Newbie 1122 (Game Over|Scum Win)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Ellf
Ellf
Goon
Ellf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:32 am

Post by Ellf »

Okay, I read the thread after I dropped, and damn. I wasn't expecting Maruchan to survive past day 2.
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:37 am

Post by Panacea »

Lol, I'm doing the same in 116 degree. ;) Also, I think linking the QT is against the rules, if I'm not mistaken.

We definitely pushed for lynching Vader sans claim. If MuffinMan had survived, I don't think I'd have made it our alive. Nor if Stuntman had come in earlier.

The Oman replace was BRILLIANT. I was impressed.

I'll break down players when I make it back to my PC. :) Lots of positives.
Town: 2. 2.
Scum: 2. 1.
Stuntman
Stuntman
Townie
Stuntman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:07 am

Post by Stuntman »

yea no hard feelings Maruchan, id love to play with you again :D
Packbat
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she, they, ze/zir

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:08 am

Post by Packbat »

Panacea wrote:The Oman replace was BRILLIANT. I was impressed.

It's a cool idea, but I don't think it won it for you; I know I didn't pay much attention to it.
advice from a trans otherkin queer plural system: you don't have to accept what normal says it's possible for you to be.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:22 am

Post by Maruchan »

I've seen other games where I swear the mods linked the QT post-game.

It al lgets recorded somewhere, and now that the game is over, I see no harm in posting the QT. I will go re-read some of the rules, but I think MuffinMan and Packbat in particular wil lwant to read the QT. if you think my Stuntman Post was long ,wait till you so me Pro/Con's of nightkill/keep alive for each player.
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:25 am

Post by Maruchan »

Robo's rules make no mention to the post-game

Robo: Can we link the QT so as to show the scum's night-discussion?
Show
Join Now!

Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:05 pm

Post by Oversoul »

I had a sneaking suspicion of Pan after MuffinMan's flip as well as Packbat's flip. We really should have just lynched Maru, but I thought everyone was pretty town. :( Cop lynch day 1 made me not want to play this game anymore.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:43 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Dum-dee-dum

http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/Ty8deYZVm7Bh7

Its against the rules
during
game. But afterwards, it usally is scums choice to post it. But since I know you want to post it. Here it is.

Btw, the flavor, I tried to make it the best I could. I was experimenting with longer flavor instead of shorter. I tried to wrap the ending up with a happy ending.So yeah. I tried!
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:08 pm

Post by Maruchan »

Hope you guys enjoy reading
Show
Join Now!

Stuntman
Stuntman
Townie
Stuntman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:23 pm

Post by Stuntman »

yea i like happy endings. especially if they involve money

ahh i love the thought of you guys freaking out at me almost exposing maruchan. if i had been on sooner, or if numberQ had patience, i could of ruined everything for scum. :D
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:36 pm

Post by numberQ »

I'm sad that I played directly into your hands... Lessoned learned: treat LyLo like a basket of eggs. Very carefully. : P
Hey!
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:01 pm

Post by Panacea »

Yay, computer time! As I said, though I seem to be better at scum roles than town, I always feel super guilty for lying to people. :(

Robocopter87 wrote:
Panacea played this game perfectly. It really was, not a single person suspected her and I don't even know if anybody actually even accused or voted her.
Thank you so much!!! :) :) :) :) That means a lot!

About the hammer: On my way to work around 2:40, I stopped at a red light and checked to see where we were. I had enough time to read Oversoul's post at the top of the page, but then I had to close out and go to work. Apparently poor Maruchan had already seen me on and voted, and I must have closed it right around the same time. Nine hours later, I checked my other game first and bee-bopped around Facebook before checking this one. I would never have imagined we'd voted so early from the start of Lylo, so I wasn't preoccupied with checking it. ^^*

Stuntman wrote:btw how did you feel when i paired you with pac as possible scum partners? everyone thought it was real at the time, so how did you feel inside when this replace struts in and suddenly suspects you as scum?
That's
exactly
how I felt! I was unnecessarily edgy because if you got people to really looking, I knew I'd be found out. I had to go into crazy discredit-overdrive to kill your townie points, to the point of twisting myself into a delicate position: I had to make a huge deal out of your Pac/Pan gambit thing
after
being so positive about Packbat doing that very thing when I thought he was trying to trap Smallpeoples. The same thing. I was so sure I was going to get myself killed with that, lol.

Packbat wrote:You magnificent bastard, you had me fooled to the end. Superb scum play - and the kills were perfect from a WIFOM perspective, too. You played straight to the "kill experienced players first" meme, despite being the most experienced.
Yeah, I forget who suggested Oversoul being a good setup. :D

zMuffinMan wrote:The D1 flake from the cop after being replaced was meh.
I KNOW! He was the only player I was pretty certain
wasn't
a PR! It was wonderful luck. It was also in my best interest to get him lynched quickly so we could start the Night.

Maruchan wrote:I edited the qt out of my browser history both times.
... It never even crossed my mind that it'd be in there. XD

Lol, reading back over the QT, we had a lot of random chatter. XD

Breakdowns will be the next post:
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:37 pm

Post by Panacea »

:right: Robocopter: I really liked this flavor, and the end was cleverly twisted. I repeat what I said in the QT, with the addition that you might look into scifi/horror writing.

:right: Maruchan: Loved this game. Your contribution was great. We made a great team in that you pulled all of the ballsy moves I was afraid to, lol, and I tried my best to refocus people onto others and distract them from those moves. It was very functional.:D

:right: Packbat: You were awesome. You were excellent at moving the game forward and keeping everyone motivated. When I'm Town, that's what's most important to me. I honestly learned a few things from your constant supply of good tips and tricks. I'm trying to learn to mod: you should do a mod help tutorial. :D

:right: zMuffinMan: You were a threat from your first post because you never cared about how you appeared to town. As I've learned from Rayfrost, that is the most dangerous sort of townie.

:right: Smallpeoples: Small actually had a lot of potential early on. I think as time went by you stopped caring. I'm sorry to have made such a trumped-up case against you. We just needed a lynch, and you were the least-contributing player.

:right: Oversoul: I really, really liked you. I felt so horrible setting you up for suspicion by killing zMuffinMan that I tried to make D2 as easy on you as possible. You mentioned early on that you got called out a lot for your cases being weak. You brought up some very good points. All I have to say is that I hope you'll try to keep up the faith in town in future; you guys were by no means done when the cop died. :(

:right: NumberQ: I was pretty darn sure that you were a PR. You were very obvtown to me, and I agree with Packbat on your being the player who's come the furthest. :)

:right: Stuntman: When you first came in, I thought MuffinMan had been reincarnated or something, lol! You were good. I do have to say that while I blew your false scumhunting thing out of proportion, you could have packaged it to be a little more pro-town. I do know what you were doing and it did make sense, but I agree with Robo in that your presentation was scummy, and therefor easily made to appear scummier.

Thank you guys for an incredible game. I had a lot of fun, and it was a great return to MafiaScum for me. I definitely hope to see all of you around, and hopefully on the same team next time!
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:01 pm

Post by Maruchan »

Packbat, I look forward to playing with you in Crazy's campaign mafia. ;)
Show
Join Now!

Packbat
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:52 am

Post by Packbat »

Panacea wrote: :right: Packbat: You were awesome. You were excellent at moving the game forward and keeping everyone motivated. When I'm Town, that's what's most important to me. I honestly learned a few things from your constant supply of good tips and tricks. I'm trying to learn to mod: you should do a mod help tutorial. :D

Thank you! I only wish that just one more of those had been obeyed...

(I'm afraid my bank of moderator tricks is a lot thinner - the only real things I can think of are "be very active" and "make the game immune to flakes", and the MS community is very good about the latter already.)

Maruchan wrote:Packbat, I look forward to playing with you in Crazy's campaign mafia. ;)

I find it immensely entertaining just how many players I have met before are joining that game. :D
advice from a trans otherkin queer plural system: you don't have to accept what normal says it's possible for you to be.
Packbat
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:55 am

Post by Packbat »

Just started reading the QT.

Panacea wrote:I'm not sure. I was thinking maybe MuffinMan, and then we could say that Oversoul stood to gain the most, but part of me thinks that might be too obvious. Plus MuffinMan seems to think you're Town, which is bueno.

Maruchan wrote:we can kill muffinman, then NOT plant the he oversoul had the most to gain ourselves, but let someone else say it.

Da-a-a-ang.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:02 am

Post by hiplop »

Stuntman wrote:yea now i know how hiplop and jmurph felt last game.

:oops:

This was a fun read! Packbat you were a great IC.

Stuntman, you're really improving, and its awesome. Keep working and you'll be very good soon :)

Pan, that was pretty good scumplay, you had just about everyone fooled, all game. Love it!~

Marucham, the QT thing had me raging from the sidelines, but at the end of the day, you handled everything well. Decent play.

I'll be interested in playing with all of you guys at a later time (:
third best scummer of all time
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:24 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Packbat wrote:(I'm afraid my bank of moderator tricks is a lot thinner - the only real things I can think of are "be very active" and "make the game immune to flakes", and the MS community is very good about the latter already.)

Be active is super important. Mod activity == Player activity (Most of the time)
Be super careful what you say, saying less is better than saying more.
Stay out of the way. Let the players play.
Never ever ever quote a players post that isn't specifically asking you something. Like if someone says the game is crap or something, don't jump in. Stay out of the way. It could be just a pretend anger from the player, you never know what they are doing.
Make it a comfortable environment. Have fun. Its a game.

Thats pretty much my Modbook. If you do this then your games will be awesome.

I'm sure theres plenty more stuff you can add to this list. But I did the main stuff.

I mostly Mod newbies because I still don't have the skill for bigger games.

I've modded quite a few actually...

Lets see. Heres my modding history.

My first was Open 232.
Newbie 984.
Newbie 1004(Which restarted as Newbie 1013 after somebody figured out somebody elses role)
Newbie 1006.
Newbie 1015
Newbie 1071
Newbie 1074
Then just finished 1122.

Currently Modding:
Newbie 1114
Newbie 1137

Throw Mini 1022 into there somewhere. i have no clue when it took place. I failed at modding that. Terribly. Which brought me back to the newbie queue after it finished. Haven't modded something besides a Newbie since it finished.

My play history is also long.

Actually my first newbie game was Newbie 884. I did terrible, just goes to show how much I improved. And then my first modded newbie was 974. A hundred newbie games later.

Ahh... memories..

Lol so yeah. My history.
Last edited by Robocopter87 on Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:28 am

Post by Maruchan »

Packbat wrote:Just started reading the QT.

Panacea wrote:I'm not sure. I was thinking maybe MuffinMan, and then we could say that Oversoul stood to gain the most, but part of me thinks that might be too obvious. Plus MuffinMan seems to think you're Town, which is bueno.

Maruchan wrote:we can kill muffinman, then NOT plant the he oversoul had the most to gain ourselves, but let someone else say it.

Da-a-a-ang.

could you clarify your dang for me please? I THINK its a "dang good play there" kind of dang, but I want to be sure :P

did it surprise you? not only did we do a WIFOM kill, but we let YOU be the person to state why it implied oversoul! XD
Show
Join Now!

Packbat
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Packbat
she, they, ze/zir
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:32 am

Post by Packbat »

Maruchan wrote:could you clarify your dang for me please? I THINK its a "dang good play there" kind of dang, but I want to be sure :P

You are correct - that was me realizing that I was completely fooled.

(That's another thing I'm beating myself up about over this game - I shoulda smelled something was off when you were so ambivalent about the whole thing!)
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:22 am

Post by Maruchan »

If you notice, I was trying to tell you to not automatically assume he was scum. :) I was being helpful to town.

its how I play. even as scum I will point out to town errors in their arguments or logic that may lead them closer to noticing it was me. I prefer all of town to be so good that it makes the game hard for scum. Hard games are more fun. :) Which is why in chat I'd always get so irked, everybody would just ignore anything I would say, so some games I would get to the point where I just go, OKAY IM FUCKING SCUM NOW LISTEN TO ME!!! YOURE ALL BEING IDIOTS!

then they still dont listen to me, they just spam "LYNCH HIM LYNCH HIM"
Show
Join Now!

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:11 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Last post.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”