populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:15 am

Post by populartajo »

farside22 wrote:
Mod: Please post how many votes it takes to lynch when posting the vote count.
I don't want someone saying "oh I didn't know how many it took to lynch." Then lynches a player without a claim.

So far only 2 town reads. All the joking around is null.
Interested in a few developments.

Fate: Will you be joining us any time soon? You getting anything from this yet?

what developments are you talking about?

who are your town reads?

do you sincerely think a playerlist of our level would lynch a player without a claim?

why do I hate your post so much?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:39 am

Post by farside22 »

populartajo wrote:
farside22 wrote:
Mod: Please post how many votes it takes to lynch when posting the vote count.
I don't want someone saying "oh I didn't know how many it took to lynch." Then lynches a player without a claim.

So far only 2 town reads. All the joking around is null.
Interested in a few developments.

Fate: Will you be joining us any time soon? You getting anything from this yet?

what developments are you talking about?

who are your town reads?

do you sincerely think a playerlist of our level would lynch a player without a claim?

why do I hate your post so much?

1) Fate and what he will say and Regfan.
2)Ythill and LM (llamamarble)
Do you think players should only talk about town reads? If so why?
3)Yes
4) I'll take signs a person has PMS for $200 Alex!
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
a girl on the internet
a girl on the internet
Townie
a girl on the internet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:57 am

Post by a girl on the internet »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Farside

so, like, reggie asked about her town reads and she was all like 'why are you askin about my town reads' and voted him.

but tajo asked and she was all like 'no probs, duder' and gave them up.

whats up with that?
a load of unreasonable, nonsensical play, like a shallow and generally useless version of roflcopter
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:11 am

Post by farside22 »

@a girl

Tajo ask what my town reads were.

Regfan asked:

can you explain your reluctance in outing them?

It's not the same question.

Thank you for playing and proving your not reading the thread accurately.

*places girl on VI list*
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
a girl on the internet
a girl on the internet
Townie
a girl on the internet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:33 am

Post by a girl on the internet »

lol, condescend more plz.

reggie's q was totally legit, anyway.

why say you have 2 town reads but not say who they are? you musta known sumone would ask, why are you actin like it's scummy?

why wasn't tajos q scummy? when reggie asked, you said "Any reason you think sharing town reads is a good idea?" so what's the diff?
a load of unreasonable, nonsensical play, like a shallow and generally useless version of roflcopter
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:48 am

Post by farside22 »

@girl: How is telling people town reads going to help the town, when the objective is to find scum?

That is why regfan's questions is useless fluff. He just wants to know why I'm not sharing them.
Tajo just asked many blunt questions. one of which was what my town reads where.
That is why I stated the questions where different.

To explain better for those who don't understand the difference *cough i bet girl doesn't* cough*

A player wanting to know why another is with holding information that is about the town isn't looking for scum.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:51 am

Post by Regfan »

Ythill, I believe the suspicions were relatively easy to work out though if there's more to them feel free to elaborate on them for me.

Farside, yes, I believe providing town-reads increases the pool of information that we have which is optimal considering the fact that at the current moment the wealth of knowledge mafia have would surpass ours by far as well as providing information that can be used to attain a stronger read of you. Properly understanding someonse reasons behind their reluctance in outting particular reads also increases the ability to read the player. Although I can understand AGOTIs point and you are indeed contradicting yourself as my question was leading towards you outting them I find your stubborness to be one of your strongest town-tells.

Town: Ythill, LLarmable, Farside, Prozac, Fate.
Scum: Ghost
Parabollocks
Parabollocks
Goon
Parabollocks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:08 am

Post by Parabollocks »

unvote

Vote: Elliberth

I don't like you, why?

so much obvtown in here otherwise, stop, it hurts.
Town: 4-1
Scum: 0-1

Going under a mafia personality revelation, my meta will be fluxuating.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:09 am

Post by Regfan »

farside22 wrote:You have a link for him doing that as scum?

Finally got a chance to grab them, in Aggresive Mind Games he was scum and spammed the entire thread early game. In Might of Mordor and Walking Dead Mafia he started the game as town and was late to the game thus didn't spam the thread early game.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:23 am

Post by Porochaz »

Regfan wrote:Ythill, I believe the suspicions were relatively easy to work out though if there's more to them feel free to elaborate on them for me.

Farside, yes, I believe providing town-reads increases the pool of information that we have which is optimal considering the fact that at the current moment the wealth of knowledge mafia have would surpass ours by far as well as providing information that can be used to attain a stronger read of you. Properly understanding someonse reasons behind their reluctance in outting particular reads also increases the ability to read the player. Although I can understand AGOTIs point and you are indeed contradicting yourself as my question was leading towards you outting them I find your stubborness to be one of your strongest town-tells.

Hi Reg, I appreciate your support but Im feeling a bit sad today... Do you feel you could give me your reasons for finding me town to cheer me up slightly?
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:50 am

Post by farside22 »

Regfan: a few questions
Which head of the hydra is playing this game
Why do you have so much meta of Fate?
I had assumed when you made the statement you made it was a game you played with Fate Were one of those games, a game you played with Fate in?

you are indeed contradicting yourself as my question was leading towards you outting them

I'm physic? Really I had no clue I didn't turn my crystal ball on that predicts what a player will do next.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:25 am

Post by Porochaz »

Im physic as well. Gravity is pretty useful, don't want to go floating off into space. Obviously I automatically assume Americans hate putting the letter s onto the end of words like maths.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:31 am

Post by Ythill »

UNVOTE: Fate
VOTE: Regfan
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:58 am

Post by Regfan »

Porochaz, I read your questioning of Tajos town-read on you rather than just accepting it as a town-tell, mafia actually want to be read as town therefore have no reason to continue to draw attention towards them after attaining it.

Farside, I'm going to assume you mean the hydra I used in Round Table, if so I was the much more active head of it (R). I have a lot of meta on Fate because I was/am part of Team Mafia and the other two games were games I followed partially while trying to get back into the swing of forum mafia. I didn't expect you to be a physic though I thought it was common knowledge that my question was going to be leading towards outting them.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:50 am

Post by mykonian »

Votecount

Fate (3): populartajo, DrippingGoofball, Llamarble
Regfan (3): Ellibereth, Farside22, Ythill
Farside22 (1): a girl on the internet
Ghostwriter (1): Regfan
Ellibereth (1): Parabollocks

Not voting (5):Fate, Untrod Tripod, GhostWriter, Porochaz, crypto

With 14 players, it's 8 to lynch
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:57 am

Post by GhostWriter »

Right...

So VOTE: Parabollocks.

Also, since I found this on accident the first time:
@Mod: Could you send out a PM to Fate and Crypto with the link to the game, in case they don't know.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:15 pm

Post by Ythill »

Why the throw-away vote?
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:36 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

I don't like either wagon. However Para is a trail I wish to follow and see where it leads me.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:30 pm

Post by farside22 »

Reg: You were part of team mafia, so you followed the team game? I'm assuming yes on this.
As for the other 2 games, why did you pick those to read up on over other games?
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:03 pm

Post by Ythill »

@GW:
What is it you don't like about them? Seeking information without cooperation seems like a waste of resources. Are your reads on Fate and Reg that firm? If not, why is it important to pigeonhole Para first?
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:05 pm

Post by Llamarble »

Regfan wrote:

Fate is town purely because of the wagon on him which you think is dumb but you also have townreads on most members of the wagon?
Please explain how this works.
VOTE: Regfan
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:12 pm

Post by Ythill »

Nice momentum shift.

Non-voters and non-serious voters should jump into the fray ASAP. I want to see where the chips fall.

Pressure's on, scumbags.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:58 pm

Post by Regfan »

GhostWriter wrote:Also, since I found this on accident the first time:
@Mod: Could you send out a PM to Fate and Crypto with the link to the game, in case they don't know.

This was something I also noticed (Only about Crypto though) and PM'ed the mod about, hopefully it should be sorted out soon.

Farside, yes, I followed the team mafia game because I was part of it. One of the alternate games I followed because RedCoyote was in and I was follow quite a few of his games, the most notable being Rusty Guillotine Mafia which was an amazing read. The other I read because I was trying to get the hang of theme games, I also followed Jurrasic park mafia for that reason as well which ended dissapointingly.

Llarmable, my town-read on Fate has nothing to do with him being wagoned or the people on his wagon. My town-read on him stems from the fact that I believe his activity early game as scum would be huge whereas I've seen him start the game late as town multiple times ie. The games I provided in my prior post.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:08 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

I don't agree with the Fate wagon because it appears to be built off of RVS votes and votes based upon the fact that he hasn't posted. Since I believe he doesn't know the game is actually up, due to my own accidental discovery of the game thread when attempting to look at the player list from the sign-ups thread, I already don't support the latter reasoning. On top of that, scum Fate isn't quiet. I've said it before in some other game with Fate (I think it was SEMG): Regardless of your town meta on him, does it match a scum meta of him? If not, let it go. Not exact wording, but close enough to get the point across. I spent time trying to learn to read scum-Fate after losing to him once before, so I'm content to wait for him to show up before I make any read on him. So I guess it's not about the read being firm, it's that there is not read, and no need for me to vote onto the wagon to pressure a person I don't even think is here.

Reg seemed to have reached the same conclusion as I had when I read through, and backed off the wagon, as well as challenging it. However, as noted already on this page, his town reads are kinda wonky. But that wagon has the pressure to take care of him, and I feel that adding my vote and/or voice to it will end up with accusations of "OMGUS", which throw a smokescreen, but end up being, ultimately, null, because town and scum would call it OMGUS. And I want to see his reaction without messing it up.

So instead of possibly unintentionally derailing that line of pressure, I went to look for someone else who would be viable for pressure. I considered AGOTI because I feel like her accusation against Farside is a misrep, however I also kinda agree with Farside that AGOTI seems kinda VI-ish, and I don't feel like dealing with that on page 3. So I move on, and see Para. Para's last post doesn't sit right with me, specifically the "so much obvtown in here otherwise, stop, it hurts" bit. Non-specific mentioning of obvtown players, nothing added to say why, felt like an easy attempt at appealing early, when it's easy to get away with it. And before anyone quotes me on the "nothing added to say why" part, I originally did not post anything due to wanting to just put vote pressure on Para and see what reaction I'd get, but I think this is better.

Preview Edit: Seems I was right about Reg reaching the same conclusion.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:05 pm

Post by Llamarble »

VOTE: populartajo
I want to hear from Fate/Crypto. I am currently working under the assumption that they simply haven't seen the thread yet, except situation is kind of awkward because I feel like if scum they would have and also there was never a confirmation stage...

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”