Mini 1195: The Beehive Mystery (GAME OVER)

ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:28 pm

Post by ICEninja »

Interesting. I think I'm going to like this game.

Anyways, I usually ask some questions to get the ball rolling in games then make a totally exaggerated case on something like word choice on page 1 in order to get the ball rolling further. My job has been done for me, it seems.

I would like to ask one question of everyone, though. What is your timezone? I like to take note of those outside of USA times as they generally post at strange hours. It's always good to know when waiting for a post from someone in Australia that they'll likely be posting in the middle of the night. I'm in PDT right now, which is GMT-8 or something like that.

The initial case on Beck was an anti-RVS case. There was zero ground for any real suspicion, and his joke was just a joke. I actually chuckled a little when I saw that as the first post. The initial case on Yank has, by itself, little to no true value in a case. However, should Beck flip scum, I agree that it is an associative tell.

Aside from other posts, I'd like to dissect post 49 a bit:
Yank wrote:
No, you didn't state them. You over-analyzed my first post and then sat back and let the bandwagon form. Herp. I mean really, pushing for a quicklynch on day 1?

Do you really see anything as pushing for a quick lynch? He stated suspicion against you, voted for you, then stated that his vote needed no further clarification. I haven't seen him do anything remotely like pushing for a quick lynch.
Yank wrote:
Are you trying to get lynched tomorrow?

Minor deterrent attacks like these more frequently come from scum who need to attempt to dissuade people from voting them than town who is genuinely innocent. I do it subconsciously as scum.
Yank wrote:
If no one can see the ridiculousness behind your case now, I can only hope they see it when I pop up dead townie, tomorrow.

Town also rarely needs to state that they're town, particularly this early. Another thing I do subconsciously as scum.

The rest is a hell of a lot of AtE. You sure seem to be nervous about town's push against you. All of Yank's previous posts have been nullish, but I'm seeing a lot of scum mindset coming from 49.
Vote YankCane151
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses
YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by YankCane151 »

Sigh. Well, not everyone on my bandwagon is opportunistic scum. I at least hoped the townies would be rational, but no one is seeing the writing on the wall. Can we at least get some discussion in so you guys don't go into day 2 still not wanting to lynch IVP or sub?
Go Yankees and Miami Hurricanes
YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:40 pm

Post by YankCane151 »

At this point I'm just a little frazzled emotion-wise that IVP Has managed to create a bandwagon as a scum on me and actually go somewhere with it. I don't even want to be lynched, but if that's what it takes to realize he's opportunistic scum, then we probably don't have much hope as town anyways.
subgenius
subgenius
Goon
subgenius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:31 pm

Post by subgenius »

I agree with ICEninja that post 49 is telling, but I get a different read from it.

There's no debating that Yank is being overly defensive here, which I've seen cited more than once as a scum tell, but I find myself reading it as a newbie tell. He reminds me of myself in my first game after a long hiatus, in which I was subjected to some early pressure. GreyICE (of GreyMarble) was in that game, and might recall it. Like Yank, I became a bit hysterical and assumed my accusers were scum. As it turned out, they weren't scum, and neither was I.

At the moment, I'm sensing that Yank is an inexperienced and frazzled townie rather than a flailing scum.

ICEninja wrote:Minor deterrent attacks like these more frequently come from scum who need to attempt to dissuade people from voting them than town who is genuinely innocent. I do it subconsciously as scum

ICEninja wrote:Town also rarely needs to state that they're town, particularly this early. Another thing I do subconsciously as scum.

I'm wondering if you have any particular examples in mind when you say you do these things subconsciously as scum. It's certainly plausible that these are subconscious scum tics, but I'd feel more comfortable accepting your arguments if you could provide some examples.

ICEninja wrote:I would like to ask one question of everyone, though. What is your timezone?

EST
YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:26 pm

Post by YankCane151 »

It's just that I still don't see the case against me other than what you brought up(which I adressed last page), and yet people are still hopping along with no big reason. Greymarble's post honestly seems like a joke to me because I can't take those large caps seriously.

@ICE: Of course I'm nervous of the town push against me. I don't want a mislynch but I can't defend myself from nothing and until IVP brings up an actual case(which he's pretty much just said "No, just lynch this guy already, I'm right, he's wrong"), I'll continue to be unable to actually coherently defend myself.

Please IVP, can you just explain a little bit more than "I don't want to help the town at all, just lynch who I say"?
YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:28 pm

Post by YankCane151 »

One more thing, If I'm supposedly helping out Beck/taking pressure off of him by claiming he's 3rd party, why aren't you pressuring him? Everyone's quick on me but they've pushed Beck aside(those on my wagon, that is.)
Captain Spoon
Captain Spoon
Goon
Captain Spoon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:15 pm

Post by Captain Spoon »

Tommy wrote:
Beck's joke seems harmless enough to me, given its timing. Captain Spoon's attack on it therefore seems a bit over the top, but I guess it helps to get some substance in early and he seems sincere.

I like to put... conviction into my RVS votes to add that extra bit of pressure. Pressure is certainly useful as scum and town have different responses to pressure
Tommy wrote:
Really can't see where Spoon's vote comes from in post 24. Certainly he isn't providing any explanation himself (care to do so, Captain?); but I like that he called Acronach for lurking, and I distrust Ivan's attempt to invoke RVS long after it's gone.

I think Beck's town at this point, so why not slap an RVS vote on Ivan. He's said 'This is a serious vote' twice now. I find that slighty odd.
Acronach wrote:because i don't have a solid scumread on anyone ATM. once i get one, i'll vote it. simple as that. not really brain surgery here.
(inb4hepullsanoppratunistic-scumandsaysi'mBeck'sscumbuddyfornotvotinghim)

I don't like this at all compadré

It's RVS and there is nothing more useless than an unused vote. You don't need a solid scumread yet. In fact, not voting is anti-town.
VOTE: Acro
Other comments:
I'd have called ICE out for opportunistic wagoning, But If anything I don't find the way he's wagoned yank scummy. I mean he did the opposite of what I'd expect from scum, which would be just sheeping a vote and citing a past case. The fact that ICEninja got his own little case together is town indeed
Also, I like the path Confidanon is taking. Sharing my mindset is usually a town tell for me, and there are bigger fish to fry than Yank right now.

Early reads (note: This is just the Twistedspoon head talking. Once Captain corporal gets on the reads may change after we discuss)

Probtown

ICEninja
Confidanon
Beck
SubGenius (I like his conclusion of Yank)
Need to hear more

Marble (I like his one post though)
Tommy (I like his one post though)
Rblinker
Those who've yet to post (sleepykrew, The kool)
Slightly suspicious

Yank (marble's post is a new way of looking at the situation I didn't see before)
Ivan
Scummish

Acronach

~TS
Captain Corporal and Twistedspoon hydra
Captain Spoon
Captain Spoon
Goon
Captain Spoon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:19 pm

Post by Captain Spoon »

one more thing

@Sungenius: Do you still like your Beck vote? I feel like pressure on him will get us no further and his joking was probably more town in hindsight. I can't see scum wanting to draw attention to themselves unless it's for a pro- town reason. What do you think of Acro?
Captain Corporal and Twistedspoon hydra
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:21 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

I want a votecount before I do anything stupid.
To be clear: quack
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:46 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Acro: CS, CA
Yank: Greymarble, ICE, ItP
Beck: subgenius
ItP: Yank
Not Voting: Acro, Beck, rblinker, Tommy, SK
Unofficial votecount down. Contribution forthcoming forthwith.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:47 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Oh, and Kool.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:18 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Okay, so I'm using a new method of scumhunting and I also prefer wallofposts as opposed to wall. Sorry if this unnerves you. Starting.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:19 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Ivan the Pleasant wrote:This account is a hydra.

vote beck

His joke sounds nervous. This is a serious vote.

+2
Making something out of nothing.
ItP: 2
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:21 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Posts 14 and 15. Beck says:
"You can vote for me."
"Why are you voting for me? You're better than this."
Beck is now an acceptable lynch.
ItP: 2
ALs: Beck
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:23 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Ivan the Pleasant wrote:
unvote

vote yank

NOW this vote is serious

yank wrote: It may be the Sam Adams talking, but what Beck said was really weird and anti-town. At the same time, the lynch almost seems too obvious, a jester perhaps?

I've never seen a scummier post on page 1

- you call him
really
weird and anti-town
- you qualify it with an "at the same time", which is scummy in general, especially during rvs
- your "at the same time" makes no sense and sounds nervous as shit
- you are more interested in sounding evenhanded than in generating information.

no way this is coming from town

Another +2
ItP: 4
ALs: Beck
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:24 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Beck wrote:I disagree about the statement that town wouldn't joke about that cause they don't want to cast suspicion on themselves.

There is plenty of reasons to make a comment like that as town, if you can't think of any fair enough, but i sure can.

Please share.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:25 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Acronach wrote:
Captain Spoon wrote:
Sleepykrew? eh..
Acronach was a fun scumpartner to have until He replaced out of the game we were in. I look forward to this

you're forgetting the game you screwed up and then replaced out of.
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=17550
your fail reaction test coupled with the face that GreyIce was your replacement messed up my reads and almost screwed the town over.

anyway, moving on. holding my vote since it looks like we're already out of RVS.

Top two scumspects?
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:27 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Ivan the Pleasant wrote:Little interest in discussing "conclusions", except that our vote is staying on Yank and we aren't in to your unwarranted attempt to defend someone in rvs.

Why aren't you discussing conclusions? And you said the vote was serious, so it wasn't defending in RVS.
ItP is now an acceptable lynch.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:30 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

subgenius wrote:Yank isn't looking too hot right now. Between his equivocal opinion on Beck and now his lame defense against Ivan, which consists of little more than an accusation of twisting words, I'm not seeing much from him. It's only the second page, but I've got a bad feeling about Yank.

+2
subgenius: 2
ALs: ItP, beck
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:37 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

ConfidAnon wrote:
Yank wrote:You're voting for me because you guys are able to twist words? That's convenient.

This seems fairly melodramatic . . . slightly scummy, but nothing that makes me want to send him to the gallows.

+2
Vote: Acronach

Why hold your vote because we're out of the RVS? That would seem like more of a reason to vote to me, since there is at least something substantial (albeit not much) to discuss.

And if he hadn't posted this, where would your vote be?
+?
CA: 2+?
subgenius: 2
ALs: ItP, beck
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:39 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

rblinker123 wrote:
UNVOTE: Ivan the Pleasant

I’m not sure about the suspicion on Yank yet. I don’t see much suspicion at the moment on yank, he wasnt the only one to have suspicion on Beck. He had suspicion, his 'at the same time' quote, seemed to me more as a precaution as I to felt it was a bit early to be jumping onto beck as we had to be careful so I didn’t see much wrong about it.

Also Ivan, you said 'we aren't in to your unwarranted attempt to defend someone in rvs' to yank. I think his defence on Beck was valid, as although it was early and in rvs there was some serious votes against Beck so I’m not certain on Yank suspicions.

Why the unvote?
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:40 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

YankCane151 wrote:As I said, it was weird and anti-town, and it feels to me he was/is trying to get lynched. I won't vote on that alone, but it's something to watch.

You still don't get the joke?
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:41 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Ivan the Pleasant wrote:We didn't say we were keeping them to ourselves, we stated them already. You made a comment that sounded nervous and scummy and so we voted you for it. It doesn't require further discussion on our part.

Hohoho yes it does.
YankCane151
YankCane151
Goon
YankCane151
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:41 pm

Post by YankCane151 »

Not exactly following your number system, Care to explain?

I got the joke, the whole 'scum always posts first' thing, I just thought it was weird.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:44 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Greymarble wrote:
YankCane151 wrote:It may be the Sam Adams talking, but what Beck said was really weird and anti-town. At the same time, the lynch almost seems too obvious, a jester perhaps?

TRANSLATION:
'BECK IS WEIRD AND ANTITOWN BUT I KNOW HE'S NOT SCUM. MUST BE A THIRD PARTY???'

GWAPPA GWAPPA!
VOTE: YankCane151
DIEIEIEIE HEHEHAHAHAHAHA

Dear lord. He didn't get a joke.
+?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”