Mini 1246 - Bizarro Mafia: ...Mate! Who won?

VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:53 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

But HOW people vote also helps determine who is the most suspicious. For instance, what if someone thinks YOU are the most townie player in the game and I'VE now decided I'm voting for you. Well, wow, NOW the tracker has someone they find suspicious to track! People just giving their reads isn't enough, VOTES are what matter Oto. How we use our ONE vote is what is important in the grand scheme of things. Reads don't mean ANYTHING by comparison.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes
Cataracts close the blinds
Let me let comfort come drown by your side.

As Town: 4-4
As Mafia: 5-0
Total Games Completed: 13

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:55 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

And conversely, the DOCTOR has to pick from people he thinks scum are likely to kill. HOW is he supposed to know that without the knowledge of A) who he finds suspicious, and B) WHO IS VOTING FOR THE PEOPLE HE FINDS SUSPICIOUS?
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:56 pm

Post by Junpei »

I find it hard to believe that mafia won't insta-kill after the time limit is up. Anyone find reason to doubt this? I think that the PRs should hastily make their decision.
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:57 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

In post 77, Junpei wrote:I find it hard to believe that mafia won't insta-kill after the time limit is up. Anyone find reason to doubt this? I think that the PRs should hastily make their decision.

^ THIS ^

Junpei, what are your thoughts on Oto's idea?
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:01 pm

Post by Junpei »

I think it is flawed for the same reason it would be flawed in a normal game. Not voting to not give the mafia an idea of who the town PRs might target is silly. Although perhaps a better analogy is, as you said, reads over votes. Poor philosophy, but I don't think it is a scum tell.

VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:05 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

Not alone, but what about that combined with his attempt to garner town-cred?
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:06 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

Plus the fact that he's NOT participating in any discussion revolving around who might be scum.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:07 pm

Post by Junpei »

The fact all his ISO is setup speculation on this topic and he criticized someone for not having anything to contribute after 3 pages is suspect, I agree.

Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:11 pm

Post by Otolia »

When you are confronted to something you don't understand, you try to analyze it, you don't jump on it and start to bash your head in order to make it work.

Speaking about an unusual setup is contributing in every way of the word.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:12 pm

Post by Junpei »

Otolia do you got any reads you'd like to share? Any RQS you'd like to answer?

Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:21 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 83, Otolia wrote:When you are confronted to something you don't understand, you try to analyze it, you don't jump on it and start to bash your head in order to make it work.

Speaking about an unusual setup is contributing in every way of the word.

What is it you don't understand?
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:26 pm

Post by Otolia »

Your RQS was quite pointless if I may say so, but if you want me to answer it so that you can get your reads so be it.

1) I like you but you are not a poet.

2) I have an insanely good logical intuition.

3) I try to anticipate but probably ends up reacting in most cases because I value adaptation over preparation

4) I live it that world in the sense that I am smarter than most thus less likely to be wrond. I do lie but most of the times it has nothing to do with intelligence.

Indeed my main concern is the detrimental influence of VisceralEyes who is doing perfectly what he wanted to chase people for :

In post 35, VisceraEyes wrote:For my part, I'll be focusing on those of us who are more interested in spamming the thread than actually scumhunting. There are already a couple of good candidates, which is actually NOT a good sign.

When you end up doing what you want to accuse people for, you are either dumb or not paying attention to your own reasons and both of them deserve attention from the town.

Aside from him, Whiskers and Mozamis didn't say much, you stand out as very neutral. Others can't be read right now.

@Whiskers : The best way to catch scum in a time race.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:32 pm

Post by Whiskers »

The way we are handling it, this game should be really really easy. At least, easier than normal games.

We have all the (potential) votes listed as we fos each other. We get the nightkill to analyze during the day. All this is, is that we get to react to the NK immediately, and redirect vote accordingly.
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:36 pm

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 6, Junpei wrote:RQS!
1)
Of fire and ice, I proceed.
From my cage I have been freed.
The cage of flesh and bone,
with what I once forbode.

What was in your cage?

2) Some prefer logic, others their gut, how say you?

3) Are you one who anticipates the enemy move, or one who reacts to the enemy's moves?

4) In a world where you could never be critisized for being wrong (because no one would know that you are wrong) would you lie more often than normal? Would you speak your mind/do things more than normal?

Gotta go for now, but when I get back, I'll analyze the mechanics more.

1) Magic.

2) Gut to tell who I should spend my time using more of my logic on, logic to tell which of those people are Scum.

3) The former.

4) Depends on why they'd never know I was wrong, really. I would probably lie less as a deity figure to set an example, but if it was just some sort of logic-warp I'd probably lie more. I'm pretty used to speaking my mind anyway, so I doubt I'd do that more.

In post 44, Whiskers wrote:
In post 6, Junpei wrote:RQS!
1)
Of fire and ice, I proceed.
From my cage I have been freed.
The cage of flesh and bone,
with what I once forbode.

What was in your cage?

2) Some prefer logic, others their gut, how say you?

3) Are you one who anticipates the enemy move, or one who reacts to the enemy's moves?

4) In a world where you could never be critisized for being wrong (because no one would know that you are wrong) would you lie more often than normal? Would you speak your mind/do things more than normal?

Gotta go for now, but when I get back, I'll analyze the mechanics more.

1:
I
was in my cage. I don't know what you were describing, but it was in it's cage, not mine.
2: Logic, but gut is easier. I prefer Logic from others.
3: I anticipate. I write out scenarios and go, "Well, if we massclaim now, then this, this, this, or this could happen. If X is scum and this happens, then Y is definitely town, but if" And go through every plausible scenario. Somepony else said something about how you can't Not react to what happens, and that's true. But I like to try to plan/think ahead. I also make sure it's out in the open so everypony can benefit from it.
4: I don't even know how to react to this. If I could not be wrong, I would be far more sure of myself. But I know that some of the appeal of lying is the idea that you have to be able to get away with it.
The way you pose the question, I picture myself dressed in a gold toga and an olive wreath and eating grapes and I am ceasar of the world and everypony is waiting in a loooong, single-file line to ask me a question and since I know everything apparently (or I can never be considered to be wrong), I answer all their questions and they revere me for it.

There you go, there's your stupid frickin' Rqs.

As far as #1, I assumed you were in the cage with whatever it was. How I got to magic: By the proceeding of ice and fire, there's clearly a mystical element, and it was something forbidden. Think alchemy for anyone who's played Golden Sun.

Personally, I'm glad we have this RQS. It lets you know people better. Not only is that good because it feels like you're playing with friends, but it makes analyzing people a lot easier. i.e. if someone's clearly a jokester, you can factor in that when they've shifted votes for joke reasons in RVS a lot.

In post 50, VisceraEyes wrote:hiplop it's not an interrogation bro. Why don't you like being questioned? Is it that you don't like being under scrutiny? DO YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE HIPLOP?!?!??1!??!ELEVEN

Dammit, you beat me to it.

In post 52, Otolia wrote:I am against pseudo-voting for someone until the kill is done by the Mafia. Voting clearly identify the danger for the scum. We have to work without in order to set-up a clean field for the PR to work with. Once the kill is done and provided that the PR didn't die, we can work on agreeing upon the Night Lynch.

What do you think that ?

Why not push your biggest gut Town tell to ensure they live, then? Too risky/scummy looking if you get called out before you can reveal it yourself? Biggest Town tell not town enough to justify said risk?

In post 61, Darox wrote:Nope, unless you're really terrible at reacting.

If you're doing anything right, you should already have considered all the possible moves they could make and an appropriate response so that you can leap into action with after only minor tweaking to your plans as the situation demands

This. See: Xanatos Speed Chess.

In post 74, Otolia wrote:Tracking is related to the people accomplishing the action, thus it doesn't matter which person the scum is likely to kill because what matters for the tracker is who is gonna make the kill. Giving your reads is fine, pseudo-voting is not because when you can express your reads on many people, you can only vote for one which clearly pinpoint the danger for the scum and manipulate that to their liking.

The tracker has to pick a target before the scum and that's a hindrance, but likewise the scum has to decide which townie to kill. That's a race against time between town PRs and scum and when we are before the kill, we shouldn't vote.

Then vote a Towntell to manipulate the goddamn kill. Lying as Town is perfectly acceptable if you do it right, the problem's simply that it's dangerous if it goes wrong.

In post 75, VisceraEyes wrote:But HOW people vote also helps determine who is the most suspicious. For instance, what if someone thinks YOU are the most townie player in the game and I'VE now decided I'm voting for you. Well, wow, NOW the tracker has someone they find suspicious to track! People just giving their reads isn't enough, VOTES are what matter Oto. How we use our ONE vote is what is important in the grand scheme of things. Reads don't mean ANYTHING by comparison.

Can you not caps words you're emphasizing? It makes it more difficult to read. italics or bold is better.

I was very, very close to voting Otolia, but I've re-read and I like him well enough.

I originally thought he was wrong on not voting, but he's actually right this point. Mafia random killing > mafia killing someone who looks Town. Voting definitely does pinpoint who is or isn't seen as scummy - it's why we always vote normally. Depriving the mafia of that information make their kill closer to a random kill. Tracker choice is essentially wine between whether mafia will pick a more ProTown scum to kill, thinking tracker will track a suspicion of his, or a scummier player, thinking tracker will assume that they wouldn't do that. Doctor is better with ProTown players, but it's certainly up for debate whether forcing a less informed mafia kill is better. Set-up speculation in the first pages is the best thing (or one of the) you can do, really.

Meta argument after 3 pages is obv. bullshit, and deserved to be called as such unless you want it to break RVS, and I hate meta arguments anyway.

Don't really like any vote at this point, would like to see VE v. Otolia pan out.
VE's #81 is correct, but so is Otolia's #88. VE's obv. trying to alpha male the Town, but whether that's because he's on a "I've caught Scum" drive, or because he's Scum himself I'm not sure.
I don't have anything to put here because my normal signature is images. Weeeeee.
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:38 pm

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

EBWOP: I hate when I proofread my post, send it, and then see two errors. >_>
I don't have anything to put here because my normal signature is images. Weeeeee.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:40 pm

Post by hiplop »

moar sheeping of me plz
third best scummer of all time
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:41 pm

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 90, hiplop wrote:moar sheeping of me plz

I will sheep the shit out of you if you don't post content. :twisted:
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:42 pm

Post by Darox »

fake vote on mozanbi

Can we get a fake hammer in here?
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:45 pm

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 92, Darox wrote:fake vote on mozanbi

Can we get a fake hammer in here?

....do you people have some confusion with what content is?
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by Darox »

I fake don't even fake know what the fake votecount is up to, but fake you should be fake voting him so that he's one fake step closer to fake lynch.
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:51 pm

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 94, Darox wrote:I fake don't even fake know what the fake votecount is up to, but fake you should be fake voting him so that he's one fake step closer to fake lynch.

Fake you.

but seriously i will ride you until you post content
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:52 pm

Post by Whiskers »

So I've already pegged one of the PRs and one of the Scum, I think.

I mean, I have some reads.

[PreEdit]
Otolia: Fake votes are one thing--- you don't have to support them yet-- there is no Night...Daykill!?, so they are
fairly
random at this point. These Dayvotes could be used to influence or guide the scum.

Giving my actual reads is another. Giving my real reads, this very easily
could
influence a
night
Daykill for the worse.

[Preedit AGAIN]
Darox: Could you bother making a fake case on your fake suspect? I don't want to fake mislynch.

[Preedit one more time]
Why the fuck you all ninja'n me?
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:14 pm

Post by Darox »

In post 95, TehBrawlGuy wrote:Fake you.

Cute.
You do that. In my myriad games that I have played, I am know for crumbling quickly under pressure, so keep it up and you'll be sure to get results.

In other news, pretending to have reads could easily influence a kill as well.
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:02 pm

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 97, Darox wrote:
In post 95, TehBrawlGuy wrote:Fake you.

Cute.
You do that. In my myriad games that I have played, I am know for crumbling quickly under pressure, so keep it up and you'll be sure to get results.

In other news, pretending to have reads could easily influence a kill as well.

...So you're not posting content for fear of influencing the kill? Why not try to influence it in your favor?
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:35 pm

Post by Darox »

:roll:

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”