Newbie 1117(Town Wins)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Redcolbalt
Redcolbalt
Townie
Redcolbalt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:42 am

Post by Redcolbalt »

SomeRandomGuy wrote:
Redcolbalt wrote:If you would manipulate grandma, would u also try to manipulate other players ?

Absolutely, although i've no need to in this game due to my alignment. i wont state 'i am town' though since such is a redundant statement that everyone here will make for obvious reasons.

So, your kinda setting a backup plan here, if things go bad?

And for the second question .

the second question which is essentially: would you take what your offered or form a mafia sized group to kill your gran was a joke. I was more interested in seeing the reaction to them being asked than the answers, at least in some way.

I dont get this, if you part of the town here. Why would you ask this question ?
just to get reactions , well with your answer wouldnt people find you more of a bad guy here.
You did mention earlier that you would maniuplate other players.

@ Bo :

Also, I have a question for registered newbies here: what is your experience in Mafia?

This would be my second actual game of mafia, you could argue 3rd. ( i replaced into a open game, and it was way over my head. I had to end up being replaced out.)

but BBmolla, is also kinda ... scummmy. He seems, overconfident, and pleads not to be killled off.

I mentioned the not hammeran because I didn't want to die with my song unsung.

... can you sing it ? :0 idk know what you mean by that , care to help me out?

Gonna throw this out there real quick, that I think some of the scumtells you guys are getting on me is pretty bogus. I might as well lurk because every time I talk it's a scum tell in some way or another.

Well, lurking is bad to begin with. And maybe you are a scum, and your tells... idk represent your role ?

You then decide to skip over the rules, which also supports my headstrong idea.

Random, started scummy, but he has over the posts, kinda like showed me that he is to clean to be scum, he is willing to open up and explain his ideas without holding anything back. I still kinda think your "null"

Since we are still in RVS , or RQS ? i dont quite know when to tell them apart, since it seems like we are in both at once.
I will
VOTE: BB

Because , i feel that your the most ... strangest !
0/1/0

~<{T.O.B}>~
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:52 am

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

For the record I still don't have a computer so @kad I'm sorry I know you confirmed that is why I started the day. I will bold your name tomorrow when I get a computer. @Everyone no one is to cool for rules. Follow them. Also with 9 alive it's 5 votes to lynch.
#freeShotty
SomeRandomGuy
SomeRandomGuy
Mafia Scum
SomeRandomGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:55 am

Post by SomeRandomGuy »

I'd say Red that RVS and RQS is over - It has been for a while and my vote on Quackerz shouldn't be seen as an indication it's still RVS.

I dont get this, if you part of the town here. Why would you ask this question ?
just to get reactions , well with your answer wouldnt people find you more of a bad guy here.

I asked the questions to start some form of discussion, despite the feeling it might not help do that, it did and infact I believe because the questions were odd, it helped more so than usual - it brought up the question 'Why would these help? I don't see the point!' and in BBmolla's case gave a reaction that could be investigated - his reaction to the question, not his answer set me on the path i went down. Discussion is pro-town.

Anyone who says that they wouldn't manipulate other players is a flat out liar, infact someone is likely already trying, it's a scum tactic and i don't need to do it in this game, that's not to say i've never saw town manipulate people to go for what they believe to be scummy players, but that's not exactly a pro-town way to play.
Town: 2-1
-=-
Scum 1-1

Alive in: 0
Dead in: 0 : Ongoing game
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:52 am

Post by ToastyToast »

Haze wrote:1. This is my first game; am I supposed to make a judgement based off what I Imagine the roles to be like?

Definitely read up on the roles so you have knowledge of how they work together. However, I suggest you don't role-fish (try to find out what people are) in thread, as that is generally a scum-tell. Its probably best to treat everyone as a Vanilla Townie during D1, until claims and kills come into play

Haze wrote:So I have some idea as to what I should be doing, but all those crappy abbreviations or whatnot are causing some annoyance.

I will try to avoid them, but will explain them if they come up.

Haze wrote:By the way, what the hell is a 'Blue'?

Blue isn't something used very often on this site, so I wouldn't worry about it. I'm guessing its something like a Vanilla Townie (VT)
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:01 am

Post by bvoigt »

Ugh, wallposts (large blocks of rambling text) on page 3. Actually, this ended up as a wall, too, but I promise not to post them too often.

BBmolla wrote:
Does Bo Know wrote:The fact that he stated he answered them so no one would call him scum is a little...selfish. Don't know if that's the right word, but saying that instead of agreeing that it brings on more discussion isn't pro-town to me.

I'm not going to sheep and say that something is a great idea if I have issues with it.

Also, I personally do not FoS Random at this point in time, I think his arguement is pretty logical tbh. Seeing how people react under pressure is a good idea because I know for a fact people will react differently, whether intentionally or not, when they're scum under pressure and town under pressure.

I mentioned the not hammeran because I didn't want to die with my song unsung.

This doesn't really address the entire point. IMO, answering the questions to avoid being called scum shows a scummy instinct for survival. What do you have to say to that?

BBmolla wrote:@Bo
I resent RVS because in EM you would normally NL d1, or if you were crazy you were bandwagon and rl. EM is different though because most games start in the night phase, so the first day something has already happened.
However, because every game does use RVS here, it must be proven to work better. I'm not too happy with it, the thought of lynching a PR or outing one d1 is not a pleasant idea for me. But I'm not going to force an NL if people don't agree with me.

Since you brought it up, let me discuss a bit of theory. No lynching Day 1 is a terrible option. Assuming the scum succesfully nightkill, it leaves us with a 6:2 town-to-scum ratio instead of 5:2 if we lynched. Why is that bad? We lose a mislynch.

6:2 (no lynch + nightkill)
4:2 (first mislynch + nightkill)
2:2 (second mislynch + nightkill, game over)

5:2 (first mislynch + nightkill)
3:2 (second mislynch + nightkill, we still have one more mislynch)

@Haze: If you need clarification for any abbreviations, just ask.

SRG's reactions look town to me. He seems to believe what he's saying, and is sincerely looking for scum. Kad is a bit confused, but his thought processes are townish.

UNVOTE: SomeRandomGuy
VOTE: BBMolla
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:03 am

Post by bvoigt »

@Toasty: I believe you still have a random vote on. What are your reads so far?
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:10 am

Post by ToastyToast »

bvoigt wrote:@Toasty: I believe you still have a random vote on. What are your reads so far?

I will be making a list today, but I think random-BB is town on town
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:12 am

Post by BBmolla »

BTW, just so you know I read the rules.

I like the post about me being defensive or whatever by trying to NL, I don't see how this makes me ignorant of the rules.

And, those who voted me, give a second FoS please.

The song unsung is a reference to a song.

And @bvoigt I say you're pulling for straws with scumtells. We "lose" a mislynch that is almost guaranteed to kill a blue, I don't see how that's extremely beneficial. Forget about the NLing.

Once again, don't hammer. Gonna tally up the votes and see how many I have.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:15 am

Post by BBmolla »

Alright, only two, but still tons of FoS on me. Gonna repeat and ask you to give a second FoS.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:20 am

Post by ToastyToast »

@BB: 3 chances to lynch scum is better than 2 chances.

BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:27 am

Post by BBmolla »

>Forget about the NLing.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:49 am

Post by bvoigt »

BBmolla wrote:BTW, just so you know I read the rules.

I like the post about me being defensive or whatever by trying to NL
, I don't see how this makes me ignorant of the rules.

And, those who voted me, give a second FoS please.

The song unsung is a reference to a song.

And @bvoigt I say you're pulling for straws with scumtells. We "lose" a mislynch that is almost guaranteed to kill a blue, I don't see how that's extremely beneficial. Forget about the NLing.

Once again, don't hammer. Gonna tally up the votes and see how many I have.

Is the bolded referring to me? I wasn't saying that the suggestion made you scummy, just explaining why it was a bad idea.

Again, you're not really addressing the real point. It's easy to say I'm "pulling for straws," but that doesn't defend against my point about trying to look good and stay alive by answering the questions.

As for a FoS, I'd say ToastyToast. He's posting fairly often, but doesn't seem to be offering much scumhunting.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:21 am

Post by ToastyToast »

ToastyToast wrote:
bvoigt wrote:@Toasty: I believe you still have a random vote on. What are your reads so far?

Yes, I'm totes not scumhunting. Even quakerz is doing a better job at that!

bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:03 pm

Post by bvoigt »

ToastyToast wrote:
ToastyToast wrote:

Yes, I'm totes not scumhunting. Even quakerz is doing a better job at that!

You haven't done much, for the number of posts you have.

ToastyToast wrote:
BBmolla wrote:I'm too hardcore for rules bro.

Be lucky these rules are standard. One day you'll be in a large theme and wind up modkilled for breaking a post restriction :P

All these long posts....mafiascum was completely shut down for me for a while so I apologize if I don't have much to say regarding the last page. People other than the 4 of us need to talk.

Newbies: Lurking may seem like a great strategy when you first start playing (both as town or mafia). Perhaps if town you are worried about putting your opinions out there, but we need your voice to get a read on you.

Mafia and PR's may lurk because they want to avoid attention. This only directs suspicion towards you.

For example, this post came at a time when there was a decent amount of stuff to respond to. While you gave good advice, I don't see anything here that is trying to discern someone's alignment.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:38 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

I will be waiting for Toasty's list. Otherwise, I don't see anything else comment on so far.

Also, Random, every one of your posts show you as less and less scummy. You're about equal with BB to me right now. It's one of those things that everyone else is so null that the little suspicion I have on both of you is enough to keep the vote on at least one of you.

Wait, I do have a question. BB, why do you request people give you a second FoS?
Town: 11-12; Scum: 10-4; Third-party 1-0
Haze
Haze
Mafia Scum
Haze
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:55 pm

Post by Haze »

Thanks Toasty and Bv. I've got the Abbreviations covered; it's just annoying to keep looking on the wiki for them.
And it looks like the only one who has yet to post is Quackerz.

and for me, Random guy's consistant contribution never left him on the same level as BB to begin with. All BB's doing is getting super defensive around everyone's comments and questions, and not answering some of them. I dunno what your alignment is, but you seriously are making things worse.

Just calm down and explain, or take a stand like Random.
~Lu-natic.

Don't say Crazy.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:59 pm

Post by BBmolla »

What questions Haze?

I request a second FoS so I actually can see what other people are thinking and see if I agree with those FoSes for their reasons or not. Obviously I'm going to disagree with a FoS on myself so that's useless to me. Also, for future reference.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:48 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

Buttered Toast

Haze-His summaries of events are good, he's honest, didn't hesitate to answer the questions, etc.

SomeRandomGuy-Consistent arguments, RQS, explained why he switched to Quackerz well, I don't see talkative noob-scum as a likely scenario.

Toast

bvoigt-Meh, on the one hand he has contributed, but I'm not getting much of anything from it. Feel like his suspicion on me is forced (he was asked who his next FoS would be). I believe you are going for the active-lurking tell? What he says is true, I haven't been very upfront thus far in the game, but in my defense, we're only on page 4 and the fact that I already planned to get a list together kind of counters this.

BBmolla-I think people are attacking him for things that can be interpreted as him getting used to a new website. Suspicions based on his view of RVS and RQS are weak, especially because scum is more likely to go with the flow rather than out themselves by saying "i'm doing this because I have to"

Does Bo Know-Seems wishy washy. "you're not as scummy as I thought you were," but keeps his vote on random regardless. Its also for the very specific reason of a vote hop. He also challenges BBmolla a few times, and
Bo wrote:I don't know, it's in my gut you're not that scummy. But I still feel you're the most anti-town here.

screams "I don't have any real reads." Possible he's having a hard time finding town-slips, but then again its early in the game. Therefore, he's null

Burnt Toast

Quackerz or kad2361--Quackerz has said absolutely nothing, which is just bad. Kad's little entrance was...odd, especially because he never actually explained if he thought BBmolla was scum. Lurkers with no reads who neither give town enough material to for an opinion nor try to scumhunt themselves are scummy.

Redcolbalt--Strongest scum read
1)
Redcolbalt wrote:I dont get this, if you part of the town here. Why would you ask this question ?

He attacks somerandomguy for his answers to the questions, and yet doesn't answer them himself. In my opinion, if he is going to attack someone for revealing information, he should give his own answers first. He's using information from random questions that he himself is unwilling to answer. Also, where did redcolbalt say he would manipulate other players? Misrep?

Redcolbalt wrote:Random, started scummy, but he has over the posts, kinda like showed me that he is to clean to be scum, he is willing to open up and explain his ideas without holding anything back. I still kinda think your "null"

So you attack him for being open in his answers and the questions, but then use that same reasoning to defend him?

2)
Redcolbalt wrote:but BBmolla, is also kinda ... scummmy. He seems, overconfident, and pleads not to be killled off.

So after you form suspicions on Random, you change your mind in the same post and vote for the person Random started a wagon on? Hmmm....

3)Then there are the reasons for voting BBmolla...
-Overconfidence isn't a scumtell.
-I've seen town plead not to be lynch before, but its usually more about RAGE. What's scummy about it is that BB was nowhere near getting hammered.
Redcolbalt wrote:Because , i feel that your the most ... strangest !

-Unless this is gut, this doesn't even count. And gut isn't a very convincing argument anyways

Unvote:Vote: Redcolbalt

drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:00 pm

Prodding quackerz. He confirmed via pm. not sure if he know where the thread is.
#freeShotty
SomeRandomGuy
SomeRandomGuy
Mafia Scum
SomeRandomGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:50 pm

Post by SomeRandomGuy »

Toasty, your post is interesting and certainly i believe that red may fit the profile for scum, giving arguments on both sides, commiting to neither and going with what he is handed. I'm not fully over my suspicion on BBmolla but i'm willing to believe that the vote from Red on him as opposed to me, is a decision red had to make, i know my alignment so i know that red was right not to vote me, but what i don't like is that he posted a vote on BBmolla whilst obviously not convinced that he is scum. I'm also a wee bit drunk, so i'll come back to this tomorrow and give the thread and red's responses a good read over.
-=-
Scum 1-1

Quackerz
Quackerz
Townie
Quackerz
Townie
Townie

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:21 am

Post by Quackerz »

Sorry guys, I didn't realize the game started. o.o
However, I'm going out right now, so I'll post a little later tonight.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:38 am

.|Vote count 1|.

Haze-0
BBmolla-2(Redcolbalt, bvoigt)
L-3

Redcolbalt-1(ToastyToast)
SomeRandomGuy-1(Does Bo Know)
kad2361-0
Quackerz-1(SomeRandomGuy)
ToastyToast-0
Does Bo Know-0
bvoigt-0

Not Voting-4(Haze, Kad2361, Quackerz, BBmolla)
With 9 alive it takes 5 votes to lynch

If there are any problems tell me.
#freeShotty
SomeRandomGuy
SomeRandomGuy
Mafia Scum
SomeRandomGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:56 am

Post by SomeRandomGuy »

Right, taking a look at your case on red has left me feeling that it makes quite some sense, Toasty.

Over confidence isn't a scum tell and infact I find it often to be town who will go with that play scum tend to be fairly non commital, which in a sense is what got me into peoples suspicions, my confidence in my reasoning seems to have been what got me out, which is something even redcobalt seems to hint at himself when voting for BBmolla

Random, started scummy, but he has over the posts, kinda like showed me that he is to clean to be scum, he is willing to open up and explain his ideas without holding anything back. I still kinda think your "null"

You described it here as being open red and i want to make it clear that i'm not trying to twist your words, but in essence it was my confidence which spurred my openess yet such confidence in BBmolla seems to be an issue for you?

In all fairness i did say i would manipulate other players (just like i would my grandma) :P but i also stated that in this game i have no reason to and thus wont be - which could have at least been mentioned if you were being thorough red.

Come on in and answer toasty's case he's got some valid points which call for an answer.

FOS: Redcolbalt
-=-
Scum 1-1

kad2361
kad2361
Goon
kad2361
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:48 pm

Post by kad2361 »

Sorry about my entrance, my first game and just jumped in.
I agree with Toasty on red but im still suspicious on BB.
Still going to hold from voting now.
SomeRandomGuy
SomeRandomGuy
Mafia Scum
SomeRandomGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:52 pm

Post by SomeRandomGuy »

kad2361 wrote:Sorry about my entrance, my first game and just jumped in.
I agree with Toasty on red but im still suspicious on BB.
Still going to hold from voting now.

That's alright, we all have to start somewhere, hell I think most of us are still pretty new anyway :)

Have you got any thoughts on the two suspects you've named? Which bits of the cases laid out do you tend to think make them most suspicious, who if anyone do you find trustworthy right now? Have you seen anything which could seem 'scummy' that hasn't been mentioned by anyone else?
-=-
Scum 1-1

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”