Mini 1195: The Beehive Mystery (GAME OVER)

Acronach
Acronach
Goon
Acronach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:45 am

Post by Acronach »

Captain Spoon wrote:
Sleepykrew? eh..
Acronach was a fun scumpartner to have until He replaced out of the game we were in. I look forward to this

you're forgetting the game you screwed up and then replaced out of.
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=17550
your fail reaction test coupled with the face that GreyIce was your replacement messed up my reads and almost screwed the town over.

anyway, moving on. holding my vote since it looks like we're already out of RVS.
Ivan the Pleasant
Ivan the Pleasant
Townie
Ivan the Pleasant
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:02 am

Post by Ivan the Pleasant »

Not revealing heads.

Not "reaction fishing", unless that's the same as pressuring your top suspect.

Little interest in discussing "conclusions", except that our vote is staying on Yank and we aren't in to your unwarranted attempt to defend someone in rvs.
YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:04 am

Post by YankCane151 »

You're voting for me because you guys are able to twist words? That's convenient.
Go Yankees and Miami Hurricanes
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:14 am

Post by Beck »

Captain Spoon wrote:
Beck wrote:
There is plenty of reasons to make a comment like that as town, if you can't think of any fair enough, but i sure can.

so you had planned to do it?

I was fortunate enough to be the the first poster so I used the thing that we use at the other site.

I typically don't plan out my thoughts before I post but I'm not afraid to speak my mind so if I say something that seems scummy, I'll deal with it.

But that being said, the reactions it generated will prove to be useful.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

"Without rules there is Chaos" C. Kramer
Captain Spoon
Captain Spoon
Goon
Captain Spoon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:22 am

Post by Captain Spoon »

Acronach wrote:
Captain Spoon wrote:
Sleepykrew? eh..
Acronach was a fun scumpartner to have until He replaced out of the game we were in. I look forward to this

you're forgetting the game you screwed up and then replaced out of.
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=17550
your fail reaction test coupled with the face that GreyIce was your replacement messed up my reads and almost screwed the town over.

it wasn't a fail reaction test. I have stern words reagrding that and I'm not going to mention it. I replaced out as soon as i saw vezok.
Besides this is a hydra. We are one

also, you should really have more to say than that. Opinion on beck's pots for example.
Beck wrote:
But that being said, the reactions it generated will prove to be useful.

expand
Captain Corporal and Twistedspoon hydra
subgenius
subgenius
Goon
subgenius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:27 am

Post by subgenius »

Beck wrote:
This is my 2nd game on site so no but if you have been playing here since 2008, so I'm taking an assumption you are a good player

Unfortunately, I've only played four games since I joined, and I've been on the winning team in exactly none of them, so I'm not sure your assumption is a good one.

Yank isn't looking too hot right now. Between his equivocal opinion on Beck and now his lame defense against Ivan, which consists of little more than an accusation of twisting words, I'm not seeing much from him. It's only the second page, but I've got a bad feeling about Yank.

Also:
Yank wrote:You're voting for me because you guys are able to twist words? That's convenient.

"That's convenient" seems to imply that you think Ivan is up to something shady. Do you think he's purposely trying to twist your words because he's scum, or are you merely trying to avoid answering his accusations?
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:37 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Ivan's "case" on yank is a big overreach. But I don't see anything overtly scummy about it given the fact that its very early in the game, and there isn't much to go on.

Yank wrote:You're voting for me because you guys are able to twist words? That's convenient.

This seems fairly melodramatic . . . slightly scummy, but nothing that makes me want to send him to the gallows.

Acronach wrote:anyway, moving on. holding my vote since it looks like we're already out of RVS.

Vote: Acronach

Why hold your vote because we're out of the RVS? That would seem like more of a reason to vote to me, since there is at least something substantial (albeit not much) to discuss.
rblinker123
rblinker123
Goon
rblinker123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:40 am

Post by rblinker123 »

UNVOTE: Ivan the Pleasant

I’m not sure about the suspicion on Yank yet. I don’t see much suspicion at the moment on yank, he wasnt the only one to have suspicion on Beck. He had suspicion, his 'at the same time' quote, seemed to me more as a precaution as I to felt it was a bit early to be jumping onto beck as we had to be careful so I didn’t see much wrong about it.

Also Ivan, you said 'we aren't in to your unwarranted attempt to defend someone in rvs' to yank. I think his defence on Beck was valid, as although it was early and in rvs there was some serious votes against Beck so I’m not certain on Yank suspicions.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:46 am

Post by Beck »

Expand? Ok the reactions to my comment will be useful as the game progresses. Right now it's still a tad early to get a firm read but I have people I'm watching.

P. Edit @ subs, if that's true than yeah I made a horrible assumption.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:54 am

Post by YankCane151 »

What defense? Ivan pretty much said he's keeping his conclusions to himself, and still hasn't stated a case against me other than me saying "At the Same time." So yes, it feels to me that he could be opportunistic scum. I can't have a lame defense if I don't know what I'm defending myself from, and I'm not going to sit here and defend my word choice. What I said regarding the jester is exactly what I thought(Didn't know they weren't in normal formats), that Beck may have been trying to hard for a lynch. I don't see how I'm 'evenhanded', and I thought what Beck was saying early game was anti-town and weird. Past that, I don't see your case.
Acronach
Acronach
Goon
Acronach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:26 pm

Post by Acronach »

Captain Spoon wrote:
Acronach wrote:you should really have more to say than that. Opinion on beck's pots for example.

still trying to get a read on him. hes a noob, so it mayve been an innocent mistake, although #28 makes me suspect he came here from EM.
@Beck the "other site" you were referring to please?
@confid holding my vote is scummy... why? pretty sure that post was a reaction test, but not 100%. please explain the logic behind voting me.
subgenius
subgenius
Goon
subgenius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:42 pm

Post by subgenius »

YankCane151 wrote:What defense? Ivan pretty much said he's keeping his conclusions to himself, and still hasn't stated a case against me other than me saying "At the Same time." So yes, it feels to me that he could be opportunistic scum. I can't have a lame defense if I don't know what I'm defending myself from, and I'm not going to sit here and defend my word choice. What I said regarding the jester is exactly what I thought(Didn't know they weren't in normal formats), that Beck may have been trying to hard for a lynch. I don't see how I'm 'evenhanded', and I thought what Beck was saying early game was anti-town and weird. Past that, I don't see your case.

You gave Beck a pass on his first post, because you thought he was potentially a jester. Now that you know that is impossible, what do you think of his first post?
YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:47 pm

Post by YankCane151 »

As I said, it was weird and anti-town, and it feels to me he was/is trying to get lynched. I won't vote on that alone, but it's something to watch.
Ivan the Pleasant
Ivan the Pleasant
Townie
Ivan the Pleasant
Townie
Townie

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:16 pm

Post by Ivan the Pleasant »

We didn't say we were keeping them to ourselves, we stated them already. You made a comment that sounded nervous and scummy and so we voted you for it. It doesn't require further discussion on our part.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:38 pm

Post by Beck »

Acronach wrote:
Captain Spoon wrote:
Acronach wrote:you should really have more to say than that. Opinion on beck's pots for example.

still trying to get a read on him. hes a noob, so it mayve been an innocent mistake, although #28 makes me suspect he came here from EM.
@confid holding my vote is scummy... why? pretty sure that post was a reaction test, but not 100%. please explain the logic behind voting me.

http://www.glbwiki.com/index.php?title= ... afia_Forum
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:43 pm

Post by Beck »

YankCane151 wrote:As I said, it was weird and anti-town, and it feels to me he was/is trying to get lynched. I won't vote on that alone, but it's something to watch.

why do you interpret it as an attempt to get lynched and not an attempt at humor

is humor not allowed on mafiascum? cause if that is the case I better leave now :P
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Acronach
Acronach
Goon
Acronach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:09 pm

Post by Acronach »

its allowed, but it usually gets bad reactions anywhere outside of f62
Tommy
Tommy
Goon
Tommy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:18 pm

Post by Tommy »

Blimey - the silly stage was over within six posts. You people don't mess about.

Beck's joke seems harmless enough to me, given its timing. Captain Spoon's attack on it therefore seems a bit over the top, but I guess it helps to get some substance in early and he seems sincere.

I was somewhat suspicious of subgenius after post 13 ('Beck is scum, and Yank is his partner') - too certain and and he didn't explain it. But post 30 went a long way to putting that right.

I find Beck's post 15 a bit weird too: that's the one where he implies that he's familiar with subgenius's play. When subgenius called him on it, I asked myself why Beck would want to give a false impression like that. Can't think of one, so leave that for now.

I'm sympathetic towards Ivan the Pleasant's case against YankCane, though 'I've never seen a scummier post on page 1' sounds like exaggeration. Certainly, YankCane was wrong just to dismiss the charges out of hand (twice) before finally responding to subgenius's explicit challenge on the matter.

Really can't see where Spoon's vote comes from in post 24. Certainly he isn't providing any explanation himself (care to do so, Captain?); but I like that he called Acronach for lurking, and I distrust Ivan's attempt to invoke RVS long after it's gone.

ConfidAnon's debut is bizarre - apparently Acronach's crime is that he didn't start slinging his vote around immediately. Keeping a watch on that one.

rblinker123 seems right-headed but timid. Maybe that's just by comparison with the otherwise somewhat testosterony play so far (incidentally, testosterony is the real San Francisco treat).
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:23 pm

Post by Beck »

rblinker123 wrote:
UNVOTE: Ivan the Pleasant

I’m not sure about the suspicion on Yank yet. I don’t see much suspicion at the moment on yank, he wasnt the only one to have suspicion on Beck. He had suspicion, his 'at the same time' quote, seemed to me more as a precaution as I to felt it was a bit early to be jumping onto beck as we had to be careful so I didn’t see much wrong about it.

Also Ivan, you said 'we aren't in to your unwarranted attempt to defend someone in rvs' to yank. I think his defence on Beck was valid, as although it was early and in rvs there was some serious votes against Beck so I’m not certain on Yank suspicions.

I seriously don't understand anything you said in this post.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Greymarble
Greymarble
Goon
Greymarble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:31 pm

Post by Greymarble »

YankCane151 wrote:It may be the Sam Adams talking, but what Beck said was really weird and anti-town. At the same time, the lynch almost seems too obvious, a jester perhaps?

TRANSLATION:
'BECK IS WEIRD AND ANTITOWN BUT I KNOW HE'S NOT SCUM. MUST BE A THIRD PARTY???'

GWAPPA GWAPPA!
VOTE: YankCane151
DIEIEIEIE HEHEHAHAHAHAHA
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:25 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

Acronach wrote:still trying to get a read on him. hes a noob, so it mayve been an innocent mistake, although #28 makes me suspect he came here from EM.

You ignored my question, giving my vote further validation. I have reasoning for the vote, however, I'd like you to answer my question before I give it. So, for the second time, why would you withhold your vote because the RVS ended?
Acronach
Acronach
Goon
Acronach
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:31 pm

Post by Acronach »

because i don't have a solid scumread on anyone ATM. once i get one, i'll vote it. simple as that. not really brain surgery here.
(inb4hepullsanoppratunistic-scumandsaysi'mBeck'sscumbuddyfornotvotinghim)
YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:53 pm

Post by YankCane151 »

Again, I don't see what was so explicit about Ivan's case. It wasn't clarified to me until #36, before then it was just IVP And sub being suspicious of me for word choice. I don't even know if Greymarble's is a joke or not, but if not then that's the most incorrect interpretation I've ever seen. But hey, worse comes to worse and IVP, sub and Grey are leading the mislynch bandwagon and they die the following days, whatever it takes to win, I just don't see how they have actual cases past #36(which I defended myself against, but lo and behold, Marble ignored that post completely.)
YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:54 pm

Post by YankCane151 »

And to clarify, Yes, I think there is scum on the bandwagon that's forming on me right now. Until I see an actual case against me, I'm just seeing opportunistic scum buddies here.
YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:12 pm

Post by YankCane151 »

Ivan the Pleasant wrote:We didn't say we were keeping them to ourselves, we stated them already. You made a comment that sounded nervous and scummy and so we voted you for it. It doesn't require further discussion on our part.

No, you didn't state them. You over-analyzed my first post and then sat back and let the bandwagon form. Herp. I mean really, pushing for a quicklynch on day 1? Are you trying to get lynched tomorrow? If no one can see the ridiculousness behind your case now, I can only hope they see it when I pop up dead townie, tomorrow. There's no way you can be town, while pushing for a quicklynch, failing to discuss, feeding the bandwagon fire, what else? Whether it's today or tomorrow, you're down for the count. Let's just make it easy on the town and lynch sure scum today. Come on, you don't even want to discuss? Sure, it'd be easy to sweep a newb to the gallows and quicklynch without discussion(to make day 2 easy for another mislynch), but I refuse to let that happen, and any real townie will as well. You however, just want the lynch and struck for the first thing you could twist around in your favor. Please, enlighten me to how you guys think you are pro-town in anyways.

Unovte, Vote:Ivan The Pleasant

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”