miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:41 am

Post by Nexus »

It's not inherently scummy, but it's enough for me to not need to change my vote from where it is because a) it was originally an attempt to gain information from a counterwagon and b) the person who the vote is on has managed to ignore both the Zang wagon and the attempted counterwagon. Like, what I'm trying to say is it isn't scummy enough to warrant a vote should I not have a vote down, or have a vote elsewhere, but as I have a vote there now, I'm fine with it remaining until more information surfaces. Clearer? (Probably not, I'm confusing myself :D)

I was specifically talking about the Zang wagon and the attempted counterwagon. Surely one if not both of those things needs to be addressed?
Trans rights are human rights.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:43 am

Post by Hoppster »

Nexus wrote:It's not inherently scummy, but it's enough for me to not need to change my vote from where it is because a) it was originally an attempt to gain information from a counterwagon and b) the person who the vote is on has managed to ignore both the Zang wagon and the attempted counterwagon. Like, what I'm trying to say is it isn't scummy enough to warrant a vote should I not have a vote down, or have a vote elsewhere, but as I have a vote there now, I'm fine with it remaining until more information surfaces. Clearer? (Probably not, I'm confusing myself :D)

I was specifically talking about the Zang wagon and the attempted counterwagon. Surely one if not both of those things needs to be addressed?

1) Gotcha

2) You're referring solely to those people not on either of those two wagons, correct?
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:50 am

Post by Nexus »

Well, anyone in general, but yes, those who ignored both the five person wagon ridiculously quick, and then the attempted counterwagon.

I didn't join the Zang wagon because I wasn't comfortable putting a player at L-1 without him posting and within like 10 posts, and I saw the opportunity to get information by being a part of a different wagon.

Speaking of Zang, I hope he posts soon. I'd like to hear his reaction to a L-2 wagon so quick x]
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:55 am

Post by Hoppster »

Nexus wrote:I didn't join the Zang wagon because I wasn't comfortable putting a player at L-1 without him posting and within like 10 posts, and I saw the opportunity to get information by being a part of a different wagon.

What information do you think you have got now from the counter-wagon that you wouldn't have got by putting Zang at L-1?

Nexus wrote:Speaking of Zang, I hope he posts soon. I'd like to hear his reaction to a L-2 wagon so quick x]

If Zang doesn't post soon, would you consider putting him at L-1?

Do you think we would have had a less informative reaction from Zang had he been at L-1?
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:58 am

Post by Surye »

Interesting little exchange between Nexus and Hoppster. The FoS on pappums was odd to me, as I don't see not jumping on a wagon or counter wagon page 1 as scummy. I didn't explain this because I wanted to see how he reacted to a page 1 vote against him.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:04 am

Post by Hoppster »

Surye wrote:Interesting

In what way?

Surye wrote:The FoS on pappums was odd to me

But not on you or Ant?

Surye wrote:I didn't explain this because I wanted to see how he reacted to a page 1 vote against him.

How has he reacted? How did you expect him to react if you provided no reasoning - surely that could just be seen as a RVS vote (unless it was a RVS vote and I'm incorrect in thinking you voted CES because you thought "The FoS on pappums was odd")?
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:05 am

Post by Nexus »

Hoppster: Well, that the three who ignored them both have done so. I can understand not jumping on a L-2 wagon, but why ignore a counter wagon as well, particularly in RVS?

The risk with putting Zang at L-1 is someone could be overzealous and hammer him, and I'm not one for one page Day 1's. No offence.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:09 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Tarhalindur wrote:
Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
FoS: Ant, Surye

???

Why "???" that but not this?
Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
FoS: pappums rat

Because I didn't feel like quoting both FoS'es for a point (asking for the reason for the FoS'es) that was served by quoting only one.

Speaking of that: Nexus, why not let CES answer my question on his own?

I want to see Zang posts before I move off the L-2 wagon.

In other news: I'm of two minds about Hoppster, need to see more to judge. I want to see thoughts from bv310 pronto, and to a lesser extent CES.

PPE:

Surye wrote:Interesting little exchange between Nexus and Hoppster. The FoS on pappums was odd to me, as I don't see not jumping on a wagon or counter wagon page 1 as scummy. I didn't explain this because I wanted to see how he reacted to a page 1 vote against him.

Since when is this townposting?
MFoS: Surye
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:14 am

Post by Hoppster »

Nexus wrote:Hoppster: Well, that the three who ignored them both have done so. I can understand not jumping on a L-2 wagon, but why ignore a counter wagon as well, particularly in RVS?

The risk with putting Zang at L-1 is someone could be overzealous and hammer him, and I'm not one for one page Day 1's. No offence.

1) Gotcha

2) Would you have put Zang at L-2 had he been at L-3?

Tarhalindur wrote:

Does the M stand for Major or Minor (or some other word beginning with 'M')?

Now that Nexus has suggested the probable reason for CES's FoSes, what do you think of them (ie. how has your attitude changed from "???")?
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:18 am

Post by Surye »

Hoppster wrote:

In what way?

In the general sense of the word.

Hoppster wrote:

But not on you or Ant?

If you read in order, you'd see my post was before he FoSed me. I realize this is a Dr Who Mafia, but I could not timetravel to see his FoS I'm afraid.

Hoppster wrote:
Surye wrote:I didn't explain this because I wanted to see how he reacted to a page 1 vote against him.

How has he reacted? How did you expect him to react if you provided no reasoning - surely that could just be seen as a RVS vote (unless it was a RVS vote and I'm incorrect in thinking you voted CES because you thought "The FoS on pappums was odd")?

I wanted to see if he assumed it an RVS, or reacted defensively without real provocation.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:19 am

Post by Nexus »

2) Possibly. Cannot give a definite answer to a hypothetical situation.

Tarhalindur: I felt like giving my own opinion.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:20 am

Post by Hoppster »

Surye wrote:
Hoppster wrote:

But not on you or Ant?

If you read in order, you'd see my post was before he FoSed me. I realize this is a Dr Who Mafia, but I could not timetravel to see his FoS I'm afraid.

Yeah, realised that after I posted, but to an extent it's still kinda valid. Do you think his subsequent FoSes on yourself and Ant are/were odd?
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:20 am

Post by Surye »

Tarhalindur wrote:
PPE:

Surye wrote:Interesting little exchange between Nexus and Hoppster. The FoS on pappums was odd to me, as I don't see not jumping on a wagon or counter wagon page 1 as scummy. I didn't explain this because I wanted to see how he reacted to a page 1 vote against him.

I wish I could respond, but I don't see the problem that you obviously do :/
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:22 am

Post by Surye »

Hoppster wrote:
Surye wrote:
Hoppster wrote:

But not on you or Ant?

Yeah, realised that after I posted, but to an extent it's still kinda valid. Do you think his subsequent FoSes on yourself and Ant are/were odd?

Actually I am not sure. It's consistent with his first FoS (off wagon vote), so I actually like his reaction, and don't see it as defensive as I thought I'd get.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:25 am

Post by Hoppster »

Surye wrote:Actually I am not sure. It's consistent with his first FoS (off wagon vote), so I actually like his reaction,
and don't see it as defensive as I thought I'd get.

You thought you'd get a defensive reaction: did you think he was scum (who, as such would react defensively) simply from his FoS? Or would a defensive reaction be one you would expect from town?
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:34 am

Post by Surye »

Hoppster wrote:
Surye wrote:Actually I am not sure. It's consistent with his first FoS (off wagon vote), so I actually like his reaction,

You thought you'd get a defensive reaction: did you think he was scum (who, as such would react defensively) simply from his FoS? Or would a defensive reaction be one you would expect from town?

I didn't think he was town or scum honestly, but during the RVS (especially page 1), FoS, ping my scumdar a bit, and I wanted to see if I could get any more information. I certainly don't appreciate being called Stupid over it :P
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:09 pm

Post by Zang »

CES-Why is it scummy not to vote on a RVS wagon? I can understand why it wouldn't be pro-town but that doesn't make it scummy.

Nexus wrote:Speaking of Zang, I hope he posts soon. I'd like to hear his reaction to a L-2 wagon so quick x

I'm shocked about how many people hate me, I'm angry that I missed RVS and im surprised that i can have such a big effect on the game without even posting but other than that I have no opinion on it. It was just an RVS wagon and as long as I'm not put up to L-1, I see nothing wrong with it.

I'm not really sure what your argument with Hoppster is about. I understand how it started but it seems like your just arguing for the sake of arguing.

Tahalindur wrote:I want to see Zang posts before I move off the L-2 wagon.

Why? How should my post affect your vote when you voted me for no reason? Also, what does the m in mfos stand for?
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:16 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

^scum
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:26 pm

Post by Zang »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:^scum
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:39 pm

Post by Hoppster »

So why no vote, Zang?
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:22 pm

Post by Zang »

Hoppster wrote:So why no vote, Zang?

Why not ask CES the same question?

I don't usually vote somebody based on only one post.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:34 pm

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

The Zang wagon didn't need any help. Counter wagon was Meh. No funny reasons why I should join or incentive. I thought I would make my own with the condemning evidence I had :P

Only other player I know is rat, but I will have to go back and look at that game to really remember him.
Apologies for falling off the face of the earth.
I'M BACK BABY FOR A LIMITED TIME*!
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:59 pm

Post by pappums rat »

^ LOL that was my 3rd game on this site, and I have since played like 15 or 16. I played terrible, got pushed to L-1, claimed doctor, helped lynch scum, and then got NK'ed. :goodtimes:

Anyways, I think all this dialogue between Surye and Hoppster is just a bunch of meaningless noise, and the wagons were not useful at all other than clumsily getting us out of RVS.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:56 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Nexus wrote:2) Possibly. Cannot give a definite answer to a hypothetical situation.

Tarhalindur: I felt like giving my own opinion.

Hmm. I'm used to waiting to give your own opinion until after the person asked has a chance to respond, so as to not risk scum barning your reasoning.

Then again, this is CES we're talking about.

Note on why "???": Unexplained FoSes are unusual, and while the reason for the FoSes could be inferred I wanted to hear it from CES himself. (In part to check on another possibility - see the end of the post.)

Surye wrote:
Tarhalindur wrote:
PPE:

I wish I could respond, but I don't see the problem that you obviously do :/

I don't get my gut reads sometimes, but I'm willing to trust them, especially this early into the game.

If I had to identify one thing about this post that feels wrong, it's that it's too passive - no push, no attempt to express your own views on Nexus or Hoppster. What the hell is the purpose of this post? More to the point: do you think Hoppster is scum? Nexus?

Also, since players are asking: the M is for major. Should have deployed the Hand, I guess.

Zang wrote:CES-Why is it scummy not to vote on a RVS wagon? I can understand why it wouldn't be pro-town but that doesn't make it scummy.

Nexus wrote:Speaking of Zang, I hope he posts soon. I'd like to hear his reaction to a L-2 wagon so quick x

I'm shocked about how many people hate me, I'm angry that I missed RVS and im surprised that i can have such a big effect on the game without even posting but other than that I have no opinion on it. It was just an RVS wagon and as long as I'm not put up to L-1, I see nothing wrong with it.

I'm not really sure what your argument with Hoppster is about. I understand how it started but it seems like your just arguing for the sake of arguing.

Tahalindur wrote:I want to see Zang posts before I move off the L-2 wagon.

Why? How should my post affect your vote when you voted me for no reason? Also, what does the m in mfos stand for?

People hating you? Can't speak for the rest of the people voting you, but I wanted a large early bandwagon to force people to take sides early, and you happened to be a convenient target. The reason I wanted to wait for you to post was to see whether your reaction was going to be "WTF?" or "whatever". The answer, instead, appears to be "both of the above". Which is probably a town response, now that I think about it.

Unvote

Seeing a FIVE-vote wagon in a Mini game RVS was a bit of a surprise to me - I think there's got to be scum somewhere on that bandwagon. I'll keep it in mind for later.

Surye wrote:
Hoppster wrote:

In what way?

In the general sense of the word.

Hoppster wrote:

But not on you or Ant?

Hoppster wrote:

I wanted to see if he assumed it an RVS, or reacted defensively without real provocation.

Surye wrote:
Hoppster wrote:

I didn't think he was town or scum honestly, but during the RVS (especially page 1), FoS, ping my scumdar a bit, and I wanted to see if I could get any more information. I certainly don't appreciate being called Stupid over it :P

Surye is still passive, still not taking positions on players, and still not showing signs of reads (or attempts to get reads) on other players. In short, he's not scumhunting, and he's also acting like scum trying to avoid being read.

Vote: Surye

Bandwagon ahoy!

---

CES: Are you claiming to be post restricted?

Hoppster and Nexus is probably a townie fight, with an outside chance of Hoppsterscum using questions to confuse the town. That's a very outside shot though.

Gut does not like bv310 and wants to see more posting out of him.

Everyone else: Get off the sidelines, please.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:07 pm

Post by Surye »

We're on page 2, I'm not being passive, I'm poking and prodding to see where people show scumminess. I commented on the Nexus and Hoppster interaction as I think there is something of note, but I don't have a read on the relationship between them. My reads will solidify and I will take a stronger stance when I have one.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”