edmund VOTE: Toasty

Why me and not MissJJ, Jason, or iamausername?

Good posting Town read #1=Regfan

jasonT1981 wrote:A lot of people usually declare who is scum early in games.. its common to see people say X Y & B are scum from the early stages.

This comes off as a defense. Also, tell me, does someone who KNOWS WHO SCUM IS vote hop to 5 different people in a span of 9 posts, all with little or no explanation?

Acronach wrote:i personally don't believe the scumslip thing. also, i have never watched buffy so unless someone contradicts MoI about the Spike thing, i'll just take his word for it there. haven't seen enough to cast a serious vote yet. PEDIT: good point LLD, didnt notice that. let's hear some of his other opinions then.

Do your own research, and consider what my scum motivation would be.

MoI wrote:That answer doesn't make any sense. If Smarg banned him from claiming Miller to protect the set-up it would extend game-wide, not be limited to Toasty's first post.

Where are you getting this? I asked her if I was indeed a miller, not if claiming such would get me banned. Her response was that I was a demon alligned with town. Hence, it leads me to believe that my role is different than a Vanilla townie, and the role PM points to miller.

Acronach wrote:i heard what he claims his thought process was and i don't believe it. simple as that.

Why not? What do YOU think demonic townie sounds like?

My top 3 scum reads right now are Acronach, Llamarble, Jason. Most sure about
Unvote:Vote:Acronach

Town read on Refgan. Leaning town on Miss JJ. LLD and MoI are still null, but this includes the fact that I try to be cautious when playing with them (LLD for manipulating me into doc protecting her every night in fire and Ice and MoI because he's MoI)
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
Acronach
Acronach
Goon
Acronach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:08 pm

Post by Acronach »

Llamarble wrote:Angel is just as demon as spike is, and I find multiple millers unlikely from a gamemechanics standpoint.
I suppose it's possible we have some kind demon flavor cop (Giles perhaps) and most demons are evil?

You and Jason were scum because of your posts.
Specifically, you were like 'this alliance thing is a topic of interest' and but made a vote irrelevant to that topic.
Then Jason totally ignored everything of note and OMGUS crossvoted for the distance, then made that lovely downplay-of-scumteamsuspicion post.
Then Jason made his 'I could be intrigued by this LLD slip; any townies wanna help me mislynch her for it?' post.
And now Jason is "not a scumread" to you and you get out of his wagon and counterattack me.

Jason can die today and after he flips scum you can die tomorrow.

...looks like you're pulling 3 names out your ass and trying to find reasons that they could be scum
edmund.angles
edmund.angles
Goon
edmund.angles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:07 pm

Post by edmund.angles »

about LL:
His reason for voting Jason is flimsy at best, I don't see why Jason's comment on the Angel series should be a claim.
LL claiming that he is
sure
Jason is scum takes his craplogic up a notch.
And he is speculating on scumbuddies without a flip - again craplogic.

And he is rushing us into night...
LLMarble wrote:I've always wanted to be in a quicklynchallthescum game.

Yes wouldn't we all - unfortunately trying to do that will result in town loss 9/10.

UNVOTE: Toasty
VOTE: LLMarble
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:10 am

Post by iamausername »

jasonT1981 wrote:
Could be tempted to see what she said as a scumslip about moving from a townblock...

The wording of this looks highly suspect to me.

Llamarble wrote:
I've always wanted to be in a quicklynchallthescum game.

It is pretty fun.

Lady λδ wrote:
Is it a scum slip, or isn't it? You don't get to come back to it when it is convenient for you, "in the future". The fact that you are willing to sit on the fence about this and avoid taking a real stance, but are also willing to have it be used as admissible evidence in "the future" is pure scum intent.

Townies give reads, scum collects posts to try and gather mislynches.

It's fairly obvious which one you are attempting.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner.

Toasty's claim seems highly unlikely to come from scum, but MoI's attacks there read like a genuine misunderstanding as opposed to scum smelling blood and swooping in. That would look more like this:

Acronach wrote:...

unvote
vote toast

Unvote

VOTE: Acronach

I could go for a jason vote too, though I think Llama is really jumping at shadows with the "jason is Angelus fakeclaiming Angel" business.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:21 am

Post by Regfan »

I've begun watching the first season and it's suprisingly enjoyable thus far. It could do with a little bit less of the script revolving around romance though.

Not seeing Toasty as scum at all to be perfectly honest. His recent posts along with his claim both read as town. A miller related role would make perfect sense in this theme given what I've seen of the show thus far - that being the lines between good and evil are blurry. Also getting a newb-town read from Acronach mainly due to his reaction to Llarmable calling out the scum-team.

Edmund, I don't understand how you consider Toasty holding back his name-claim while claiming miller a scum-tell. Scum would know a claim such as that would lead to them outing more information and therefore present it instantly in order to avoid suspicion whereas town may have paranoia in doing so. Your entire post reads as you attempting to push a policy-miller lynch via manipulating null-tells to seem like scum-tells.

Vote: Edumund
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:35 am

Post by iamausername »

Regfan wrote:I've begun watching the first season and it's suprisingly enjoyable thus far.

And it gets so much better! (mostly)

What's your opinion on Jason?
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:44 am

Post by Regfan »

Leaning mafia on him at the moment, his posts have lacked any real form of content and his reasoning behind his vote on LLD reads as weak and incoherent.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”