Newbie 1151 ÔÇô Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Epsilon_Andrew
Epsilon_Andrew
Goon
Epsilon_Andrew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:29 am

Post by Epsilon_Andrew »

Lord, we are both having trouble with names, aren't we?
Lord
Lord
Townie
Lord
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:10 am

Post by Lord »

It's kinda embarrassing :)).
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:45 am

Post by Krazy »

unvote

Interesting developments. I am posting from my phone right now and it will be a few hours until I can elaborate on this from a computer with a keyboard.
vote conspiracy
Xeras
Xeras
Goon
Xeras
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:01 am

Post by Xeras »

racerman13 wrote:Xeras, HOW did you have a gut feeling that I was scum when I'd made ONE POST that was an RVS VOTE? That launches my suspicion of you up a bunch of notches. I think you were trying to find an easy mafia target.

Vote: Xeras

L-1, until Krazy unvoted. It's kind of crazy, you accuse me of trying to find an 'easy' target, while you join an existing bandwagon. A bandwagon that only exists because I am being proactive and fishing for reactions.

You are confirming my initial feelings about you. The reason I initially suspected you was because of your 'rvs'. You were the second person to post, and you picked the person that voted for me. Could it be that you were hoping to gain my trust by defending me? Or perhaps you expected me to vote for Ranmaru, considering that he voted for me.

VOTE: Racerman

@Lord. I was only saying that I found Krazy to be suspicious so that why I could have more activity. There has been nothing yet, and I got the reaction I thought I would have got from other people.
Town 5-2
Mafia 2-0
Overall 7-2
racerman13
racerman13
Goon
racerman13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:26 am

Post by racerman13 »

...What. The. Fuck.

I voted Ranmaru because it was the
Random Voting Stage
.How to you make something out of that? I have never played a game with you before. You are completely out of your fucking mind with paranoia. I say one word and you find SOME REASON to attack it.

This game has been a total mindfuck so far.
Epsilon_Andrew
Epsilon_Andrew
Goon
Epsilon_Andrew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by Epsilon_Andrew »

Hey Racer, can we cut back on the language a little bit? It's all just a game, have fun with it.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:36 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Hey Epsilon. Why are you still on your RVS vote? Who do you think is scum?
racerman13
racerman13
Goon
racerman13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:39 pm

Post by racerman13 »

...Sorry Epsilon and everyone else. As you can tell, I was pissed, and didn't handle it well. Sorry.

But seriously though, Post 78 was ridiculous.
Epsilon_Andrew
Epsilon_Andrew
Goon
Epsilon_Andrew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:26 pm

Post by Epsilon_Andrew »

Ranmaru wrote:Hey Epsilon. Why are you still on your RVS vote? Who do you think is scum?

As for your first question, my vote is still on Lord because I haven't been able to get to a computer to unvote. I've been playing from my phone, and the reply page doesn't load very well. I am able to get on a computer now, so
UNVOTE

As for your second question, at the current moment, the person who stands out most to me as being scum would be Xeras', based on his quick change in vote towards you. The quick vote hop to a current wagon seemed a little scummy. I don't think there's enough info to find the mafia, based on what has been said, along with the fact that several people have yet to comment.
Epsilon_Andrew
Epsilon_Andrew
Goon
Epsilon_Andrew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:32 pm

Post by Epsilon_Andrew »

As to Racer, I just don't want to see anyone get in trouble for a language problem. I'm new to the site and I don't know if its something that would call for a warning from the Mod.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:31 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Then you should vote him. Newbies, don't be afraid to throw out votelz.

And where's mah Krazzzzzzzzyyyy.

Gah this town is such a lurker town. ; _____________ ;

How long for prods?
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:50 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Lord
:

Not true. It is not, if you have asked him "Why aren't you voting him?" it would have been an entirely different story. The reason for him not voting him is totally different than the reason for why he is suspicious of him. Keep that in mind.

Well you should try to be more consistent. You seemed to be caught up in the new things that come up and not in what you originally were looking for. Well I will make sure to see if you vote hop in the future and if it lines up with your story. I like to vote hop too, it helps me get reads.

Ok, so why didn't it change your mind? I want you to tell me what new reasoning you have for Xeras SCUM. What do you think of his recent explanation?

Ok, so how does my RVS vote on Xeras = the easy path?

Wrt to Krazy's null tell, why don't you think it's the case? I don't think that's a good thing to say. You don't really have a good reason for giving Krazy town points, and now you say 'just wait, you'll see' How can you know he can bring much more townieness later on from a minor RVS post? Was it just a vibe?

Again, I would like to see your thoughts on his recent response to you.
Epsilon_Andrew
Epsilon_Andrew
Goon
Epsilon_Andrew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:58 pm

Post by Epsilon_Andrew »

Ranmaru, this will sound dumb, but was that all directed to Lord? A few of those questions seemed like they were directed towards me, but the Lord at the top threw me off.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:03 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

That whole post is directed towards Lord. When you see a @ and a name next to it (but I forgot the @ lol) it means that post is directed to that person.

My previous post's first line is directed towards you. Essentially, I want to see a VOTE from you. Vote someone. Put your neck out for the town.
Epsilon_Andrew
Epsilon_Andrew
Goon
Epsilon_Andrew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:31 pm

Post by Epsilon_Andrew »

Xeras wrote:
Ranmaru wrote:@
Xeras
: What's wrong with voting really fast?

@
Lord
: It's daytime here. :P

Aimless voting is aimless. :p

Racercar, If this game started on a night phase, who would you have killed if you were mafia?

This is one thing I forgot about. Xeras asking the question "who would you have killed if you were mafia?" Ranmaru, I agree with your opinion on this question. If a person choses to answer it honestly, the mafia could use it to draw attention away from them, and onto anyone who answered it. The question doesn't help the town, and gives mafia knowledge. Between this and the vote hopping the way he did it, I'll put my vote on Xeras for the moment.

VOTE: Xeras

And if I checked the votes correctly, that puts you back at L-2.
Lord
Lord
Townie
Lord
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:40 pm

Post by Lord »

Xeras wrote:@Lord. I was only saying that I found Krazy to be suspicious so that why I could have more activity. There has been nothing yet, and I got the reaction I thought I would have got from other people.

I find that rather hard to believe. VERY hard to believe, actually. But Racer isn't looking too well either.

Ranmaru wrote:Not true. It is not, if you have asked him "Why aren't you voting him?" it would have been an entirely different story. The reason for him not voting him is totally different than the reason for why he is suspicious of him. Keep that in mind.

I voted him because he unvoted, and then didn't have a vote out. After he told me he was leaning scummy on Krazy with no basis it was pretty obvious that the vote he had to have out should've been on Krazy. Suspicion changes as someone posts.

Ranmaru wrote:Well you should try to be more consistent. You seemed to be caught up in the new things that come up and not in what you originally were looking for. Well I will make sure to see if you vote hop in the future and if it lines up with your story. I like to vote hop too, it helps me get reads.

I will also see if you live up to this promise...provided that you have no mafia game in your wiki, and you could just as well play with this town style as maf. (I'm taking the meta argument to null, is what I mean)

Ok, so why didn't it change your mind? I want you to tell me what new reasoning you have for Xeras SCUM. What do you think of his recent explanation?

I think that his recent explanation is far worse that what I was suspecting him for so far, and my vote is not moving.

Ok, so how does my RVS vote on Xeras = the easy path?

This is misreading on your part. I found your general statement about RVSing new players commendable and amid to taking the easy path. I didn't say your specific voting pattern in this game subscribes to that.

Wrt to Krazy's null tell, why don't you think it's the case? I don't think that's a good thing to say. You don't really have a good reason for giving Krazy town points, and now you say 'just wait, you'll see' How can you know he can bring much more townieness later on from a minor RVS post? Was it just a vibe?

I am unwilling to call it gut, cause I find some logic behind my affirmation. But I may be willing to admit that I'm wrong. Either way, one town-tell (whether it's in my book or no) doesn't make for a full town read.

Again, I would like to see your thoughts on his recent response to you.

Look above.

Ranmaru, I feel for you, I really do, and I know you told me that your attack on me does NOT have defending Xeras attached to it, but it's not really looking that way :)).
One question for you. Do you think that Epsilon is buddying up to me in a scummy way right now? I am unsure on a read on him.
Lord
Lord
Townie
Lord
Townie
Townie

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:52 pm

Post by Lord »

Ranmaru wrote:Gah this town is such a lurker town. ; _____________ ;

Ah almost forgot. Is this statement a joke or serious? I don't think we should care about lurkers at this point.
Xeras
Xeras
Goon
Xeras
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:18 pm

Post by Xeras »

The lurkers are getting on my nerves as well, because I am sure one of them is mafia. Without anyone of them posting, I cannot get a proper read.

Anyway,

Town
Ranmaru
------
Epsilon
------
Null
Lord
------
Krazy
------
Scum
Racerman
Town 5-2
Mafia 2-0
Overall 7-2
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:32 pm

Post by Meransiel »

Xeras wrote:Town

Epsilon

Explain this please.
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
Xeras
Xeras
Goon
Xeras
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:35 pm

Post by Xeras »

Meransiel wrote:
Xeras wrote:Town

Epsilon

Explain this please.

Are you replacing someone?
Town 5-2
Mafia 2-0
Overall 7-2
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:48 pm

Post by Krazy »

It is possible Meransiel is replacing one of these three, but if so it must have been handled by PM since I see nothing about it in Newbie Queue or the Replacement Thread.
Mod and or Meransiel, any explanation?

Uite wrote:
Jeffiej

JonWJ007

Off the Mark (SE)

In any case, I would very much like to hear from these three.
vote conspiracy
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:48 pm

Post by Meransiel »

I fucked up. Me and Lord are leaving the site. Bye.
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:19 pm

Post by Uite »

Krazy wrote:It is possible Meransiel is replacing one of these three, but if so it must have been handled by PM since I see nothing about it in Newbie Queue or the Replacement Thread.
Mod and or Meransiel, any explanation?

Uite wrote:
Jeffiej

JonWJ007

Off the Mark (SE)

In any case, I would very much like to hear from these three.

Off the Mark
still hasn't picked up his Role PM, and I'm replacing him with
Stels
. As for the other two, I've sent them prods.

I'd also like to know about the Lord/Meransiel situation, so can either please PM me what's going on?
[ɜytə] — Ceterum censeo spumam delendam esse

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:42 pm

Post by Uite »

[ɜytə] — Ceterum censeo spumam delendam esse

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:41 am

Post by Stels »

Oh hai thar!
Replacing Off the Mark
Lord wrote:
Krazy wrote: and since I haven't placed an RVS vote either this is where my vote will stay for the moment.

Ok, townpoints for this. Not scum mentality. We'll see how you'll perform later.

Buddying to Krazy. =/ Ranmaru ninja'd me by miles.

Epsilon_Andrew wrote:ok, I don't know whats going on, but this is the second comment I tried to put that hasn't gone through. I understand that Lord may not have seen the earlier vote, but I still wish to hear his say on it.

You probably pressed the "Submit" button and it showed you the preview of your post and/or posters before you. You probably just proceeded to browsing elsewhere after that thinking your post went through.

Spoiler: Xeras Poem
Xeras wrote:
a cat came drifting onto my porch from the outside cold
and with eyes closed, drinking warm milk from my bowl,
thought:

"nobody hears me!(nobody hears me)
as I crept in so soft!
and nobody sees me!(nobody sees me)
as I watched six steps off."

like the peacocks wandering the walkways of the zoo
who have twice the autonomy the giraffes and the tigers do,
saying:

"no one can stop me,(no one can stop me)
no one clips my claws!
now everyone watch me(everyone watch me)
scale these outside walls!"

The cat part reminded me of the Female Khajeet at the entrance to the Shivering Isles in TES4: Oblivion, Shivering Isles Expansion. "You can't see me, no one can see me".
As well as the Dementia and Bliss parts of the main town with the opposite sides of the coin.

Meransiel wrote:I fucked up. Me and Lord are leaving the site. Bye.

WTF? Even if you did fuck up with you posting from Meransiel (assuming you are Lord). It's not such a serious offense as to leave the site.

VOTE: Lord. Paranoia, buddying, false crediting. :cry: Kinda didn't want to vote after 'that' ^^

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”