WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:17 pm

Post by WeyounsLastClone »

Jahudo wrote:
WeyounsLastClone wrote:Not to beat the 'no lynch' horse (or pony in this case) again, but I really don't get why you would vote No Lynch during random voting stage. If you're not trying to tie yourself to anyone, I think that's more beneficial as scum than town. It's a RVS for a reason.

Vote: TheLonging'

Need to read some other games of chesskid to see if this is how he plays. If so, it's a bit too 'flippant'. (not sure if that's the exact word I'm looking for, but hope you get what I mean).

So why did you vote for TheLonging? Was it a typo, random vote, or do you have a reason?

A miscollection on my part. When entering my post I somehow remembered The Longing as the one who voted 'no lynch', and chesskid as a player with a high-and-mighty attitude who just shoots one-shots. At that point I found the 'no lynch' random vote more suspicious, so voted The Longing, but in the end both behaviors I mentioned in my post were one and the same.

Jahudo wrote:
I don't understand how a random vote ties someone to another person, I never look at random votes later in the game when players have been flipped and its time to look for connections. It has always seemed like an arbitrary move, and the part of it that scum are actively thinking about is how they can blend in given the unique situation of the game whether its focus on an early wagon or mechanics being discussed.

I will admit it's a lot of WIFOM, but the only way I would see someone going for a 'no lynch' vote during RVS is because for some reason they want not to be tied to anyone. Which to me feels as scum, as town would have no reason to not random vote (in my opinion that is). If you don't like a random vote at all, then do not vote at all, but not start voting 'no lynch'.
"I wish you hadn't done that."
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:14 pm

Post by Jahudo »

Okay. It's a concern that you didn't read the thread close enough to see the difference but that also means you wouldn't be cautious scum. I don't think this "slip" is telling.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:19 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

That slip isn't even the issue, Jahudo.

Start bussing or start dying
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:59 pm

Post by Jahudo »

If its not about that then why are you voting? And no I'm not going to vote him and I'm not his buddy and I'm not scum hurr durr.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:01 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Reasons in my post (finds TL and me both scummy = wtfdie) + Inhim raises good points as well.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:16 pm

Post by Equinox »

All right, y'all, I apologize for the size of this thing, but a pony's gotta do what a pony's gotta do, and this is more than just waterin' apple trees.

Happy birthday, chesskid3!

Espeonage is callin' chesskid3 and me town fairly quickly. I know some folks like to do that sort of thing, but I sure as sugar gonna keep an eye on this fella and make sure he doesn't get too close to my farm without someone comin' with.

TheLonging wrote:Because NL's decrease the town's chances of hitting scum.

Sayin' this made Apple Bloom cry.

You wouldn't want her cryin', would you?

In post [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3136685#p3136685]46[/url], Maziek wrote:which didn't leave me feeling well because town has no reason not to explain their thoughts or motives

It's a pleasure makin' your acquaintance, Maziek! I'm 'fraid I'll have to disagree with you here. Sometimes not makin' the reasons behind a move obvious makes those with discord in their hearts squirm tryin' to figure out what it's all about. Not only is it right amusin' when this happens, it's also helpful to figure out when someone's reactin' genuinely and when someone's not.

Now that's your piece of unsolicited Mafia advice for the day.

I'm thinkin' of invitin' chesskid3 and hohum to dinner with the Apple family. What do y'all think of that? You'll get to meet my dear ol' Granny Smith, of course. Jahudo and Espeonage I'll send to the Evertree Forest for a little... errand of sorts.

inHimshallibe, how 'bout you and I go to a Ponyville cafe and have a drink? I happen to like your sense of humor and I reckon you'll be a nice pony to be friends with.

Gammagooey wrote:Vote: Maziek

Gammagooey, do you know what they're sayin' 'bout banelin' things on our farms? It's not very nice, the things they've been sayin' 'bout them...

chesskid3, we need to sit down and have a chat. Not the kind I wanna have with inHimshallibe, though, ya see... I don't agree with your Maziek vote there, ya know?

Howdy, Jahudo! Would you like to tell me if there was a game or somethin' where you didn't place a random vote? A link would be pretty cool.

Also, Jahudo, who d'ya reckon's the scum?

Espeonage wrote:Softclaiming as a bold move. Regardless of how easy it is. Are you saying that that wasn't a softclaim?

Makin' a character claim doesn't present to me no sort of risk if I were scum, so it's not really a bold move or nothin'. Why're you askin' me if this is a softclaim, though? I s'pose you should be workin' that out yourself.

Maziek wrote:
Since I'm newer,
I'm not going to put chesskid on the side just because you all expect him to play like this.

What's this now?

Maziek can join that dinner, too, I reckon. He doesn't sound like he's part of the forces of disharmony. To answer your ponderin', Maziek, I like to have fun in my games, and that sure includes roleplayin' when I can.

Though, Maziek and WeyounsLastClone, I'm pretty sure chesskid3 is town. He's hittin' his town tells rather than his scum tells. Granted, I've experience with him before...

WeyounsLastClone wrote:I really don't get why you would vote No Lynch during random voting stage.

WeyounsLastClone wrote:If you're not trying to tie yourself to anyone, I think that's more beneficial as scum than town.

WeyounsLastClone wrote:Vote: TheLonging'

No.

I see all the other pones touched on this already. I s'pose I can buy WeyounsLastClone simply makin' an attribution error, but I'd like to know why that's all he said 'bout a 5-page game.

All right, lemme think 'bout this and make a separate post with where I stand and everythin'.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:22 pm

Post by Equinox »

Dinner with the Apple Family
(town)

chesskid3
inHimshallibe
Maziek
hohum

Paintin' the Fence 'Round the Farm
(null)

TheLonging
Mina (no read, true null)

Summoned to the Ponyville Square for Questionin'
(lurkers)

Fluttershy
MehPlusRawr

Apples Ain't Really Fresh
(lingering in that sweet spot between null and scum)

Gammagooey
WeyounsLastClone

Errands in Evertree Forest
(scum)

Espeonage
Jahudo

Vote: Espeonage
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:48 pm

Post by Equinox »

Actually, thinkin' 'bout it, I wanna have some fun.

Unvote, Vote: WeyounsLastClone
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:36 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

hmm. So Maz is oddMcWeirdenstein but it's not a BAD weird.
Weyouns isn't a bad murder but I'd rather go Jahudo. Him poking at everyone else's suspicions while not even voting himself is giving me serious twitches.
Whereas Wey is scummy but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was town who just pulled a stupid.
Unvote, Vote:Jahudo
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:40 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

also MehPlusRawr is in this game what?
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:48 pm

Post by Jahudo »

I don't have any scum reads, and I don't vote just when I have a concern because something isn't clear. So far when that's happened I think the answer's I've heard have been satisfactory. So I have town and null reads only.

No, I don't think I've ever chosen to not make a random vote. And I've never heard of doing it / not doing it as an alignment tell, I'm sure of that because it sounds so ridiculous to me I would have remembered it. So my only thought was "meh, I'll skip random vote stage"
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:46 pm

Post by Twilight Sparkle »

Vote Count #4

WeyounsLastClone:
inHimshallibe, chesskid3, TheLonging, Equinox (L-3)
chesskid3:
Fluttershy,
TheLonging
, Maziek, WeyounsLastClone
Jahudo:
Espeonage, Gammagooey
TheLonging:
hohum,
WeyounsLastClone

inHimshallibe:
Mina
MehPlusRawr:
WeyounsLastClone

Espeonage:
Equinox

Maziek:
Gammagooey
chesskid3

Not Voting:
Jahudo,
Maziek
, MehPlusRawr,
inHimshallibe
Equinox

Day One Deadline(expired on 2011-06-30 03:00:00)

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

MehPlusRawr has been prodded.

It's my birthday so you're probably not getting another VC today.
Last edited by Twilight Sparkle on Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twilight Sparkle is a majestic pony union of hitogoroshi, Mina, and Sotty7.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:42 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Unvote, Vote: The Longing

Something feels wrong about the WLC wagon. Last game I was in with him scum tried to push his wagon every day when he wasn't really overly scummy and every day they failed. And he was town. This feels very similar.

TL is the only one on there that is in my completely null pool. All the others I have town to slight town reads on.
Don't @ me.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:31 am

Equinox wrote:Actually, thinkin' 'bout it, I wanna have some fun.

Unvote, Vote: WeyounsLastClone

What exactly would constitute the fun part? Any specific reason you're not voting for someone in your 'scum' category, but in the 'lingering between null and scum'?

@Jahudo, at this point you should have people you find more scummy than others. You're the only one not voting next to MehPlusRawr (who hasn't posted yet, but seemed to post in another game at least yesterday). Could you please do so, because I think day 1 the most useful information we can gather is how wagons evolve and devolve.
WeyounsLastClone
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
WeyounsLastClone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:35 am

oh, and there should be a smiley after the first question :-)
The second question is serious though.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:34 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Espeonage wrote:
Unvote, Vote: The Longing

Something feels wrong about the WLC wagon. Last game I was in with him scum tried to push his wagon every day when he wasn't really overly scummy and every day they failed. And he was town. This feels very similar.

TL is the only one on there that is in my completely null pool. All the others I have town to slight town reads on.

So, off the record here, you don't think WLC's post/vote leading to his wagon weren't "really overly scummy"? Could you explain your thought process on that?
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:13 am

Post by Equinox »

Happy birthday, hitogoroshi!

Gammagooey's bein' more rambly than usual, I reckon.

Jahudo wrote:I don't have any scum reads, and I don't vote just when I have a concern because something isn't clear. So far when that's happened I think the answer's I've heard have been satisfactory. So I have town and null reads only.

Espeonage wrote:Something feels wrong about the WLC wagon. Last game I was in with him scum tried to push his wagon every day when he wasn't really overly scummy and every day they failed. And he was town. This feels very similar.

Are you already assumin' WeyounsLastClone is town there, bud? 'cause this sounds awfully like it...

WeyounsLastClone wrote:What exactly would constitute the fun part? Any specific reason you're not voting for someone in your 'scum' category, but in the 'lingering between null and scum'?

Blatant bandwagonin'. Also, you still haven't looked at more recent pages and that's somethin' I'm still lookin' to see from ya.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:41 am

Post by Jahudo »

I disagree with the WLC case. He never said TheLonging looked scummy, only that the “no lynch vote” was scummy so he isn’t actually keeping thelonging as a potential vote switch. The mix-up doesn’t make him look like scum because I would think scum are more focused on getting their facts straight than drawing conclusions from actions. And not talking about other subjects is pretty null because we don’t know who has enough time to far to read everything.

I disagree with the chesskid case. The no lynch vote was a joke and his playstyle is not scummy. I don’t think this “appeal to ridicule” is a useful tell, I’ve seen plenty of people try to get under other people’s skin for reactions and that’s how I read this interaction. Although I do wonder how he’s going to deal with Maziek in the future.

I disagree with TheLonging case. Early on it looked like he was trying to take a small point over the no lynch joke and just use it to get us out of the RVS. It looked more about getting answers than condemning chess so I think that looked okay. Then it changed because he thought chess was being defensive while having a 3 person wagon on him (seems like semantics when you say what constitutes a wagon and if one should put hohum’s vote conditionally in or out depending on the reasoning others had). I get where TheLonging sees that defensiveness but I don’t interpret it that way. Actually I think both players were just trying to read each other and now it may look like they think the other is confused/dumb town.

And I’m looking at everybody else but not seeing anything that stands out yet as anti-town or looks like it has an ulterior motive that would benefit a scum goal. I will vote when I'm ready to say someone looks like scum but not on any hunch or pressure wagon, etc.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:55 am

Post by Equinox »

You're one of them "reactive" folks who don't vote until you're sure as punch, then? That's really annoying.

Since ya don't seem to know who's scum, who's null? If ya disagree with the pushes on WeyounsLastClone, chesskid3, and TheLonging, do ya reckon there's scum who pushed those wagons? Given the current game situation we're in, what do ya think the scum are doin'? (That ain't a sarcastic question; my postin' style might make it come off that way.)
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:29 am

Post by Equinox »

I'm gonna go with somethin' here.

Unvote, Vote: Gammagooey

Now I'mma let that stew for a bit, mainly 'cause I'm runnin' late and need to go and I'm probably too lazy to think up a reason for why I'm movin' here. Let's just go with gut, it's an easy thin' to say when one doesn't have an actual reason for a vote.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:51 am

Post by Jahudo »

With the WLC wagon, I can understand why people will pressure someone who is not reading closely. You want to make sure they are putting time and effort into this game and not coasting. I can see how it leads to anti-town behavior but not scummy per say.

For chesskid's wagon, I'm not surprised people would jump on someone who votes no lynch because that's one of those policy things that keep getting brought up along with self-voting during random stage.

I think scum follow the crowd early game because its easier to do that when there aren't dozens of small details to take sides on. There could also easily be 1 scum in {Fluttershy, MehPlusKatsuki, Mina} who haven't made as much or any impression yet. That doesn't mean they should have pressure votes though. Fluttershy and Mina are V/LA, no need to pressure there. Meh will get prodded by the mod when the time comes.
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:39 am

Post by TheLonging »

Espeonage wrote:TL is the only one on there that is in my completely null pool. All the others I have town to slight town reads on.

Sorry going to stick my head in the frame here.

So you are voting for me not because I'm scum but because I'm null? Why am I null?
Show
Town:
0-1 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Scum:
0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
3rd Party:
0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Overall: 0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)

Thestatusquo - and that, ladies and gentlemen, was trolling.
cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
Maziek
Maziek
Townie
Maziek
Townie
Townie

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:10 am

Post by Maziek »

WeyounsLastClone wrote:@Maziek, why did you skip inhimishallbe in your reads?

I didn't notice I did until it was pointed out. After it was pointed out, I gave my read on him.
League: Doomsyplusle
osu!: Dooms

Pokemon Nuzlocker, Smash Bros. competitive player, and Fire Emblem: Awakening lover~
Maziek
Maziek
Townie
Maziek
Townie
Townie

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:33 am

Post by Maziek »

Equinox wrote:All right, y'all, I apologize for the size of this thing, but a pony's gotta do what a pony's gotta do, and this is more than just waterin' apple trees.

Happy birthday, chesskid3!

Espeonage is callin' chesskid3 and me town fairly quickly. I know some folks like to do that sort of thing, but I sure as sugar gonna keep an eye on this fella and make sure he doesn't get too close to my farm without someone comin' with.

TheLonging wrote:Because NL's decrease the town's chances of hitting scum.

Sayin' this made Apple Bloom cry.

You wouldn't want her cryin', would you?

In post [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=3136685#p3136685]46[/url], Maziek wrote:which didn't leave me feeling well because town has no reason not to explain their thoughts or motives

It's a pleasure makin' your acquaintance, Maziek! I'm 'fraid I'll have to disagree with you here. Sometimes not makin' the reasons behind a move obvious makes those with discord in their hearts squirm tryin' to figure out what it's all about. Not only is it right amusin' when this happens, it's also helpful to figure out when someone's reactin' genuinely and when someone's not.

Now that's your piece of unsolicited Mafia advice for the day.

I'm thinkin' of invitin' chesskid3 and hohum to dinner with the Apple family. What do y'all think of that? You'll get to meet my dear ol' Granny Smith, of course. Jahudo and Espeonage I'll send to the Evertree Forest for a little... errand of sorts.

inHimshallibe, how 'bout you and I go to a Ponyville cafe and have a drink? I happen to like your sense of humor and I reckon you'll be a nice pony to be friends with.

Gammagooey wrote:Vote: Maziek

Gammagooey, do you know what they're sayin' 'bout banelin' things on our farms? It's not very nice, the things they've been sayin' 'bout them...

chesskid3, we need to sit down and have a chat. Not the kind I wanna have with inHimshallibe, though, ya see... I don't agree with your Maziek vote there, ya know?

Howdy, Jahudo! Would you like to tell me if there was a game or somethin' where you didn't place a random vote? A link would be pretty cool.

Also, Jahudo, who d'ya reckon's the scum?

Espeonage wrote:Softclaiming as a bold move. Regardless of how easy it is. Are you saying that that wasn't a softclaim?

Makin' a character claim doesn't present to me no sort of risk if I were scum, so it's not really a bold move or nothin'. Why're you askin' me if this is a softclaim, though? I s'pose you should be workin' that out yourself.

Maziek wrote:
Since I'm newer,
I'm not going to put chesskid on the side just because you all expect him to play like this.

What's this now?

Maziek can join that dinner, too, I reckon. He doesn't sound like he's part of the forces of disharmony. To answer your ponderin', Maziek, I like to have fun in my games, and that sure includes roleplayin' when I can.

Though, Maziek and WeyounsLastClone, I'm pretty sure chesskid3 is town. He's hittin' his town tells rather than his scum tells. Granted, I've experience with him before...

WeyounsLastClone wrote:I really don't get why you would vote No Lynch during random voting stage.

WeyounsLastClone wrote:If you're not trying to tie yourself to anyone, I think that's more beneficial as scum than town.

WeyounsLastClone wrote:Vote: TheLonging'

No.

I see all the other pones touched on this already. I s'pose I can buy WeyounsLastClone simply makin' an attribution error, but I'd like to know why that's all he said 'bout a 5-page game.

All right, lemme think 'bout this and make a separate post with where I stand and everythin'.

Why hello there! ^_^!

Okay, I guess that makes sense. Nice to know. But I still don't agree with Chess hiding his reasons behind voting No lynch, even if its obvious. I also don't agree with him not addressing one of the bigger points in TL's reasoning against him and going with the old, outdated reasoning instead.

What I meant by my newer statement is that I don't have meta on him, nor do I want to put him as town based on what other people say about his meta.

Fun is absolutely necessary and understandable!
League: Doomsyplusle
osu!: Dooms

Pokemon Nuzlocker, Smash Bros. competitive player, and Fire Emblem: Awakening lover~
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:55 am

Post by hohum »

If I had to chose between TheLonging, Weyouns and Espeonage right now my choice would be Espeonage.

Unvote, Vote, Espeonage

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”