NY 151: Playground Mafia (Game Over-Mafia Win!)

Code_X
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3225 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:52 pm

Post by Code_X »

Well if you want me to answer questions I obviously will, but I can't convince of you my innocence anymore.
Code_X
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3226 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:52 pm

Post by Code_X »

And by that I mean I don't know what else I supposed to do/say. Just pray I guess ....
Code_X
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3227 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:09 pm

Post by Code_X »

And you know if you guys want more time. We can no lynch still.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #3228 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:49 pm

Post by Psyche »

I wish maxwell would squirm more.

vote maxwell

I WISH BENMAGE WOULD EXPLAIN CRAP WHEN AWARE OF HIS IMPENDING DEATH.
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3229 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:32 pm

Post by maxwell »

I didn't read the thread all day, and it's not my style to squirm, because I don't like to get super emotional in games. Because if I get pissed I don't enjoy the game and neither does anyone else. Also, when I replace into a game I'm usually pretty detached. But you're making a mistake. And I'd like it if you'd be a little more transparent in your thought process because I hate blind votes by clears on lylo, it is actually frustrating to have no idea if what you're saying is even getting through to the other person or not.

The benmage kill is a frame-job at best and you need to see that - regardless of his read on me, he'd be forced to reconsider for lylo, and there would be a clear alive as well, who probably wouldn't vote me. The fact that Code is cherry-picking everything negative benmage said about me whilst ignoring the places where he reconsiders. I mean, just consider, please, a hypothetical endgame where I shot DLG as scum - do you think you would stop to consider me as scum in that scenario? I don't. If I was that confident in my claim, why force myself into a 1v1 instead of creating a false dichotomy? Conversely, benmage was THE BEST POSSIBLE KILL CODE COULD HAVE MADE. Take out the pro-town but uncleared player, and suddenly people wonder if something is up and start to panic and he could easily just stick his hand up his dead butt and work him like a puppet to incriminate me.

With regard to the amount of town power - This setup could have potentially ended by Night 3 (4 deaths per day/night phase, 24 players, 6 mafia). That means in a worst case scenario town only has 2 mislynches which means a lot of power is necessary in order to potentially catch scum/stop nightkills because there's so much that can go wrong. 1 FBI agent is actually pretty unlikely to make a huge difference, because the odds of scanning the SK are so low, and there are so many deaths he's unlikely to get a large number of clears for endgame. Any argument about setup balance is pretty silly because FBI agent is only a minor power role - probably weaker than any of the other ones in this setup.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3230 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:42 pm

Post by Psyche »

frustration's the whole idea. >.>
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3231 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:48 pm

Post by maxwell »

Looking for an emotional response on a forum where responses can be planned, prepared and edited is pretty flawed

plus I've played enough mafia to know you're reaction testing me which means I'm not going to react as severely because I can't force it. Just the unfortunate reality.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3232 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:51 pm

Post by Psyche »

Yeah. I've played so much with people that things like that work on, that I do it automatically. >.>
Code_X
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3233 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:14 pm

Post by Code_X »

In post 3229, maxwell wrote:

The benmage kill is a frame-job at best and you need to see that - regardless of his read on me, he'd be forced to reconsider for lylo, and there would be a clear alive as well, who probably wouldn't vote me. The fact that Code is cherry-picking everything negative benmage said about me whilst ignoring the places where he reconsiders. I mean, just consider, please, a hypothetical endgame where I shot DLG as scum - do you think you would stop to consider me as scum in that scenario? I don't. If I was that confident in my claim, why force myself into a 1v1 instead of creating a false dichotomy? Conversely, benmage was THE BEST POSSIBLE KILL CODE COULD HAVE MADE. Take out the pro-town but uncleared player, and suddenly people wonder if something is up and start to panic and he could easily just stick his hand up his dead butt and work him like a puppet to incriminate me.

You say it's a frame job.

I say otherwise. You were scared of Benmage's reads. Even if I'm scum which I'm not there is no logical reason to shoot an unclaimed person ahead of two cop innocents.

Go and find the positive things he said about you. There was about one/maybe two against 8/9 the other way. And shottyiszik - I know you might want to brush him off and forget him but he is you also.

You also know that both DLG and Psyche both suspected me more. Voted the previous day - have raised more suspicion etc.

----------------------------------

Alas it's not just Benmage who needs remembering.

Antihero said Shotty was scum died the next night.

Nero/Mastin said Shotty was scum died that night or the one after.

DeasVail said you were scum. The JOAT no less - died the next night.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3234 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:20 pm

Post by Psyche »

Ugh. That was terrible, CodeX.

But note to self: test correlation between opinions of the NKed and actual realities.

I am completely bereft of any mafia playing compass. V.V

My chances of getting this right are 50/50 or worse.
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3235 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:23 pm

Post by maxwell »

Yes, the scumteam clearly killed off everyone who suspected drmyshottyizsik, because they really wanted to protect him because he was so useful.

Furthermore, how do you know those were scumteam kills and not SK kills? Did you just slip up on having inside information?
Code_X
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3236 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:28 pm

Post by Code_X »

In post 3235, maxwell wrote:Furthermore, how do you know those were scumteam kills and not SK kills? Did you just slip up on having inside information?

Didn't say they were did they I? Nice try though scum.

DV suspected you pretty hard not shottymoronsik.
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3237 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:54 pm

Post by maxwell »

You implied they were since you were suggesting them as reasons for me being scum. Don't try to play games.
Code_X
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3238 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:57 pm

Post by Code_X »

The Antihero kill is a logical scum kill. He suspected about 75% of the scum team.

Mastin/Nero were killed the same night so one was scum - the other SK.

DV - pretty sure he got killed because you found out he was the JOAT. He wasn't a prime candidate for a NK. Pretty sure also that he investigated you just a blinking shame he didn't say so whilst alive.
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3239 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:01 pm

Post by maxwell »

Okay. Antihero having correct reads on other scum team members doesn't mean he was right on shotty. They killed him for his other scumreads being correct, most likely. Nero Cain was tunneling FG, called me "nullish", I did not read a single post made by mastin and don't intend to. What makes you assume DV was shot over the claimed vigilante? For all we know, the vig shot DV for his awful posting at the end of the day.

This is all just reaching, every time I've played as scum, the entire reasoning for who they kill basically amounts to "who can we not lynch", but you're attempting to link nightkills like the entire team was dead-set on protecting me and not, say, one of the scum power roles. That I replaced in and immediately grabbed the reins, directing every move the team made to maximally benefit myself, when I hit the ground running and was struggling to keep up. It's garbage.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3240 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:58 am

Post by Psyche »

7 hours left in day.
DLG
DLG
Goon
DLG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3241 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:58 am

Post by DLG »

Hey, hey, roughly 5 hours to deadline.

Psyche, I'm willing to switch if you really feel maxwell is most likely. I mean, sheeping Benmage's reads seems like a decently high percentage play.

The most compelling point for scum maxwell is the death of Benmage. The most compelling point for Code_X is the hesitancy on Day 7 and even on this Day 8.

There's tons more for both, either way, but those are the key factors for me.

I'll switch before deadline if you don't Psyche. It's that simple. We want this game over today, and there's nothing to be gained by pushing for one more game Day.
If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.
DLG
DLG
Goon
DLG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3242 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:59 am

Post by DLG »

Ninja'd, I think it's 5 hours.

You want me to switch?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3243 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:02 am

Post by Psyche »

Maxwell's claim...!

I'll be here right before deadline.

It's almost six in PST.
DLG
DLG
Goon
DLG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3244 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:06 am

Post by DLG »

Isn't the deadline 1 pm Central Time? That's 2 pm for me (EST) and 11 am? for PST.
Code_X
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3245 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:09 am

Post by Code_X »

In post 3241, DLG wrote:The most compelling point for Code_X is the hesitancy on Day 7 and even on this Day 8.

Hesitant Day 7 was purely due to thinking we were at 5-1 and disbelieving Maxwell's claim then and there. Not many had actually suspected Maxous and to be honest I didn't know for sure out him and Maxwell who would be scum.

Day 8 fair enough. Though I've had a few bad experiences in lylo recently which I can share if you want both as town and both voting a townie. So although my vote was always going on to Maxwell it was a bit of meta worry more than anything. I lost Open 414 about a day after the thread opened.
Code_X
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3246 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:10 am

Post by Code_X »

DLG
DLG
Goon
DLG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3247 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:31 am

Post by DLG »

30 minutes, by my count.

You around, Psyche?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3248 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:38 am

Post by Psyche »

vote codex