Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1725 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:14 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

In post 1718, saulres wrote:DDD, how did you resolve what random result Locke/Snake would receive? I mean, if they got "Spoonman" from CC that would've handed them the SK.

Like VPB noted, the SK was investigation immune. As to other players if they had more than one ability they were numbered 1 through X top to bottom and a random number generator selected which result was returned.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1726 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:31 pm

Post by Junpei »

Saulres, in my first two games on this site, I was sitting in a lecture several days just thinking about possible outcomes and explanations for the games. I think early on this game can really engross you, as it is a huge mental test and lots of fun. Honestly, if I could do it again, I'd take a break after those two games, but I kept playing and while I now easily separate mafia think-time with life, I feel like this game changes the way I think and perhaps who I am.

I suggest that while you are a great player, you might want to take a break from mafia for a period until you get yourself back into the full swing of your life, and then sign up for another game.

Also, I asked that question because I thought the scum team played a very poor game. Good bye, and good luck! This was a great game, bye again everyone.
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1727 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:12 pm

Post by saulres »

Thanks, Junpei.

At the moment I'm thinking of taking a break from playing, while getting a setup in place to mod a game. Although I plan to watch a game or two that I might find enjoyable, hopefully to the level that I can replace in if needed but not spend time agonizing myself over how to take out the opposing side -- since there is no opposing side when I'm just watching (or modding) :)

I don't think you played a very poor game; there's no way we would have gotten down to LyLo if you did (unless you think town played even worse than "very poor"). While Riggs made a couple of mistakes early on, you kept playing like you were town and had, near as I can tell, the vast majority fooled for a very long time (Amrun is an obvious exception). I finally saw through you as we were approaching N4, and submitted my vig kill of you to DDD even before the night started (in case it was decided by who submitted first), and only just changed it because despite my promise to myself and DDD, I did look at the game during one of the two days night was running and talked myself out of it.

If I hadn't changed, we'd never have known there was different flavor for the tiger kill! :lol:
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1728 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:06 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

I'd just like to apologise to both DDD and my scumbuddies, because I really didn't contribute much to the game and probably shouldn't have signed up in the first place. I know it's a pain to find replacements and I wish I'd had the time to put into it because it looked like a fun setup. Congrats to the town, it felt like pressure was kept on everyone and there were some strong performances.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1729 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:10 am

Post by saulres »

Locke! Nice to see you again!

I've been hoping you'd show up, to clarify if I was right that you breadcrumbed cop here, or if it was just me seeing something that wasn't there that wound up being true?
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1730 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:23 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

That was just me being honest about my reasons for lurking, actually. Normally I'm more active as scum than I am as town, but it didn't prove to be the case. Probably would have made an interesting breadcrumb, though!
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1731 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:22 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Fin
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont