Mini 1246 - Bizarro Mafia: ...Mate! Who won?

hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:46 am

Post by hiplop »

ive psted more content than all yall
third best scummer of all time
Wasabi
Wasabi
Goon
Wasabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:12 am

Post by Wasabi »

Oh, hooray. Well, this is going nowhere fast. Not that I have anything of value to contribute. I really need to come up with a decent early-game strategy, because I'm feeling pretty useless.

Maybe I'll go back and tally up all the fake votes. That'd be
something
at least.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:46 am

Post by mozamis »

Not sure I like the idea of just sitting around wating for the scum kill. Isn't that a bit like voting for a No LYnch in a normal game?
We have a chance (a small one, like in a norma day one game) of lynching scum before their kill.
Haaaaang on. Whilst typing this, realised we can't lynch scum until after they make akill anyway.
Sorry.
But lets not put too much hope in our PR's -we have only a doc and a tracker after all.

@ MOD: COULD YOU CONFIRM THIS OFFICIALLY?
I'm not sure what I should be officially confirming. I think you found the open setup post.
Last edited by Jedo the Jedi on Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:58 am

Post by Otolia »

In post 102, mozamis wrote:But lets not put too much hope in our PR's -we have only a doc and a tracker after all.

The setup is open; You know everything about the role and the mechanics.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:15 am

Post by mozamis »

Yes, but only because someone dug up an old pregame post by the MOd? Or have I got that wrong? Where does the mod say"You have a tracker and a doc"?
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:26 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 3214, Jedo the Jedi wrote:Since I'll be at the top of the list soon...

Bizarro Mafia

An attempt to alter the standard metas of play.

Requirements: One completed game. Six months on-site. History of commitment.

Reviewed by: Kdub, spyrex, and ReaperCharlie

Basically, the Night and Day phases are flipped in terms of events: voting at Night and actions during Day. The setup is open with 3 mafia/1 doc/1 tracker/8 vanilla.

As for previous mod experience, it's all off-site, but I assure you the attention will not be lacking and the game should be interesting.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:26 am

Post by mozamis »

found it sorry.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:04 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 60, ace5993 wrote:
In post 56, hiplop wrote:lets just kill mozamis? RANDOM KILLING is FUN

Hardly random.

I think Junpei is a little butthurt that in the one chance RQS had to completely overpower RVS it completely failed. Also Darox is correct, they are absolutely useless questions not intended to spur conversation in any way (nor is there evidence of the questions helping Junpei in any way).

VisceraEyes - No, I do not support a lynch on anyone right now, but
yes, I do believe mozamis is scum and deserves a wagon on him

Yes, what a well thought out argument. :roll:
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:07 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 73, VisceraEyes wrote:The tracker STILL HAS TO TRACK SOMEONE! People giving their reads and expressing WHO they intend to vote for is INTEGRAL in helping them to decide who is the most suspicious.
I don't care WHAT Socrates has taught you
, what you're proposing is ridiculous.

Let me be the first to break it to you. Socrates has passed away. I am sorry for your loss.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:08 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 77, Junpei wrote:I find it hard to believe that mafia won't insta-kill after the time limit is up. Anyone find reason to doubt this? I think that the PRs should hastily make their decision.

Doesn't it make sense for the PR's to submit their actions after 47 hrs?
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:09 am

Post by Whiskers »

mozamis: Protip: Multiquote.

In post 109, mozamis wrote:
In post 77, Junpei wrote:I find it hard to believe that mafia won't insta-kill after the time limit is up. Anyone find reason to doubt this? I think that the PRs should hastily make their decision.

Doesn't it make sense for the PR's to submit their actions after 47 hrs?

Uh, yeah, sure, if they are all on at exactly 47 hrs. Since it's better to have submitted them than not, I'd rather they prematurely (and therefore possibly randomly or uninformedly) use their powers than not at all.
Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:14 am

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

5 days, 15 hours, 46 minutes
until end of Day (barring the mafia kill).
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

"Mafia is defined as an informed minority vs. an uninformed majority."

V/LA weekends. Posts then are the exception rather than the rule.
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:55 am

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 102, mozamis wrote:Not sure I like the idea of just sitting around wating for the scum kill. Isn't that a bit like voting for a No LYnch in a normal game?
We have a chance (a small one, like in a norma day one game) of lynching scum before their kill.
Haaaaang on. Whilst typing this, realised we can't lynch scum until after they make akill anyway.
Sorry.
But lets not put too much hope in our PR's -we have only a doc and a tracker after all.

@ MOD: COULD YOU CONFIRM THIS OFFICIALLY?
I'm not sure what I should be officially confirming. I think you found the open setup post.

The difference is essentially if we want Scum to have a N0 kill or a daykill during D1. I prefer the former, but it's ruined at this point, so I think going for phase momentum is our best option now.

Can someone more familiar with MS (
Mod?
) clarify if actions are locked when sent? Where I normally play, you can change actions during Nightphase. If that's also the case here., it's clearly best to have the PRs submit any target now, and change it later if they get the chance.

I suppose that varies from mod to mod. The people submitting actions in this game may PM me if they need clarification of the rules regarding this matter.
I don't have anything to put here because my normal signature is images. Weeeeee.
Pads
Pads
Goon
Pads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:49 am

Post by Pads »

I am currently in between two 14 hours shifts at work, but this post will be a summary of where my thinking is at, with more in depth reasoning to come.

If VisceraEyes is scum, he's doing a good enough job of fooling me.

Other than his taking the random questions seriously, I like the cut of TehBrawlGuy's jib enough.

Leaning slightly town on Junpei.

I'm not leaning one way or the other on Mozamis or Otolia yet.

I've got nothing and more nothing on Hiplop.

Ace's belief that someone is scum but shouldn't be lynched is a little oddly phrased. I mean, is there something else you're waiting for, Ace, other than your belief someone is scum to champion their lynch? Proof that he's scum? A little unrealistic, no? I guess wanting to see the wagon first is fine, but it seems a little limp-wristed to be coming from a townie to me.

Darox and Whiskers are easily at the top of my scum list. Both have approached the answering of the questions, not as a way to start conversation, but as a way to participate in a conversation to placate the suspicions of the town. Whiskers, in particular, has a couple of instances where he seems to be interested in making sure the town is satisfied with his participation and any suspicions of him placated, a scum trait in my book all day long.

I'm willing to accept different approaches to playing mafia, but not wanting to discuss his suspicions is straight up anti-town. Whiskers, are you really planning on denying us your insights until the last seventy two hours of each day, so as to 'not aim the scumkill'? Pssstt... the scum know who the town are. They know which townie is the most correct in their scumhunting far better than you do if you're town. That you would even be trying to PR hunt is a further indication that you are not town, though, and you have my pending vote.

Unfortunatley, I'm out of time. I will expound upon the above thoughts and talk more about Darox when I have the opportunity.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:23 pm

Post by Internet Stranger »

If I had to pick a scum, it would probably be Mozamis. He still seems to be trying too damn hard.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:24 pm

Post by hiplop »

NEVERMIND, THIS IS TOWN MOZAMIS. GTFO is his wagon and stuff.
third best scummer of all time
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:07 pm

Post by Whiskers »

Placate town? sure. If town is happy & satisfied with me, What have I to fear?

No, I'll give you my reads if you want them.

I'm not PR hunting. Jesus christ. I get a read, I think it's a PR. Obviously I didn't out it.

And it's not as simple as, "Who is the townie?" Scum will want to NOT kill scummy townies. If I say who my scum suspect is and it's a townie, then the nightkill will not go there, and there is created Wifom and NK speculation (more Wifom).
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:24 pm

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 116, Whiskers wrote:Placate town? sure. If town is happy & satisfied with me, What have I to fear?

No, I'll give you my reads if you want them.

I'm not PR hunting. Jesus christ. I get a read, I think it's a PR. Obviously I didn't out it.

And it's not as simple as, "Who is the townie?" Scum will want to NOT kill scummy townies. If I say who my scum suspect is and it's a townie, then the nightkill will not go there, and there is created Wifom and NK speculation (more Wifom).

Oh, mafia endgaming us, maybe?

And if you can direct the scum NK via claiming someone is suspect, why not claim that on someone you think is town? If that's wine, then why not out your true suspicion so we can get things going? Either or is better than being useless, really. This is somewhat hypocritical of me, since I have nothing more than minor reads atm, but it is a valid point.
I don't have anything to put here because my normal signature is images. Weeeeee.
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:58 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

In post 114, Internet Stranger wrote:If I had to pick a scum, it would probably be Mozamis. He still seems to be trying too damn hard.

Honestly, what part of mozamis play suggests that he's trying at all?
Show
In your Viscera Eyes
Cataracts close the blinds
Let me let comfort come drown by your side.

As Town: 4-4
As Mafia: 5-0
Total Games Completed: 13

Nerd National
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:05 pm

Post by mozamis »

In post 118, VisceraEyes wrote:
In post 114, Internet Stranger wrote:If I had to pick a scum, it would probably be Mozamis. He still seems to be trying too damn hard.

Honestly, what part of mozamis play suggests that he's trying at all?

I am trying. Getting to grips with this different set up is tricky though -interesting, but tricky. Why do you think I'm not trying? :(
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:08 pm

Post by mozamis »

TehBrrawlGuy wrote:The difference is essentially if we want Scum to have a N0 kill or a daykill during D1

I did not understand this. Why would scum not use their kill today? And how could town influence whether they should kill or not? Surely they are going to attempt a kill no matter what, and will succeed unless our Doc is very lucky?
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:44 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

night zero kill, not no kill. XD

It was a joke about you not trying mozamis.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes
Cataracts close the blinds
Let me let comfort come drown by your side.

As Town: 4-4
As Mafia: 5-0
Total Games Completed: 13

Nerd National
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:57 pm

Post by mozamis »

lol no worries :)
I still don't really understand that point -when all is said and done, scum will kill today. (barring lucky doc). So what "no night kill" has to do with it I don't know.
Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:40 am

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

What a tragedy. He was really only minding his own business. Whiskers was such a home-body, always keeping to himself. Reflecting on this, I guess that's what made him an easy target--nobody would even notice his disappearance. Of course, after a few days the neighbors complained of a stench, and the police finally went to investigate. In the end, the place was condemned and torched a week later.

Whiskers, Vanilla Townie
, has been killed.

Day will end 72 hours from this post.
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

"Mafia is defined as an informed minority vs. an uninformed majority."

V/LA weekends. Posts then are the exception rather than the rule.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:40 am

Post by Junpei »

Hiplop needs emergency rope if we can't find a better target, I need to make a bigger effort to put more attention to this game, as well as others, I'm used to being able to fully immerse myself in a game, and I haven't been able to do that.

Ace and Darox also have little content and are suspicious for that reason.

Otolia has done nothing but setup speculation.

Internet Stranger has just posted waffling on his read on Mozamis.

TehBrawlGuy and Pads have both shown signs of good scumhunting.

Mozamis is basically fluff and setup speculation

ThirdKoopa only has answered RQS.

VisceraEyes has done a lot of scumhunting.

Wasabi has done almost nothing.

Now we have the Whiskers kill... I think that the main reason for this is that his "I caught 1 PR and 1 scum" seemed like a double threat of possibly being a PR and maybe actually of having found something, so scum hastily killed Whiskers. This is important to note, as it shows the personality of the scum team. Also note that it is very very likely that scum have
day
night talk. These two things should help us going forward deciding who to lynch.

Another thing I've noticed is that only 4 of the town are scumhunting actively it would seem, this is an environment that scum thrive in, and needs to be changed or we will surely lose. I'm toying with the idea of having tracker claim tomorrow for doctor protection, but I'm not sure if it's worth it or not.

I will need to do more analysis on each of the players, because there is nothing overly suspicious from afar, but it is all in the details.
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”