StefanB
StefanB
Mafia Scum
StefanB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:15 am

Post by StefanB »

Lady: That is not the question I ask myself.
Mine is more: Would scum really be that bold (and dumb sorry) to start the game with such antitownquestions?
I don't like that questions and exspecially not the answers Viscera gave herself.
The second question is good:
In 77: He votes you (as one reason):
refusing to cooperate in town scumhunting operations.
And 82:
As for your second question, the fact that you didn't answer the questions does NOT make you scum.

I would have like to vote the inactive to see if I could get him in the game, but the argument makes the little voice scum wouldn't do that go more sillent and I can't denie that either 77 or 82 is a lye, so
Unvote:

Vote: VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:16 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:StefanB, perhaps YOU will help me here.

What pro-town motivation comes from asking the questions I did?

Why did Viscera LIE about calling me scum for not answering his questions? What pro-town motivation was exhibited there?

As I've said, not answering the questions is NOT why you're scum. Peoples' answers to the questions are just points of reference for later in the game when the situations I brought up arise...people disappearing, stop posting, lurking...and the answers (and the way in which they answered) are going to be useful when we start looking for scummy people. People like you are going to be especially high on my radar for refusing to answer the questions, it's true...but not answering the questions does not make you scum...only suspicious. You're scum because of the reasons I've laid out in a previous post.

I haven't lied in this game once. I may have exaggerated a couple times, perhaps I use hyperbole a bit too boldly....but a liar I am not.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes
Cataracts close the blinds
Let me let comfort come drown by your side.

As Town: 4-4
As Mafia: 5-0
Total Games Completed: 13

Nerd National
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:18 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

VisceraEyes wrote:
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:StefanB, perhaps YOU will help me here.

What pro-town motivation comes from asking the questions I did?

Why did Viscera LIE about calling me scum for not answering his questions? What pro-town motivation was exhibited there?

As I've said, not answering the questions is NOT why you're scum.
Peoples' answers to the questions are just points of reference for later in the game when the situations I brought up arise...people disappearing, stop posting, lurking...and the answers (and the way in which they answered) are going to be useful when we start looking for scummy people.
People like you are going to be especially high on my radar for refusing to answer the questions
, it's true...but not answering the questions does not make you scum...only suspicious. You're scum because of the reasons I've laid out in a previous post.

I haven't lied in this game once. I may have exaggerated a couple times, perhaps I use hyperbole a bit too boldly....but a liar I am not.

Contradictions, ahoy~!
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:26 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

StefanB wrote:Viscera: Why has Lady wasted towns time 3 times, please elaborate the point.
Your question and exspecially your answers were scummy. I am not convinced you are scum, because that would be a very bold move for scum to attack people like that.
For you question: The question that you mean that they are helpful do you mean post 47?
Viscera: Why did you ask Lady exspecially about VeryDark?

1) What is this shit? (I get that she didn't like my response. But as far as town goes its a waste of a post. There weren't even reasons she didn't like it)
2) No I won't answer your fucking questions! (Yes, she like you didn't like my questions. Why won't she answer them? Why doesn't she like them? )
3) Refusing to answer the GAME-RELATED question I kept asking (I literally asked 3 times what she thought of VD. I never got a response. She's busy attacking me.)

And that's just at the time of that post. I know you didn't like my questions, you've made that clear. The reason I asked Lady about Verydark was because we were going back and forth over nothing and I was trying to steer the conversation (HA) in a game-related direction. Clearly I failed, in spite of trying on 3 separate occasions....but that was the intention...trying to get her read on someone other than the one person she's focused on since starting the game. Tell me how that's scummy if you please.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:29 am

VisceraEyes wrote:
StefanB wrote:Viscera: Why has Lady wasted towns time 3 times, please elaborate the point.
Your question and exspecially your answers were scummy. I am not convinced you are scum, because that would be a very bold move for scum to attack people like that.
For you question: The question that you mean that they are helpful do you mean post 47?
Viscera: Why did you ask Lady exspecially about VeryDark?

1) What is this shit? (I get that she didn't like my response. But as far as town goes its a waste of a post. There weren't even reasons she didn't like it)
2) No I won't answer your fucking questions! (Yes, she like you didn't like my questions. Why won't she answer them? Why doesn't she like them? )
3) Refusing to answer the GAME-RELATED question I kept asking (I literally asked 3 times what she thought of VD. I never got a response. She's busy attacking me.)

And that's just at the time of that post. I know you didn't like my questions, you've made that clear. The reason I asked Lady about Verydark was because we were going back and forth over nothing and I was trying to steer the conversation (HA) in a game-related direction. Clearly I failed, in spite of trying on 3 separate occasions....but that was the intention...trying to get her read on someone other than the one person she's focused on since starting the game. Tell me how that's scummy if you please.

1) Expressing displeasure with you
2) Expressing my displeasure with you
3) I'm not going to be deflected away to another player when you are acting like caught scum.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:49 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

Very well. I'll just replace out of the game since I'm so "displeasurable". I'm not scum, but in the name of not giving scum anymore information, I'm not going to claim. Good luck everyone!
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:50 am

VisceraEyes wrote:Very well. I'll just replace out of the game since I'm so "displeasurable". I'm not scum, but in the name of not giving scum anymore information, I'm not going to claim. Good luck everyone!

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:14 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

VisceraEyes wrote:Very well. I'll just replace out of the game since I'm so "displeasurable". I'm not scum, but in the name of not giving scum anymore information, I'm not going to claim. Good luck everyone!

Um whut? Why are you considering claiming before we even have posts from all the players again?

You are likely at 5 votes by my quick mental tally. With 12 alive it is 7 to lynch. You aren't even at L-1 with an offer to hammer ...
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:30 am

Post by verydark »

Whoa there.

Yeah, you're not even at L-1 and we're only on page 4. I personally am holding back judgment about if you're scum or not (you tend to have the same "in-your-face" play style in 1116). If the funny lady is pushing your buttons, push back, or ignore her. I would hardly call your situation hopeless. If a wagon this early in the game really sticks and you did get hammered, I would be pretty upset, especially if you flipped town.

Don't be a quitter...errr....replacerer. You've contributed a lot to this game, whereas many other players have essentially contributed nothing.

I really would like people who sign up for a game...to actually
play the fucking game
. This shit is annoying.
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:33 am

Further... I'm not insultig you... I'm saying that your posts were bad. Like, scummy bad.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:56 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

It's already done, mod is PM'd. I hope for your sake you cut my replacement some slack...you're going to be short a townie if you lynch him based on MY actions.

Whatever. GG
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:12 am

VisceraEyes wrote:It's already done, mod is PM'd. I hope for your sake you cut my replacement some slack...you're going to be short a townie if you lynch him based on MY actions.

Whatever. GG

Insert epic face-palm pic here ..

2. Are you directly asking for a replacement halo for who-ever replaces in? Whut is this ....

3. Appeal to Fear noted.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:15 am

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
VisceraEyes wrote:It's already done, mod is PM'd. I hope for your sake you cut my replacement some slack...you're going to be short a townie if you lynch him based on MY actions.

Whatever. GG

Insert epic face-palm pic here ..

2. Are you directly asking for a replacement halo for who-ever replaces in? Whut is this ....

3. Appeal to Fear noted.

Glad we see eye to eye, Moai.

Even though you're 15 inches taller than me...

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:38 am

Post by verydark »

Wow. Just wow.

Moving on then...
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:12 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Aaaaanyway. Seraphim is replacing kondi2424.

Votecount #4

VisceraEyes(4) IH, SleepyKrew(GenericName), Lady Lambdadelta, StefanB
Lady Lambdadelta(2) Darkcoffeejazz, VisceraEyes
Seraphim(kondi2424)(1) MagnaofIllusion
verydark(1) malpascp
SleepyKrew(GenericName)(1) verydark
MagnaofIllusion(0)
Coventry(0)
SigmaEXE003(0)
IH(0)
malpascp(0)
StefanB(0)
Darkcoffeejazz(0)

Not Voting:Coventry, SigmaEXE003, Seraphim(kondi2424)
With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!

Deadline: Tuesday, July 26th 6:00pm EST

edit:votecount error fixed
Last edited by Gammagooey on Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:37 am

Post by Seraphim »

Hey, hey, hey! It's SEEEEERAAAAAPHIIIIM! Who's ready for a party?! This guy! Because I'm the p-p-p-party MASTER!!!!

I know SleepyKrew vaguely, but I do know MagnaofIllusion quite well and I have played with Lady Lambdadelta a few times before. I also know IH from the forum.

VisceraEyes: This is for you.

Let's get this party started.

Well, Viscera and Coffee seem to be town from their exchange on page 2, Coffee moreso than Viscera, but I get strong town vibes from the both of them.

I also refuse to answer the questions, sorry folks. Waste of t-t-t-time!

....also, VE gets worse and worse as his posting continues.

His exchange with LLD also makes him look absolutely terrible, the OMGUS was a terrible, terrible idea.

Okay.

Vote: VisceraEyes

Come on people. If you sign up for the game, play the game. Yeesh.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:38 am

Post by Seraphim »

People should read games on this site before deciding if they want to play here, seriously.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:44 am

Seraphim wrote:People should read games on this site before deciding if they want to play here, seriously.

Welcome Seraphim. Now we only need Sigma to return from V/LA and we actually have a full working playerlist (- Viscera's replacement but he's given plenty to work with).

And QFT on this statement.

VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:53 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

Nah fuck it...I'm not gonna replace out. I'm gonna let you guys try and lynch me. I'll defend myself, but every time I do it's scummy so there may not be much of that either.

Stay tuned!
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:55 am

Post by Seraphim »

I want to see a votecount first but, just so we're clear here, if it wasn't for Sigma's V/La(when is he coming back?), I would be very much down for lynching VE's slot right now.

If he's not going to let us gauge a read on him accurately(we're on page 5) and fold this easily under pressure, if he's scum, he has done the best possible thing he could have down to cause all the pressure on him to collapse, due to the asylum replacements tend to get in the current meta.

I see VE lurking the forum. If he's willing to keep playing and can handle the hardball, I am willing to hear him out.

P-EDIT: alright, there you go.

Alright. Now I can make a proper case.
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:58 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

Splendid. Let's do it.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:31 am

Post by Seraphim »

I'll have it later. Going to Harry Potter right now(boo-yeah).
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:50 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

My Defense of My RQS Questions

I hope this clears up some of my intentions as to why I asked the things they did for my RQS questions. A few people have called my questions anti-town, which I don't understand. The intention of these questions was solely to get information we can ALL use later in our scumhunting efforts.

1) What are your thoughts on No Lynch as a policy?

I've read several games where toward the end of a day there's no clear lynch candidate in spite of activity and cooperation of everyone in town. There are a few people with maybe a vote or two on them, but no one so blatantly scummy to everyone in town that they can agree to lynch them by majority. My reason for asking this question was to gauge peoples' views on NL Day 1 Policy. I was in no way shape or for suggesting we employ it. I disagree with it as a policy because I agree that if there's a someone scummy enough to lynch on d1, then they shouldn't get a pass because everyone decided not to lynch D1 no matter what. But there are situations where it's called for, and I do NOT agree that just suggesting it in those circumstances should be viewed as scummy. Peoples' views on the policy will hint to their views on the idea in general, which was the information I was really after. At the beginning of the game, when you don't know who you can trust, I find that disguising your questions is the best way to get honest answers.

2) How do you feel about lynching inactives?

This question was designed to get people to give their views on inactivity (how scummy it is, how they feel the mods handle it on this site, etc) before inactivity becomes an issue. That way, later in the game when someone says someone is scummy because of their inactivity, we have a baseline to gauge the honesty of their suspicion.

3) How lurky is lurky to YOU?

This question was selfish in nature, I'll admit. I leave a window with mafiascum open a lot of the time, playing WoW, LoL, SC2, whatever, there's usually a window open with MafiaScum open. I wanted to know who was going to have a problem with this right away because that's something that I'd have to change if too many people find it to be suspicious. I understand that's a suspicious motive, but I'm just trying to be honest. I enjoy Mafia and I'm eager to see what people have to say generally.

In Conclusion

I'd like to apologize to DCJ in particular for slighting his situation in 1110 because I just about fell into the same trap in this game. The crowd is tough here, and I wasn't prepared. I feel like this game in particular is more of a popularity contest than a game of mafia, and I'm one of the goth kids at this party. Clearly I've got a tough road ahead in this game with the suspicion that's on me already, but hopefully I can change some minds. I'm going to unvote Lady because admittedly my suspicions are based on her reactions to my questions, which she clearly misunderstood the intentions of. Her reasons for suspecting what she interpreted the questions to mean was very valid and I disregarded that fact last night in our back and forth. Rather than try and explain myself, I saw it as scummy and voted accordingly. The bickering only fanned the fire.

UNVOTE: Lady Lambdadelta

Thank you.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
SigmaEXE003
SigmaEXE003
Goon
SigmaEXE003
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:34 pm

Post by SigmaEXE003 »

Okay, here I am.

Viscera seems suspicious. He keeps changing his tone all over the place and seeing what sticks. As in, in post 28, he seems to be trying to be intimidating or aggressive. Then after that, he tries to atone for that by saying stuff like 'I'm a nice guy, really. Stop taking things personally.' once he's called out on it. Basically, he starts caring what people think of him. Then with Lady he started being arrogant. Now he 'gives up' and tries to make his replacement's job easier. Once he's called out on it he says 'Just kidding, I'll keep playing.' Now he's trying to be apologetic with reasons seemingly pulled out of his ass.

Basically, what I'm getting at is, scum trying to look like an aggressive and sure-of-himself scumhunter but backtracking when someone doesn't like it. Also on backtracking...
Viscera wrote:VOTE: Lady Lambdadelta

For very scummily jumping on the VE bandwagon based on flimsy reasoning and
refusing to cooperate in town scumhunting operations

Bolded: i.e. Not answering questions.
As for your second question, the fact that you didn't answer the questions does NOT make you scum.

Also, there's the use of Appeal to Emotion strewn throughout.
Darkcoffeejazz
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:56 pm

Post by Darkcoffeejazz »

As much as it pains me to say this, I think it's much too early for any sort of lynch. Especially a VE lynch, who for the most part seems to be the easiest lynch out of everyone here (as of the moment anyway).

Will I be sad if we lynch him anyway? No, not really. But I wouldn't be surprised if he flips town.
Show
100 Vamps or Bust!

"Prepare for the bitter truth."

Town
0/2
Mafia
0/0
Third Party
: 0/0

Return to “Completed Open Games”