ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:08 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Yeah my last comment was mainly me trolling.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:19 pm

Post by Charlie »

Wonderboltastic! That's the way to win the game, Dashie!
Comments to follow.
Kindness
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:34 pm

Post by Whiskers »

tbh, I still didn't get it when RD said, "I'd better end this now" and when AJ said, "wtf."
I instead thought that RD had a scumread on ThAd all along and claimed to have a scumread on AJ just to stay alive, and knew she was going to vote for ThAd and was just going to get it over with. I had ThAd pinned for scum too.

Now, RD, I have to use this game as a scum meta for that other game you were in and replaced out of (like GLaDOS here.)

Speaking of which, GLaDOS, wtf? I can believe what you said, but what the fuck actually ahppened. I will get out my hacksaw and see to it that RainbowDash consents to your release of the "outside information," Also,
why were you communicating with Rainbowdash out side of the game?
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:42 pm

Post by Charlie »

^AppleDash. 'Nuff said.
Kindness
Applejack
Applejack
Goon
Applejack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:46 pm

Post by Applejack »

Hey now.

I reckon there're too many apologies in this here thread and not 'nough parties. After all that's happened, Pinkie Pie deserves ta get her chance to party with y'all.

In post 1665, GLaDOS wrote:Much love to Applejack (Equinox) for replacing me, though I apologize for asking since it turned out so you were so busy in real life that you probably should not replaced in to begin with.

Don't feel bad. Ya couldn't've possibly known.

In post 1666, ThAdmiral wrote:Btw aj you totally misinterpreted me. I wasn't saying "it is my belief that beck shot last night but was blocked" I was saying "I am frustrated beck didn't shoot last night". The "I can't believe that..." was expressing my exasperation. Sorry I sent you on a wild goose chase.

So that's what ya meant. Sorry fer misinterpretin' ya. Sorry fer lynchin' ya, really.
Now listen here. What I'm sayin' to you is the honest truth.
GLaDOS
GLaDOS
Goon
GLaDOS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:46 pm

Post by GLaDOS »

In post 1677, Whiskers wrote:Speaking of which, GLaDOS, wtf? I can believe what you said, but what the fuck actually ahppened. I will get out my hacksaw and see to it that RainbowDash consents to your release of the "outside information," Also,
why were you communicating with Rainbowdash out side of the game?

I will not be going into more detail about "what happened."

As for "why I was communicating with Rainbowdash outside of the game," that is because I (shockingly) talk to people sometimes online. As I already explained, we were not even talking about this game -- neither of us is stupid enough to talk about on-going games like that. She just happened to drop a comment that made this game "click" for me, and so I decided to replace out rather than let it influence me.

Also, Rainbowdash have played in a hydra account, AppleDash. Which further necessitates talking to each other on occasion.
"Aperture Science: We do what we must because we can."
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:03 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 1679, Applejack wrote:Hey now.

I reckon there're too many apologies in this here thread and not 'nough parties. After all that's happened, Pinkie Pie deserves ta get her chance to party with y'all.

Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:07 pm

Post by Charlie »

A PMV dedication for Rainbowdash - You're Gonna Go Far Kid [Explicit] by The Offspring.
Nice work you did!

---

Right. So when I noticed that my lynch was imminent, I didn't make a fabricated case because I felt that wasn't necessary for victory. AJ & ThAd were pretty much filled with conviction that the other must be Mafia. I was hoping that Dashie would do the right thing to send off Whiskers to the party zombie QT (and she did, that's my girl) and let the game play out. Sure enough the best outcome materialized D5.

Have the dead QT link

I really tried to get Whiskers on my side to lynch ThAd. But seriously, that pony's such a scatterbrain I ended frustrating myself. The big plan was to win D4 with a ThAd lynch with Dashie dropping the hammer. Seriously, after my hammer on Mist Beauty we entered N3 with low morale. Actually, I think it would be interesting if you guys read the Mafia QT. I'm OK with releasing it, no problems with this, Dashie/tarson?

Now about the setup: Isn't this setup kinda Town sided?

Cop
Vig
Bodyguard
1-shot neighbourizer
VT x6

Mafia Goon x2
Mafia Roleblocker

About GLaDOS replacing out: I kinda guessed that happened, which I think is quite unfortunate. Can't be helped I guess, occupational hazard of playing online Mafia.
"Also, </3 to Charlie for only flirting with Applejack and not with me. The nerve."
Haha!

About Applejack chastising my posts/playstyle based on mobile posting: You go ahead and try to post using quotes, URL links and navigate multiple tabs on a mobile device. Just you try it. It takes way too much time. Despite this, though... I'll admit that I've purposefully reduced my activity level in an effort to lay low.

---

tarsonisocelot, it must be pretty bumming to get copped out on D2. But I believe what you did after this was the right move.
Whiskers, you aren't seriously working on a comic based on this game, are you?

All in all, a very entertaining game. I hope that the ponies cheered some people up. Thank you all for playing and thanks to Mute for modding despite the obvious difficulties he's having IRL at the moment.
Kindness
Applejack
Applejack
Goon
Applejack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:21 pm

Post by Applejack »

Charlie wrote:About Applejack chastising my posts/playstyle based on mobile posting: You go ahead and try to post using quotes, URL links and navigate multiple tabs on a mobile device. Just you try it. It takes way too much time. Despite this, though... I'll admit that I've purposefully reduced my activity level in an effort to lay low.

I wasn't faulting you for not having fancy quotes, links, or multiple tabs. I was faulting you for not having any opinions, which aren't browser-dependent.

Charlie wrote:Thank you all for playing and thanks to Mute for modding despite the obvious difficulties he's having IRL at the moment.

Seconding this.
Now listen here. What I'm sayin' to you is the honest truth.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:24 pm

Post by Whiskers »

Wanting to cry is a sign of two things:
--I am tired, and
--I shouldn't play mafia.

thoughts?
Mist Beauty
Mist Beauty
Mafia Scum
Mist Beauty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:28 pm

Post by Mist Beauty »

Why does everyone love rainbowdash so much? I do not understand this...

I was very confident when I picked out the scumteam after my recaps, but I wish people had unvoted me. Happy with my reads this game, had pegged down scumteam during twilight(doesn't really count much though as we lost) I felt that Charlie's quickhammer was a good move, and that rainbowdash played very very well the phase that Charlie was lynched. Charlie too, but there wasn't too much he could have done due to the hammer. There were many walls in this game too.

Thanks for modding, Mute.
Mist Beauty
Mist Beauty
Mafia Scum
Mist Beauty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:35 pm

Post by Mist Beauty »

I'm really interested in reading the scum QT :/
GLaDOS
GLaDOS
Goon
GLaDOS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:36 pm

Post by GLaDOS »

For the record (to subgenius), I have
never
heard of a Neighborizer that dies if it targets scum, especially not in a Normal Game. That is more like a Hider role that -- rather than getting the benefit of "hiding" -- apparently gets the benefit of night-talking to confirmed Town. I personally don't think that qualifies as Normal unless it is considered a variant role, in which case the Town should have been told something other than "Neighborizer" for your role. Are you sure you would die if you tried to neighborize scum (i.e., were you explicitly told that in your role), or was that just a jump you made yourself?

If your role works as a regular Neighborizer, then I think the set-up is balanced just fine. But if your role acts as a semi Investigative-Neighborizer, then I think the set-up is Town-sided.

PPE:

Whiskers wrote:Wanting to cry is a sign of two things:
--I am tired, and

thoughts?

Tiredness is a check, but I would not agree to the second.

After almost six years of playing mafia on this site, I've cried, raged, danced with joy, and been thrown into utter states of depression for weeks. It's natural -- you've been investing a good deal of your life into a game, and it can really to hurt to lose after everything is said and done. If you didn't feel
anything
from the outcome of the game, then
that
would be a much bigger indicator that you shouldn't be playing mafia.

*huggles*
"Aperture Science: We do what we must because we can."
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:41 pm

Post by Whiskers »

I don't get that, Beck specifically said that he killed subgenius, and Tarsonisocelot specifically said that she killed Albert B. Rampage.

Why is that so confusing-- I mean, Somepony said somewhere that It would make sense that the scum killed subgenius-- actually used it in their case, iirc. But they didn't....
Mist Beauty
Mist Beauty
Mafia Scum
Mist Beauty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:42 pm

Post by Mist Beauty »

subgenius was pretty awesome town, I thought scum killed him, and rampage who was pretty helpful but was vigged possibly due to mildly-inflammatory comments?
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:44 pm

Post by Charlie »

In post 1683, Applejack wrote:I wasn't faulting you for not having fancy quotes, links, or multiple tabs. I was faulting you for not having any opinions, which aren't browser-dependent.

And you were 100% correct with that. I was being very general throughout the game and not commuting myself to... well, anything, really. I'm surprised this went totally unnoticed until you showed up as replacement.

In fact... have some random fun facts:
I
generously
provided Rainbowdash with this point to use as ammo against me when she needed to bus (it is mentioned in the Mafia QT)
But she displayed
loyalty
by never actually voting me for long and wasn't part of my lynch wagon, despite all the words saying she would it was really the
laughing
Pinkie Pie who dropped the hammer in a German accent.
Applejack, in all
honesty
saw through my points and frankly got me scared for a while.

In other areas:

6 players wear pony avatars in this game
7 players wear non-pony avatars in this game
Mafia team consisted of all ponies
Town PRs consisted of non-ponies
(I conclude that this is either magic or witchcraft)

Whiskers wrote:Wanting to cry is a sign of two things:
--I am tired, and

thoughts? tired, and --I shouldn't play mafia. thoughts?

I suggest some rest, drink plenty of water and reduce stress by doing fun things.

Mist Beauty wrote:Why does everyone love rainbowdash so much? I do not understand this...

I have a strong feeling it is because she's got a strong personality & she's... colourful. Myself, I put on hipster glasses and go "Rainbow Dash is too mainstream". I like all of the Mane 6, so there isn't really a "best pony" but if I had to classify from from best to 6th best: Fluttershy > Twilight Sparkle > Rainbow Dash > Rarity > Pinkie Pie > Applejack.

@Whiskers:I changed to Rarity because you asked me to during sign-ups for this game, Whiskers (also because monk was wearing a Fluttershy too). Take pride in that.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:50 pm

Post by Charlie »

Whiskers wrote:I don't get that, Beck specifically said that he killed subgenius, and Tarsonisocelot specifically said that she killed Albert B. Rampage.

Why is that so confusing-- I mean, Somepony said somewhere that It would make sense that the scum killed subgenius-- actually used it in their case, iirc. But they didn't....

Mist Beauty wrote:subgenius was pretty awesome town, I thought scum killed him, and rampage who was pretty helpful but was vigged possibly due to mildly-inflammatory comments?

It's all explained in the Mafia QT. I was the brainchild of offing ABR D1. Rainbowdash wanted to off Whiskers D1 because she felt threatened, and tarsonisocelot agreed. I asked to switch to ABR because... well, he IS a wild dragon.

I think it was something along the lines of Whiskers = controlled chaos & ABR = total chaos.
Kindness
Mist Beauty
Mist Beauty
Mafia Scum
Mist Beauty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:09 pm

Post by Mist Beauty »

after you hammered me, were you still lurking in twilight while RD was posting?
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:14 pm

Post by Charlie »

^OK. I'll give you the 100% truth.

I hammered, then left to the grocery store. I bought some fruits. I checked the thread's development via mobile.
:)
They were delicious, btw.
Kindness
Mist Beauty
Mist Beauty
Mafia Scum
Mist Beauty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:27 pm

Post by Mist Beauty »

Just iso'd myself, and I'm pretty sad no one bought what I was saying :(

If possible, could we get night actions as well? Once again, thanks for an awesome game :P

pedit: that post is awesome. I will do this next time I hammer a townie (even if I am a townie).
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:58 pm

Post by Beck »

damn I knew deep down in my gut it was rainbow, fml
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

"Without rules there is Chaos" C. Kramer
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:30 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 1694, Mist Beauty wrote:Just iso'd myself, and I'm pretty sad no one bought what I was saying :(

I believed your claim but it was too late by then.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:54 am

Post by theamatuer »

Just saying, but I was right ALL ALONG.
HAH
Its just whatever
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:43 am

Post by Rainbowdash »

In post 1695, Beck wrote:damn I knew deep down in my gut it was rainbow, fml

I get this a whole lot, as both alignments, but I get the "just gut" arguement a whole lot. What Mist put up may actually be the first time I have had a case on me in a long long time that transcends such.

Mist Beauty wrote:Why does everyone love rainbowdash so much? I do not understand this...

Im a manipulator of emotions sorta. I can get a quick read on what everypony wants to see, and just adjust how I am playing to do such. Given that the pictures are just so adorable, its another reason that most tend to like having me around. If you can make everypony want you to be town, its a whole lot easier to be called probably town from that happening. Sure I do that as both alignments, but its something that every effective of getting called town in almost every game.

Im also obviously the best pony. Second is probably Pinkie or AJ depending on my mood.

I have no issues with the scum QT being posted.

Never would have guessed I got neighborized, it basically was a one shot weak cop/friendly neighbor mix. Freaking powerful, if thats what it was this probably was a town sided game. Just normal nieghborizer it would have been fair enough for me not to complain really since cop/vig/BG vs RB is balanced and neighbor isnt a strong role in most ponies hooves.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1699 (ISO) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:53 am

Post by theamatuer »

To be honest, I should have read you again when I though you to be town. I didn't have much reasoning towards that.
I didn't like your buddying towards tarson in the beginning either
Its just whatever

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”