Open 326: Pick Your Poison (Ende des Speils!)

Tragedy
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:18 am

Post by Tragedy »

In post 1199, Hoppster wrote:CAN'T WAIT!

<3

<3
I blame you for this.
For I have been awaiting for another heart pounding segment of
Dokidoki Precure!

[10/15/2013 - 00:13] -
Tragedy
~
I wish for Kami-nii-sama to have better naming skills.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:22 am

Post by saulres »

Perfect scum win, which I called weeks ago. Good job guys -- especially Thunderwielder. Although I was on to him a bit, as you'll see below.

So I wasn't NKed because someone caught my breadcrumbs? Good to know, I guess... Amrun, I did breadcrumb on N1 that I was the doctor (I can point them out if you want), but didn't realize that I should be breadcrumbing results as well. Although that probably would've killed the RB faster, since that's who I protected night one.

Spoiler: My night 1 thinking
Long ago I decided that if glowball wasn't lynched, I would have protected thunderwielder. I felt he was the one most driving her up the wall, so if she were scum I think she would have argued to NK him.

But that all fell apart when glowball flipped town. So then I looked at the final D1 votes.

Then I thought, who would the mafia want to kill? I started with the non-posters, but realized that since they weren't really adding anything to the game, either they're scum, or if they're not, the scum wouldn't want to get rid of them -- they'd want to get rid of someone who's a threat to them and possibly a PR.

I can't protect myself, and I have no PR calls at this point on who might be the other one. So I started ISOing looking for non-glowball arguments that I could say "this person is probtown, and I might consider them dangerous if I were scum." I dismissed everyone who had only gone toe-to-toe with glowball and didn't have much other than that. I didn't consider Maruchan either because he's disruptive (he's calmed down since); disruptive players are either scum, or good for scum, so no point protecting them.

With 3 mafia, I figured they split their votes between the two bandwagons. I put 2 on glowball and 1 on mothrax on gut. For the two scum voting for glowball, I figured one was in on it pretty early, and the other came later. I did some more ISOing and narrowed my decision down to S.O., RoboThor, and Hoppster. S.O. voted for glowball so that's a 2-in-6 chance of hitting scum by mistake. The other two voted for mothrax so that was a 1-in-4 chance of hitting the one scum on that bandwagon. I went with the odds, and protected S.O.

Spoiler: My night 2 thinking
The fact that you would have extended the night phase until a replacement for Auckmid could be found
could
be read as a tell that that slot is a PR. The mafia have enough people that missing one wouldn't stop them from NKing, but a missing PR would be too detrimental to town. Now I personally feel that you're too savvy to do that, and that you'd extend any night if even a VT was out. But they may think otherwise, so protecting Mist might be a good idea.

Thunderwielder, if not scum, might be scaring the scum, but since he's put forth very strong arguments that got two townies lynched, I doubt even if he's not scum that the scum will want to get rid of him.

Unless Maruchan proves to be a PR, I'm not going to protect him. As you may have gathered from my last PM about him being a detriment to getting into the game.

Amrun's an interesting case. She's another one who pushed for lane, and even put a vote on glowball. Even though she wasn't part of the final bus on glowball, I'm starting to wonder if she, thunderwielder, and someone else (SO? maruchan?) are the three scum. No protection going her way.

mothrax I still need to look into, but if he's not scum the number of people against him tells me he'll be safe from scum tonight.

I don't have more thoughts about anyone else yet, because I'm still daunted by going back through this thing. So yeah, unless things change:

Protect: Mist

As to your GMing, Xalxe, this pretty well sums up my feelings.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:26 am

Post by Cephrir »

That was fun. I think I'm re-addicted. :twisted:

I really wanted to keep on going with just blatantly calling my buddies town, but I just couldn't plausibly do it with Hoppster. I thought thunder played really well, although I really didn't read some of those walls :P
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:27 am

Post by Xalxe »

In post 1201, saulres wrote:

As to your GMing, Xalxe, this pretty well sums up my feelings.

:oops: You too kind
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:34 am

Post by glowball »

Thunder did fantastic! However, there is NO WAY you should have let Maruchan live. This was just terribad and I am so disappointed.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:54 am

Post by Amrun »

I was totally convinced it was MrTrow/Hoppster. I was only half right. :/
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Shadowmod
Shadowmod
Goon
Shadowmod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:12 am

Post by Shadowmod »

Heyhohi there!

Congratulations to mafia for a perfect win!

I was losely following this game, mostly because of the flavour.
Do you speak german Xalxe? Probably german mafia would make a good theme game... I think there has already been "mafia en français" and even some dutch mafia or something...
Modding History :Open 319: Jungle RepublicNewbie 1406: Krhyem on RhytehieaShadow's Delightfully Happy Newbie 1451 Mini 1635: Curse of the Werewolves
Current Games in Progress:
Mostly Flavoured Newbie 1692 NEWBIE 1693
Tag, Link and Length Restrictions on Signatures Are Annoying!
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:37 am

Post by Xalxe »

I do, and I meant to work that in more, but I failed epically.
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
thunderwielder
thunderwielder
Goon
thunderwielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:10 pm

Post by thunderwielder »

Woo!
Good job team!

I'm glad my first time being scum turned out so successfully.

Glad the No Kill plan worked out to something. You're right, Hoppster, we should have No Killed last night too, it would have made everything so much easier. Ah well.

I agree with the Day 4 assessment whole heartedly. It was the first day where I didn't decide who I was going to get lynched before the day began (I thought I'd drive home a Tragedy lynch for our win today), or rather that I changed my mind during the day (other than in the other two where I stated in the QT who I was going to work towards lynching that day). I thought I could push the "roleblock" during Night 1 and have an easy lynch of Trow, so I kind of faked the rest of my case on him. He started responding really well, and started calling out connections between myself and Maruchan that no one had brought up before, and something I had in the back of my mind the whole game, so that's when I felt the need to start to bus. Trying to link both Cephrir and Hoppster to Mr. Trow, but make it so that we'd inevitably have to lynch Mr. Trow and then move on to his hypothetically partner (Cephrir/Hoppster) the next day. I threw Tragedy in there for good measure, but when she stopped really posting, I knew there wasn't a way to get the heat back on her.

Yeah, I know I post a lot of walls, and I'm sure some people didn't read them, but it's only because I like to be thorough. Well, I was always thorough as town, so I didn't want to shift that thoroughness and then be caught through meta.

When Glowball at the beginning of the game brought up the "long walls filled with nothingness" and that she could identify exactly which walls were bogus, that scared me a little bit, so I had to go on the offensive from there. I thought she had caught something in my first couple posts (which were walls) and she mentioned Nihilistic Ninja too (who had posted a wall right before), and then had already gotten Maruchan up to L-2, so that's where my attack on her came from.
No hard feelings, Glowball. I'm really sorry if our exchange hurt your feelings back then--it really was never an intention of mine to insult anyone in this game--my language just comes across abrasively sometimes. It's just how I am in real life--but when I'm really sarcastic in real life, I tend to be incredibly charming with it anyway, so everyone knows not to take offence.
This is again why I was so concerned with Mr. Trow after her started bringing up connections with Maruchan that I had hoped people had forgotten--because I felt like I had linked to him too hard after Glowball targetted him soundly on day 1, and then I worked her wagon up to a lynch.

All in all, I had a really fun time. The replacements were too bad, but you kept the game running pretty smoothly Xalxe, and I thought your moderating was top notch. Nice flavour throughout, each vote count was entertaining, and I loved your lynching scenes.

@Quilford, why did you suspect it was me from Day 1? Were you following the game, and that's where you were watching/asked Xalxe? I'm just curious, because I felt my play was pretty town until this last day, where I threw it into an all or nothing situation.

Most of Mr.Trow's reads were pretty bang on, with the connections or my intentions at the end. Some of them weren't but definitely enough to keep me running scared. I think what did you in, Mr. Trow, is your inactivity earlier in the days. If you had established yourself as a stronger townie force in the beginning (like I feel you were doing in the end), I think we definitely would have had to abandon the attack of you and targeted Tragedy as our mislynch.

Anyway, I guess that's it for me. Thanks for a great first scum game, everybody! I had a lot of fun.

I may or may not take a break from Mafia for a little while--I have now a lot on my plate that I should get in order before venturing back into the forums (it's really not an act, this game kind of consumes my brain), but I hope to see you all around the forums.
Show
W:
L:
Town (2:1)
Mafia (1:0)
Oh, would that this hoodie were a time hoodie!

---Scammers on craigslist don't realize I play Mafia... What scum...
thunderwielder
thunderwielder
Goon
thunderwielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:11 pm

Post by thunderwielder »

EBWODP
Last wall you'll have to read from me in a while, I swear! hahah.
Show
W:
L:

Tragedy
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:16 pm

Post by Tragedy »

Basically, I'm always the easy lynch. Damn it, hoppy. :(
I blame you for this.
Dokidoki Precure!

Tragedy
~
thunderwielder
thunderwielder
Goon
thunderwielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:23 pm

Post by thunderwielder »

In post 1210, Tragedy wrote:Basically, I'm always the easy lynch. Damn it, hoppy. :(

We knew Amrun was going for you pretty hard in the previous day, and one vote's all we needed.
Show
W:
L:

Tragedy
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:28 pm

Post by Tragedy »

In post 1211, thunderwielder wrote:
In post 1210, Tragedy wrote:Basically, I'm always the easy lynch. Damn it, hoppy. :(

We knew Amrun was going for you pretty hard in the previous day, and one vote's all we needed.

In the end, her gut seems to know better than the brain. XD
I blame you for this.
Dokidoki Precure!

Tragedy
~
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:11 pm

Post by Maruchan »

In post 1204, glowball wrote:Thunder did fantastic! However, there is NO WAY you should have let Maruchan live. This was just terribad and I am so disappointed.

Read nebie 1127 or somethign liek that.

I stayed the second-most-scummy player all game.

I have a talent for staying alive.

And 'grats to the scum team, you three (not me) did a very nice job. I kept up with the game for about 24 hours after I got my replacement just to see his playing level, and was glad to see I hadn't been replaced badly.

My worst regret, was having to replace out. Sorry guys.

(PS: I kept up with the scum-QT all game, was interesting to see the discussion play out in it)
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:14 pm

Post by Xalxe »

In post 1213, Maruchan wrote:I stayed the second-most-scummy player all game.I have a talent for staying alive.

Mafia generally don't kill scummy players, so...congrats, I guess.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:14 pm

Post by Maruchan »

EBWOP:

Glowball, I know I already PMed you this (to an extent) after I replaced out, but I am EXTREMELY sorry for how much I dug into you in both of our games together. I was unfortunately scum in both of them, and I had to take advantage of every bit of help I could, and your emotions proved to be a big advantage.

I really really want to play a game with you again once I have time, when we are of the same alignment so I can be nice instead of having to dig in on you all the time.

SORRRY!!!!!!♥♥♥♥♥
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by Maruchan »

In post 1214, Xalxe wrote:
In post 1213, Maruchan wrote:I stayed the second-most-scummy player all game.I have a talent for staying alive.

No I was scum. XD

Me and my scum-partner won that game, with me being on everybody's scumlist all game. There just always happened to be someone scummier than me.
Show
Join Now!

glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:20 pm

Post by glowball »

In post 1214, Xalxe wrote:

yeah MOD. He was scumz!

God Xalxe, keep up!
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:33 pm

Post by Xalxe »

Meh. Details.

You're lucky I remember who you all are :P
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:44 pm

Post by Maruchan »

Tis a true statement. People in my games are lucky I remember who they are. And if they change avatars? Fat chance.
Show
Join Now!

JonWJ007
JonWJ007
Goon
JonWJ007
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:24 pm

Post by JonWJ007 »

I've been reading up too after I replaced out by Mr. Trow.
Great play by scums!
Good play by thunder, I always skipped your LONG wall post when reading :)
If I were in Mr. Trow's shoes, I would be lynched earlier than now. :(
Whenever you feel like
giving up
on something, always think back what made you
persisted
at first.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:36 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Pretty much my posts and thoughts are in the Dead QT;

Short Version - I am suck as Hydra. Sorry town!
Long version - sweet mother, when did ruddy Maruchan become hard to lynch?
Final thought - very well organized scum team. I've been part of functional and non-functional teams, it makes a shocking amount of difference. you guys were on the ball.
thunderwielder
thunderwielder
Goon
thunderwielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:25 pm

Post by thunderwielder »

Where's the link to the dead QT, I'd be interested in reading it.
Show
W:
L:

saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:34 pm

Post by saulres »

"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
thunderwielder
thunderwielder
Goon
thunderwielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:55 pm

Post by thunderwielder »

Haha, cool. I like Thor's contribution to the thread. I'm glad it could be entertaining to watch from the other side though too!

Alright, good night guys (and lovely ladies).
I'm heading to bed.
I'm going to try not signing on to Mafiascum for a month, see where that gets me in terms of amount of free time amassed.
Show
W:
L:

Return to “Completed Open Games”