Flame Warriors U-Pick; Troll wins it for his team!

Mystery_Account
Mystery_Account
Townie
Mystery_Account
Townie
Townie

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:56 pm

Post by Mystery_Account »

It does not work. I cannot be lynched. But that's good thinking.

I am a player within the game. I cannot tell you who. You don not need to know. The point of this is for you not to know. I have a purpose though. I will do my best to protect the town.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:51 pm

Post by Primate »

Hyup. Couting time until mystery account posts under the wrong account.

Upick choice claim no. If public information of role info (say vig kill methods) becomes known later it'll be easy to tie it back to the original role, and I don't really think there's a benefit to doing so.

I appreciate that it's early game but I reckon hoppster's Shadow Dancer vote's reasoning is a null tell.

Someone earlier mentioned George Bush. I'm not too worried about him as a threat. It'll soon become obvious if he is here, because as soon as we vote for anyone else for lynch he will rig the system LIKE HE DID IN 2000. DONT MIND SEEING HIM WIN THIS TIME.

Oversouls suggestion of upick claim is interesting as to how it reflects on his alignment. Later in the game I'd take suggesting sweeping actions to be a decent pro-town tell, but I could see upick suggestions being thrown out there by a scum without thinking just cause it's something to suggest to get some involvement seen without actually having to do any thinking.

Something about Shadow Dancers comment on Hoppster in #21 I'm not a fan of and I'm not 100% what. I think it's because the "so serious" comment seems unecessary except to lessen his position there, and given the context of it being a vote on you, it falls broadly into the area of attacking your attacker. Not too bothered about that though, it's minor if it's there at all.

Mise well
Vote Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:53 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Hmm...

Yeah, let's test this out a bit:

unvote. vote Mystery

Must be either mod or god or something ...

Anyway, does "we don't need to know" mean that your real name does not appear on the player list or that you are a secondary account of some else who is also posting under his/her real account?
Tragedy
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:54 pm

Post by Tragedy »

Hoppster wrote:Claiming your actual warrior is a bad idea I think. The random account raises a good point - scum can probably just claim their actual pick so it doesn't really make a difference. slaxx said picks will have no bearing on alignment.

Claiming your 4 choices probably wouldn't hurt a great deal yet probably wouldn't be hugely beneficial either. I'm a bit 'meh' on that.

We can still confirm whether some douche is lying about their Pick based on our choices since someone already took X.
Though our Pick only has a bearing on our ability/abilities.
'Cept I hate it.
I blame you for this.
For I have been awaiting for another heart pounding segment of
Dokidoki Precure!

[10/15/2013 - 00:13] -
Tragedy
~
I wish for Kami-nii-sama to have better naming skills.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:04 pm

Post by Primate »

In post 28, Tragedy wrote:
Hoppster wrote:Claiming your actual warrior is a bad idea I think. The random account raises a good point - scum can probably just claim their actual pick so it doesn't really make a difference. slaxx said picks will have no bearing on alignment.

Claiming your 4 choices probably wouldn't hurt a great deal yet probably wouldn't be hugely beneficial either. I'm a bit 'meh' on that.

We can still confirm whether some douche is lying about their Pick based on our choices since someone already took X.
Though our Pick only has a bearing on our ability/abilities.
'Cept I hate it.
Unless I'm missing something the only way this would be useful is if all four of the roles they say they suggest are taken by living players. That's incredible unlikely and it's better to just wait, drive them to claim, and then get the one guy with the crossover to counterclaim.

I am pretty tired at the minute though so I probably am.

PS: I didn't comment on Hoppsters Gaoth vote earlier. I don't really think there's anything to that either.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:05 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 21, Shadow Dancer wrote:OK, first impressions so far:
- Gaoth has the winds.
- Hop is silly and doesn't make much sense... But if his vote was so serious, why did you unvote immediatelly just to prod-vote Gaoth?
- Over is fencesitting hardcore... Producing posts this long with mostly useless quotes in them is unethical this early in the game! Tell me, Over, which use do
you
see in an early "Upick-choice" claim. And what exactly do you mean by "u-pick choice" the complete list that every one sent to Slaxx or just what roles we actually got?

And:
All
pokemons are crap... Please don't even try and talk to me about pokemons.

What? What am I fencesitting on? You and Hoppster? I think that my comment, jumping to conclusions, shows that I don't agree with Hoppster. I find this post odd considering you have two supercilious comments and then a rather serious one with regards to me.

And no. Pokemon is the shit. You have no childhood if you think otherwise.

A upick choice in the 4 choices that you sent in... it would lock people into the 4 choices that they submitted for future use in the game and it really doesn't given any information to scum.

In post 22, Mystery_Account wrote:I will need to have this game saved to this secret account. But more on me later. Maybe. Actually only if I feel like it, to be honest. Just remember: To the scum - I am watching you. And to the town - I am watching over you.

But first, to you Oversoul. Do you think that is honestly a good idea? Having good Warriors claim their picks is very dangerous for them. And scum can most likely claim their choice without worry. After all, any warrior can take any side in any given situation. So I am against it.

Ohaider, God. Interesting that everyone seems to be using Seraph like roles. O_o

Is there any information that you can give us that would make a Upick choice bad? I never said that we must claim, I just wanted to see everyone's opinions, but apparently I am nuts/scum for suggesting it. :roll:

In post 23, Shadow Dancer wrote:Who are you? Are you a player? If yes, who are you? Is this related to some game mechanics? Or just some shenanigans on your own account?

Nice rolefish. Maybe I should be voting you. VOTE: Shadow Dancer

Hoppster wrote:
In post 20, Oversoul wrote:
In post 15, Hoppster wrote:
In post 12, Shadow Dancer wrote:Hmm... I don't know most of the players here...

"I TOTALLY HAVEN'T BEEN TALKING IN MY PRE-GAME SCUM QT - LOOK, I HARDLY KNOW ANYBODY HERE! IF I HAD A SCUM QT I WOULD KNOW MORE PEOPLE!"

Jumping to conclusions I see? At least we are out of RVS.

wut

I chose the scummiest thing that had happened so far and cast my vote accordingly - to get out of the crappy jokey RVS-vote stage and also to put pressure on something that was genuinely scummy (albeit to a fairly minor degree). I don't see how that is jumping to conclusions.

I fail to see how that comment of Shadow's is what you are implying it is.

Hoppster wrote:
Upick choice claim? Yes? No?

Claiming your actual warrior is a bad idea I think. The random account raises a good point - scum can probably just claim their actual pick so it doesn't really make a difference. slaxx said picks will have no bearing on alignment.

Obviously we wouldn't be claiming our actual warriors, just the choices we sent into Slaxx. I see this game being a Blackest Night Mafia, where the pick choices actually lead to outting scum, but everyone is against that.

Hoppster wrote:
In post 18, Hoppster wrote:hey Gaoth what are your thoughts on serious votes

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Gaoth

This is just my insurance to make sure you don't miss this post like you appear to have missed my last one.

Hoppster.
[redacted]
[redacted!]
[REDACTED!]
:(

Obviously I know which game you're referring to but I don't see how it is relevant in any shape or form. So I'm just going to ignore that.
[/quote]

Nothing lol. Just hoping we can have that special connection again. :p

Shadow, Mystery already said that voting it is useless...

pedit: Nice to play with you again, Primate.
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 10, Gaoth wrote:
vote: scumhunter

@Sir Bastion: May I ask why your name is a clear bastardization of the amazing rock and steel type, Bastiodon?

No its not. simple as.

I notice I am playing with scumhunter again...

great two games were he says nothing :(

In post 14, Shadow Dancer wrote:
In post 10, Gaoth wrote:

@Sir Bastion: May I ask why your name is a clear bastardization of the amazing rock and steel type, Bastiodon?

May I ask you what the heck a "gaoth" is? Is it some kind of goth? Or a goat? Or what?

goth goat?

In post 15, Hoppster wrote:Two unvotes-then-revotes that appear to still be jokey-votes. I am disappointed. I understand some people like to have 'fun' at the beginning of the game, but the votes so far are neither funny nor productive.

Sooooo

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Shadow Dancer

This is a serious vote.

In post 12, Shadow Dancer wrote:Hmm... I don't know most of the players here...

"I TOTALLY HAVEN'T BEEN TALKING IN MY PRE-GAME SCUM QT - LOOK, I HARDLY KNOW ANYBODY HERE! IF I HAD A SCUM QT I WOULD KNOW MORE PEOPLE!"

Quick check of his past games...He's played with Scumhunter before. Small bit of weight to this argument.

In post 16, Gaoth wrote:
In post 11, dramonic wrote:...
Gaoth, bastion is an actual word <_<

Obviously a word which came from the sheer defensive wall that is Bastiodon!

In post 13, Tragedy wrote:
In post 10, Gaoth wrote:

Unvote, Vote: Gaoth

That's not an amazing rock/steel type pokemon! And what kind of a bastard
are
you!?

What are you talking about!? The fossils from gen IV are quite clearly the best since gen I, if not better, barring archeops in gen V, and should be treated with respect! Bastiodon's defenses cannot be rivaled, and should be respected!!!
In post 14, Shadow Dancer wrote:
In post 10, Gaoth wrote:

May I ask you what the heck a "gaoth" is? Is it some kind of goth? Or a goat? Or what?

Gaoth comes from the Scotch Gaelic word for "high wind," so imagine my answer to this question is my Pideot hitting you with Hurricane. That's what a Gaoth is. OHKO.

Its also scotch gaelic for farting

while Irish Gaelic it means wise.

Its clear now which of the two had their heads up their arse.

I am a player within the game. I cannot tell you who. You don not need to know. The point of this is for you not to know. I have a purpose though. I will do my best to protect the town.

So... we just wait til everyone else who is playing has posted?

unvote

Does anyone know if its more activity or less activity that causes the battery to drain quicker? I'm assuming in logic world its more, I rather not have it run out while we are still on RVS votes?

Since its the only partial lead to go on in the mean time

vote shadow dancer
Scum:
nk bastion cos he is never being lynched imo.

I don't honestly think Sir Bastion is a PR, he's too outspoken for it. But he's also a pain in the ass.
Mystery_Account
Mystery_Account
Townie
Mystery_Account
Townie
Townie

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:23 pm

Post by Mystery_Account »

Last post from this account for tonight. It it to tell you that my regular account is obviously also playing this game. All names are already posted and if I simply did not use my actual account then you would all figure out who I was. Besides that there is also the fact that this account has abilities. The ability of anonymity being but one.
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:24 pm

Post by Duplicity »

Just about to head out to a poker tournament but should be back later today. Setup wise I'm leaning towards this likely being a 4 scum and one third party setup with heavy amounts of power roles. Reasoning behind why can be explained if needed but most of it is Slaxx-hosting-meta-related. Right now I have a few weak town reads but no real scum reads and I want to have a discussion with Gorilla before I consider outting those. I think I know who Mystery Head is and believe they're town so the voting on them should stop, similarly the Shadow Dancer case is incredibly weak and although I love the initiative of trying to push out of RVS piling votes on him isn't the right way of doing it.

The U-Pick claiming is sub-optimal, the choices that people made are not related to their alignment at all since they were picked previously meaning reasoning behind the choices or the choices themselves will garner us no real information. Sure it may lock scum into a selection of four potential roles but at the same time as seen in Any Band mafia will just be claiming their own abilities as town abilities and thus discussion on whether we should claim now needs to cease.

Also can the quote walls stop pretty please.
There are three ways of dealing with difference: domination, compromise, and integration. By domination only one side gets what it wants; by compromise neither side gets what it wants; by integration we find a way by which both sides may get what they wish. - Mary Parker Follett.
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:38 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

Was that a quick log out of mystery account and into real account before the poker? ;)
Scum:
nk bastion cos he is never being lynched imo.

I don't honestly think Sir Bastion is a PR, he's too outspoken for it. But he's also a pain in the ass.
CATFISH
CATFISH
Goon
CATFISH
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:51 pm

Post by CATFISH »

A wise Moderator PMs the players to let them know that the Game has started...
CATFISH
CATFISH
Goon
CATFISH
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:52 pm

Post by CATFISH »

Primate, who mentioned George?
Shadow Dancer, why does Mystery need a second vote?
No to U-Pick.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:02 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

o look mommy a pretty little kitty cat and a big ol nasty fishy that smells like Aunt Beatrice's midsection yummy yummy!
To be clear: quack
Tragedy
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:08 pm

Post by Tragedy »

In post 37, SleepyKrew wrote:o look mommy a pretty little kitty cat and a big ol nasty fishy that smells like Aunt Beatrice's midsection yummy yummy!

Oh god.
I blame you for this.
Dokidoki Precure!

Tragedy
~
CATFISH
CATFISH
Goon
CATFISH
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:14 pm

Post by CATFISH »

I ISO and I see that you have 2 RVS posts, one useless post, and one fluff. You have stated no reads and are still on your RVS vote. Fix this or die.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:24 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 34, Sir Bastion wrote:Was that a quick log out of mystery account and into real account before the poker? ;)

That is what I thought, but I doubt the account would be that obvious.

In post 35, CATFISH wrote:
A wise Moderator PMs the players to let them know that the Game has started...

Take it to the thread in Mafia Discussion.

In post 37, SleepyKrew wrote:o look mommy a pretty little kitty cat and a big ol nasty fishy that smells like Aunt Beatrice's midsection yummy yummy!

Is this going to be a common occurrence? And by that I mean the hydra slipping?

In post 38, Tragedy wrote:

Oh god.

Agree with Skrew. Are you ever going to contribute something?

@Hydrae

Will you be signing your posts?

Tigershark would have been a better name methinks.

Shadow Dancer is a wily one too. Read Lemming Mafia where he gifted a town player a 1-shot cop ability and rode the confirmed towniness that ensued to a mafia victory.
Tragedy
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:31 pm

Post by Tragedy »

In post 40, Oversoul wrote:
In post 38, Tragedy wrote:

Oh god.

Agree with Skrew. Are you ever going to contribute something?

Psh. Scold me after 4 posts. Then let the others get away with it. Including yourself, Oversoul. That's not a very nice
townie
post.
I blame you for this.
Dokidoki Precure!

Tragedy
~
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:33 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Including myself? And why are you getting so defensive towards me when Skrew said the same thing?
Tragedy
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:36 pm

Post by Tragedy »

In post 42, Oversoul wrote:Including myself? And why are you getting so defensive towards me when Skrew said the same thing?

Because you're just repeating it + you're doing the same thing you both scolded me over doing; Not contributing at all.
I blame you for this.
Dokidoki Precure!

Tragedy
~
CATFISH
CATFISH
Goon
CATFISH
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:38 pm

Post by CATFISH »

Why would I make a thread in MD just to scold Slaxx?
That was not a hydra slip. That was so it comes up in my main's "view your posts" section.
We won't be signing. Because WE ARE ONE and stuff.
In other news, VOTE: Tragedy
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:54 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 43, Tragedy wrote:
In post 42, Oversoul wrote:Including myself? And why are you getting so defensive towards me when Skrew said the same thing?

Because you're just repeating it + you're doing the same thing you both scolded me over doing; Not contributing at all.

We are at least TRYING. You are instead digging in your heels and getting defensive. I am willing to drop it if you are willing to start becoming active and scumhunt, until then I am going to be that annoying gnat in your ear.

I would vote you, but I like my vote on Shadow so
Fos: Tragedy

Catfish, no I meant, Animorpherv1 made a thread directly discussing the question of whether or not mods should send beginning game messages. :P
CATFISH
CATFISH
Goon
CATFISH
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:21 pm

Post by CATFISH »

1. Don't negotiate with terrorists.
2. It's CATFISH, not Catfish.
But seriously. Don't say "I have a scumread on you, here's how to fix it, have an FoS that I'll take off later so it means nothing".
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:49 pm

Post by dramonic »

Geez, I WONDER whatn Gaoth's role is :roll:
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
CATFISH
CATFISH
Goon
CATFISH
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:13 pm

Post by CATFISH »

Geez, I WONDER when dram will start contributing :roll:
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:19 pm

Post by dramonic »

Do you want me to indulge in more setup specilation?
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”