Newbie 1116 -- Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:31 pm

Post by Miss JJ »

@ Viscera - Sorry, I should have been more clear. It was not an extension of my "attempted" RVS vote. It was due to his FoSing of Big Al which seemed stronger than his reason for keeping his RVS vote on Yonzy.
Grimmjow
Grimmjow
Goon
Grimmjow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:38 pm

Post by Grimmjow »

Unvote

I'm doing that because there isn't any real sound reasoning for me to keep my vote there. Also, as for my
FoS
, I'm going to say that it's not so much a FoS now, but I'm going to keep watch on bigAl. Perhaps it's just me, but I'm more suspicious of the IC in a game until (s)he shows me clear evidence that they are not scum. That's mostly because they do have the most experience, and therefore they'd know how to cover their tracks better.

And thanks Eyes for the website info. I was just curious if anyone else was having problems with the site, or if there is legitimate reason to be suspicious of Al because of his supposed website problems. I can see now that he very well might have had issues, so I'm not going to run with that one.

@JJ: I'd too like to know why you voted me. Is it RVS, suspicion, or what?
/DANCE OR FEED
Grimmjow
Grimmjow
Goon
Grimmjow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:40 pm

Post by Grimmjow »

EBWOP:Seems like she answered me.

However, as I stated, my vote on Yonzy wasn't random. I think his reasoning for the vote was bullshit, and so I called him out on it. As for Al's FoS, I didn't have anything that I blatantly disagreed with. It was just a "huh..." thing, if that makes sense. It wasn't that I disagreed, but it seemed suspicious to me.
/DANCE OR FEED
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:49 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Votecount 1.02

bigAl - 1 - cymru96
cymru96 - 1 - bigAl
Grimmjow - 1 - Miss JJ
Workdawg - 1 - Yonzy

Not Voting: VisceraEyes, Zihark, tucah, Workdawg, Grimmjow

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline: June 30 (expired on 2011-06-30 11:00:00)

V/LA: ...

Just as a note: I don't mind the use of spoiler tags, but don't put a Vote inside of them, or anything directed at me; I don't
always
read under them immediately.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:48 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

Nobody Special wrote:

Just as a note: I don't mind the use of spoiler tags, but don't put a Vote inside of them, or anything directed at me; I don't
always

For clarification sake, can I quote peoples' official votes inside of a spoiler, as long as when I vote officially, I don't do it inside spoiler tags?
Show
In your Viscera Eyes
Cataracts close the blinds
Let me let comfort come drown by your side.

As Town: 4-4
As Mafia: 5-0
Total Games Completed: 13

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:54 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

@Grimmjow

That's why I dislike RVS so much...the reasons are absolutely irrelevant at that stage because we haven't seen enough posts from anyone; making all reasons "bullshit". Do you have some other reason to be defending Workdawg so harshly I wonder?
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:31 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

VisceraEyes wrote:
Nobody Special wrote:

always

For clarification sake, can I quote peoples' official votes inside of a spoiler, as long as when I vote officially, I don't do it inside spoiler tags?

Absolutely.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Yonzy
Yonzy
Goon
Yonzy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:03 am

Post by Yonzy »

Unvote

Grimmjow, I don't think you understand for RVS is..it's RANDOM voting stage. I randomly voted for Workdawg, so I couldn't possibly post a logical reasoning for that. It does seem like you are quick to point fingers but that could be explained by newbie-ness.
Btw, you guys are trusting the IC too much. You need to not think of the fact he is IC and just judge him like any other player.
Yonzy
Yonzy
Goon
Yonzy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:03 am

Post by Yonzy »

EBWOP

Grimmjow, I don't think you understand what RVS is.*****
Grimmjow
Grimmjow
Goon
Grimmjow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:00 am

Post by Grimmjow »

VisceraEyes wrote:@Grimmjow ... Do you have some other reason to be defending Workdawg so harshly I wonder?

Uhm, where was I defending Workdawg exactly...? I don't think I ever even mentioned his name.
Yonzy wrote:Grimmjow, I don't think you understand what RVS is.

How can you call a vote random when you give a reason behind your vote? RANDOM: proceeding, made, or occurring without definite aim, reason, or pattern. HEY, IF YOU LIST A REASON, THAT'S NOT RANDOM KTHNX
/DANCE OR FEED
tucah
tucah
Townie
tucah
Townie
Townie

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:05 am

Post by tucah »

Sorry about the lack of replies from me guys, I had an unexpectedly busy weekend. Reading through the page and a half that I missed a few things pop out:

cymru96 wrote:VOTE: bigAL because he's said that he's not necisserily town and then voted for me without saying his reason.

BTW my time zone is GMT so my posts will probably be early morning- early afternoon for most of you

Cymru, why such a quick vote against bigAl? It seems a little defensive, especially since you didn't ask him why he suspected you or wait BigAl to answer Grimmjow's question regarding his suspicion of you. If you were town, wouldn't you want to dispute all of his charges against you to get rid of any questions of your loyalty as town?

Sure, bigAl ended up explaining it as an arbitrary charge but I'd still like to know why you didn't defend yourself before voting BigAl (and then continued to vote for bigAl without really saying anything in response to his relatively lengthy explanation of his vote).

That's really all I found suspicious for now.
cymru96
cymru96
Goon
cymru96
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:22 am

Post by cymru96 »

tucah wrote:Sorry about the lack of replies from me guys, I had an unexpectedly busy weekend. Reading through the page and a half that I missed a few things pop out:

cymru96 wrote:VOTE: bigAL because he's said that he's not necisserily town and then voted for me without saying his reason.

BTW my time zone is GMT so my posts will probably be early morning- early afternoon for most of you

Cymru, why such a quick vote against bigAl? It seems a little defensive, especially since you didn't ask him why he suspected you or wait BigAl to answer Grimmjow's question regarding his suspicion of you. If you were town, wouldn't you want to dispute all of his charges against you to get rid of any questions of your loyalty as town?

Sure, bigAl ended up explaining it as an arbitrary charge but I'd still like to know why you didn't defend yourself before voting BigAl (and then continued to vote for bigAl without really saying anything in response to his relatively lengthy explanation of his vote).

That's really all I found suspicious for now.

Even if he voted for someone else without giving reason I woul've voted for him 'cause you can't really say it's not random without giving reason.

Also, saying that it's a quick vote works two ways. If your quick, it's suspicious. If you leave it cause it's not enough evidence, looks suspicious. People gat lynched for stayin quiet. It's a two sided coin.

Saying that, I don't think he's scum but I'm not gonna unvote cause I havent seen anyone who looks scummy and leaving my vote blank after previously voting looks suspicious.
Record as townie- 0-0

Record as Scum- 2-0
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:37 am

Post by Workdawg »

Hey all. Sorry I've been inactive so far. As I mentioned in my first post, I've been out of town at my cousins wedding. It was a great time, and I'll be on the way home later today. I did a quick read over on my phone, but the format makes it hard to see text and avatars, so I don't really have a good grasp on who has said what so far. I have a 2 hour layover later, so I'll. Try and give it another read then.

I'm in the central timezone in the US. I also have a desk job that allows for some free websurfing time. So I usually post fairly frequently at various times of the day.
Grimmjow
Grimmjow
Goon
Grimmjow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:47 am

Post by Grimmjow »

cymru96 wrote:Even if he voted for someone else without giving reason I woul've voted for him 'cause you can't really say it's not random without giving reason.

Actually, you can, which is exactly what he did XD
cymru96 wrote:Saying that, I don't think he's scum but I'm not gonna unvote cause I havent seen anyone who looks scummy and leaving my vote blank after previously voting looks suspicious.

Your unvote doesn't count unless it's bolded. Don't forget that. Also, if you're going to vote or unvote, put it on a separate line so the mod can more easily see it.

Also, let's try and tone down the quote-walling. It makes it easier to read, especially if it's on a phone like Dawg stated he was doing and I do fairly frequently.
/DANCE OR FEED
cymru96
cymru96
Goon
cymru96
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:00 am

Post by cymru96 »

I know you can vote without giving reason but it pointless 'cause it's like saying "I know something you don't but I'm not telling." It's stupid.

I havent unvoted.
Record as townie- 0-0

Record as Scum- 2-0
Grimmjow
Grimmjow
Goon
Grimmjow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:03 am

Post by Grimmjow »

Oops, read that wrong. I must've read over the "not" part. My bad. Sleepy Grimm is sleepy.
/DANCE OR FEED
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:55 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

VOTE: Zihark for having one post so far. I'm a late-addition and have more posts than a few people and I needz moar dataz. ^^
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:05 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

cymru96 wrote:Also, saying that it's a quick vote works two ways. If your quick, it's suspicious. If you leave it cause it's not enough evidence, looks suspicious. People gat lynched for stayin quiet. It's a two sided coin.

Saying that, I don't think he's scum but I'm not gonna unvote cause I havent seen anyone who looks scummy and leaving my vote blank after previously voting looks suspicious.

You seem pretty concerned about not "appearing" scummy. :eek: Should I be concerned that there's a reason for that??

I don't think unvoting when you no longer find someone suspicious scummy...it means you're not afraid to admit you made a mistake. As I claimed earlier, I don't find switching votes to be suspicious...only the timing. For example, if you left your vote on bigAl and then we all decided to put pressure on an inactive, putting 3 votes on him, THEN you unvote bigAl and vote for the inactive, I would find MUCH more scummy than if you did it now after admitting you don't find him suspicious.

@light-posters
We're reaching a point in the day where people are going to start getting suspicious of everyone else and one of the most suspicious things in my mind is active-lurking. I've seen a couple of people already looking at the thread but not posting who are in the game - I'd hate to lose a townie or two to lynches when the only crime they're guilty of is not posting enough. Thank you, that is all.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:15 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

@Grimmjow

Why I said you were defending Workdawg, I guess I should've said you were PRESSURING Yonzy. You voted for Yonzy based on his reasoning for voting for Workdawg...the vote that so infuriated you wasn't even cast against you. I could understand being so angry about a vote against you, but his RVS vote (yes, he had a nonsense reason like everyone else...see red wine and because I know you, just as examples) was cast against Workdawg, someone you have no reason to trust and should have no qualms with putting pressure on.

I can see that you feel like your reason for voting him is valid, so I won't try and discredit that further...but understand that the action of you voting for Yonzy looks to the outsider as a defense of Workdawg. As long as you can see that, we're cool.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
tucah
tucah
Townie
tucah
Townie
Townie

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:46 am

Post by tucah »

Also, saying that it's a quick vote works two ways. If your quick, it's suspicious. If you leave it cause it's not enough evidence, looks suspicious. People gat lynched for stayin quiet. It's a two sided coin.

Getting a little paranoid about people thinking you're scum, aren't you?

cymru96 wrote:Saying that, I don't think he's scum but I'm not gonna unvote cause I havent seen anyone who looks scummy and leaving my vote blank after previously voting looks suspicious.

I completely disagree with this. As VisceraEyes mentioned, there are plenty of worse times to unvote than at the beginning of the game, especially after admitting you don't find him suspicious. Why keep your vote if you don't think he's scum - again, a little overly concerned about people thinking you're scum.

I'd also like to see Zihark post, I was about to vote him to get him to talk a little but Viscera's on top of that already I see.
tucah
tucah
Townie
tucah
Townie
Townie

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:47 am

Post by tucah »

Also, sorry for the double post, but I don't know what happened with the first quote in my above post, it's from the same cymru96 post as my second quote (in case anyone was confused, just wanted to clarify).
Zihark
Zihark
Townie
Zihark
Townie
Townie

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:48 am

Post by Zihark »

VOTE: VisceraEyes because he voted me D:
Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:50 am

Post by Miss JJ »

VE, you beat me to it...

@ Cymru why are you concerned with "looking scummy" when you should just be concerned with finding scum?

@ VE, I don't see Grimmjow was infuriated as it was an RVS vote.

Edit - okay Tucah also pre-empted me with Cymru but I think we should have an answer to this.
Miss JJ
Miss JJ
Goon
Miss JJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:53 am

Post by Miss JJ »

VisceraEyes wrote:
cymru96 wrote:@light-posters
We're reaching a point in the day where people are going to start getting suspicious of everyone else and one of the most suspicious things in my mind is active-lurking.
I've seen a couple of people already looking at the thread but not posting who are in the game
- I'd hate to lose a townie or two to lynches when the only crime they're guilty of is not posting enough. Thank you, that is all.

Seeing someone's name in the forum doesn't mean they are necessarily looking at
this
game. They could be in more than one game and be looking at/posting in another - as I was. I wouldn't get too freaked out about this unless someone seems to be online a lot but rarely posts in here.
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:03 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

@Zihark

Really? Honestly? Like, for real-real, NOT for play-play? You're telling me that you entirely avoid posting the whole game, and your VERY FIRST POST after your confirmation post is that you want to vote for me based SOLELY AND COMPLETELY on the fact that I voted for you?

I hope no one is super-concerned when I don't come up with a defense of this vote.

@Miss JJ
In a text-based format, emotions and context are judged from content rather than observation as with face-to-face communication. He referred to Yonzy's reasoning as "bullshit" three? times...which I read as he was so opposed to that line of reasoning that he needed to show it...rather than saying "I find your logic to be flawed my friend" or "I don't agree with you at all" or several other less-aggressive ways, he referred to it as "bullshit reasoning".

I can only judge by what I see. If I'm mistaken, I'm sure you'll let me know. :D

Also, very astute...yours is one of the names I've seen. You're not the only one, but thank you for answering to that. You get some town-points for sure from me. ;)
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”