Newbie 106 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:08 am

Post by big_kahunia »

Sapphire wrote:Please note the "rinoa" avatar....
Not to mention the pink female gender sign. But don't worry, everyone can have misreads.

Okay, deadline in a few days, 4 or so. hm. Well, we don't have to go crazy yet. Still waiting for MoS.
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalms 73:26 (NIV)
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:05 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Just so that this is on the next page ...

Vote Count:

2 - Mastermind of Sin (Big_Kahunia, SapphireVerde)
1 - The_Inferno (Nimic)
1 - Nimic (The_Inferno)

Not Voting: Coron, Vicious Dragon, Mastermind of Sin

7 Alive, 4 to Lynch!
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:03 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

big_kahunia wrote:Hm… Some interesting threads have developed.

I have more interested in MoS than Coron. At the time Coron voted MoS, MoS was the best lead because he was the most in the open.

I notice in post 28, MoS neglected to mention why he changed the meaning of his post (calling the “spamming” stupid and not the player when it was clearly the player). As for Coron placing his vote on MoS, I think we need to play with control aggression. That is to say, not be totally aggressive and lynch the first person we bandwagon, but be patient and lynch the most suspicious person. On day 1, especially in the case of newbie games, we have no information of concrete results, examples being cop investigations and doc protectees w/ no night kill. Lynching the most suspicious person should be the goal of all newbie games for day 1. I would call Coron “overly eager”. At that time, the game was stalled and he tried to jump start it. Could Coron be scum, sure. But the same probability occurs with MoS.
vote: Mastermind of Sin
B_K, I have already explained why I "changed" the meaning of my post...if you need me to explain it again, I'll put it more simply...it's called a
joke
...If that's not the answer you're looking for, then I don't know what to tell you. I'm not going to make something up just to appease the crowd.

For now, I'm going to
vote: Sapphire
. Why me? There were two other people with one vote each, so why pick me? You give no reasoning on what could be a lynching vote right now. I want to hear some reasoning. "The game isn't moving" isn't a good excuse, since, like I said, I wasn't the only one with one vote. Please explain yourself.
Permanent V/LA.
SapphireVerde
SapphireVerde
Goon
SapphireVerde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:19 pm

Post by SapphireVerde »

It was Random really, not realizing i was putting a 3rd vote on your head which I add my apologies to that. Well, I know we are past the random voting stage but sometimes the 2nd vote has to be random in order to strike some sparks when we can't point out anyone to be scummy. I believe the 2nd vote is harmless. Its the 3rd and 4th that proves someone to be scum. Most of the time.
So for now:
unvote

to keep things fair..... :D
Fluffy Wuffy!
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:02 am

Post by big_kahunia »

Hm. Well, I can’t say that I’m totally satisfied with MoS’s answer. I was asking about the reason of why you felt it necessary to change the reason of voting Coron. I do understand your history with him on this site and your joshing.
Do I think a person should be lynched for something so petty? No,
unvote

[quote=”Sapphire”]VOTE Mastermind of Sin

To Get the game moving.....[/quote
vote unbolded.
[quote=”Sapphire”]It was Random really[/quote]
Your words and actions don’t mesh.
vote: Sapphire
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:03 am

Post by big_kahunia »

Er.. wolfie please fix my tags. I forgot to change the "" to mafiascum from ms word.
SapphireVerde
SapphireVerde
Goon
SapphireVerde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:58 pm

Post by SapphireVerde »

I say my vote on MoS was random because the game wasn'tr moving so i picked any random player to place a vote on, to spark something in the game. And I did. The game is moving, even if I'm now the one on the scum-o-meter. Since i have two votes on my head, I don't think i have to claim just yet.
Fluffy Wuffy!
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2005 2:37 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

Ah, I see now. You just picked one of the seven to vote (1/7). I'd like to hear what niMic, VD, and The_Inferno have to say.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2005 4:59 pm

don't forget Coron. Don't you want to hear what he has to say as well?
Permanent V/LA.
niMic
niMic
Townie
niMic
Townie
Townie

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2005 8:22 pm

Post by niMic »

SapphireVerde wrote:I'm a girl...

Please note the "rinoa" avatar....
Oh, sorry, I should have noticed :oops:
I would have that fancy "look how many times I won/screwed up summary in my sig, but I'm too lazy to look it up right now. Sue me.
niMic
niMic
Townie
niMic
Townie
Townie

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2005 8:29 pm

Post by niMic »

I'm sorry that I haven't posted alot. That's why I try to make my few posts count. I've been having troubles with my network at home (right now Im at school). If you feel Im not helping with this game, I won't be upset if you replace me, but I will try to get on as often as I can and try to make those times worth it. As I said in my latest post (excepting the one I just made ^^), I find SV a little suspicious, and his latest posts hasn't really changed that much, his arguments aren't really worthy of a clearing of suspicion on my behalf. I'm not about to put the third vote on, however, just in case he isn't mafia and a mafia takes the opportunity to slap on a fourth vote, maybe under the guise of "I didn't see how many votes he had".

If this doesn't move any further, though, I probably will slap on that third vote, or even a fourth if it's that far by then.
I would have that fancy "look how many times I won/screwed up summary in my sig, but I'm too lazy to look it up right now. Sue me.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2005 9:34 am

Post by Coron »

hmmm
some of BK's actions are tempting me to vote him. In fact I think I will
Vote: BK
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2005 10:26 am

Post by big_kahunia »

It's okay, niMic. When my home access was down, vets were nice to me. So, as long as you make the effort, I don't think you need replacing. You've posted more than some.

Coron, I asked you previously why you thought me suspicious. Then you go underground for a couple days. After you come back, you vote me. Well, I don't mind the vote, but I'd like you to be more specific in your reasons, as in what actions of mine made you vote me.

unvote: Sapphire
for now.
Remember folks, you have a deadline in less than 24 hours!
the mod wrote:DEADLINE: TUESDAY MAY 3RD @ NOON EST ..
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2005 11:54 am

Post by Coron »

The way you've been acting towards like lynching, not really trying to lead, yet throwing your vote on whoever. We need to move quickly to lynch BK as he pointed out. Come on!
ViciousDragon
ViciousDragon
Townie
ViciousDragon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2005 12:51 pm

Post by ViciousDragon »

I dont have much to say. Well, nothing really.

Day one it's all speculation and hit or miss. As much as I'd like to at least TRY to find a scum today, something tells me we'll have more info to go one after some night results.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2005 1:30 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

Coron wrote:The way you've been acting towards like lynching, not really trying to lead, yet throwing your vote on whoever. We need to move quickly to lynch BK as he pointed out. Come on!
“Throwing my vote on whomever” If you look at the context of my votes, you will see that my logic is sound and I kept the game moving, which is why experienced players are in newbies (to keep them for floundering). Before your posts today, you have been absent for four days or so (28th). Don't get me wrong, I realize life occurs outside scum and that people are busy on weekends. In your case, you have been around, according to the posts in your profile. Lurking is a tatic used by scum since it takes them out of the spotlight.
big_kahunia wrote:That is to say, not be totally aggressive and lynch the first person we bandwagon, but be patient and lynch the most suspicious person.
big_kahunia wrote:We don't want to lynch someone that quickly before we glean more information.
It’s interesting how you essentially call me “lynch happy” when I have been nothing of the sort. Then you make the statement, “we need to move quickly to lynch BK”. I think since the deadline is winding down, you’re looking for an easy lynch, especially since two votes will lynch at deadline. I don’t really find Mastermind suspicious and Sapphire is kinda suspicious but not really esp since she voted you.
I do find you suspicious Coron for above reasons.
vote: Coron
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2005 5:28 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

Unofficial Vote Count:

1 – big_kahunia (Coron)
1 – Coron (Big_Kahunia)
1 – Nimic (The_Inferno)
1 – SpphireVerde (Mastermind of Sin)
1 – The_Inferno (Nimic)

Not Voting: SapphireVerde Vicious Dragon

7 Alive, 4 to Lynch!

Ok people. I am staunchly against no lynch on day 1 of newbies games. Why? It is bad statistically. If we no lynch, all the mafia have to do is have one successful townie lynch and two successful night kills and they win. If we lynch, the mafia have to have two successful townie lynches and a successful night kill (by townie, I mean a protown player). I’m for lynching because it gives the town two chances to nail scum. No lynching gives the town one chance. Which is better-one or two?
The reason I’m telling you this is because in less than 12 hours, the day will end. Two votes are all that is needed:
the mod wrote:In this case the majority is all that I need for there to be a lynch made at deadline, so basically 2 or more votes, whoever reached the highest number of votes first will be the one getting the rope around his/her neck!
I’ve outlined my reasons for voting Coron. I encourage you all to vote in order to have a lynch.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2005 5:29 pm

hmm,
unvote
for now.

as far as I can see, both Coron and Big_K have some good points. Big_K's vote on myself seemed a
bit
suspicious, but at least Big_K gave reasoning for his vote, and I can accept that, seeing as it's only Day 1. Having accepted Big_K's explanation, Coron's point is now invalid in my mind.

On the other hand, Coron did seem like he was hoping to swing a few newbie votes with his accusations against Big_K, following up with a little pressure in his direction concerning the deadline.

I will accept SV's explanation for her vote for now, as it seems like a reasonable explanation, although a bit suspicious since it was "random", and happened to end up on the person who already had votes on them. Just a thought, not saying that it couldn't have been random. There are just other possibilities besides SV's reason.

I like the way that Big_K has been contributing to this game and keeping it alive, something which definitely helps the town, so I'm convinced he's pro-town for the moment. At least, more sure of him than anyone else except myself. :) In addition, I totally agree with Big_K's reasoning against Coron, but I think I will hold off voting for now and ask for a vote count, please.

If Coron gets two votes of more, I would suggest that he claim, since my vote will go there as well in the morning (unless I sleep in and have to run to class without posting :/ ). Is that a good idea? I anxiously await the contribution of our other players. :D
Permanent V/LA.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2005 5:35 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

/\
.i
vote count above, except MoS isn't voting Sapphire anymore.
SapphireVerde
SapphireVerde
Goon
SapphireVerde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2005 7:34 pm

Post by SapphireVerde »

I am going to
vote Coron

I don't find your reason valid. Unless your playing at it like me, trying to get the game moving then i find that okay.
Fluffy Wuffy!
niMic
niMic
Townie
niMic
Townie
Townie

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2005 11:41 pm

Post by niMic »

Well I guess this is where this is going, so I have to follow up with my claim.

Vote: Coron

Now would definatley be a good roleclaiming-time
niMic
niMic
Townie
niMic
Townie
Townie

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon May 02, 2005 11:43 pm

Post by niMic »

:S I just noticed that right after my "Im sorry for calling you a guy" post, I called SV "him" again. I'm sorry :o
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2005 12:35 am

Post by Coron »

I'm just a townie you idiots.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2005 4:17 am

Post by big_kahunia »

VD and The_Inferno, what stands do you two take?
If you are "just a townie", you won't mind being lynched and not a power role. I find it interesting how you haven't rebuted the reasons against you. Vote stays.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2005 6:55 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Vote Count:

3 - Coron (Big_kahunia, SapphireVerde, Nimic)
1 - Nimic (The_Inferno)
1 - Big_kahunia (Coron)

Not Voting: ViciousDragon, Mastermind of Sin

Coron, nothing more then a mere townie has been hung ...

G'night

Send in them choices ...

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”