Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:23 pm

Post by Seacore »

Really? Oh dear.

Let me try and explain it a bit slower.
I was discussing what I thought was, so far, the best lynch choice of today.
You told me that I didn't have a good enough reason for deciding it was the best lynch choice of today.
So I asked you what your criteria were
You responded with three criteria that are currently inaccessible. Two of them require the scum team to cock up, which they haven't done yet, and the third requires we wait until the end of the day and evaluate.

I then, rather flippantly, tried to point out that we can't really discuss anything in game.

You seem to be okay with RVS, randomly discussing who to lynch. Each of these random targets has 8/12 chance of being a mislynch. The consequences of some of these mislynches are bad for town. If I die, we lose a confirmed townie. If Kelso dies, we lose a JK. etc.
Conversley, there are 4 scum lynches out there. Some of them have really minor side effects for the scum, like losing Bob, since we as town would probably end up dictating (to a certain degree) where the inventions go anyway.

But you seem okay with that.

You aren't okay with discussing somebody who has the same chance as anybody else at being scum or being a mislynch under the context of minimising the risk and maximising the benefit. An invisible townie is not helpful. An invisible scum is terribad for the rest of us.
kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit
Pronoun: He

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:27 pm

Post by kdowns »

Seacore, if you are dead before Day 3 even starts that Confirmed townie wont even be of any use to us, and unless you're scum, I am sure that the Scum or the SK is going to attempt to get rid of you before you even have the chance to even get it.

And do please explain the 4 scum lynches to me please.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:30 pm

Post by Seacore »

The plan is to JK me every night until then. I have no active abilities, so JK doesn't hurt me.
Hell, even if the JK just threatens to target me every night, the scum won't waste their shots.

I'm including 3 mafia and 1 SK in my 4 scum.
kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:35 pm

Post by kdowns »

But How would that stop us from assuming that you could be potentially with the Scum and ending up giving us false information when it comes to Day 3, unlike your confirmed townie that gets PMed to you on Day 3, you're not a confirmed townie at all. That just means we have to be suspicious of you as we get closer to that point.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:43 pm

Post by Seacore »

More information is always good.
On Day 3 Town-Seacore will provide a confirmed townie to the town.
On Day 3 Scum-Seacore will be forced to provide a name to the town.
Subsequently, if Town-Seacore dies, that townie is confirmed. If scum-seacore dies, that townie is not confirmed (but not necessarily scum)

Lynching Town-Seacore before this happens - major benefit to scum and major loss to town
Lynching Scum-Seaore before this happens - small gain to town (due to elimination of noise) small loss to scum (they get to work out that somebody isn't the SK)

The point, kdowns, is that everybody is potentially scum. At this point the only information we have, until reads get developed and flips happen, is what roles are out there.

But I'm done discussing this. Your defence so far is not convincing. It's still "no don't vote me for that! Somebody else could be scum".
Start putting down some reads or just go quiet until you have some reads to put down. Either way, trying to convince me that you aren't a good lynch because you might be a mislynch is ineffective
kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:48 pm

Post by kdowns »

Seacore, I've moved on from that point, I am just trying to show you the many ways of how any role can be scum and shouldn't get a free pass just based on their role.
Also, I know that all we have is the roles of the people, but starting a wagon based on this is not the way to go, give it a few more days until we actually have some legit reasons why someone should be lynched.

Has anyone seen a version of Seacore's role done before, and if it's completed can you please link it.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:48 pm

Post by hiplop »

Kdowns he has a point. If we HAD to lynch right this instanr, youd be the best bet
third best scummer of all time
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:50 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 88, Seacore wrote:It's not even about outguessing the mod.

It's basically saying this:

We know every PR in the game AND who has them.
Day 1 is nearly always a random lynch, since nobody has good evidence yet, unless somebody wants to claim scum?

So a good place to start with a lynch is "what role can we remove that will hurt scum the most to lose, and hurt town the least to move?" And the answer is it's the Hyde role.

There is this funny thing you can also do in this game......it's called scum hunting.

I'm not lynching based on what or what may be part of the scum team. If kdowns reads scum then hell yes I agree with the thought process. If he reads town why are you trying are we even talking?
You want to lynch someone based on no info other then "could be"?

Bullshit I say.

Let me try and explain it a bit slower.
I was discussing what I thought was, so far, the best lynch choice of today.

Why is Seacore talking about the best lynch of the day instead of scum hunting and why is Seacore saying lets lynch this person as it's best because the role is better for scum then town?
Like really is scum hunting this hard on you for some reason?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:51 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 106, hiplop wrote:Kdowns he has a point. If we HAD to lynch right this instanr, youd be the best bet

We are not lynching this second so I find the discussion pointless.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:55 pm

Post by Seacore »

Farside, information is generated by discussing lynches. I'd rather discuss then best lynch (so far) of the day than any other lynch.

How's your scum hunting going? I see some great substance in your posts, I can see how your method is much better than mine.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:57 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 109, Seacore wrote:Farside, information is generated by discussing lynches. I'd rather discuss then best lynch (so far) of the day than any other lynch.

How's your scum hunting going? I see some great substance in your posts, I can see how your method is much better than mine.

So far I'm waiting for CS. I have my own reasons for this. How's your PL lynching going? You think you found scum there?

And yes what you are suggesting is a PL but based on role then player.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:04 pm

Post by Seacore »

Policy lynches on roles, not always bad things.

And my discussion around the policy lynch, is indeed generating information. I think I may have actually found scum there based on the reaction, although it's not firm.

Seems my actions in generating discussion and information are doing a whole lot more than your 'waiting' and telling people to scum hunt. Good to know. Thanks for the advice.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:10 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 111, Seacore wrote:Policy lynches on roles, not always bad things.

And my discussion around the policy lynch, is indeed generating information. I think I may have actually found scum there based on the reaction, although it's not firm.

Seems my actions in generating discussion and information are doing a whole lot more than your 'waiting' and telling people to scum hunt. Good to know. Thanks for the advice.

Discussion is one things. When you sound like you are serious I find it highly questionable.

I doubt that.

Sure I'll just be pointing out those that blend in and offer nothing to the discussion

HI HIPLOP!!!

Counter point?
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:16 pm

Post by Seacore »

So, you think better information on people's intentions is gained when you say

"Here's something that I'm not serious about, discuss"?

Or

"Here is a really good idea that we should totally do"?

If it comes down to the deadline, and we have nobody better, I'll be absolutely for lynching kdowns. Both based on the 'policy lynch' component and on his reaction.
Therefore, at the moment, to me, he's todays best lynch.
But yes, I'm watching for his defence, I'm watching for other people commenting on the case, either for or against, I'm also watching people who aren't contributing.
It's early days, I haven't finished scum hunting. In fact, the whole purpose of the conversation is to start scum hunting.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:23 pm

Post by Quilford »

VOTE: kdowns

MoI is also scum. hiplop too.

Now to find the SK.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:52 pm

Post by iamausername »

In post 93, Seacore wrote:I am not saying you should be the inevitable lynch. But whereas most games are forced to start with some random wagons or some contrived "scum tells" to get the ball rolling, the benefit/risk analysis of lynching your role gives us a good start to this game.

Seacore gets it.

He's looking pretty good, too; it's obvious that this position would be contraversial, because annoying people hate to have their sacred RVS interrupted too quickly, and obviously there are legitimate reasons to have concerns about it too. I could definitely see scum agreeing with my initial post, but I'm not sure that they'd want to take centre stage in pushing the argument. Scum Seacore would more likely leave it at his first 'in character' post, agreeing with me, but with plausible deniability as to how serious he was about it.

kdowns' response is harder to judge, because he'd get defensive either way. I think it's pretty much null.

kdowns wrote:
I think Iam is possibly the more scummier one for now due to the fact that he actually brought this up as a case when the RVS had pretty much started.

If you think this, why are you voting for hiplop?

In post 114, Quilford wrote:VOTE: kdowns

Now to find the SK.

Why is kdowns scum?
Why is MoI scum?
Why is hiplop scum?
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:07 am

Post by Quilford »

iamausername wrote:
In post 114, Quilford wrote:VOTE: kdowns

Now to find the SK.

Why is kdowns scum?
Why is MoI scum?
Why is hiplop scum?
[/quote]
Absolutely no reason whatsoever.

Why did you take me seriously?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:11 am

Post by iamausername »

Because there is serious discussion going on. In particular, discussion about the viability of a wagon on the person that you just happened to vote for. Is that a total coincidence?

What exactly do you expect to achieve by calling people scum for no reason whatsoever at this point in the game?
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:16 am

Post by Quilford »

In post 117, iamausername wrote:Because there is serious discussion going on. In particular, discussion about the viability of a wagon on the person that you just happened to vote for. Is that a total coincidence?

Does it matter?

Clearly I don't go accusing people of being scum on page 4 or whatever when most of the players haven't posted with the intent of being taken seriously. If I did, I would provide reasoning.

In post 117, iamausername wrote:What exactly do you expect to achieve by calling people scum for no reason whatsoever at this point in the game?

Reactions, which get me reads.

For example, the scumread I just attained on you.
kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:17 am

Post by kdowns »

IAAUN- My vote on Hiplop was totally random.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:17 am

Post by Quilford »

Whoops.

VOTE: iamausername
ConSpiracy
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:25 am

Post by ConSpiracy »

In post 85, farside22 wrote:@Iam: It's been a long time since I played small town. I thought the alignment was random and had nothing to do with what role was picked.?

I agree with what you say about Quil JK, seacore.

vote: CS

To get the argument over with early.

You too, farside, you too.
In post 84, Seacore wrote:Hey, Red, man, Red. I served in WW2, you and I, we gotta stick together.

But I agree with Midge, man, Hyde's sneaky. Sometimes, I can't even see him! Like when I'm at home and he's not there.

Unvote. Vote kdowns

How convenient, when you happen to be Leo. And that you were supportive of this 5 minutes after iam and didn't even think of this yourself before.
In post 98, Seacore wrote:So
A) Major Scum Yell
B) Seems legitimately scummy
C) Has seemed fairly scummy all day

Okay, so A and B seem much the same and require a fairly incompetent scum team
C is out of reach

So since it's not appropriate to talk about lynching anybody, because there isn't a good reason to do so, anybody seen any good TV lately?

How come you play mafia?
In post 106, hiplop wrote:Kdowns he has a point. If we HAD to lynch right this instanr, youd be the best bet

Lawl, insert needless comment here.
In post 118, Quilford wrote:
In post 117, iamausername wrote:Because there is serious discussion going on. In particular, discussion about the viability of a wagon on the person that you just happened to vote for. Is that a total coincidence?

Does it matter?

Clearly I don't go accusing people of being scum on page 4 or whatever when most of the players haven't posted with the intent of being taken seriously. If I did, I would provide reasoning.

In post 117, iamausername wrote:What exactly do you expect to achieve by calling people scum for no reason whatsoever at this point in the game?

Reactions, which get me reads.

For example, the scumread I just attained on you.

Really Quilford, if it was a joke you wouldn't have answered this irritated.

Vote: Quilford

Seacore and hiplop are close to him.

Farside, how lovely you waited for me. Now do some actual scum hunting instead of whining about there not being scum hunting.
If somebody has tools to fix my scumdar, pm me.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:44 am

Post by Quilford »

Oh so ConSpiracy, you thought I was being perfectly serious when I called MoI, kdowns and hiplop scum on Page 5 with no reasoning when half the playerlist hasn't posted. Definitely.

Also, perhaps you might consider that iamausername used my joke to level an accusation at me as a reason for me being irritated instead of setting up your false dichotomy.

VOTE: ConSpiracy

At least one of you and iamausername are scum.
ConSpiracy
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:52 am

Post by ConSpiracy »

In post 122, Quilford wrote:Oh so ConSpiracy, you thought I was being perfectly serious when I called MoI, kdowns and hiplop scum on Page 5 with no reasoning when half the playerlist hasn't posted. Definitely.

Also, perhaps you might consider that iamausername used my joke to level an accusation at me as a reason for me being irritated instead of setting up your false dichotomy.

VOTE: ConSpiracy

At least one of you and iamausername are scum.

May bad, I worded it wrong.
There is no need for irritation (as town) for explaining the joke.
Yet you were.

Also I love you defending iam now with her actions when you voted her before your last post.
Also do you know what a false dichotomy is?
Because I think black and white thinking in a town vs. mafia game isn't really false... At all...
If somebody has tools to fix my scumdar, pm me.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:59 am

Post by Quilford »

wait, what?

I never said it was a joke in the first place. It was a reaction test.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”