Neon Genesis Evangelion Mafia (Game Over)

StevieT92
StevieT92
Goon
StevieT92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:22 pm

Post by StevieT92 »

GreyICE wrote:Come on, wagon scum to lynch by page 4.

Do it. DO IT

Town gains nothing by rushing for a quick lynch. Also you really haven't offered any significant criticisms of Kast, besides your sarcastic responses and posting about how much you want him lynched.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:32 pm

Post by Kast »

@Candlejack-
Why on earth would people assume that GreyICE's allcaps "no, of course not" with that phrasing was anything other than a sarcastic response to Kast? Seriously, all it's missing is the "here's your sign" afterwards.
You're assuming his claim is true. If his claim was a joke, then he could easily have posted an upset/nonsensical drivel like he did in response to a perceived attack. If you need it broken down further, the second and third sentence specifically have no relevance to my actual post since I had not implied any doubt or believe that his claim was a "fake claim" but rather I had explicitly contrasted the two possibilities of GreyIce claiming seriously against GreyIce joking (let me know if you need the difference between a joke and an actual false claim explained).

You're saying that claiming Miller on Day 1 is anti-town?
Don't play stupid please. GreyIce's claim is equivalent to stating "Hey scum, don't kill me and I'll protect you from getting watched or tracked". It's VERY different from a simple miller claim. Secondly, millers coming out D1 and claiming to be a miller is hardly an optimum play; much less so in a large game, though it's value rises with the chance of the miller getting investigated.

You're avoiding the point I actually made; since GreyIce is making an unprompted partial claim, he should include the relevant info for his claim which helps town without similarly helping scum.
I'm also not seeing how you get a "flip out" from GreyICE's play. Looks like scum misrepresentation to me.
Pretty simple. GreyICE responded to simple questions by posting a hostile, all-caps, overblown response to in imagined fishing(?) attempt, placing an OMGUS vote for that perceived but unreal "attack", and posting unhappy/frustrated gibberish.

Explain how any of his post is relevant. Since you want to talk about it, how about also address the issue of GreyIce avoiding the questions.

when I could just pressure her and let her dig a hole with her reactions
Your pressure does nothing of this sort, so please don't mention irrelevant points as if they are valid defense.
shutting down anti-town speculation.
This is fine if it was your purpose. It doesn't need a vote or encouragement for others to similarly vote. It also would suggest you cared to explain how Amrun's post could lead to the doomsday scenario you keep pushing; unfortunately you did not and still are not doing so.

Telling us that town being distracted by cult speculation is bad DOES NOT EQUAL explaining how Amrun's post leads to that bad outcome or could even remotely lead to that.
there was a time not all that far back when joking was a fairly reliable scumtell
This is ridiculous. If there was a time when you considered that a reliable tell, it just shows you were playing with bad assumptions.
And why the hell WOULDN'T I assume cult speculation when Amrun failed to make it clear that her reasoning was due to Starbuck's past actions as cult when she first posted?
Because only an idiot would claim that saying the word cult is equivalent to cult speculation. I'm asking you why the hell you assume cult speculation when there is NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER of any cult speculation. You're jumping from A to C and completely ignoring B. When asked to show B, you're just harping on C being so bad that you don't have to bother with B.

@Steve-
RNG generally stands for random number generator meaning the vote was a random vote.
Why did you choose to claim D1 being completely unprompted? Not that this is necessarily a scum tell I simply don't get your motivation.
Why did you claim your role power without claiming what character you were?
GreyIce can answer the first one, but as for the second, claiming his name would be unnecessary except if people doubted his claim and needed the name claim to justify flavor. He really doesn't need to share that.

On the other hand, sharing aspects of how his restriction affects investigative roles has important impacts on what those roles can conclude from investigation results. It also significantly helps us in evaluating future claims and determining what happened late in the game. Sharing this information openly, instead of forcing it to be painfully extracted also helps out potential investigators without forcing them to reveal themselves and seek clarifications.
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:41 pm

Post by Amrun »

VOTE: Lobster

I reallly don't like the weak FoS and the pointing out of scummy things while staying with an RVS vote.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:46 pm

Post by Kdub »

Day 1 - Vote Count #3

Amrun (2)
- animorpherv1, StevieT92
Kawaii (0)
-
GreyICE (0)
-
Antifinity (0)
-
Candle Jack (1)
- malthusis
C-Worl (0)
-
kanyeknowsbest (0)
-
Nocmen (0)
-
Surye (0)
-
Celebloki (1)
- Pomegranate
malthusis (0)
-
Starbuck (0)
-
ace5993 (1)
- drewoftherushes
drewoftherushes (1)
- Celebloki
ZeL1nK (0)
-
StevieT92 (0)
-
GhostWriter (0)
-
SpyreX (0)
-
Kast (4)
- GreyICE, Nocmen, Candle Jack, ace5993
vollkan (0)
-
Pomegranate (1)
- LobsterCatapult
LobsterCatapult (1)
- Amrun
animorpherv1 (2)
- Antifinity, Starbuck
No Lynch (0)
-
Not Voting (9)
- Kawaii, C-Worl, kanyeknowsbest, Surye, ZeL1nK, GhostWriter, SpyreX, Kast, vollkan

23 votes available, 12 votes needed to lynch

Deadline is July 18, ~ 10 am PDT
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:05 pm

Post by GreyICE »

StevieT92 wrote:
GreyICE wrote:Come on, wagon scum to lynch by page 4.

Do it. DO IT

Town gains nothing by rushing for a quick lynch. Also you really haven't offered any significant criticisms of Kast, besides your sarcastic responses and posting about how much you want him lynched.

Town gains a lot from scum knowing that we don't have to sit around dragging our feet all day because it's really town to foot drag on lynching scum.

I love fast wagons, I love scum wagons, I love the uncertainty. Two of my favorite wagons both occurred in under six hours on day 1.

Kast posts suck. This is a good reason to lynch.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:08 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Also, how many games have you played before Stevie? Legit question, because I'm curious as to you knowing what you do to people who are tracked or watched targeting a night kill. Watched really makes it a 'throw in the towel' on me trying to just play super town and get night killed fast as I can be town enough not to get copped/tracked but I can't dodge a watcher.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:12 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Not liking Ace's vote on Kast, nor the majority of his posts. Seems like an easy way for him as scum to sneak onto a wagon.

Amrun: WHy don't you like the cast on Kast?

@Kast: There's a difference between posting fluff and posting reads. Votes don't always need to happen, but I will go after someone for not posting any reads, making it too easy for scum to get away with that. Also, you seem very against Grey's claim, and if you are...why aren't you voting him?

I'm ignoring all the bickering about previous games. I don't want to bring them into it and deal with that crap.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:16 pm

Post by Amrun »

Kast's posts seem pretty reasonable to me and I don't see what all the fuss is about.

Nice pun, though.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:38 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Amrun wrote:Kast's posts seem pretty reasonable to me and I don't see what all the fuss is about.

Nice pun, though.

Why do you think his posts are townlike? He hasn't given much reads, aside from calling Grey a VI. Besides that, I find much of his posts hypocritical and overreacting about discussion on previous games and the claim.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:53 pm

Post by SpyreX »

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 1#p3146851

Ever have one of those posts you absolutely can't quantify WHY but it just reeks scummy?

Yea, this is one of those posts. I look at it and I gnash at the screen and I cant even begin to explain it.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:01 pm

Post by Nocmen »

SpyreX wrote:http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 1#p3146851

Ever have one of those posts you absolutely can't quantify WHY but it just reeks scummy?

Yea, this is one of those posts. I look at it and I gnash at the screen and I cant even begin to explain it.

I want to see a few responses to other issues and then I'll decide if I want to agree with you or not.
ZeL1nK
ZeL1nK
Goon
ZeL1nK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:37 pm

Post by ZeL1nK »

VOTE: Pomegranate

Her #41 gave me all sorts of scummy vibes.

--

@GI

Any specific reason you aren't answering the questions people are asking about your role?

--

@spyrex,

spyrex wrote:viewtopic.php?p=3146851#p3146851

This line perhaps:
I'm not getting a really scummy read of Kast, but I don't think the wagon is completely unfounded, however I wouldn't like it to see it get out of hand.

So much fence-sitting packed into a single sentence. Especially the "
really
scummy" part. The first paragraph of that post wasn't much better, either.
Antifinity
Antifinity
Goon
Antifinity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:57 pm

Post by Antifinity »

StevieT92 wrote:
What is a RNG? never heard that term before or maybe i am rusty.

RNG. I used a random number generator for my first vote because I was in a hurry.
I'm convinced this cult-wagon-thing is nuts, and everyone involved is crazy.
The miller thing is more serious, and for flavor reasons, I'm inclined to believe it.
I'm going to put my less random vote on Candle Jack, for caring far too much
vote: Candle Jack
ace5993
ace5993
Goon
ace5993
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:30 pm

Post by ace5993 »

Kast wrote:@Candlejack-
Why on earth would people assume that GreyICE's allcaps "no, of course not" with that phrasing was anything other than a sarcastic response to Kast? Seriously, all it's missing is the "here's your sign" afterwards.
You're assuming his claim is true. If his claim was a joke, then he could easily have posted an upset/nonsensical drivel like he did in response to a perceived attack. If you need it broken down further, the second and third sentence specifically have no relevance to my actual post since
I had not implied any doubt or believe that his claim was a "fake claim"
but rather
I had explicitly contrasted the two possibilities of GreyIce claiming seriously against GreyIce joking
(let me know if you need the difference between a joke and an actual false claim explained).

If you believed the statement in bold why did you feel the need to do the italic statement. Also the bold statement is a lie:

@GreyIce-
Please clarify if your claim is serious.

And I can't find where you explicitly contrasted anything.

StevieT92 wrote:I'm not getting a really scummy read of Kast, but I don't think the wagon is completely unfounded, however I wouldn't like it to see it get out of hand.

"I don't think Kast is scummy, but I'll agree to a wagon on him, so long as it doesn't get so big that I have to actually make a stand".... yep

SpyreX is no longer scummy, just an unusual playstyle.
Last edited by Kdub on Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
ace5993
ace5993
Goon
ace5993
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:32 pm

Post by ace5993 »

Mod: Would you mind fixing those tags in the post right above? Sorry :/

Fixed.
Last edited by Kdub on Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:12 pm

Post by vollkan »

First off, to get my standard "How I Play" PSA out of the way: I rank my suspects from 0 (absolutely town) - 100 (absolutely scum). Everybody starts at 50. Because I don't believe in towntells and am skeptical about most scumtells, it is common for people to stay at 50. 50 does not mean "no opinion" - it means "I don't see scumtells" from this person. Absent claims, need for deadline compromises, etc. I will always vote the person with the highest score.

9: Null for GICE's miller claim
16:
CJ+5
CJ says "Really don't like this post. He's not *doing* anything." I fail to see how drew gets an FoS for not "doing anything" in one of the first posts. RVS gives a lot of leeway for weak arguments, but pulling out IIoA on the first page is just ridiculous.
21:
Ace+5
for similar reasons. Drawing distinctions between the levels of activity of the, like, four people who posted early p 1. See SpyreX's 36 for a more comprehensive takedown of this.
43: The Amrun v Starbuck thing is stupid.
53: @Amrun: can you clarify what is non-committal about Pom's post? (I assume you mean #41)
59: Kast v CJ (in 67) is null for both. Kast is right that the cult speculation isn't inherently scummy, but CJ is hardly in the wrong for pushing it as an early-game argument.
74: Okay...
Stevie+7
. 3 reasons: First is him spinning Amrun's cult meta reference post into some sort of conspiracy to derail the game. Amrun's actions are null based on his explanation; ill-thought-out perhaps, but painting it as scummy requires reaching for a motive. Second is his attack on Amrun for not contributing enough - same reasons as for the previous two, it's an easy and lazy attack to make D1, and in this case it also serves as padding. Finally, his stance on Kast's wagon - neutrality is fine (in the sense of "I don't think Kast is scummy, but I also don't think those attacking him are either") but Kast's is subtly, and significantly, different from this - he never gives any direct reasoning for his own stance on Kast, but also says he doesn't "think the wagon is completely unfounded" (double negative = passive), and then says "I wouldn't like it to see it get out of hand". In other words, he's avoiding giving any substantial explanation of why he doesn't (as he claims) suspect Kast, but also offers tacit support to the wagon, with the too-townie proviso that he doesn't want it to get out of hand.
86: What "scummy vibes" from Pom?

Vote: Stevie
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:29 am

Post by GreyICE »

See you're town in this game vollkan. You is easy to reads
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:24 am

Post by Pomegranate »

GreyICE wrote:Kast posts suck. This is a good reason to lynch.

GI's posts suck, considering he isn't answering valid questions, and he's criticizing Kast, who is making sense and stuff. GI continuously avoids/brushes off legitimate questions.

VOTE: GreyICE.

And a strong
FoS
goes out to
Stevie
, mainly for his acutely wishy-washy sentence regarding Kast. If you don't find Kast scummy then you don't think the wagon has a base; if you the wagon has a base then Kast is scummy. Also, if it's not 'completely unfounded', then what, in your opinion is it founded on? To top it off, the 'I wouldn't like it to see it get out of hand' seems to come to remedy the lack of sense made in the sentence, yet it does simply the opposite. No idea what's going on with this.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:39 am

Post by GreyICE »

FOS scum, vote town, really?

Aren't you like better than that?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
drewoftherushes
drewoftherushes
Goon
drewoftherushes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:36 am

Post by drewoftherushes »

vollkan wrote:
16:
CJ+5
CJ says "Really don't like this post. He's not *doing* anything." I fail to see how drew gets an FoS for not "doing anything" in one of the first posts. RVS gives a lot of leeway for weak arguments, but pulling out IIoA on the first page is just ridiculous.

This.

StevieT92 wrote:
Why did you choose to claim D1 being completely unprompted? Not that this is necessarily a scum tell I simply don't get your motivation.
Why did you claim your role power without claiming what character you were?
Steve

Does your power ALSO prevent a watcher from seeing the ACTUAL culprit? Would your ability false track to protected and/or kill immune targets (ie. failed kill attempts)?

GI, could you answer these questions about your claim? If not, could you at least acknowledge that you don't want to answer those questions for a particular reason?
drewoftherushes
drewoftherushes
Goon
drewoftherushes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:37 am

Also, UNVOTE: ace
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:47 am

Post by GreyICE »

Those questions are stupid. I specifically track/watch on night kills. If someone isn't KILLED at night, why would I watch/track to them?

As for roleblocking all watchers by inserting my name, NO. Why the FUCK wouldn't I mention that if I did THAT?!? I fucking just show up on the list of people. If it's me+1, then +1 is scum. If it's just me, lynch me and you'll have a confirmed Mafia Ninja and/or confirmed scum fakeclaiming.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
drewoftherushes
drewoftherushes
Goon
drewoftherushes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:49 am

Cool, thanks.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:53 am

Post by GreyICE »

Antifinity wrote:
StevieT92 wrote:
What is a RNG? never heard that term before or maybe i am rusty.

RNG. I used a random number generator for my first vote because I was in a hurry.
I'm convinced this cult-wagon-thing is nuts, and everyone involved is crazy.
The miller thing is more serious, and for flavor reasons, I'm inclined to believe it.
I'm going to put my less random vote on Candle Jack, for caring far too much
vote: Candle Jack

Candle Jack is my mason buddy. I get mad when you vote for my mason buddies. Who would you say is floating on the sidelines and needs serious pressure?

PEdit: Drew those questions were still noise designed to look town, they were stupid as SIN.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
drewoftherushes
drewoftherushes
Goon
drewoftherushes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:56 am

I think the one about whether a watcher would see both you and the actual culprit was legit. I was also just giving you a chance to look town in regard to those questions because I have a town read on you right now.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”