Heliman
Heliman
Goon
Heliman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:55 am

Post by Heliman »

Best way to get better is to make as many arguments as you can, even if some fail. Also, if you are ever foggy on the details, you will find your play phenominally better if you brush up on them. Knowing everything that has happened in the game is as important as knowing how to scumhunt. Actually, they're practically one and the same.
Show
WE HOPE YOU CAN FIND PROPER MEDICINAL TREATMENT FOR THESE SICK BURNS
AS THE ONLY PHYSICIAN ON CALL IS RESIDING IN HIS ABODE
IN OTHER WORDS, TO COMPLETE THE ANALOGY
THE DOCTOR IS IN THE HOUSE.
The Aggressive Mafia Forum I came from.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:23 am

Post by xvart »

Giitah - your 721 post was town gold. I knew you were town from that line of thinking that you were pursuing. Thinking abstractly about efficient scumhunting is good, and something scum would not do. I think you did very well considering the circumstances of the late game game state.

I felt pretty bad once I got into the dead thread and the setup was revealed since, while going down in flames, I threw every town member under the bus and cleared the remaining scum. I guess I got caught in a tizzy being the victim of scum lying.

It was a fun game and I am glad I replaced in.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
ace5993
ace5993
Goon
ace5993
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:56 am

Post by ace5993 »

My thoughts:

The were two things that flipped the game in scum's favor imo, one was just plain lucky, the other was more town's fault than anything we did:

1. Unlucky wagons D1.

Pine, DH, and BA all outed Day 1 was not a good start for town. Plus lynching the roleblocker day 1 pretty much tipped the game in our favor right from the start.

2. Poor handling of role claims by town.

Day 3 was just atrocious. If you know through common sense that one of the power roles is lying you don't just follow all the claimed PR's blindly. We were planning to have nintendo lynched that day and I even outlined why nintendo HAD to be scum but xvart was still lynched and we got an extra day. This was absolutely the biggest mistake town made, I honestly did not think we had a hope of winning after foil's gambit but nintendo actually made a really good play here, shifted town's attention away from me, and ended up getting us an extra day and perhaps even more importantly, an extra day + night cycle to forget why the foil situation was important. As insignificant as the day may have seemed, in my opinion town lost the game day 3.

After day 3 of course nintendo had to be lynched, which gave everyone more time to forget about foil. By that time the situation had somehow been twisted and WIFOM'd enough for the foil gambit to be a town tell on me. I have no idea why Valern was lynched but it was fine with me. hiplop and Giitah were arguing a bit during day 4 so I just set up the Giitah case day 4 and let then fight it out day 5. They both had tunnel vision at that point. I could have basically been doing anything in day 5. It's not that they were playing badly it was just the result of a long sequence of events starting in day 3.

As for scum play, foil's gambit was dumb but aside from that we were solid imo.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:15 am

Post by foilist13 »

well that was fun. I was completely thrown by my neighborizer role and what to do with it. Then I figured I'd hit archaebob since he would already have a good read on me and this might be enough to trow him. Mentioning ace was a huge mistake though
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:17 pm

Post by archaebob »

screw ALL of you
"What happened to your eye?"
"Ice pick, 1957. Anymore questions?"
"Just asking, jeez..."
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:27 am

Post by foilist13 »

Clearly you've hurt Archaebob's feelings. You should get him an ice cream.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:48 pm

Post by archaebob »

;)
"What happened to your eye?"
"Ice pick, 1957. Anymore questions?"
"Just asking, jeez..."
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:59 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

fin.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”