Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:59 pm

Post by Whiskers »

Worst case scenario, (for my survivability,) I get lynched.
Y'all could lynch a player who was mafia, you could lynch a player who was
More
powerful than me. Could be better or worse. Either way, me feeling sick to my stomach from whatever I just drank has helped me to realize that I won't hear the end of this bullshit until I post something. Give me a couple of minutes.
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
LTP Mafia
LTP Mafia
Townie
LTP Mafia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:10 pm

Post by LTP Mafia »

VOTE WHISKERS

Whiskers is the only person whos really stood out so far
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:08 pm

Post by Whiskers »

Gotta start with a lame player: Monk. yep, I capitalized your name.
ISO:
Spoiler: monk
1, Confirm.
2, fluff.
3, Weak reason to cast a vote. Especially since we're out of rvs, I guess, and I look scummy.
4, votes me, finally. Gives a Bullshit reason though, 'talking about scumhunting isn't scumhunting." Well, I wasn't talking about it. You were.
Then he begs Owlbear for his list. Why?

Spoiler: ISO -1, since it starts at #0!?
1, /foncirm. Already joking, I see. Still it's post #3, i think that means he was the first to conf.
2, banter and checking up on history with another player
3, the end result to that history checking-- Panacea played a good scumgame, apparently. Also, here he reassures me, saying "I'm sure he had a good reason" for the nightkill. What kind of good reason? This doesn't look like a joke-- I mean, it's not formatted in a way that tells me it is a joke. It's not just being silly or something, like his conf. post.
4, I hope you're joking here. If you think I'm town, playing in a very VERY different style than usual, and that probably means I'm mafia.
5, Meh. weak vote on bobsnox who, as far as I can tell, didn't have any idea what was going on. Apparently a tl player, who dr, he just walked onto a battlefield with a bag full of "Derp."
6, Accusing bobsnox of not posting when he wasn't supposed to be posting.I'm surprised the mod didn't come in and tell us to stop it, I thought he would.
7, Still doesn't give an explanation for his bogus read on me. Then is still (U)MAD at bobsnox for not posting when nobody should have been posting. Then goes on to gently explain away my yellow analogy in the same way Pana-- it was Pana, right?-- did, or will, or does. I forget, chronologically.

Oop, and I guess that was his last post.

Ha, ha, ha. OMGUS LTR, time to do his. He only has two post though. one being his confirm, the other being a response to a prod and giving no explanation as to Why he's voting for me. Well, except that I'm "the only one who stands out." Thanks for you fantastic insight and scumhunting. Man, where would we be without you?

Wait, is that Hammer?
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:10 pm

Post by Whiskers »

That's LTR, my bad, and Nope, that's not a lynch. Must have gotten confused with another of my games, where I'm the top lynch candidate.
More ISOs in a bit.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:12 pm

Post by Whiskers »

EBWOP: No wait, that was ME that said LTR. LTP Mafia. Sorry about the name thing, bro.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:56 pm

Post by Whiskers »

Here's one that's a bit more meaty. Almost nearly ten posts! WOW! Not bad for the first couple of days of Day 1, plus some pregame stuff.
Come on guys, why don't any of you post?
Anyway,
Spoiler: Panacea, ISOs
0, confpost. aknowledges her link to iamusername.
1, Says that her NK of him (in another game) should be taken as a compliment.
2, Wishes the Mod a Happy Birthday. Really we probably all should have done this, a happy mod makes better games.
3, legitimate player-to-moderator bullshit question post.
4, Decent, reasonable stuff. Won't go into detail, look it up yourself. All of it's good here... mostly. I tried to explain the self-sacrafice thing as a stronger version of "I'll eat my hat," but it didn't make me look better. also, not sure why it's such a big deal that bobsnox took his RANDOM vote off after he got shot for it. The random vote in the first place was dumb, but I've talked a bit about that.
5, bullshit. not fluff exactly, because it's related to the game. Talks about not liking to pressure lurkers, accuses bobsnox of walking onto the battlefield with a bag full of Derp.
6, Tries to get iamusername to explain why he thinks I'm town. +1. Explains to monk why she didn't vote for bobsnox anyway-- it was real weak. Kay.
7, No, I wouldn't say that. I'm not entierly sure what you mean, but if it means what I think it means, then, no, I wouldn't say that.
8, What does, "early targetted town" mean? And what does it have to do with you not liking my playstyle, and what does it have to do with not liking YOUR playstyle!?
Then, I don't really have a great read on any player yet-- although, this whole thing is helping a lot. already explained that what looked really scummy (Friend) in a pool of three players looks comparatively less scummy in a pool of fourteen. Or, thirteen, apparently. The reference to a "dead mouse" is when I volunteered to be a lynch in a game, and one player replaced in and began tunneling me until he got me lynched. He wasted his time, the town's time, because they couldn't have a conversation about anything else, for some reason. I said that he was a cat who was trying to catch a dead mouse.
It's catchy. I like it.

Substrike22:
Spoiler: Substrike, ISOs
0, confirm.
1, OMG DAYKILL!? Maybe I overreacted to this-- You all seem pretty certain that I did. I am not.
2, Joking, then says he's found scum. How you so sure, bro?
3, No, he wasn't dead YET. There's nothing to say that the mod wasn't going to come in and say "oh yeah, and that daykill worked and now Scumhunter, Doctor Cop, has been Day Killed. It is now Night One."
4, Is calling someone a moron for not getting a joke Appealing to Emotion? In anycase, how is my point on Friend "interesting"? If I wanted to deflect away from myself, or OMGUS somebody, I'd have voted for YOU, Substrike22, not Friend.
5, Modfluff
6, Votes me, tells us to refer back to his pregame stuff. I assume you mean #2 and #4? Or just #4??
7, Tells me I'm scum. I'm scum for something I didn't do (or rather, doing something that I didn't threaten to do), and for my thing about his Daykill on Scumhunter.
8, quotes me with no additions.
... whatever!
9, All of it true, up until the point where 'all of this discussion about how I'm not scum verses who is scum.' What do you want me to do? This is why I called myself a dead mouse, Panacea. Well, an end to how I'm not scum, I've found a new hobby.
Then of course, there's the bit about Friend. i made it almosst immediately after he declared with unbelievable confidence that i was scum. I don't think I ws grabbing at straws, and I wasn't trying to start a wagon so much as point out that what Friend was doing was bullshit.
10, Hey hey, double digits. Here Substrike22 complains about lack of activity. That is certainly a problem with this game. Accuses bobsnox for inactivity. Why is everyone up in bobsnox's grill, I wonder. It's not like he's the only player to not be playing.
Then there's more deadmouse catching. I decided to stop defending myself, that apparently is an appeal to emotion.
Then some stuff, I don't like it, but I suppose it's valid.
11, Isn't THAT an appeal to emotion? Also, I'm pretty sure nobody at this point had brought up tunneling, let alone accused you of it. Why bring it up if you don't think you're doing it?
Last edited by Bub Bidderskins on Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:57 pm

Post by Whiskers »

Son of a bitch.
Mod, can you fix that to spoiler= please?

Your wish has been granted. I'll go back into my magical lantern now.
Last edited by Bub Bidderskins on Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:35 pm

Post by Bub Bidderskins »

Vote count 1.1

(5) Whiskers: Friend, Substrike22, Tovarish, monk, LTP Mafia [L-2]

(1) bobsnox: iamausername [L-6]

(7) Not Voting: Panacea, crappy, Scumhunter, bobsnox, Noramp, Whiskers, cloudocean

With
alive it will take
to lynch
Show
Total: 17/15/1
Town: 10/13/1
Scum: 7/2/0
Other: 0/0/0

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:58 pm

Post by Friend »

mod wrote:Friend, Substrike22, Tovarish, monk, LTP Mafia

Someone on this wagon is scum. I think it's monk or LTP. Leaning towards LTP.
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:15 pm

Post by Tovarish »

Unvote

Strikes me as a bit risky to bring us to L-2 this early. That said, I'm not exactly smitten by Whiskers' tone. At all, especially given his mandate that the rest of us should go a'hunting.

Substrike, I may be speaking on my own here, but I'm almost never convinced by other payers positing that behavior in past games is indicative of fairly constant patterns in this games. It's the whole correlation vs. causation thing. Maybe I've just been doing too much LSAT practice.

Could someone tell me what a dead mouse is? Also, on a much more reasonable note- I believe I shall be able to post with a great deal more frequency in the coming days. My apologies for the sporadic nature of the posts.
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:52 am

Post by Tovarish »

EDIT- No need to explain Dead mouse.
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:59 am

Post by Whiskers »

We'll hold you to that -- I mean, you'll be expected to post more frequently.

@Friend: Why not
Both
of them?
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:05 am

Post by Friend »

I don't think scum would hop on a wagon one right after another.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:29 am

Post by Whiskers »

Hmm, perhaps. I looked and It DOES appear to be in chronological order-- at least, LTP did vote after monk did.
There WAS a page of fluff in between though.

I don't know, I still like the idea of monk as scum. Well, w/e. Chances are he's just a badtown player. Why do we get so many of those here?

monk, get your ass in here and post some content.
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:39 am

Post by Tovarish »

Whiskers: there's many differences between scumhunting, and just being rude. Chiefly, you're doing one of them.
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:50 am

Post by Tovarish »

IAM- I haven't seen you really clarify any kind of reason for why you think Whiskers would be Town, and the reason we have these sorts of limits on posting is so individuals post within a minimum expected timeframe. I would have a hard time declaring someone who is adhering to those minimums to be 'not exactly pro-Town' if he is acting within the expectations of the game. It would be far from prudent of us to start penalizing people for doing things outside of playing mafia, if they are still playing Mafia.
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:58 am

Post by Panacea »

Whiskers wrote:
Panacea wrote:I'm not liking Whiskers's play at all, but I've been insta-targeted Town and not liked my play, either.
First, I've gotta ask what this means.
My last mini (which was also my first mini) saw my worst play ever, because I came in trying to make a joke that made me an instant target. VP Baltar even called me the "lowest-hanging fruit." I think I was at like L-2 by page 2 or something. It was so much pressure so quickly that I played terribly and got my slot lynched. I was Vanilla. I'm definitely not saying you're not scum, but I am taking your erratic play with a grain of salt for that reason at the moment.

Scumhunter wrote:Hi.
Scumhunter, post more than that, please.

Ohh... But I'm catching up on page 5 now, and that whole grain of salt thing is waning.

LTP Mafia wrote:
VOTE WHISKERS.

Whiskers is the only person whos really stood out so far
I'm pretty sure we're out of RVS by now, by the way.

Whiskers wrote:Must have gotten confused with another of my games, where I'm the top lynch candidate.
This is... telling...

Tovarish, did your unvote have anything to do with Friend's preceding post, wherein he mentions thinking there was scum on the Whiskers wagon?

Tovarish wrote:Whiskers: there's many differences between scumhunting, and just being rude. Chiefly, you're doing one of them.
Agreed.

Inactivity in this game is pretty intense.

Bobsnox: 52+ hours since your last post.

Whoa. I started iso-ing everyone to see how long it's been since they've posted. Scumhunter, you have contributed absolutely nothing and we're almost to page 6. Seriously, now, post more.
Town: 2. 2.
Scum: 2. 1.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:05 am

Post by Substrike22 »

"How you so sure, bro?". I'm always sure.

Secondly on the Scumhunter point above, there is truth, but I also feel it fits his meta... he plays quiet at the beginning then pegs 2/3 scum on his first post of the game (assuming he's town.) so I'm not too worried about it at this point. Especially with Whiskers still around. But I saw something...

Whiskers wrote: The first doesn't serve any purpose, the second would be harmful to town and I won't do it anyway, But If I do something so obviously scum-telling as that, I would not resist a lynch. I'd hang my head and cry.

@ Whiskers, yes or no to what I quote there? If you don't know what I'm talking about the answer is probably no. Just trying to see if I'm reading part of that quote correctly.

Tovarish wrote:
Substrike, I may be speaking on my own here, but I'm almost never convinced by other payers positing that behavior in past games is indicative of fairly constant patterns in this games. It's the whole correlation vs. causation thing. Maybe I've just been doing too much LSAT practice.

I agree about inactivity being a null read, but with Bobsnox my issue is that he actually HAS posted in the game (10 times) and none of the posts have any content. That's scummy. Whereas the people who didn't pick up prods, have been prodded, etc.... that could all just be laziness, instead of blatant active lurking. Do you follow?
Tovarish
Tovarish
Goon
Tovarish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:32 am

Post by Tovarish »

Yeah, I follow.

And to answer your question, Panacea it's a yes and a no. Not in the most literal sense - such as 'if I
m off the wagon I must not be scum' but more of a wariness of how many players in this game are actually part of the Mafia that haven't been on the wagon. I was simply operating under the fear that I may be ennabling some of the resident scum to bumrush the wagon and force a hammer before some of our more sedentary friends took their opportunities to weigh in on the game.
Not Present 2/19-2/20
Noramp
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:20 am

Post by Noramp »

VOTE: monk
Yarr Owlbear!
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:46 am

Post by Whiskers »

Tovarish wrote:Whiskers: there's many differences between scumhunting, and just being rude. Chiefly, you're doing one of them.

Really? I bet it's the first one.

@Panacea: Where does your grain of salt wane? be specific.
And, yes, you've mentioned the RAGING inactivity in this game. Gonna do something about it.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:39 am

Post by iamausername »

Tovarish wrote:IAM- I haven't seen you really clarify any kind of reason for why you think Whiskers would be Town

This is probably because I haven't yet clarified any reason why I think Whiskers is town.

I have become further convinced that Whiskers is town based on more recent posting, in case anyone was interested.

Friend wrote:
Friend, Substrike22, Tovarish, monk, LTP Mafia

Someone on this wagon is scum.

Yes. By my estimation, it's most likely monk, then Friend, then LTP, then Tovarish, then Substrike.

Tovarish wrote:I would have a hard time declaring someone who is adhering to those minimums to be 'not exactly pro-Town' if he is acting within the expectations of the game.

I didn't say bobsnox was not exactly pro-town, I said his
attitude
was not exactly pro-town. Or rather, the attitude that Noramp attributed to him.

The fact that bobsnox is not exactly pro-town either is a fascinating coincidence.

Panacea wrote:Bobsnox: 52+ hours since your last post.

52+ hours in which he has made 23 posts onsite outside of this game, too. I guess he forgot about us again.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:18 pm

Post by Bub Bidderskins »

MusicNinja
replaces
cloudocean
. Thanks MusicNinja!
Show
Total: 17/15/1
Town: 10/13/1
Scum: 7/2/0
Other: 0/0/0

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
MusicNinja
MusicNinja
Goon
MusicNinja
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:20 pm

Post by MusicNinja »

/confirm

Just let me read up on what's happened, then I'll get right to scum hunting. Looking forward to playing with you all!
"Music is an art, not a sport" - Myles Kennedy of Alter Bridge
MusicNinja
MusicNinja
Goon
MusicNinja
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:37 pm

Post by MusicNinja »

So far, Whiskers seems the most scummy to me. However, I do NOT like the bandwaggon that is starting to form on him. It's way too early in the day to lynch somebody. We need to give him a good chance to defend himself. Hasty votes lead to loses. We also need to decide what we should do IF we lynch Whiskers and he flips town. Who is the next suspect? What if he flips scum? Who do we think his parters are? As scummy as he seems, we should not hammer whiskers yet. There is still much work to be done today as far as scum hunting.
"Music is an art, not a sport" - Myles Kennedy of Alter Bridge

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”