Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:25 am

Post by Whiskers »

What? No, it was quoted.

Do you want it to count? Why is it so important to you that I vote? I'm already a dead mouse, cat, so stop trying catch me.
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:26 am

Post by Whiskers »

Sorry, it was Friend pushing Pana to vote people.

Still, I'm curious: Why do you ask? Is it important that I vote Friend again?
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:18 am

Post by Bub Bidderskins »

Vote count 1.1

(3) Whiskers: Friend, Substrike22, Tovarish [L-4]

(1) bobsnox: iamausername [L-6]

(1) Panacea: monk [L-6]

(8) Not Voting: Panacea, LTP Mafia, crappy, Scumhunter, bobsnox, Noramp, Whiskers, cloudocean

With
alive it will take
to lynch
Show
Total: 17/15/1
Town: 10/13/1
Scum: 7/2/0
Other: 0/0/0

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
Noramp
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:33 am

Post by Noramp »

No i was just curious if the pregame vote counted. however, beyond the fact that there are more people playing you still felt Friend was suspicious enough to vote (in pregame) so why now that their are more people has your suspicion of him dropped off?
Yarr Owlbear!
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:14 am

Post by Whiskers »

of the three of us, he was the one that was obvscum. In a three person game, there can only be one mafia, so really, I only had to focus on him

Now we have a game where there could be as many of four mafia (I estimate), and while he is my top suspect, he is not much scummier looking than the rest.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:46 am

Post by Friend »

If I was obvscum back then, surely I'm still obvscum now?
Noramp
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:02 am

Post by Noramp »

there were three people posting not three people in the game. there's no logical solution for thinking one of the three of you had to have been scum. your logic is assuming that you were playing two separate games.

Why is he your top suspect if he is no scummier than the rest?
Yarr Owlbear!
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:03 am

Post by Friend »

Whiskers wrote:he is not much scummier looking than the rest.

Who's "the rest?"
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:26 am

Post by Whiskers »

Can I say it like this?:

Let's say we have three colors, yellow, blue and green. One of these is much more obviously yellow that the others, while green has some yellow in it, and blue none at all, yellow is the yellowest.

Now, let's add ten more colors. These colors all have yellow in them to, to varying degrees. Yellow, though it still is quite yellow, is a bit more hidden in the tide of yellowish colors. While it may, in fact, be one of the three most yellow colors, now there are other colors to analyze.
__
I'm having a really hard time explainin ghtis in a way that makes sense.
monk
monk
Goon
monk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:01 pm

Post by monk »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: whiskers

Talking about scumhunting isn't scumhunting

noramp, top scumpicks?
Modding:
Village 13 is now in Day 4, 1 replacement needed
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:10 pm

Post by Whiskers »

Silly filly, I wasn't talking about scumhunting!
Noramp
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:24 pm

Post by Noramp »

well considering the only real conversation has been between me and whiskers it would be hard to pick anyone other than Whiskers but since we are essentially in the stage just after RVS it is a little unfair to ask for scumpicks.

Monk what have you done to scumhunt other than to inform us that talking about it isnt doing it?
Yarr Owlbear!
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:29 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

Whiskers wrote:
I'm having a really hard time explainin ghtis in a way that makes sense.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:32 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

Noramp wrote:I'm a little weary of this Whiskers wagon and the speed of which it is gaining momentum. Let us not forget we have all of D1 to decide not just pregame.

I somewhat agree but also encourage early wagoning, though a lynch in the second RL day of D1 would piss me off.

Whiskers is clearly acting scum. Early reaction to a random day-vig (which somewhat implicates Scumhunter, but not really that badly, even if Whiskers flips scum... struck me more as Whiskers trying to score town points than raging off of his buddy's death.), reluctance to place a vote, and finally a lack of any real scum hunting. All of his discussion has been about why (he's?) not scum, versus who is scum. There was a mention of Friend being scum but it was, in my opinion, somewhat reaching at straws in an attempt to steer a counter wagon away from (himself.) So... yeah.

More thoughts to come...
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:28 pm

Post by Whiskers »

Kay.

I have to be the player who's too dumb to live in this game, but i'm a dead mouse, and unless I sit on my hands and do nothing until you exhaust all the scum you can get out of me, you'll just keep pushing for my lynch. W/e. Lynch me.

Until then, maybe you guys should
scum-hunt?
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:29 pm

Post by Friend »

Whiskers, have you
scum-hunted
?
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:46 pm

Post by Whiskers »

Substrike22 wrote:I somewhat agree but also encourage early wagoning, though a lynch in the second RL day of D1 would piss me off.

Whiskers is clearly acting scum.
Early reaction to a random day-vig
(which somewhat implicates Scumhunter, but not really that badly, even if Whiskers flips scum... struck me more as Whiskers trying to score town points than raging off of his buddy's death.),
reluctance to place a vote, and finally a lack of any real scum hunting.
All of his discussion has been about why (he's?) not scum, versus who is scum. There was a mention of Friend being scum but it was, in my opinion, somewhat reaching at straws in an attempt to steer a counter wagon away from (himself.) So... yeah.

More thoughts to come...

No friend, I have, in fact, NOT been doing any scum hunting. I've been defending myself, which only opens me up to more accusations. That is why I am putting a stop to it. I refuse to defend myself any more.
As to whether or not I WILL get any scum-hunting done, we'll see. I'll do my best.
Panacea
Panacea
Goon
Panacea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:25 pm

Post by Panacea »

I'm not liking Whiskers's play at all, but I've been insta-targeted Town and not liked my play, either.

Whiskers, you're right, most of your posts have been defense, and that doesn't look Townish. What do you think of your wagon? More people are posting- who's yellow-est to you now? Has it changed? Because your analogy supplies that the addition of other players only conceals the initial yellow from the three-color scenario, but doesn't change nature. Okay. So by your logic you should still be pursuing your first col- I mean player.

Furthermore, we have 13 players. Would you really call yourself a "dead mouse," on page 4?
Town: 2. 2.
Scum: 2. 1.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:12 am

Post by iamausername »

Panacea wrote:Iam, I think you missed the request. How can you read Whiskers's reaction as Town?

I didn't miss it.

Noramp wrote:
Do you feel that he has to post in a period where it is not required to post? (outside of confirming)

He doesn't
have to
, obviously, but only posting when you're required to post is not exactly a pro-town attitude.

Whiskers wrote:I'm having a really hard time explainin ghtis in a way that makes sense.

That's probably because it doesn't. Just because they weren't all posting doesn't mean there haven't always been 13 players in this game. Unless they've started posting scummy things, which you don't seem to think they have, they shouldn't be any more 'yellow' now than they were already.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:06 am

Post by Whiskers »

Panacea wrote:I'm not liking Whiskers's play at all, but I've been insta-targeted Town and not liked my play, either.
First, I've gotta ask what this means.
Panacea wrote:Whiskers, you're right, most of your posts have been defense, and that doesn't look Townish. What do you think of your wagon? More people are posting- who's yellow-est to you now? Has it changed?
No, and that's why I haven't done any real hunting: I've been defending myself, and I haven't seen any glaring scumslips in the attacks on me.
Panacea wrote:Because your analogy supplies that the addition of other players only conceals the initial yellow from the three-color scenario, but doesn't change nature. Okay. So by your logic you should still be pursuing your first col- I mean player.
I know, which is why my analogy doesn't make sense the way I want it to. I mean that now,
in comparason
, he doesn't look any worse than the rest of you. Where he looked glaringly scummy before, he only looks minorly, comparitively scummy now. There's a lot more to compare him to. [/quote]
Panacea wrote:Furthermore, we have 13 players. Would you really call yourself a "dead mouse," on page 4?

Yes. I've grown quite attached to using the phrase. When players keep tunnelling hard on players who already look like a probable D1 lynch.
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:49 am

Neither crappy nor cloudocean have responded to their prods, and so I am now searching for a replacement for both of them.
Show

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:16 pm

Both Scumhunter and LTP Mafia have recieved prods because they have not posted with 48 hours of day start.
Show

Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:58 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

So much inactivity for the first 48 hours: 4/13 players. This is going to be a difficult game, methinks.

Also, speaking of inactivity, bobsnox has 7 posts and NONE of them have practically any content what-so-ever. Are we ever going to get that catch up post of opinions? I seem to remember you being semi-vocal about them in the last game I played with you a few months back, interesting that you're not as intrigued now. Kind of flirting with that active lurker title? I had a guy in the game I just finished modding who cruised through day 2 promising to give the group a post on the weekend... then the wednesday... then the friday.... then the next weekend. He was scum. Just sayin'.

Anyways... back to the why-Whiskers-is-scum project.

Whiskers wrote:Kay.

I have to be the player who's too dumb to live in this game, but i'm a dead mouse, and unless I sit on my hands and do nothing until you exhaust all the scum you can get out of me, you'll just keep pushing for my lynch.
W/e. Lynch me.

Until then, maybe you guys should
scum-hunt?

Major ATE at the end there, although usually I overlook ATE because early in games that's all you've usually got to go on, your Scumhunting is still at an astounding 4(ish) out of 24 posts. The proverbial hole has been dug, at this point.

Although I agree with the sentiment earlier that this wagon feels a little easy at this point I'm also hesitant to let Whiskers off the hook at this point.
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:59 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

Whiskers wrote:
No friend, I have, in fact, NOT been doing any scum hunting. I've been defending myself, which only opens me up to more accusations. That is why I am putting a stop to it. I refuse to defend myself any more.
As to whether or not I WILL get any scum-hunting done, we'll see. I'll do my best.

Also, that's like saying "oh that's what everyone thinks is town so I guess I'd better do that, now that they've all reminded me."

Although at this point I may be tunneling a little bit. I don't think so, though...
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:21 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

Hi.
Show
Town: 12-5
Scum: 3-1