A Feast for Crows Mafia - Valar Morghulis.

Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:13 am

Post by Plum »

In post 1423, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Did you attempt to kill someone last night and if so, whom?

Not sure if I ought to answer this right now. I'd rather wait on Mina and see if that information is necessary.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:16 am

Post by Zdenek »

Plum, why were you suspicious of hascow and is there any reason why you felt he was bussing shadow (since you seemed to be suspicious of both of them)?
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:18 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 1425, Plum wrote:
In post 1423, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Did you attempt to kill someone last night and if so, whom?

Not sure if I ought to answer this right now. I'd rather wait on Mina and see if that information is necessary.

No, you should answer this.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:20 am

Post by Plum »

As you will, Ben. I did not attempt to kill anyone last night.
Monday
Monday
Goon
Monday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:29 am

Post by Monday »

In post 1413, Magua wrote:
In post 1407, Monday wrote:I guess Magua, Plum, and MJ in no special order.

Please elucidate how you can have a MockingJaye townread.

She's doesn't have the biggest post count, but what she does post is relevant and seems like real scum hunting. However, it's less about her looking like a glowing beacon of pure innocence and more about a lot of other people looking bad.

@Zdnek
I've played 9(?) games on the westeros.org forums. They were all way smaller than this. Played skype mafia one night.
Monday
Monday
Goon
Monday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:33 am

Post by Monday »

In post 1420, Plum wrote:Because I suspected him and I didn't think he was, of my suspects, very likely to get lynched.

I was also paranoid re Ludi. At that point thought he was scum, but unsure what sort of scum gambit would benefit from suiciding in a 1 vs. 1. Therefore, held my fire on him and shot Hascow.

Nuh-uh. I want to know EXACTLY what it was cow (of all people) did you earn your vig kill. Did you crumb that you were going to kill him?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:42 am

Post by Plum »

In post 1426, Zdenek wrote:Plum, why were you suspicious of hascow and is there any reason why you felt he was bussing shadow (since you seemed to be suspicious of both of them)?

Suspicious of both on Day 1 with no flips (and Night 1, no scumflips and the mess of diddin and Ludi, which shed no light on the matter). I didn't give explicit thought to the likelihood of bussing because I had no real surety of the alignment of one or the other. Independently, they were scummy, and their interactions didn't seem to rule out the possibility of both being scum. Regardless, I wanted Hascow out of the picture. If that eventually shed light on the matter of Shadow (pun unintended) it was a fringe benefit I'd deal with later.

In post 509, Plum wrote:
hascow wrote:While I understand a bit of character acting, this seems only to be there to look loyal to the Crown. Why add that after the vote?

Flavor text from my Role PM probably was echoing around my head and the stuff about Loras' feelings about being in the Kingsguard were in there and went on basically to that effect. I was taking to opportunity to really have at it with the roleplaying given that it's obviously too time-consuming to do constantly, not to mention obfuscating once the game grows more complicated than it is at ~5 pages. I don't really know that this line of thought in scumhunting generally has much validity but that may be a theory disagreement between the two of us. Hm.

This looked artificial, but I didn't really think pursuing it then would be productive.

In post 908, Plum wrote:Feysal - If we weren't lynching MoS today, I'd probably go with hascow, Magister Ludi, Shadow. But seriously HASCOW, dude. Ludi's a bit inconclusive. Pray we have a Vig, for now.

There were a few little things that caught my attention that did not get mentioned in my posts Day 1. Hascow being extensively in catchup mode (pot calling the . . . yeah, walked right into that one) and his
attitude
towards that.

In post 444, hasdgfas wrote:I really need a reread. This game is making my head go in circles and I'm always feeling like I'm behind.

In post 448, hasdgfas wrote:Yeah, ok. Posting once a day is lurking. Sure. Not to mention it may be simple(in your view), but it's up to 18 pages in two and a half days. We don't all have the amount of time you do.
It felt a passive-aggressive response to being called out for lurking - and rightly or not, that did seem on the scum side of neutral to me. Beyond that: gut and the stated but unpursued suspicions or notes of other players. Sometimes my Vigging strategy produces stupid results.

Monday wrote:Nuh-uh. I want to know EXACTLY what it was cow (of all people) did you earn your vig kill. Did you crumb that you were going to kill him?

Crumb that I was going to kill him? No. I'm never sure who I'll Vig till I submit the kill. But to reiterate - of my suspects, he was the
least
likely to be lynched by a large margin.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:47 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

In post 1431, Plum wrote:But to reiterate - of my suspects, he was the least likely to be lynched by a large margin.

I know this is a real vig strategy people go with, but I have to point out this really isn't good strategy, especially when vigging N1. If you kill a suspect that is likely to be lynched, then it's much harder to hurt the town - a misvig probably saves the town a mislynch.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:51 am

Post by Plum »

Fair enough point. I'm learning as I go. Regardless of its effectiveness, it was the strategy I had in mind when choosing my target Night 1.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:53 am

Post by Benmage »

Plum, 3 townreads

1 scum please.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:54 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

Day 3, Votecount 4

MagnaofIllusion (2) - greenknight, Feysal
Shadow1psc (3) - MagnaofIllusion, Empking, Benmage

Feysal (1) - Magua
Plum (2) - Mina, Cogito Ergo Sum

Not voting
(9) Bogre, Albert B. Rampage, Shadow1psc, Mockingjaye, Deity of Flame, Zdenek, Plum, Monday, Wraith,

With 17 votes in play it takes 9 to lynch.

• Deadline for Day 1
    : 9th of December at 17:05 (GMT)
  • Countdown
    : (expired on 2011-12-09 13:05:25)
  • Bogre, ABR, Wraith and Mockingjaye will all be prodded

War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:56 am

Post by Wraith »

Back from V/LA, catching up ASAP.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:56 am

In post 1381, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:I'm going to go with what the Mods told us over your silly little argument, yes. I can come up with a half-dozen decent explanations for why there'd be a difference, but I actually think "no reason, they just did" is itself plausible enough to reject your argument all in all.

Correction: six explanations. I think MoI might even go for the sixth one - aSoS was closed with regards to which characters were in it, so it'd've been weird to take away a potential fakeclaim from the scum by including a named sample role PM (the sample role PM was for a generic Lannister guard).

Plum wrote:Fair enough point. I'm learning as I go. Regardless of its effectiveness, it was the strategy I had in mind when choosing my target Night 1.

I do find it plausible that you would've gone with that strategy (and my lifetime record as vig is 0 for 2 (although really more 0 for 1 considering the circumstances)).

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:58 am

Post by Wraith »

If someone could give me a brief summary since day start that'd help, I kind of forgot what page I left off at.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:59 am

MoI is scum, benmage is asking for people's town reads, there might be role info incriminating Plum.

Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:00 am

Post by Mina »

I was going to post something here, but all I'll say is that I have no information to share with the thread that contradicts Plum's story.

That, and ARRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

I FUCKING POSTED IN BIG BOLD LETTERS THAT ANY VIGS SHOULD TARGET MAGISTER LUDI ON N1!!! AND IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN OBVIOUS THAT HASCOW WAS A POWER ROLE BASED ON HIS CHARACTER NAME!
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:00 am

Post by Benmage »

And you can goto your last post before going v/la and read form there. Your scum reads keep flipping town.
greenknight
greenknight
Goon
greenknight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:07 am

Post by greenknight »

Plum: Why didn't you express any suspicion of Hascow in the thread (beyond the random call for him to be vigged) or otherwise attempt to get more reads on him?
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:40 am

Post by Wraith »

Okay Benmage wants a playerlist w/ reads so here:

1) Mina (Cersei Lannister)

2) Bogre (Margaery Tyrell)

3) Benmage (Aurane Waters)

5) Albert B Rampage (Randyll Tarly)

7) Magua (Orton Merryweather)

8) Shadow1psc (Taena Merryweather)

9) MockingJaye (Olenna Tyrell)
10) MagnaofIllusion (Osfryd Kettleblack)

12) Deity of Flame (AdumbroDeus and Frozenflame) (Ilyn Payne)
14) Zdenek (Osney Kettleblack)
16) Plum (Loras Tyrell)
18) Empking (Balon Swann)

19) Monday (Genna Frey)

20) Cogito Ergo Sum (Lancel Lannister)

21) Wraith (Kevan Lannister)

22) Feysal (Gyles Rosby)

23) greenknight (Qyburn)

Green
= Town. Self-explanatory
Red
= Scum. Self-explanatory
Black = Null. Usually because I've ignored/forgotten about them but don't really stand out. DoF and Plum are null because they were townreads until the recent flips.
Blue
= Conflicted. Means I think someone is leaning scum because of lurking or flips and never had much of a townread on them.
Orange
= WhatTheChrist. Meaning it's MoI and he has both townpoints going for him (based on goodposting) and scumpoints going for him (based on flips). This probably applies to me as well in other peoples' eyes.

Personally I'd like to lynch Shadow today but I'm starting to lean toward an MoI lynch as well. I can buy why Plum vig'd Hascow but considering what greenknight says...
Show

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:40 am

Post by Wraith »

Oh and
Vote: Shadow
Show

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:54 am

Post by Benmage »

Wraith,
I dont get the ABR read.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:50 am

Post by Wraith »

How do you not get it? This is the first game I've played with him but I know his reputation. Yet almost all of his posts have been wagoning one-liners or "catching up dudes." This far into the game I'm seriously starting to doubt that excuse.
Show

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:57 am

Post by Benmage »

So you think he is strategically lurking in some sort of mafia strategy...to benefit his position?

While were at it actually, mind explaining the CES one as well.. i dont see it as self explanatory.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:43 am

Post by Wraith »

I've explained this before: I don't like how he pushes for lynches without doing much elaboration as to why these lynches should happen. I believe diddin said this is his playstyle, but since all of my scumreads for better reasons have panned out I'm less willing to accept that as an excuse.
Show

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:04 am

Oh, you.