Newbie 1136: DarthYoshi's Dystopia of Death (Fin--who won?!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
SoulBlade
SoulBlade
Townie
SoulBlade
Townie
Townie

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:44 pm

Post by SoulBlade »

Ghostlin: I think I have to agree with AeRyung here, she has good arguments against BKWN. Sometimes a scum wants to blend
too
much into the town by overly doing his role (blending into the town) by talking and saying the things similar to BKWN said.

VOTE: Unvote
VOTE: Vote: BKWN
When in doubt, say -
Trve Norsk Blækk Mettal
//
[Last.fm]
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:43 pm

Post by theamatuer »

unfortunately no, I cannot see anything suspicious. It might just be that I didn't read it throughly, but it is rather hard to analyze everything considering this is my 1st time here.
Also, BWKM does not have enough stuff posted to make a full analysis.
L-2 on BKWM, comments?
Its just whatever
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:33 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Day One, Vote Count the Third

BKWM (2): SoulBlade, theamatuer
AeRyung (1): BKWM
theamatuer (2): ConSpiracy, Ghostlin
Not Voting (4): paradox, Morthas, AeRyung, Ibarra

FTR, Ghostlin, I had to actually think about it to realize who you were voting for when I first saw your vote. Since you clarified it later, I'm counting it, but had you not, I would have asked for clarification. To my (admittedly warped and definitely uncaffeinated) mind, that was not an abbreviation that immediately made sense to me. Sorry for needing you to humor me on this one. :)

Prodding paradox.

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch, and 5 to no-lynch.

The deadline is currently set for: 12:00 noon, Pacific Daylight Time (GMT - 7), Saturday, August 13.

As ever, any questions or concerns, please let me know.
Last edited by DarthYoshi on Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
paradox
paradox
Townie
paradox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:13 am

Post by paradox »

Hey Sorry, I am on a short family trip. My timezone remains the same.
I WILL be active.
I have read everything and found nothing suspicious.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:23 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

paradox wrote:Hey Sorry, I am on a short family trip. My timezone remains the same.
I WILL be active.

paradox,

if you feel so inclined, let me know (via PM if you wish) the dates of your trip so that I can count them as V/LA time and not against your 72-hour prod time. Feel free to let me know if/when circumstances like that arise in the future as well. Short absences within reason are fine and completely understandable, just let me know. Enjoy the trip. -DY

Additionally, to everyone:

Notification of a rules change:

After paradox replied, I realized checking my ruleset that I had forgotten to add a point under the activity section of declaring vacation/limited access. That is poor planning on my part, and I apologize to all of you and especially to paradox. I have inserted the following rule to the ruleset:

3. To declare V/LA status, simply post in bold the dates that you expect to be absent or have a limited presence in the game. This time will not count against you for prod deadlines. At the moderator's discretion, if the declared V/LA time is too long (typically more than a week IRL), or if V/LA time is taken too frequently (typically more than half of a gameday, i.e., 10-11 IRL days) the moderator may ask you to replace out.
BKWM
BKWM
Townie
BKWM
Townie
Townie

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:00 pm

Post by BKWM »

@Soulblade: if you want to look for people trying too hard to blend in, I would suggest people such as yourself or Morthas or paradox, who haven't posted enough for any sort of even semi-effective analysis. Although I will grant that it is too early in the game for that to be an effective argument, and that you have been posting, and that they have legitimate reasons for not posting. I am very actively scum-hunting, although granted, I am not too terribly good at it. Yet. That's what practice is for.

@theamatuer: you are at L-2 as well, good sir. So here is my opinion on you in hopes of hearing a satisfactory defense out of you: You seem to want to be dodging suspicion by pointing the finger at everyone else, and by attempting to get bandwagons going on everyone else, while at the same time, you are at L-2, and have not done
anything
other than barely acknowledge that you were voted for at all. If you weren't already at L-2, I would vote for you. As is,
IGMEOY, theamatuer

@AeRyung: I would side with Ghostlin in that you were being silly in not actually voting for me, but now I'm at L-2 anyway, so I would appreciate it if right now you used your vote elsewhere, so that we are ensured a full and in depth discussion on Day 1.

@Morthas&paradox: thoughts? even if you have no suspicions, you're opinions can only help us find the scum. when you get the time, paradox, no pressure. Enjoy your family time.
BKWM
BKWM
Townie
BKWM
Townie
Townie

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:04 pm

Post by BKWM »

EBWOP
UNVOTE: AeRyung
VOTE: Morthas for only having one post.
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:29 pm

Post by theamatuer »

actually, I may have counted the votes wrong somehow. According to DarthYoshi, were both at L-3.
Also, if you want my defense, you should post out my flaws first
Its just whatever
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:55 pm

Post by Morthas »

The amateur wrote:To AeRyung: You could also vote the IC, but then everyone else would say that it is a scummy action and lynch you

Voting anyone can be seen as suspicious if you don't follow it up with reasoning.

BMW wrote:Why is voting the IC a scummy thing to do. He is every bit as likely to be scum as anyone else, so it is actually Townie to apply pressure to him as well as anyone else.

Also UNVOTE: Paradox
VOTE: Goslin for being the most experienced, and therefore dangerous, potential scum. And also to prove the above point.

I fail to see the logic behind this, it's obviously not a serious vote (serious being, a vote with the intention to lynch) so it's a pressure vote right? The reasoning behind this pressure vote is because ''he's too good'' but my question is, if ''he's too good'' then it goes without saying he will see through your ruse so what does your vote accomplish? By pointing out you have no real reason to vote him you destroy any pressure that might have been applied to him.
ConSpiracy wrote:
theamatuer wrote:
Ibarra wrote:
a)
The entire point of RVS is using your vote to draw out more information. (To see how other people react to it, etc.)

If that's the case, shouldn't it be better to bring someone to L-1, see how they react then move to each other person in order?

b)Let's find that out.
Vote: Ghostlin

a) Don't say that unless you are questioned, it takes away your vote's potential to actually pressure someone
b)
I find it suspicious you put an IC L-1
Nevermind, i doublechecked >.>

Ibarrha wrote:Why are you trying to deter people from voting you by saying that you will post a lot. I find that suspicious.

Why aren't you replacing your RVS vote with a genuine one? I find THAT suspicious.

Amateur wrote:No, normally I post whenever I'm online and somebody else posts, so I do take a lot of the thread. That's in other forums of course.
And I got lynched in day 1 on other games as well, so I'm kind apprehensive about it.

Don't give up! Keep playing in your natural way, people will sooner or later understand.

Ghoslin wrote:Out of the things I've pointed out---the inclination towards self presevation is the MOST scummy, so I will:

Speaking from experience, how often than not can you say that scum has shown signs of self preservation over town (especially newbies).

AeRy wrote:@BKWM: I have stated in an earlier post that It was my very first game, and that is the truth. Knowing myself, if I was scum, I would probably never say something like that because the slightest dialog of reason would grab the attentions of the ones who are either experienced, or someone who would vote out of instinct(you).

Obvnewbtown.

@Morthas: *whispers* I feel so lost without you. Anyone remember this? (Balto, great movie.)

NO! Explain.

Amateur wrote:unvote.
vote: ConSpiracy
lets start the L-2

Atleast PRETEND it's a serious vote, you know, so it has some effectiveness. On another note, i am getting a gut feeling the amateur is town.

BMW wrote: I will continue to get under your skin as much as I possibly can,

I like this quote. Very, very much.

Soul wrote:Great discussion, I learnt a lot about voting and mafia games overall. Sorry I wasn't posting - I wasn't feeling well yesterday.

That's great, now that you are on the pc, start posting.

Amateur wrote:I'm trying to get an L-2 on him, which then hopefully we can pry an acceptable defense out of him, like I said earlier.

But, but, you didn't accuse him of anything.

AeRyu wrote:I said I find you suspicious because of your elaborateless reasoning as to why you voted for the people you did. But then again, there isn't much to elaborate without a good amount of info. Though, your last post has increased my FoS on you. You are quite aggitated by my post of suspicion, I sensed an irritation in your writing. Here are some reasons why I suspect you. First, you lost your composure to my FoS. Second, you revealed your "plan" (Why?). Third, when you said "unless you are scum, in which case feel free to get so pissed you cant type straight." It sounds like an attempted provocation, or alternitavely, a way to get FoS off of yourself, desperately.

I can see that being truth.
VOTE: BMW

I was going to point out that explaining your plan makes it loose it's effectiveness but there have been enough people who have already did so.

BMW wrote:@Soulblade: if you want to look for people trying too hard to blend in, I would suggest people such as yourself or Morthas or paradox, who haven't posted enough for any sort of even semi-effective analysis. Although I will grant that it is too early in the game for that to be an effective argument, and that you have been posting, and that they have legitimate reasons for not posting. I am very actively scum-hunting, although granted, I am not too terribly good at it. Yet. That's what practice is for.

Trying to deflect, are we?

You are L-2 now, BMW.
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:56 pm

Post by Morthas »

Woo, i caught up.
Capitalism, ho
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:04 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

BKWM wrote:@Soulblade:
if you want to look for people trying too hard to blend in, I would suggest people such as yourself or Morthas or paradox, who haven't posted enough for any sort of even semi-effective analysis.
Although I will grant that it is too early in the game for that to be an effective argument, and that you have been posting, and that they have legitimate reasons for not posting. I am very actively scum-hunting, although granted, I am not too terribly good at it. Yet. That's what practice is for.

@theamatuer: you are at L-2 as well, good sir. So here is my opinion on you in hopes of hearing a satisfactory defense out of you: You seem to want to be dodging suspicion by pointing the finger at everyone else, and by attempting to get bandwagons going on everyone else, while at the same time, you are at L-2, and have not done
anything
other than barely acknowledge that you were voted for at all. If you weren't already at L-2, I would vote for you. As is,
IGMEOY, theamatuer

@AeRyung: I would side with Ghostlin in that you were being silly in not actually voting for me, but now I'm at L-2 anyway, so I would appreciate it if right now you used your vote elsewhere, so that we are ensured a full and in depth discussion on Day 1.

@Morthas&paradox: thoughts? even if you have no suspicions, you're opinions can only help us find the scum. when you get the time, paradox, no pressure. Enjoy your family time.

*cough* CONspiracy/Ibarra *cough* In fact, more people need to contribute in general; those of who ARE contributing are trying to scumhunt, for the most part.

If it was later in the day, would you freely use your vote to put TM at L-1?

theamatuer wrote:actually, I may have counted the votes wrong somehow. According to DarthYoshi, were both at L-3.
Also, if you want my defense, you should post out my flaws first

Are you saying "What is your case so I can defend myself?"

BKWM is accusing you of trying to start and maintain different bandwagons in attempt to preserve yourself. (This is from my understanding of #80.) I'm accusing you of using the 'I don't want to be lynched Day 1' as an excuse to preserve yourself. We're both pointing out that this isn't town behavior--although BKWM, considering the bolded, is this in fact the pot calling the kettle black?

FoS: BKWM
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:00 pm

Post by Morthas »

Since most people(Ahem, paradox) have posted sufficiently I am going to ask
Who do you think is our scum? (Gut feelings are good too, some stances would be great).
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:04 pm

Post by Morthas »

paradox wrote:Hey Sorry, I am on a short family trip. My timezone remains the same.
I WILL be active.

Getting a feeling that this isn't something scum would say, especially for a newbie since the mentallity of a newbie would be more paranoid and stop him from saying '' i have nothing to say''.
Thoughts?
Capitalism, ho
Ibarra
Ibarra
Goon
Ibarra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:01 pm

Post by Ibarra »

Mod: Please replace me. I can't seem to handle the pace of this game.

I forgot how the pace of the games here are faster compared to the ones I play at another forum.
Red text is for facts.

Blue text is for accusations.
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:04 pm

Post by Morthas »

Sad. :[
I'll miss your avatar.
Capitalism, ho
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:12 am

Post by theamatuer »

To morthas: don't rely on your gut feelings, or at the very least don't tell anybody that. Try to set facts to go along your suspicions, since that gives a greater amount of believability to them. At the very least, that makes it look less like a scumtell.
...Actually, I'm screwing myself over here, aren't I?
Also, I'm creating bandwagons to help others get defenses, since I myself do not find anything suspicious about anybody YET. I'll be more aggresive later, for now I'll help at bandwagons, even myself's later to get more evidence.
Of course, that is if self-voting does not cause being Slew-By-Darth's-Sith-Dinosaur-Lightsaber (aka modkilled)
Its just whatever
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:47 am

Post by Morthas »

theamatuer wrote:To morthas: don't rely on your gut feelings, or at the very least don't tell anybody that. Try to set facts to go along your suspicions, since that gives a greater amount of believability to them. At the very least, that makes it look less like a scumtell.
...Actually, I'm screwing myself over here, aren't I?
Also, I'm creating bandwagons to help others get defenses, since I myself do not find anything suspicious about anybody YET. I'll be more aggresive later, for now I'll help at bandwagons, even myself's later to get more evidence.
Of course, that is if self-voting does not cause being Slew-By-Darth's-Sith-Dinosaur-Lightsaber (aka modkilled)

Wut?
Give me a quote about so i know what you are talking about please :/
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:49 am

Post by Morthas »

theamatuer wrote:

Self voting could be a useful tool as scum :] If you want the day to end before discussion develops and/or PR power planning ends you can end the day with a selfvote.
So no, selfvoting doesn't get you modkilled.
Capitalism, ho
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:12 am

Post by theamatuer »

Actually, no. Selfvoting cannot help your goal, as you are supposed to play to your win condition. Unless you are a Jester, selfvoting cannot help you, as Mafia's goal is to stay alive, while towns goal is to lynch the mafia through discussion, and selfvoting stops the discussion early and prevents others from hearing more of what you say, which can help a lot even if you are lynched.
And.
DarthYoshi wrote:The Slain-By-My-Sith-Dinosaur-Lightsaber (aka modkilled):
None, and let's keep it that way.
Its just whatever
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:47 am

Post by Morthas »

For mafia, Self voting can be done with the motivation of achieving your win condition :]
Take what i said before and put it in a scenario with 2 Mafia, 1 of them is going to be lynched 100% and he is at the time at L-1. In that situation, self voting is a good idea.
Capitalism, ho
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:10 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Self voting is not a modkillable offense.

Initiating a search to replace Ibarra.

Prodding ConSpiracy.

I will have a fresh vote count up tomorrow. As ever, any questions or concerns, let me know!
paradox
paradox
Townie
paradox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:41 am

Post by paradox »

Morthas wrote:Since most people(Ahem, paradox) have posted sufficiently I am going to ask
Who do you think is our scum? (Gut feelings are good too, some stances would be great).

I´ve read everything, the only thing that
seems
slightly suspicious to me is BKWM
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:03 am

Post by Morthas »

paradox wrote:
Morthas wrote:Since most people(Ahem, paradox) have posted sufficiently I am going to ask

seems

Why is he slightly suspicious? If it's because you agree with someone, why are their reasons more valid?
Capitalism, ho
Morthas
Morthas
Goon
Morthas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:04 am

Post by Morthas »

EBWOP: Remove the ''more''
Capitalism, ho
paradox
paradox
Townie
paradox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:22 am

Post by paradox »

Morthas wrote:
paradox wrote:

seems

Why is he slightly suspicious? If it's because you agree with someone, why are their reasons more valid?

Reasoning without evidence is not as valid as Reasoning with evidence.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”