RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:55 am

Post by RayFrost »

After talking with a trustworthy, neutral third party, I have decided to scrap the game. Many apologies to the players for my error, but the mistake I made (apokalpytika not dying n1) has screwed up the game. I don't think that remaking the game would be any good due to at leat one of the player having left the site and etc. Again, really sorry. This is my bad.

Shortlist of the roles:

Quacks: Pops, Empking, Apok

Scum: Izak, glowball, jilynne

Doctors: The rest of you

Night action shortlist:

N0:

Iceguy targets Jilynne
zMuffinMan targets Jilynne
DonJosh targets Popsofctown
Sathoris targets Izak
Uncle Pain targets Empking
Popsofctown targets Empking
Empking targets Popsofctown
Apokalyptika targets LittleGrey
LittleGrey does not action
Mafia kills zmuffinman

N1:

Iceguy targets Sathoris
Sathoris targets Popsofctown
Uncle Pain targets izakthegoomba
Popsofctown targets Apokalyptika
Empking targets Sathoris
Apokalyptika targets Jilynne
Mafia does not kill

N2:

Iceguy targets Apokalyptika
Sathoris targets Uncle Pain
Uncle Pain targets Popsofctown
Popsofctown targets Iceguy
Apokalyptika targets izakthegoomba
Mafia kills Sathoris

The reason for my nullifying quack actions is the fact doing otherwise would have given scum the win (pops kills iceguy, 4 alive, gg). This was the best non-ending-the-game solution that I could come up with, but it really isn't that great either. I'm really sorry about my poor modding.
don't you feel silly now?
Sathoris
Sathoris
Goon
Sathoris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:47 am

Post by Sathoris »

RayFrost wrote:
Scum: Izak, glowball, jilynne

No suprise there ;)

Sorry the game had to end due to mod error. Enjoyed the setup and game nonetheless!
Uncle Pain
Uncle Pain
Goon
Uncle Pain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:17 am

Post by Uncle Pain »

It’s a pity the game had to end like this, I had great fun and will definitely play another Quack Mafia sometime.

Regarding the game itself, I think we worked together pretty well. I was totally motivated to continue my process of possibility elimination, I built a supportive spreadsheet and made notes. Maybe I’ll even semi-automate this stuff sometime. The numbers I got led me to back off of my positive read on izakthegoomba, I was totally about to go for his lynch on Day 3. On the other hand, Sathoris would also have been a major suspect for me, which turned out wrong now. I guess my scumdar could need some fine tuning. ^^

I wonder though, why didn’t the Mafia kill someone on Night 1?
Sathoris
Sathoris
Goon
Sathoris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:25 am

Post by Sathoris »

Pretty sure that's when Empking died so he mustve been a mafia target.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:26 am

Post by RayFrost »

RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:27 am

Post by RayFrost »

Sathoris wrote:Pretty sure that's when Empking died so he mustve been a mafia target.

Oh. That must be how I got it wrong. I made pops targeting empking instead of his correct target.... Yay.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:35 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

I'm not sure why it wasn't obvious that the modkill on apok was because he should have died N1. Posted the logic that should have been used in the dead qt.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:21 am

Post by IceGuy »

RayFrost wrote:
The reason for my nullifying quack actions is the fact doing otherwise would have given scum the win (pops kills iceguy, 4 alive, gg). This was the best non-ending-the-game solution that I could come up with, but it really isn't that great either. I'm really sorry about my poor modding.

You're not a bad mod. You just made a small mistake (understandable, with so many night actions floating around...) and were unlucky enough that it turned out to be a game-breaking mistake.

I don't think that remaking the game would be any good due to at leat one of the player having left the site and etc.

I would
definitely
play this game again. Just talk to the list mod, get replacements for jilynne and littlegrey and we're set.

I'd prefer D1 to not start before Saturday CET, though.
Uncle Pain
Uncle Pain
Goon
Uncle Pain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:33 am

Post by Uncle Pain »

I’d be in again as well but I’ll be V/LA for the whole first August week, which would basically keep me away from most of Day 1. Not good.

Having read the scum QuickTopic, I must admit that the planned Day 3 gambits were very audacious. I don’t think they would have worked.
I still don’t understand why scum didn’t kill anyone on Night 1 – trying to get more information seems less straight way towards the win condition than killing as many as possible. I feel flattered for being a major scum target, though. :)
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:48 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

I'd be in, I think I could improve on my performance in this game. I didn't do too well.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
DonJosh
DonJosh
Mafia Scum
DonJosh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:48 am

Post by DonJosh »

zMuffinMan wrote:I'd be in, I think I could improve on my performance in this game. I didn't do too well.
Newbie 1197 is in Day 2 and requires
replacements.

Looking for a hydra. PM me if interested.
GTKDJ|wiki|Pre-ins|Newbie 1197
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:38 pm

Post by RayFrost »

If most of the players would like me to restart the game, I'll talk with the list mod about it.
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:50 pm

Post by glowball »

zMuffinMan wrote:I'm not sure why it wasn't obvious that the modkill on apok was because he should have died N1. Posted the logic that should have been used in the dead qt.

uM...i SAID THAT!

I am pretty disappointed Izak and myself didn't get to go crazy with our lylo plan...whatevs.

Muffin was killed Night 0 because we figured that the players with the most experience time wise would have been protected and that Muffin was least likely to be protected and therefore be a successful kill.

As far the game play, I think you guys were great. No offense to jily but I would have loved a more dedicated scumteam. I mean we got her to L-1 immediately and she didn't come in to self-hammer. All of that planning time that they had really crippled us. I will say that planning wise, you guys are lucky that the scumteam was basically newbies because it seems like all the plans were slanted towards our sacrifice for the team whether we were scum or town no one really cared about whether or not we died. :D
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:33 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

Was talking more to the townies that were saying there wasn't enough information.
Sathoris
Sathoris
Goon
Sathoris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:34 pm

Post by Sathoris »

If this game is restarting I wont be avaliable until after the 18th of August.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:59 pm

Post by RayFrost »

I talked with farside, and it's possible for me to restart the game, I'd just need to get replacements for the missing player slots. I don't think I'll restart it immediately, considering that many of you guys are going on V/LA for a while.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:33 am

Post by popsofctown »

I don't think I want to join in on a restart of this game. Playing this as town was fun, but I'm not sure I'd enjoy playing mafia. At worst it's town sided, at best mafia has to play very smart to have regular chances of winning.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:41 am

Post by glowball »

Also, I think it would be hard for people to rid themselves of their preconceived notions about this game. It gives everyone an upfront advantage to planning...
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:50 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Back from my V/LA.

I loathed this game with a purple passion. Not because of the mod, or his error. Not because of the players, or even my own play. Because of the setup. I've wanted to draw scum right since I joined the site, but when I finally do, the game is broken towards town. So I will not play in a restarted game, whatever role I might draw. This setup needs fixing.

[/rant]

glow, this game sucked, but you did a good job. IMO your bussing was spot on.
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:55 am

Post by Hoopla »

:mad:
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:42 pm

Post by Hoopla »

:shifty: