Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

DP12 JeepFest Mafia GAME OVER

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:21 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Status update: The silent speaker (cop IS) has been rushed to the hospital. Godfather Jeep inHimshallibe gets kicked out, town wins.

inHimshallibe replaces Mikehart who replaced Enteryournamehere.
d8P replaces Someone.

Still partying (3/20):
Someone
d8P
14. Leonidas
20. Nox

Left the party (17)
8. HezLucky (Big_Kahunia, townie, off to the hospital, shotwound)
6. PBug (Ataraxy, townie, evicted by the party-goers)
11. Olio (Foolster, townie, off to the hospital, lost eyes)
19. SaberKitty (Talitha, doctor, evicted by the party-goers)
2. rolandofthehwite (Mackay, rnf, off to the hospital, shotwound)
13. Mr Stoofer (HyToFry, SK, food poisoning)
15. AxelRod (Antrax, scum, evicted by the party-goers)
9. Vesuvan (Phoebus, townie, off to the hospital, shotwound)
5. The Shadow (Faeriefire, townie, evicted by the party-goers)
10. Fuldu (Nonny, role blocker, off to the hospital, shotwound)
3. NanookTheWolf (Pookie, townie, left the party voluntarily)
12. PeaceBringer (Hey_Herb, junkie, off to the hospital, shotwound)
7. LoudmouthLee (Luna, scum role blocker, evicted by the party-goers)
17. Commodore Amazing (Cadmium, one-hot vig, off to the hospital, shotwound)
4. MeMe (mith, scum, evicted by the party-goers)
18. the silent speaker (IS, cop, off to the hospital, shotwound)
EnterYourNameHere/Mikehart
inHimshallibe (Jeep, GF, thrown out)
Last edited by Dragon Phoenix on Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:54 pm, edited 24 times in total.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:26 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Welcome to Portland!

It has been talked about for months, but finally it is upon us: JeepFest, a get-together of scummers and GL'ers. One by one, the guests arrive, some announced, some surprise visitors. It would have been one hell of a party, if not for the fact that some of you have more sinister intentions than having a good time.....

The player names are a mix of names of people who will attend the actual party and other well-known names from one (or both) of the two sites. Several of the actual participants of JeepFest are left out of the players, something the baddies are aware of. This should spoil any suggestions of an early mass claim.

RULES

[01] Have fun and don't be a jerk. Please have consideration for the other players and the mod, and actually PLAY the game by posting and voting.
[02] No communication outside the thread unless your role allows you to do so and then only in the game's nights.
[03] Get your choices in before the deadlines. If not, a random choice will be made for the first night, and no choice for subsequent nights.
[04] No quoting my or others emails/PMs. *
[05] If you're dead YOU'RE DEAD. No more posting relevant information after that.
[06] Lynching will be carried out once a regular majority is reached - and cannot be undone by unvoting. If I impose a day deadline, lynching will require at least half of the regular majority. In case of a tie, first come first served. In the endgame (six players or less) only lynches with a regular majority will occur. Votes for no lynch will be accepted.
[07] Only votes in BOLD will be counted. Please clearly unvote if you want to change your vote.
[08] Do NOT edit or delete your posts! If you made a coding error, just post again.
[09] Do NOT post in invisible text.
[10] It is risky to lynch someone based on spelling errors in their role name. I have been known to make some in the set-up of my games.
[11] The mod is always right. Accept the decisions, and if you want to discuss them, take it to email, or do so after the game has finished.

*) The role messages sent out to those not evil have the same structure - I have given the townie one as the example:
Player name: Duh
Role name: DRAGON PHOENIX
Generic role: TOWNIE
Flavour: You have come here to have a good time. It is not going to happen though. Too bad that you do not have special abilities to help the town.
Night actions: none
Winning condition: you win when all the bad ones are out of the game and at least one good one is still around.
Confirm by PM and make your first night choice if applicable.
Deadline for first night: Wednesday 8PM GMT.
You are allowed to quote verbatim your role name and the generic role. For the rest, you need to paraphrase.

Revealed roles, other than townie and scum:

Player name: SaberKitty
Role name: TALITHA
Generic role: DOCTOR
Flavour: The US is not exactly the same as New Zealand, but that your eagerly anticipated meeting would turn up like this was not in your plans. As a mother of young children, you have picked up sufficient first-aid skills to help out though.
Night actions: Every night you can send me an IM with the name of one player you can heal from a single attack (a double attack will kill anyway); you cannot protect yourself.
Winning condition: you win when all the bad ones are out of the game and at least one good one is still around.

Player name: rolandofthewhite
Role name: MACKAY
Generic role: ROLE NAME FINDER
Flavour: How you have looked forward to this, and what a deception this is turning out to be. There is something you can do for the town though. You can get information on players by snogging the mod....
Night actions: every night you can send me an IM with the name of one player you want to know the role name of.

Player name: Mr Stoofer
Role name: HYTOFRY
Generic role: SERIAL KILLER
Flavour: You used to be the big shot running the GL after the site owner took a sabbatical. Now, hardly anybody thinks of you - they did not even send you an invitation to this get-together! Well, you showed up anyway, and you are determined to teach them a lesson.
Night actions: Send me a name of a player you want to take out of the game every night. You will take out their eyeballs with your famous two-fingered Hy-original salute. A cop will not be able to detect you.
Winning condition: you win when everyone else is out of the game - even if you are out as well.

Player name: Fuldu
Role name: NONNY
Generic role: ROLE BLOCKER
Flavour: This JeepFest get-together is a dream come true. It will be like a big AIM chat session, but then live.... however, now that things are turning nasty, you can use this in the towns favour - if you chat to a person all night, he or she cannot do what they intended.
Night actions: Every night you can send me an IM with the name of one player you want to stop carrying out his or her night action.

Player name: peacebringer
Role name: HEY_HERB
Generic role: JUNKIE
Flavour: You are the co-host and determined to do all you can to stop this killing. People think you chose your screen name because your name is Herb. No. You are actually called Charlie but your love of "the herb" made you opt for H_H. Now it is time to take it one step further. Every night if you want to, you can pick a name, take a shit load of LSD, and get a strange vision of the player you chose, which will be related to his/her actions that night. The effects of the vision (and the drugs) leave you whacked out all day, so you're only allowed to make one post. If you choose to not use your ability at night, you can post freely.
Night actions: every night if you want you can send me an IM with the name of one player you want to get a vision of. Take care of your restriction if you do so, as I will modkill you straight away the first time you go wrong.

Player name: Commodore Amazing
Role name: CADMIUM
Generic role: ONE-SHOT VIGILANTE
Flavour: Wow. Cloggie does the States. It would have been great, except for the recent developments.... However, as chance would have it, you have something in your luggage that can help the town. The KLM stewardess that served you the cheese on your flight in should have known better. Then again, dropping the cheese into your hand luggage was also not a bright move. When you unpacked it, you found it had gone all green and hairy. Which is great with French cheese, but not with Edam. On the positive side, you can use this to give someone acute food poisoning and taking them out of the game..... too bad, there is only enough cheese to do this once.
Night actions: only one night of the game you can send me an IM with the name of one player you want to take out of the game.

Player name: the silent speaker
Role name: INTERNET STRANGER
Generic role: COP
Flavour: Traveling all the way from Miami to Portland, eager to meet (again) some of your GL and scum friends, you suddenly find out that your mafia hunting skills will be tested in the real world. Let's see whether you can really sniff them out.
Night actions: Send me a name every night and I will tell you mafia/not mafia. A Godfather or a serial killer will show up as not mafia.
Last edited by Dragon Phoenix on Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:55 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:14 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

DAY 1
The first sunrise over the collected party-goers that have opted to spend a part of their life at JeepFest. "What's on the programme for today?", one of you asks. "Uhh... maybe calling an ambulance?" suggests another, who did notice the red blood stains on the carpet. And indeed, behind the couch you find the body of HezLucky. Poor Big_Kahunia, all he wanted was a bit of fun, and now he's off to the hospital with a possibly lethal shot wound. He's definitely out of the game.
Nineteen of you left. Ten votes to throw someone out of the house.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:09 am

Post by MeMe »

vote: Nox
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:42 am

Post by Commodore Amazing »

vote: rolandofthewhite

Hi, everyone. Welcome to the party.[/b]
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:52 am

Post by TBuG »

Vote: MeMe

w00t! party time! *gets drunk*
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:06 am

Post by Axelrod »

Hi guys.

Only one "kill" which is somewhat encouraging. So possibly only one killing group? If there are two groups (including SK type) that would seem to indicate a very lucky Doc protection. We probably won't know if this is the case until day 2 (Maybe it's just the games I've been playing lately, but it seems like there's usually more than one kill day 1).

Plus, I don't know about anyone else, but when I read the set-up, I more or less assumed that there would be a certain SK in this game (no points for guessing who that would be.)

No vote for now, as I am not a fan of the random vote.

Looking forward to a good game.
Someone
Someone
Well, we gotta remove Someone
Someone

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:19 pm

Post by Someone »

vote:saberkitty

The only person with a worse name for random voting than me.
This is just here so my posts don't look so ugly when I edit them.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:26 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Vote: Axelrod

First day killing speculations never sit well with me.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:27 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Bah. First double post.

There could still easily be an SK, no? Lucky doc protect? Roleblocker catching lightning in a bottle?
Nox
Nox
Goon
Nox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:46 pm

Post by Nox »

I have a question.
If they were another killing force, were they forced to make a first night kill? Because if not, they might of simply omitted it to get everyone to think that there was just one killing force. I don't know... :?
Nocturne is, most obviously, NOT sleeping.
SaberKitty
SaberKitty
Supposed to be? This IS blue.
SaberKitty

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:20 pm

Post by SaberKitty »

vote:Olio

I doubt it was a lucky doc-especially on the first night. But, since this is a DP game, anything can happen- I bet we just have a few roles who are connected and don't know it yet or something like that.

Wheeeee! It's time to par-tay at Jeep's!
[color=blue]Hug a snowman, It's a cold world out there![/color]
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:04 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

Why not, LML? When should we speculate on the significance of there only being one kill? There may not be any way yet to tell whether it's because there is one killing group (in which case, what a lovely wooden horse DP has given us as an unsolicited gift; surely there couldn't be any nasty surprises lurking in it) or because an interference role got lucky or because there was a chance-based role that failed or because someone chose not to kill (usually poor play on someone's part, as they will have to let the cat out of the bag sooner or later), but throwing out speculaton never hurts and sometimes can help.

If nobody votes, no bandwagons build.
Vote: PBuG
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:58 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

If nobody votes, no bandwagons build. Vote: PBuG
Clarification: the above is why I saw fit to cast a vote in that post, not why I chose PBuG for that vote. PBug did cast a vote himself, after all.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:01 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

vote Leonidas
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:04 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Nox, it's not uncommon for scum groups to have the option not to kill, but it's rarely a good strategy.

LML, what's the difference between the speculation in Axelrod's post and the speculation in your second post? It seems like pretty much the same type of "first day killing speculations" in both of them.

vote: Mr Stoofer
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
olio
olio
Mafia Scum
olio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:22 pm

Post by olio »

TSS, you did notice LML's list of possible reasons for one night kill?

vote: PeaceBringer
[size=75]Music makes the world go 'round,
there's no life without a sound.[/size]
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:19 pm

Post by rolandofthewhite »

Vote: MeMe

Nox, I like your avatar. :)
Quiero hacer contigo lo que la primavera hace con los cerezos.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:11 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Random Vote: Someone
.. I love voting for him :)
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:11 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Yay, my first DP game! :lol:

~consults ouija board~

Vote: thesilentspeaker

Yay, my first vote in a DP game!
EnterYourNameHere
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:32 am

Post by EnterYourNameHere »

I will have limited access for the next few days. So I'm not going to random vote vote anyone right now in case I can't get on to change it, so I'll just throw on a
random FoS: Nanook
prinny, dood
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:43 am

Post by rolandofthewhite »

I like your avatar too. :shock:

::slips some cocaine into EYNH's penguin briefcase::
Quiero hacer contigo lo que la primavera hace con los cerezos.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:03 am

Post by Axelrod »

LoudmouthLee wrote:
Vote: Axelrod

First day killing speculations never sit well with me.
Ah yes, because "random" voting is so much better.

What about first day mafia speculation? Looking at the intro. I see this:
Dragon Phoenix wrote:The player names are a mix of names of people who will attend the actual party and other well-known names from one (or both) of the two sites. Several of the actual participants of JeepFest are left out of the players, something the baddies are aware of. This should spoil any suggestions of an early mass claim.
So, what that suggests to me, is that the mafia may be comprised of roles of people who are "not" invited to the party. Why else would DP point out that not everyone who is at the party is represented,
and that the baddies are aware of this
? Seems to me the reason is to give the mafia a few "safe" claims in that group if the mafia can find them. However, it is also clear that there
will
be some townies who are not party invitees, as DP says to aviod a mass claim breaking the game open. This allows the mafia to also "safely" claim someone not at the party (which could be their real role, I suppose.)

The point is, the people who
are
party invitees would seem to be slightly more clear than others, based just on that post. This finds a little support in that Big K was an actual party invitee, I believe.

I'm not suggesting that we do anything with this yet. But it's something to consider as we go along.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:28 pm

Post by MeMe »

"Do anything with"
what
, exactly? Basically, DP said that roles aren't just comprised of people actually in attendance at Jeepfest so that everyone knows that a role claim like "MeMe" isn't necessarily bogus and that a role claim of "Jeep" isn't a sure thing. Without DP's statement, a mass claim might have been a possible strategy...
with
DP's statement, it isn't.

So, basically, you want to interpret DP's note as a point in favor of tentatively clearing the actual partygoers which, I believe, is exactly the type of thing DP was trying to show us is fruitless. I'm willing to wager that your role is actually in attendance -- I'm quite
un
willing, however, to go along with the notion that you're less likely to be scum because of it.

And this has nothing to do with the game -- but I just want to clarify that there were no "invitees" to Jeepfest. All GLers and 'scummers were welcome!
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:29 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Fuldu wrote:Nox, it's not uncommon for scum groups to have the option not to kill, but it's rarely a good strategy.

LML, what's the difference between the speculation in Axelrod's post and the speculation in your second post? It seems like pretty much the same type of "first day killing speculations" in both of them.

vote: Mr Stoofer
My second post is in direct response to certain assumptions made by Axelrod. There is nothing known for sure. I know when I saw 1 kill, I didn't assume just mafia, I assumed lucky doc/roleblocker.

Maybe that's just me, and I will digress.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”