weirdbeard
weirdbeard
Goon
weirdbeard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:55 pm

Post by weirdbeard »

Alright, I see your point. It's townie, sure, but on it's own it's not enough to sway me. Plus you must have realised it was pretty unlikely for me to have another ability to use anyway. 3 abilities for a JOAT appeared to be the standard, according to the wiki. I'll concede that it's not WIFOM though. Can you point me to anywhere outside of day 1 where you've made a cohesive case on another player?
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:58 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

In post 1284, Palmar wrote:
In post 1283, Beck wrote:Why is bvoigt scum?

because I said so

I find myself as scum I have a hard time creating cases on people I want to lynch. But at the same time I have no problem coming up with a natural case on my scumbuddies if I need to bus them. It's hard to as Palmar said himself, to "force yourself to be wrong".

In post 1322, Palmar wrote:Fuck it I've made up my mind.

Beck is probably town, for one he tried to get Johman replaced on day 1, and he has also been a bit clueless townielike throughout the game

Weirdbeard claimed a role that makes no sense for him to claim as scum, it kinda fits, but would also mean RBD didn't shoot anyone n2? That's weird, but assuming bvoigt isn't scum either and thus cleared by wb's claim.

This leaves Scumhunter and Draken

Scumhunter has been pretty useless throughout the game, he's thrown around a few bad reads, and he really pushed the idea johman and 2b1s couldn't be scum together... strange. But he also suggested Johman gets vigged.

Draken is another strange one, very hard to read, but he did on multiple occasions try to get 2b1s lynched. I need to read better over all their posts to figure it out.

This is the closest Palmar has ever come to explaining reads on Beck and me. Now compare that with the deep analytical scumtells he caught on to about 2b1s and Draken in the early game. They are so immensely different. One is a valid case on a scumlord, the other is a shallow appeal to lead town based on previous town cred. He can't come up with a case, because there is none and he knows it. He's having a hard time forcing himself to be wrong.

In post 1342, Palmar wrote:I'm inclined to agree with Scumhunter, mostly because I'm not sure how much of a risk-taker he is, but generally advocating a vigilante shot on a teammate is a bad strategy as mafia. And when it's done, it's usually done in the form of including the fellow mafia in a list of good vigilante targets, instead of calling directly for a vigi shot on the teammate.

I need to re-read Draken at least once more, but I agree that Beck is unlikely to be scum

Yes, this is a good post and good reasoning as to why I'm town. Palmar shows and reinforces good logic, but only when that logic is true and meets his ends. At this point it was fine to call me town as we were lynching Draken yesterday and he was fine with that.

In post 1404, Palmar wrote:ok then.

Vote: Weirdbeard

Reasons:

a) I don't care if I win anymore, I just want to punish people who are bad.

b) Weirdbeard has a guilty claim on Johman on day 2, yet he doesn't do jack shit about it

c) I think RBD shot Johman, not WB.

So, with all the evidence on the table, I have concluded that Weirdbeard is actually terrible at mafia, and thus he must be lynched.

This is post is lol bad. a) Palmar clearly cares about winning so that first part is a lie and an attempt to seem nonchalant about the game to appear like the random voting newb town persona he has been trying to establish. He is a smart cookie. Weird's claim almost had to be real due to the setup.

In post 1409, Palmar wrote:
In post 1407, Beck wrote:So you don't beleive his claim?

You think 1 shot vig and bodyguard/watcher only is enough vs 3 mafia?

You sott if have to beleive his claim or you are actually a PR that you kept hidden.

I think scumhunter is scum, not weird.

I think 1shot vigilante and bodyguard/watcher is borderline overpowered in a 13 man game with 3 mafia. But as you can maybe tell, I'm used to playing with better towns.

This post is an absolute joke. Palmar is competent enough 1-shot vigilante and bodyguard/watcher is borderline overpowered? lol k. he doesn't believe that.

In post 1411, Palmar wrote:I still think you're clear. It's sad we wasted 2 days on stupid shit, because we would've had more time before lylo if people just listened to me in the first place.

If you're scum then my hat goes off to you for a game well played.

Which leaves WB and Scumhunter, so it's basically lylo, between the two.

I wanna see what scumhunter has to say. I have no interest in what WB has to say because on him it's all about the claim. It's just a matter of trying to figure out if he's terrible or scum.

The "I still think you are clear is in reference to Beck, although literally every comment he has made about Beck's alignment is previously quoted in this post, aka next to nothing..

In post 1412, Palmar wrote:The thing is.

WB claims an incorrect play.

Scumhunter hasn't actually done anything particularly bad.

If we don't lynch WB we're at best rewarding terrible play, and at worst losing because we're too stubborn to punish people for playing badly.

Yup I haven't done anything bad as in I'm not scum.

In post 1419, Palmar wrote:fuck it then

Vote scumhunter

Brilliant. weird + beck, please tell me you can see the contrast between this subset of posts and Palmar's early game posts. "Fuck it" "Vote scumhunter". Really? And you still think I'm scum??

In post 1423, Palmar wrote:Because beck's play, despite however bad it may have been at times, he has voted for countless townies, back on day 1 he said something like "I'm gonna vote this townie, but 2b1s is not off the hook", which I found really weird at the time, and now that we know 2b1s is scum, is actually bad.

And yet, given that, he has done the least retarded things of you all.

What are these retarded things I have done? I thought I hadn't done anything all that bad. He JUST SAID I hadn't done anything all taht bad. And now Beck is town because he's done the least retarded things? Weird, you have his number with the arrogant scum insulting town to try and get their way. This is the closest thing in the ENTIRE thread that resembles anything close to an attempt at a justification for his town read on Beck.

In post 1432, Palmar wrote:I have no interest in discussing it further.

I ask Palmar why is Beck town and why am I scum since he hasn't mentioned any logic in regards to either. Contrast this attitude with his attitude day 1 providing copious valid cases on the scumlords. Now this attitude would make sense if he truly didn't care about the game and really had said "fuck it" but do to his continued activity, his posts every now and then with the sole purpose of getting me lynched, its apparent that he does in fact still very much case about the game. For someone who cares about the game it wouldn't be hard at all to make a couple of posts explaining specifically why Beck is town or specifically why I'm scum.

In post 1464, Palmar wrote:Do you even care which one of you convince scumhunter?

When you're the suspect in lylo, the worst possible play as scum or town, is to attempt to keep both options open. You sit down, and decide on one of the other possibilities and build a case. Now you're just coming across as desperately trying to convince one of us, which is incorrect play no matter your alignment. I don't care if you're scum, but I hate you if you're town.

In post 1469, Palmar wrote:I'm glad scumhunter took my advice and settled on one of us to convince.

I'm also glad you decided I was gonna be your target of choice, means I don't have to deal with the headache.

I have popcorn, let's see what happens.

In post 1471, Palmar wrote:No, as I said, if we lynch you I'm perfectly happy with the result, no matter what it is.

If Beck is the scum, I will not care as I consider his post on day 1 about asking for a replacement cheating.
If WB is the scum, I don't care, because he should have been autolynched for making the wrong play, as I have stated numerous times.

So, that leaves you!

In post 1477, Palmar wrote:Scumhunter, you made an incorrect play by attempting to keep both your options open. Additionally, you're making an incorrect play by somehow deducing that I am scum despite being probably the most pro-town player in the game.

So, I'm fine with lynching you regardless of your alignment, I already explained that because more than 1 townie have made incorrect plays in lylo, the game is very hard to play. But you've just made two additional incorrect plays on the last day. So I don't actually care.

In post 1483, Palmar wrote:I don't need any arguments. The fact you're incorrectly accusing me of being scum is enough.

In post 1485, Palmar wrote:It should be painfully obivous, pro-tip: The people who try to kill mafia tend to not be mafia.

In post 1489, Palmar wrote:

Didn't you just say I'm scum?

If so, that's actually incompatible with your me "thinking logically" and "make some really good posts". Because none of the posts I've made are worth anything if I already knew their alignment, and none of the posts I've made can be good if I'm scum. So either I have been thinking logically and made some really good posts, or I've been bussing my ass off the entire game. It can't be both.

I lump these posts together because they are his response to me asking him to post reasons for his reads. Keep in mind. I'm a townie. I don't magically know everyone's alignment. Going into today I had thought both Palmar and Beck were town. I was trying to figure it out. I was asking for his reads, his logic, that he had clearly shown he was able to produce as evidenced by his early game play. Analyze his intent behind these posts. They are all to keep me down. Keep the pressure on me. Hope for a hammer soon, etc. He's not presenting any evidence just using that arrogant attitude to keep you and Beck from looking back and realizing there is no case on me...
Show
Town: 12-5
Scum: 3-1
-----
Troll-head of Soben hydra
Town: 3-2
Scum: 0-0
-----
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:04 pm

Post by Beck »

In post 1494, Scumhunter wrote:I'm actually going to go through and show a compilation of competent Palmar vs no-case scum/moronic town Palmar to show that he is capable of reasoning and that his play today is not that.

Also Beck, same ? goes to you that I'm asking weirdbeard, why in the bloody hell would I try to get weird to optimize his role to get us an extra ML/investigation as scum. Like literally no chance in hell I do that as scum. Weirdbeard had already been known to play his pr unstandardly/unoptimally. Like literally no chance in hell I'd ever make that post as scum. Like zero chance. Nada. Zilch. Do you disagree?

The scum motivation behind it would obviously be to find out if he has more abilities and if so, who he is going to use it on.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

"Without rules there is Chaos" C. Kramer
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:08 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

In post 1500, weirdbeard wrote:Alright, I see your point. It's townie, sure, but on it's own it's not enough to sway me. Plus you must have realised it was pretty unlikely for me to have another ability to use anyway. 3 abilities for a JOAT appeared to be the standard, according to the wiki. I'll concede that it's not WIFOM though. Can you point me to anywhere outside of day 1 where you've made a cohesive case on another player?

I didn't read the JOAT wiki. I've never been a JOAT, nor have I read the wiki for the role and even if I had it would still be stupidly risky to bring that up on the chance you did have more power. To what end? To use it as evidence I'm town later? Pfft. That's paranoia. Take a step back from all this for a second. You are giving yourself reasons as to why your read could still be correct as opposed to looking at the evidence as a whole. It would be retarded for me to do that as scum. You are previously in the mindset I'm scum so you are giving yourself reasons for why your read is correct. =/

I produced a case on Draken yesterday. I iso'd all 3 of the suspects yesterday and made a case on Draken. I also did push on TSGR day 1. Here is the link to my case on Draken yesterday: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p3588674

I'm not arguing this has been my best game. I've had games where I've nailed all the scum on d1 or d2. This wasn't one of those games. I did have my eye on Johman early, but I misread Palmar completely up til today and was having a hard time finding scum. Fencesitting is such an overused term. Many, many times throughout this game I've stated in thread that I wasn't confident about my scum reads, that I was having a hard time getting involved in the game, or figuring out who is scum. That makes tons of sense and all my posts support each other that that is a valid mindset that I've been in for the whole game.

Beck, read all these posts I'm making too, you need to change your mind too. If you are scum, then LOL. I think Palmar is the scum and I would puke if he wins here as scum given his absolute defiance and shitty assholish attitude. If Beck is scum, I wouldn't care as much although I do want to win. Seriously, you won't regret it if you believe me here =/
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:10 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

Beck, why would it matter who he uses it on, if I kill him the next night and no one ever knows. Like why would scum give a fuck who he is using it on, if he is just going to die anyways during the night phase. If I'm the last scum and he uses it on me I'd be fucked regardless. The point was to give us the immense benefit of having a ML/extra investigation. That is an immense immense benefit.
Show
-----
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:11 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

And the scum motivation is still completely non-existant.
Show
-----
-----
weirdbeard
weirdbeard
Goon
weirdbeard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:15 pm

Post by weirdbeard »

Palmar, any response to the points raised on you?
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:18 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

Beck + weird, you guys can get this right I know you can. Just look at the difference in the quality of Palmar's cases on his scumbuddies with the quality of his cases on town. The difference is obvobvobvobv. Look at the two samples of his posts I provided. Scum can bus naturally, but they can't naturally come up with good cases on townies. Its much more difficult!

You won't regret if you believe me here. I know that's a lame aTe, but yea, if you want to win the game you kind of can't vote me ya know? I like winning. Let's win! Winning is fun! It's better than not winning! It's much better than losing to Palmar! Let's make Palmar lose and then we win! Yay! Happy times! We can celebrate with teh pony in the post game. Completely serious right now. Believe me just because. Even if you don't, take a chance, you won't regret it. /end aTe.
Show
-----
-----
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:20 pm

Post by Beck »

Im reading these walls, actually you are making good points and defending yourself pretty good, but again I am just skimming on my phone. I'll reread when I get to my pc.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Palmar
Palmar
Goon
Palmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:49 pm

Post by Palmar »

In post 1506, weirdbeard wrote:Palmar, any response to the points raised on you?

No not really.
Palmar
Palmar
Goon
Palmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:50 pm

Post by Palmar »

I've already said that lynching me would be fittingly dumb to end the game.

Even if we can somehow eek out a win this game, we don't deserve it.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:50 pm

Post by Beck »

In post 1510, Palmar wrote:I've already said that lynching me would be fittingly dumb to end the game.

Even if we can somehow eek out a win this game, we don't deserve it.

your refusal to even attempt to respond to scumhunter has me questioning my town read on you, you criticize others for their bad play but your refusal to even participate in lylo makes you suspect.

In a game I just finished, I had a town read on someone in lylo and he decided not to participate, I got so frustrated I voted him and turns out he was scum, sadly I am getting the same feeling here.

Scumhunter has made some very good points and you ignoring them isn't helping your cause any.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:28 am

Post by Papa Zito »

fin.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”