Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:07 am

Post by Klazam »

LLD, Andy, LB- We need to have somebody move to the door control before you three fill up the villa.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:07 am

Post by Andrius »

Lost Butterfly wrote:Yeah sure; fine with chilling with hito in the villa.

So yeah we should organize three for the villa and then organize us sending each other there with each other's chits.
That would help out immensely. <3
So I'd love to be there, and you all know I own in QTs (Court of the Gods, anyone?)

If we move each other (Andy > LB, LB > LLD, LLD > Andy) and then circle back (Andy > LLD, LLD > LB, LB > Andy) we'd have the number of chits to move all of us there. :D
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:08 am

Post by Lost Butterfly »

Llamarble wrote:Filling campfire is actually very dangerous because it will let scum easily fire tipping point first thing in the morning.
So lets not do that.

Is there no way that we could identify the scum from this though? W/o doing any maths this sounds like it'd take a lot of chits, so if we force everyone to make x moves to show they have chits it could stop scum being able to use tipping point. y/n?
Mafiascum Fantasy Camp 2 - Day 7 ongoing
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:08 am

Post by Regfan »

Llarmable, just have Door Control lock E4/F4 with three players that we all trust inside the Potion Room / Tipping point area.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:10 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

The left in general encourages a masonry. I know Faraday and Mina can read me extremely well. I can read them well. If the two of us are joined by two more players we can suss out one way or the other, we can proceed to send 3 people to the Villa, and from there 1 to the Door Control. It's premature to pick one for Door Control now, but we want a group of relatively transparent players. (Conversely, we want to send difficult to read players into the Campfire.)

Faraday, lets say you and I move to the Rageatorium first round. Which two players would you want to pick, with the objective of having at least one player as close to confirmed town as possible?

I'm out the door for about two hours after this, but two last thoughts:

• I'll need to check a couple of details when I'm back, but I think I can arrange something awesome with a round of villa that'll serve as a sort of insurance if I'm nk'd.
  • Llamarble, fair enough. Full campfire is best
    as we go into night
    , but we may as well confine the suspicious looking/hard to read players in the Nexus, then demand they mass insure moves into campfire the round before we lynch. Regardless, we are NOT going in to night without a full campfire. That's just silly.

Andrius, Villa should wait a round or two. Ragetorium first puts some much-needed pressure into the system.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:11 am

Post by Llamarble »

I like that plan.
Also door control is super public actionwise, so we can send whoever there and let them confirm themselves as scum if they ever submit an undesirable door action.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:14 am

Post by Andrius »

Yeah I apparently need to do 10 accounting assignments by tonight so I'm getting off for now but hito I'm going to be as subtle as I can and say that Villa would be awesome for me.
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:15 am

Post by Lost Butterfly »

hitogoroshi wrote:
Faraday, lets say you and I move to the Rageatorium first round. Which two players would you want to pick, with the objective of having at least one player as close to confirmed town as possible?

Andy and one of Feysal/LLD/Regfan and I'd be happy.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:16 am

Post by zoraster »

A few more clarifications (by the way, one of the posts on the front page will hold all the clarifications):

1. Although doors stop players from moving at night (either by making their route longer [see night resolution order] or impossible if cut off completely), a room with a maximum number of players in it does not stop a player from entering it.

2. Night actions work like this. Say you're a Tickler (you tickle people). You're in the SV and they're in the Rageatorium. You'll perform your tickle action then return back to the SV. So unless there's power role interference, players that start in one room at night will always be in that same room the next morning.
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:17 am

Post by Lost Butterfly »

Actually, rageatorium looks kind of useless to me, my answer was more who I'd prefer to be in the villa with.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:18 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

My thoughts in Red.

Klazam wrote:My thoughts on the usage of each room:

A3. Door Control: Trusted player, should open the door between the electric chair and rageatorium, and close the tipping point and the potion room off. Locking a confirmed town in the panic room would be nice. This room can give a player supreme jailkeeper powers, potentially isolating up to 6 players, both protecting them and preventing them from using night abilities. The rooms that can be shut off this way follows: A) Panic room, 1 door, B) Move Checker, 2 doors, C)War Room, 2 doors, D) Electric Chair, 3 doors, E) Party Room, 2 doors, and F)Security Room, 1 door.

I agree that a trusted person should be here, but you suggesting the way to do it makes me go :? . Doors should be opened and closed as evaluated by the games players, determining the intent of each player wanting to make a move.

D3. Secluded Villa: Interrogation chamber. Players must summarize everything that happened in the Villa upon exiting the room. This gives the full town full disclosure. For these idiots who thinks this room means a neighborhood- let me give you a hint- public neighborhoods is worthless.

Uh, no. The people in the neighborhood are public, but the convo had is private. It means that if we can get three people who are all good at reading eachother and good at scumhunting in that room together, they could form a powerful pseudo-masonry voting block.

E2. Party Room: Unimportant, but there shouldn’t be a party hosted here. It makes players be able to skip around the map too quickly. Another alternative usage can be: One player goes to the door control, another goes to start a party. Close the party room off, then have everyone jump to the party, including the door controller- YAY, we got a normal mafia game without odd mechanics. I’m not sure abut enacting this plan because there’s oh so many ways this can go wrong. A possibility is doing this within the later stages of the game.

This is a REALLY REALLY bad idea. Don't want to explain why just yet, but I will if pressed.

E3. Rageatorium: Not important. May be risky, for example, if a townie is at L-1, scum can catapult him to the Rageatorium if somebody in there is voting him for the sneaky private quickhammer. I propose that players in here must only vote for others who is already in the room, or take their votes off if a player nears L-1.

This is a salient point. We need to be careful about how the Ragetorium is handled.

E4. Electric Chair: Extra day lynch. Must be used with the
consent of the town

!!!

E5. Security Room: A trusted player should be here, and he must report in full all information received in this room. This player basically acts as a watcher. A mafia watcher may be very harmful so use this room carefully.

I agree once again. Giving the town all the info gained in this room solidifies things in stone, and removes scum's wiggle room to bluff their moves.

F1. Panic Room: Confirmed town players in here, nobody else allowed in. Anybody nonconfirmed going in here should be forced out ASAP. Mafia can try to use their moves to trick us in thinking somebody is going for this room. WIFOM abounds. Tread carefully.

Agreed.

F2. Monastery: Nontrusted players, or a confirmed player racing to the panic room. Probably the room for people with too many chits (purple?). Not sure how to abuse this room.

I don't have any problems with the Monastery because I don't see anyway scum can abuse it.

F3. Nexus: Not important. People need to get out of the Nexus as soon as possible.

-shrug- It might be good to put suspicious/null players in the Nexus and restrict them from moving out so that they can't do any harm.

F4. The Switch:
The switch should be thrown only based on majority decision from the whole town
. If not, all players in the room at the time somebody got shocked needs to be lynched, until scum is found.

!!! No. There are two reasons not to do this.
1) It's easier for scum to manipulate the bigger town, than in the smaller Switch room.
2) People in the switch room are held accountable for their decision, and helps garner reads for us. I.E: Scum can't use "but its what the town wanted" as an excuse to get a free town kill from this mechanic.

G2. Move Checker: The player here has to report accurately information gained, each time he gets it. If information is false, he is lynched. If town, the person who lied should be lynched.

Agree. More setting moves in stone giving scum less wiggle room etc etc etc.

G3. Campfire: Nontrusted players. The campfire is a powerful tool, but we need to figure out the optimal usage of it. I’m not sure how to do this.

Agreed. Players in here should be forced to spend chits to hold their position, and insure the move.

G4. War Room: Trusted players can stay here, everyone else should move through the nexus. I personally do not think people should be allowed to gain any purple chits.

I need to check what the War Room does again. I'll comment on this next post.

H3. Tipping Point: This room should not be used. Deadline shortening, both gives mafia advantage, and hurts the town.

Agreed for now, but might be useful in late game.

I3. Potion Room: This room should not be used. Things can go horribly bad if misused.

Again, there might be a situation where this could be important, but not immediately.

We should have 2 lynches a day. (1 using the electric room). I suggest the terminology-
Shock: Playername

We should aim to end the day within 9 rounds, because mafia gets advantages past that number of rounds.

That’s all I could figure out.

I’m planning to be at the Campfire at the day’s end. I want to try it and see what happens. Since I’ll only need 2 chits to do that, I’ll offer up my chits to help anybody else move wherever they want to be.

On the overall, I agree with most of what you have planned here, except for two things:

1) The Door Control. You shouldn't be deciding these things on your own. Something like THIS should be used at town discretion.

2) Electric Chair. This should not be used as another lynch. Not as helpful to the town. It should be used to gauge the alignment of the players in the Switch Room at the time.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:20 am

Post by Lost Butterfly »

BTW if you're planning on coming to the villa make sure we can all try and get together at a convenient time for all of us and do stuff in 'almost real time'; it's totally awesome for scumhunting and something that needs to be utilised. I don't think that'll be a problem though for me since I'm Europe and kinda in the middle.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:22 am

I'm only 4 hours behind you Faraday, so I'm ok for that.

Also, I forgot. The Party Room thing is a horrible idea.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:22 am

Post by Lost Butterfly »

I've only skimmed the thread so far, and won't subject you to yet
another
longwinded post about the pros and cons of each move. Also, it's too early to declare anyone a protown leader to be sent to X room. And hito already preempted me to saying that we should treat this as a game with ten-day deadlines. But just one bit of strategy that's absolutely crucial:

2) CLAIM EACH AND EVERY SINGLE MOVE YOU MAKE THIS GAME.

No ifs, ands, or buts. No "LOL I LIED ABOUT MY MOVE AS A COMPLICATED GAMBIT" (looking at you, Fate), because we need to know 100% that the evidence is trustworthy. You can wait until after the round to claim it, but claim your moves.

We will be privately keeping notes of all claims throughout the game, and I'd suggest other people to do the same. Any unclaimed move for any round by will be automatically assumed to be performed by scum, but even that cuts both ways.

It might be possible to catch people in contradictions and narrow down the players who could have possibly accomplished a move that fucks with the town later on.

I've been crossposted by a million posts now, so I'll get to them in a bit. (Although, um, guys, you realize that Secluded Villa--while fun--is not the most useful room in the game, right? Ooh, you get to chat with a player like Andrius who's already painfully easy to read in the main thread! :P)

~Mina (obviously)
Nautilius
Nautilius
Goon
Nautilius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:22 am

Post by Nautilius »

Villa
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:28 am

Post by Llamarble »

Electric chair most definitely is another lynch. But it can only be used once during the game.
But yes door controller should be group-instructed on every action.

I think we need to pick a person to go to door control before tonight, and we may as well send somebody toward

TO MAKE LYING ABOUT ACTIONS VERY HARD:
we can have everyone use all their chips publicly every day and probably not insure moves unless we reach a situation where that's really necessary.
So there should be a lot of move-each-other-back-and-forth stuff to burn chips.
This might be hard to organize, but it would make it VERY difficult for mafia to exercise any influence over the movement game without making lots of 1v1s.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:29 am

Post by Llamarble »

Er, toward the move-tracker room.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:30 am

Lost Butterfly wrote:I've only skimmed the thread so far, and won't subject you to yet
another
longwinded post about the pros and cons of each move. Also, it's too early to declare anyone a protown leader to be sent to X room. And hito already preempted me to saying that we should treat this as a game with ten-day deadlines. But just one bit of strategy that's absolutely crucial:

2) CLAIM EACH AND EVERY SINGLE MOVE YOU MAKE THIS GAME.

No ifs, ands, or buts. No "LOL I LIED ABOUT MY MOVE AS A COMPLICATED GAMBIT" (looking at you, Fate), because we need to know 100% that the evidence is trustworthy. You can wait until after the round to claim it, but claim your moves.

We will be privately keeping notes of all claims throughout the game, and I'd suggest other people to do the same. Any unclaimed move for any round by will be automatically assumed to be performed by scum, but even that cuts both ways.

It might be possible to catch people in contradictions and narrow down the players who could have possibly accomplished a move that fucks with the town later on.

I've been crossposted by a million posts now, so I'll get to them in a bit. (Although, um, guys, you realize that Secluded Villa--while fun--is not the most useful room in the game, right? Ooh, you get to chat with a player like Andrius who's already painfully easy to read in the main thread! :P)

~Mina (obviously)

Agreed 100%. It's more of the "trapping scum in their stories/removing wiggle room" stuff, and that's gonna be key to catching the scum.

I feel like LB is town for this post, it's the same thought process I've been having/preaching.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Nautilius
Nautilius
Goon
Nautilius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:31 am

Post by Nautilius »

Mina's always town.
Fara's always scum.

No seriously, she would have said that regardless of alignment.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:31 am

Llamarble wrote:Electric chair most definitely is another lynch. But it can only be used once during the game.
But yes door controller should be group-instructed on every action.

I think we need to pick a person to go to door control before tonight, and we may as well send somebody toward

TO MAKE LYING ABOUT ACTIONS VERY HARD:
we can have everyone use all their chips publicly every day and probably not insure moves unless we reach a situation where that's really necessary.
So there should be a lot of move-each-other-back-and-forth stuff to burn chips.
This might be hard to organize, but it would make it VERY difficult for mafia to exercise any influence over the movement game without making lots of 1v1s.

Claiming Chits and Actions BEFORE they happen only helps Scum. I don't think this is a good idea.

The electric chair is a once in the GAME thing?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Nautilius
Nautilius
Goon
Nautilius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:33 am

Post by Nautilius »

Oh wait
the Villa's full.
Damnit.
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:34 am

Post by Lost Butterfly »

LLD why does that make us town? Do you think i'd not abuse the fuck out Mina's propensity for that sort of thing as scum? That's really weak reasoning as it's the type of thing anyone can post early on.
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:36 am

Post by Lost Butterfly »

Furthermore hasn't marble already touched on it anyway? I can understand same thoughts = same alignment to some degree if it comes to reads but I'm struggling to see how some sort of strategy like that can make you see us as town? Does that make him town?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:38 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

OKAY SO I'm not going to try to parse all this shit right now, somebody else can do it for me
green shirt thursdays

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”