Goon
teamsleep
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:16 pm

Post by teamsleep »

killerX029 wrote:UNVOTE: 2Birds
VOTE: Sleuth
Your way too silent on forum, could be a sign that your a mafia trying to keep a low profile or a normal townie.

I don't understand this line of thinking, frankly. Look at his profile. He joined on the sixth, a
day before
the game started. Are you seriously expecting him to amass so many posts in a certain timeline?

Not to mention you call him out on being "too silent on forum" when he has 10 posts and you have a whopping
twelve

This makes perfect sense.
2birds1stone
2birds1stone
Mafia Scum
2birds1stone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:59 pm

Post by 2birds1stone »

teamsleep wrote:
killerX029 wrote:UNVOTE: 2Birds
VOTE: Sleuth
Your way too silent on forum, could be a sign that your a mafia trying to keep a low profile or a normal townie.

I don't understand this line of thinking, frankly. Look at his profile. He joined on the sixth, a
day before
the game started. Are you seriously expecting him to amass so many posts in a certain timeline?

Not to mention you call him out on being "too silent on forum" when he has 10 posts and you have a whopping
twelve

This makes perfect sense.

I
think
he means 'on the thread'.

Seeing as we're all voicing our opinions here: I personally think this RNG = scum thing is crap; in terms of reasoning provided, RNG votes are exactly the same as "I don't like bleach, so I'mma vote Grimmjow". Having said that, I can also see how a mafioso would abuse the RVS to get a bandwagon riding on someone.

I'm personally not convinced KillerX029 is scum, but if we assume he is, does that mean we also assume he was buddying with don_johnson? That would be logical to newbscum. My personal opinion is that he's just paranoid though; a newbtown could potentially be very paranoid on their first game on-site.
W/L/D = 10/10/3

I drew my avatar myself!
killerX029
killerX029
Goon
killerX029
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:05 pm

Post by killerX029 »

i only joined on the tenth so its not surprising how many posts ive done in total >.>
I've just lost the game ^^
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:03 pm

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

VOTECOUNT 1.3

Gaylord Focker wrote:
@Mod:

I honestly didn't get it >____>
I am guessing it was the 'k' that totally threw me off :roll:

With 13 players alive, it takes 7 to lynch!

killerX029
(4):
teamsleep, Lurconis, Mafiafixed, Hellhound1,
(L-3)

Sleuth
(3):
2birds1stone, JAMFTW, killerX029,

Hellhound1
(2):
Captain Haoala, Sleuth,

2birds1stone
(1):
don_johnson,

Teamsleep
(1):
Benmage,

Benmage
(1):
chkflip,

Lurconis
(1):
Gaylord Focker,

Yet to vote
(0):

Current Deadline

MONDAY, AUGUST 22st AT 11:59 PM GMT -7

(expired on 2011-08-23 03:00:00)

Alright! Everything should be fixed now :'(

Benmage and chkflip are being slapped.
Apologies for falling off the face of the earth.
I'M BACK BABY FOR A LIMITED TIME*!
killerX029
killerX029
Goon
killerX029
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:10 pm

Post by killerX029 »

are the mafia trying to score an early kill? anyone has just started could be paranoid and make mistakes as stated by 2birds and hellhound on their first on-site game, and frankly someone who doesnt post much on the forums is worse then a newbie with paranoia isnt it?

@ teamsleep i was referring to sleuth when i said he was too silent.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:37 am

Post by Benmage »

Hey guys... sorry I've been crazy busy with RL.. unfortunately I probably wont be able to post until tomorrow.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:36 am

Post by don_johnson »

unvote, vote: killerX029

a) this is not the newb forum, "playing the newb card" is disallowed.
b) your reasoning for the vote on sleuth makes no sense in light of the fact that two players just got prodded with a combined post total equal to that of sleuth.

rng=scum is not "crap". that was a logical argument as far as i can tell. not rock solid, but certainly not fallacious in the way it was presented.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
teamsleep
teamsleep
Goon
teamsleep
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:43 am

Post by teamsleep »

killerX029 wrote:are the mafia trying to score an early kill? anyone has just started could be paranoid and make mistakes as stated by 2birds and hellhound on their first on-site game, and frankly someone who doesnt post much on the forums is worse then a newbie with paranoia isnt it?

You probably want to read this.

Also, him not posting much would be an issue if he were a chronic lurker, and by all intents and purposes he strikes me as someone who just cannot be on at all hours of the day because of work/school/prior obligations. I've been on the website for a year, but my post count is rather low for the same reasons- so that isn't worse in the same way it isn't bad.

If you end up with some certain players, you can call them out because they're pretty much known and despised for lurking horribly, but I'm saying that it is much too small a sample size to accuse someone of trying to lurk.
2birds1stone
2birds1stone
Mafia Scum
2birds1stone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:03 pm

Post by 2birds1stone »

Actually, KillerX029, statistically speaking, our odds of winning are increased if we lynch a VT, VI, or someone who hasn't [and isn't going to] contribute to the game (assuming we accept the statistics here). If you're not part of the mafia, the distraction you have provided is far worse than the non-contribution a lurker provides - negative contribution is worse than no contribution at all. Also, if you do survive and are genuinely part of the town, then the mafioso could easily use you as an easy lynch later on. The only reason I'm not voting for you is that I don't like the idea of lynching innocents first day; having said that, the case against you is strong.

Now, to people who aren't KillerX029: Sleuth, you've been accused a few times of contributing nothing and sheeping; you feel no need to respond to such accusations? Is over-confidence a town trait or a mafia trait? Or a mafia-pretending-to-be-town trait? *WIFOM takes over*.

Sorry if I've been posting too [annoyingly] much, please inform me if I am, because I have a tendancy to do that.
W/L/D = 10/10/3

I drew my avatar myself!
killerX029
killerX029
Goon
killerX029
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:08 pm

Post by killerX029 »

UNVOTE: Sleuth
VOTE: KillerX029

I will remain silent until set date from now on. my logic is that the next two to vote for me without conclusive evidence is most likely part of the mafia. if nobody votes for me until the set date, one or more of the people who voted for me are most likely mafia trying to score an early kill.
Captain Haoala
Captain Haoala
Goon
Captain Haoala
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:38 am

Post by Captain Haoala »

Ok, I'll be the first to say
KillerX, lolwut?
All that follows is analysis of the above post.
Ok, let's look at this situation as if Killer was scum. Why would he make this post? To start off with, he's trying to make everyone who votes him next seem scummy. He has also said he would remain silent --> no scumhunting. Even if no-one votes him, he will STILL target people on his wagon (OMGUS to the max). In any case, what differentiates one who puts a vote on him now from someone already voting him?
Now let's look at it as if he were town. What would scum gain from this post? If those two votes WERE put on, this post would be rendered useless (if he were scum), as he would flip town, undoing all that he's trying to accomplish in this post.
I'd say that Killer is looking VERY scummy right now. He sounds a lot like scum trying to get out of getting lynched. Although he is new, why the hell would newbtown do this? Will get back to you after consorting with Haoala.
Captain Corporal and haoala hydra
Captain Haoala
Captain Haoala
Goon
Captain Haoala
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:41 am

Post by Captain Haoala »

-CC
ALinebacker
ALinebacker
Townie
ALinebacker
Townie
Townie

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:27 am

Post by ALinebacker »

killerX029 wrote:UNVOTE: Sleuth
VOTE: KillerX029

I will remain silent until set date from now on. my logic is that the next two to vote for me without conclusive evidence is most likely part of the mafia. if nobody votes for me until the set date, one or more of the people who voted for me are most likely mafia trying to score an early kill.

Your logic is crap, because the next ONE person that votes for you will end the day, and you shall be dead.

In fact, I can't think of any better way to get rid of you and get some more information than this.

Vote: Killer

There will be no innuendo in this post, because death is not sexy.
This is what happens when two highly intelligent asexual beings copulate.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:09 am

Post by don_johnson »

wow. killer, please post your thoughts. if you are town, that was a horrible move. gaylord, please post what "information" you will glean if killer flips scum? town?

not much to reread here, but i'll post some thoughts hopefully before mod gets in here.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:35 am

Post by don_johnson »

i honestly can't reread this game and see killertown.

post 31 i notice the "buddying" someone later refers to.

chkflip 26 is rather innocuous, and his question to 2birds is as well. 2birds, however, seems to take that question seriously...

i think captain haoola is town.

i do not like mafiafixed's play. can someone explain the "pesterlog" crap?

the hellhound case was good and he also joins the growing killer wagon.

51 kind of seals it. hellhound and killer are opposite alignments imo. townkiller = scum hound. scumkiller = VIhound.

the killer vote switch to cleuth is interesting. possible distancing there, but wouldn't explain the self vote unless killer is vanilla scum and sleuth power.

72 and 73 may desevre another look. two giant fence sits on the most prominent discussion happening at the time.

dammit, not much info as far as i can see. really don't like the gaylord hammer regardless of the flip. consider yourself my number one suspect atm. i am really interested to see if you respond to my request for a post or if you lurk til the death scene.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Sleuth
Sleuth
Townie
Sleuth
Townie
Townie

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:47 am

Post by Sleuth »

What is killer at? he is a good lynch but those voted piled on fast. If he flips scum I bet there is at least one buddy on that wagon.

2birds - I addressed the sheeping thing. I agreed with whoever it was but I posted my one thoughts and a bit of support to go with it. I think that's over
Captain Haoala
Captain Haoala
Goon
Captain Haoala
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:50 am

Post by Captain Haoala »

haoala here.

Not liking Gaylord's hammer either. CC & I had decided to hold our vote so that we could get more opinions, considering how 6 of 13 players have not posted in the last 24h. But now that's zilch.

Sleuth: He's been lynched.
Sleuth
Sleuth
Townie
Sleuth
Townie
Townie

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:00 am

Post by Sleuth »

Oh. Well then good riddance from what I quickly read
JAMFTW
JAMFTW
Goon
JAMFTW
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:10 am

Post by JAMFTW »

A quickhammer? Really, Gaylord? OK, someone is hopping to the top of my suspicious list.

>.<

I'm not sure if Killer is scum or a VI, but either way, it's hard to say the lynch is undeserved, given his actions. With the votes piling up the way that they did, and the quickhammer being dropped, I'm inclined to think that Killer will flip town. Assuming he does, we definitely need to look closer at some of the people on that wagon during the upcoming Night phase, and grill em come Day Two. Even if he flips scum, I wouldn't be surprised if his scum buddy (buddies?) bussed him, so it would still probably be a good idea to look at the people on the wagon.
Show
Record so far:

Town
:
-
-

Scum
:
-
-

Third Party:
-
-
Hellhound1
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:28 am

Post by Hellhound1 »

Sorry long time no post, i had a busy weekend and, although i read the game every day, i had no time to post.

Anyway,

don_johnson wrote:51 kind of seals it. hellhound and killer are opposite alignments imo. townkiller = scum hound. scumkiller = VIhound.

Well to start off with, 51 was about sleuth not killer. If killer flips town, im tunneling after sleuth for his blantant sheeping and his STILL failure to answer any of my questions. Or any real questions.

If killer flips scum, then ill take a closer look at the more shouty players, no doubt his buddy at some point has either tried to save him, or tried to bus him as much as possible.
killerX029
killerX029
Goon
killerX029
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:59 am

Post by killerX029 »

Well before I die I would like to ask what info would gaylord get from my death?
killerX029
killerX029
Goon
killerX029
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:15 am

Post by killerX029 »

Because I'm not officially dead yet until the mod has posted I would like to say that teamsleep-lucornis-mafiafixed seems mafia as they have not posted in 24 hrs and the post that were made have not been descisive
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:21 am

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

VOTECOUNT 1.FINAL

With 13 players alive, it takes 7 to lynch!

killerX029
(7):
teamsleep, Lurconis, Mafiafixed, Hellhound1, don_johnson, killerX029, Gaylord Focker,
(L-0)

Sleuth
(2):
2birds1stone, JAMFTW,

Hellhound1
(2):
Captain Haoala, Sleuth,

Teamsleep
(1):
Benmage,

Benmage
(1):
chkflip,

Yet to vote
(0):

Current Deadline

TUESDAY, AUGUST 16th AT 11:59 AM GMT -7

(expired on 2011-08-16 15:01:00)

(Please note that in this game flavour is just flavour, and nothing more.)

As the town ran around like rabid headless chickens, a voice called out of the chaos.
"LOOK!" teamsleep shouted, "HIS NAME TAG SAYS 'KILLER'! THEREFORE HE MUST HAVE SHOT HER! GET HIM!!!"
"This logic is infallible! Tie him down!" Lurconis replied
"We Require His Blood!"
Mafiafixed computed!

And so it was...the crowed started to beat killerX029 with the fury of retribution. The poor lad was so confused himself, that he even joined in beating on himself. Night came upon the crowd and they began to settle. As the dust cleared away, his pockets were searched. Inside they found his I.D. Card!!!

Spoiler:
killerX029, a
Vanilla Townie
has been killed D1.

It is now N1. Please submit any actions you may have to me in a PM.

Please take note that chkflip has not opened his prod PM yet...I will begin looking for a replacement right now. I will also be inquiring about Mafiafixed too, but I doubt a replacement will be needed. If the replacement trouble takes a while though, I will extend this night until all problems are resolved.
Ant_to_the_max
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Ant_to_the_max
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:24 pm

Post by Ant_to_the_max »

Yup. I will be a bit late today. Vet appointment for my new puppy :3

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”