Mini 170 - Time Travel Mafia, Game Over!

Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:32 am

Post by Mgm »

SapphireVerde wrote:we still got plenty of time left to decide to save Armix, so we could try to solve something else first. oh wait? is there still a deadline? if so, then we dont got time. then im all fro savin him if whoever wants to save him wants to risk it.
And what exactly is the risk involved? They'd be saving a confirmed townie and use only one unit of time fuel versus the 2 units they'd tomorrow. If he's to be saved, it should be as soon as possible to save as much time fuel as possible.
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick
Crola
Crola
Mafia Scum
Crola
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:08 am

Post by Crola »

Axelrod wrote:
Crola wrote:Wait, we can buy Timefuel? You said do it now when time fuel costs less. Is this unique your role, is there something I missed, am I just not special?
It occurs to me (unfortunately, only now) that those who are "basic townie" roles don't know what Mgm, MOS, Electra and myself are talking about. The townie PM, already posted by math, doesn't explain how time fuel actually works. Therefore, I assume it is only those of us who got "time-traveling" roles who got the time-fuel explanation.

Since the mafia already know this I'll go ahead and explain it. Every day a person travels uses up a "unit" of time fuel. If you go back one day (or forward) it costs one unit. If you travel two days, like from day three back to day one, you use two units. Time-travelling roles have limited amounts of fuel (well mine does, and I assume everyone else's does, based on what math said.) That's why Mgm and myself said it would cost less to save Armix
now
, rather than later.

What this means is that several time-travelling players have just exposed themselves to the Mafia. The Mafia may not know what we can do, but we are definately going to be the targets. So, anyone else who can time-travel PLEASE SHUT UP ABOUT IT. We don't need to tell the Mafia any more than they already know.
Does this mean I've inadvertently roleclaimed?
Okay, now that we know how timefuel works a little better, we know that it will be hard for the mafia to kill the Doc day 1.
The reason I bring this up, is because if the doc revives each night, the mafia would want to go back to day one and kill the doc, thus undoing all his protection. This would rekill everyone the doc saved.

But, with this new enlightment from Axe, we know that Mafia probably doesn't have enough fuel to go back in time to day one when it's much later in the game. THis is one advantage we have.
Kun Lan:"Oops, I guess my trick didn't work on you."
Harman:"Tricks are for kids, Kun. I'm an old man."
~ Killer7
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:47 am

Post by Mgm »

I wonder if each mafia member has their own time fuel, or if they share their stash.
Show
Dmi
Dmi
Goon
Dmi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:50 am

Post by Dmi »

Unvote Axelrod

I don't have much of an opinion on armlx being resurrected. I can see good arguments and some negatives for both sides.

Also, I won't have internet at home until the end of the month. My school blocks out mafiascum. This will allow me to only access the site on weekends in the library. If my absense is a problem, mod, please replace me if necessary. I think that replacing me in this game would be best, since we're only on Day One, I didn't participate much, I would probably not make the deadlines, and I'm sure plenty of people would like to replace in a time travel mafia.
Dmi
Dmi
Goon
Dmi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:56 am

Post by Dmi »

Mgm wrote:And what exactly is the risk involved? They'd be saving a confirmed townie and use only one unit of time fuel versus the 2 units they'd tomorrow. If he's to be saved, it should be as soon as possible to save as much time fuel as possible.
We could always save the guy who'll die this night.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:06 am

Post by mathcam »

Okay, thanks for the heads up, Dmi. I appreciate it.

Effective immediately, Dragon Slayer is replacing Dmi.

Cam
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:24 pm

Post by Mgm »

Dmi wrote:
Mgm wrote:And what exactly is the risk involved? They'd be saving a confirmed townie and use only one unit of time fuel versus the 2 units they'd tomorrow. If he's to be saved, it should be as soon as possible to save as much time fuel as possible.
We could always save the guy who'll die this night.
Only if you know for certain who's going to die ahead of time, or am I missing something?
Show
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:39 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

I know that I haven't been the best contributor to this game, but I still am trying to figure out some of the mechanics of it .. We must not forget that we are on a deadline and we need to decide on a lynch like soon. I can't recall who has the most votes at the moment, but before something drastic happens we probably should decide on a lynch.

I'm all for Stevie hence the vote.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:42 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Nanook wrote:I'm all for Stevie hence the vote.
Uh, yeah .. forget about this little sentence.

I guess this is what I get for signing up for two minis at a time.

The rest of the post still stands though.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:58 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Axelrod wrote:
Crola wrote:Wait, we can buy Timefuel? You said do it now when time fuel costs less. Is this unique your role, is there something I missed, am I just not special?
It occurs to me (unfortunately, only now) that those who are "basic townie" roles don't know what Mgm, MOS, Electra and myself are talking about. The townie PM, already posted by math, doesn't explain how time fuel actually works. Therefore, I assume it is only those of us who got "time-traveling" roles who got the time-fuel explanation.

Since the mafia already know this I'll go ahead and explain it. Every day a person travels uses up a "unit" of time fuel. If you go back one day (or forward) it costs one unit. If you travel two days, like from day three back to day one, you use two units. Time-travelling roles have limited amounts of fuel (well mine does, and I assume everyone else's does, based on what math said.) That's why Mgm and myself said it would cost less to save Armix
now
, rather than later.

What this means is that several time-travelling players have just exposed themselves to the Mafia. The Mafia may not know what we can do, but we are definately going to be the targets. So, anyone else who can time-travel PLEASE SHUT UP ABOUT IT. We don't need to tell the Mafia any more than they already know.
How do you know that none of those people are basic townies? I, for example, could just be a townie that is making assumptions based on what my role pm says in addition to machanics from previous games and what others have said, etc. There's nothing that people have said that means they have more specialized time travel abilities...
Mgm wrote:I wonder if each mafia member has their own time fuel, or if they share their stash.
We could always ask them...I'll give donuts if any of the mafia would like to explain :wink:

Also, I like the generic "catching up" post...very useful for copy pasting between games. :)
Permanent V/LA.
SapphireVerde
SapphireVerde
Goon
SapphireVerde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:42 am

Post by SapphireVerde »

by risks i meant the loss of fuel, what if we need to save a major power role and we have no fuel left.
Fluffy Wuffy!
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:23 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

That brings us back to the issue of knowing that someone is, in fact, a major power role, rather than a mafia who spun an intricate web of deceptions and lies while they were alive, and are having their revival urged by their still-living scum buddies...
To be Continued...
Crola
Crola
Mafia Scum
Crola
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:40 am

Post by Crola »

Do we know who's leading in votes? Votecount please.
MoS wrote:We could always ask them...I'll give donuts if any of the mafia would like to explain
Doughnuts is the correct spelling, and is this hinting at a cop claim?
~ Killer7
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:44 am

Post by mathcam »

Current Official Vote Count:

Sapphire (3, Electra, Mgm, Crola)
Mgm (2, SapphireVerde, Fuldu)
Electra (1, MoS)
Tactix (1, Nanook)

Not Voting: Axelrod, DarkLight140, SubtleTactix, DragonSlayer

6 to lynch.

Cam
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:59 am

Post by Mgm »

Crola wrote:Do we know who's leading in votes? Votecount please.
MoS wrote:We could always ask them...I'll give donuts if any of the mafia would like to explain
Spelling all depends on where you live. You can spell the word doughnut in a number of ways all equally valid.
Show
Crola
Crola
Mafia Scum
Crola
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:53 am

Post by Crola »

Mgm wrote:
Spelling all depends on where you live. You can spell the word doughnut in a number of ways all equally valid.
Yeah, after I posted, I looked up both forms of the word, and they are both correct.
~ Killer7
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:52 pm

Post by Axelrod »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:How do you know that none of those people are basic townies? I, for example, could just be a townie that is making assumptions based on what my role pm says in addition to machanics from previous games and what others have said, etc. There's nothing that people have said that means they have more specialized time travel abilities...
Sorry, MOS. Re-reading your other post, it doesn't necessarily indicate a knowledge of time-travel fuel. I'm not trying to out you here. It's actually better if you are not a time-traveller.

I haven't voted yet. I don't have any strong suspicions. I do have a feeling that we should try to avoid "close" votes, however. Because the mafia might be able to later manipulate a lynch by time-travelling and killing one of the voters. Why are people voting for Sapphire?
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:14 pm

Post by DarkLight140 »

As demonstrated in the previous time travel mini, mafia can not only change the lynch by killing voters, but also by killing the person being voted for- then the person with the second most votes will be lynched. For that reason, we should only have
any
votes on someone other than our lynchee if we're willing to have them killed as well, and it would probably be best if we had none at all elsewhere.
To be Continued...
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:53 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Well if this be true then our prime targets at deadline are MgM and Sapphire ...
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:49 am

Post by Electra »

I think it's hinting at a Mafia claim. :P

Nanook - What? O.o Mathcam did say that the deadline could be extended, and aren't SapphireVerde and MgM both essentially random bandwagons? Am I missing something? O.<
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:41 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

I, for one, would like to request a deadline extension. I don't think we've achieved "popular demand" yet, we're more than a little directionless, and the deadline is rapidly approaching. Unless you're willing to end the day with no more discussion and lynch one of the fairly random wagons now, please request also.
To be Continued...
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:12 am

Post by Fuldu »

I think that's a fair point, DarkLight. My vote is still on an initial random bandwagon, I don't have enough information to justify moving it, and I'd rather I did (or to justify deliberately leaving it where it is) before the day ends.

Mod: Deadline extension.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:22 am

Post by Mgm »

I don't think anyone is gonna be surprised, but I'd like to
request a deadline extension
as well. I don't really like to die because of a random bandwagon and I doubt Sapphire would either.
Show
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:34 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Electra wrote:Nanook - What? O.o Mathcam did say that the deadline could be extended, and aren't SapphireVerde and MgM both essentially random bandwagons? Am I missing something? O.<
That is exactly my point. Mathcam did say that he could extend the deadline, but doesn't mean that he will. Plus the SapphireVerde and MgM bandwagons are random, and yet people still have their votes on them knowing that they most likely will be the ones to go come deadline time.

I'm going to
Unvote: Tactix
and
Request Extended Deadline
for the benefit of the town. Hope he extends it ...
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:04 am

Post by Axelrod »

I absolutely agree about the extension. Do I have to bold it?

Request Deadline Extension

Right now, it seems like we are floundering a bit, with some people not really discussing things at all. There are definately issues to talk about, like vote manipulation. I think the suggestion that we all vote the same person is interesting. Means that person is almost certainly never coming back, and if the mafia go back and time and kill them, no one else gets lynched. Is there a downside to this? The trick is getting everyone to agree, but why wouldn't a town agree, right?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”