jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:28 pm

Post by jeep »

Pshew, not sure I have time to post all my thoughts/comments, now, but I'll try. In no particular order, other then the order I saw them when skimming back through the topic...

dybeck
: What do YOU think an OMGUS vote is? I don't think I ever twisted your words, and if I did so, it was an honest misunderstanding of what you said.

HezLucky
: Good job. I would like to know where I seriously claimed to be a pro. Others have thrust the title upon me and I've written up some disputed articles, but that doesn't make me a pro. But good job in trying to belittle me anyway.
Jeep's comment is weird. All though I've seen him joke that "he's never scum, ever" before.
Joke? What joke?

For the record: I'm not voting HezLucky based on an investigation result.

In NYPD, it was necessary for the scum to work together because of the situation. Generally, opposing mafia (or adding a SK) will increase the town's odds of winning. They need to kill each other off. (That's why it's sometimes good to claim SK to avoid a lynch.) And I wasn't scum in that game, it was a mod mistake. ;) Had I been scum and had I thought about it, I would have encouraged my scum buddies to not kill Fuldu, since I think, had I been scum, that I could have communicated to him without the town becoming clued into the communications in a way that would have affected anything. The problem with that game was a mental lock that, if I had been scum, I would have wanted to eliminate the opposing scum first to keep my family intact. Hence, Fuldu's demise.

BabyJesus
, are you seriously comparing yourself to God (not the player, but the diety)?? Wow. Also, the bandwagon on me is not as good as any other.

To all
, please unbold quoted votes. In my games, I have started counting them as votes. They are extra annoying when trying to quickly do vote counts. Let's be nice to the mod.

Too strong of a response? Bollucks. Overreaction? B.S. I admit, I've moved away from the subtle "Try to manipulate the town to do what you want" strategy that I used to use to the "Beat the town with a stick until they do what you want" strategy of Antrax, but it worked for him and it has been working for me. Besides, the closer the scum think I am to getting lynched (without me actually in real danger of getting lynched) the longer I stay alive.

-JEEP
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:34 pm

Post by Cadmium »

Vote count:

1 Puzzle (dybeck)
1 PookyTheMagicalBear (EnterYourNameHere)
1 vikingfan (kristocker)
1 EnterYourNameHere (vikingfan)
2 BabyJesus (rolandofthewhite, Assasin)
3 jeep (HezLucky, Puzzle, BabyJesus)

2 HezLucky (jeep, Fuldu)

not voting (11): Astronaut, big_kahunia, Blackberry, Enigma91, Mastermind of Sin, Pariah, PookyTheMagicalBear, Save The Dragons, SpeedyKQ, Thesp, Thoth

12 to lynch
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:14 pm

Post by dybeck »

jeep wrote:
dybeck
: What do YOU think an OMGUS vote is? I don't think I ever twisted your words, and if I did so, it was an honest misunderstanding of what you said.
I've always understood an OMGUS vote to be voting purely (or mostly) because one is angry, or spiteful, that they have been voted for by another - especially if they see no good reason for it.

Your vote didn't seem to be motivated by anger or spite, but you claimed to have deduced that, logically, a vote for you was a scummy thing to do.

The end result in terms of votes is the same - a vote each. However, it's more malicious than an OMGUS vote. Your claim that it was logically motivated, rather than spiteful, was intended to encourage others to follow your bandwagon. And that struck me as scummy.
Eeny. Meeny. Miney. Vote.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:26 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

Enigma91 wrote:Uh is BJ always trigger happy? I've never played with him before
Oh boy, are you in for a treat!
HezLucky wrote:He may be pro but he certainly isn't acting like it at the moment.
That's not because...he's...uh...voting you...is it?

Unvote, Vote: HezLucky
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:52 am

Post by Thesp »

dybeck wrote:I've always understood an OMGUS vote to be voting purely (or mostly) because one is angry, or spiteful, that they have been voted for by another - especially if they see no good reason for it.

Your vote didn't seem to be motivated by anger or spite, but you claimed to have deduced that, logically, a vote for you was a scummy thing to do.

The end result in terms of votes is the same - a vote each. However, it's more malicious than an OMGUS vote. Your claim that it was logically motivated, rather than spiteful, was intended to encourage others to follow your bandwagon. And that struck me as scummy.
Hmm...I've always understood OMGUS as playful and absurd rather than spiteful and angry. That seems overly agressive, or perhaps mischaracterizing.
Vote: dybeck.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Puzzle
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Has a Cunning Plan

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:06 am

Post by Puzzle »

Hum, we've got 3 or 4 players who haven't posted yet. Unless they begin contributing, I think I will go after them tomorrow if nothing better comes out.
For now, I'll ask Thoth to come up with reasons why I should be voting for him, and I'd like him to respond to those.
Commodore Amazing
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:21 am

Post by dybeck »

I get the impression that whoever we lynch tonight, we're going to be able to tell a lot from voting patterns here.
Eeny. Meeny. Miney. Vote.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:30 am

Post by BabyJesus »

jeep wrote:
BabyJesus
, are you seriously comparing yourself to God (not the player, but the diety)?? Wow. Also, the bandwagon on me is not as good as any other.
no...

fos @ jeep

And are you implying the bandwagon on you is BETTER then? good to know...
:coo:
Back On The List: Fritzler, Pooky
Solo Town winner of Payola Mafia.
Scum's Best Friend: Nightcow
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:09 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

jeep wrote:Too strong of a response? Bollucks. Overreaction? B.S. I admit, I've moved away from the subtle "Try to manipulate the town to do what you want" strategy that I used to use to the "Beat the town with a stick until they do what you want" strategy of Antrax, but it worked for him and it has been working for me.
I'm not bothered by jeep's lack of subtlety. I'm bothered that he still thinks it would be a smart move to lynch HezLucky, based only on a single vote which was called temporary, during the lets-throw-some-votes-around-to-stoke-discussion phase of day 1.
Vote jeep.
[size=75]Mafia is hard.[/size]
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:16 am

Post by rolandofthewhite »

I think that a lot of people are attacking jeep for the wrong reasons here, but I do agree that it was suspicious how he's so set on HezLucky. I'm going to keep my vote for the moment, however.
Quiero hacer contigo lo que la primavera hace con los cerezos.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:10 am

Post by Fuldu »

Thesp wrote:Hmm...I've always understood OMGUS as playful and absurd rather than spiteful and angry. That seems overly agressive, or perhaps mischaracterizing. Vote: dybeck.
I've seen both, repeatedly. As a general rule of thumb, if someone posts "OMGUS vote: HezLucky," they're probably doing it in a spirit of playfulness. But many times someone who is spiteful or angry will simply post "vote: HezLucky" without including the modifier and it's pretty obvious to everyone but the player casting the vote that this was an OMGUS vote.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:26 am

Post by Blackberry »

Vote: SpeedKQ
for jumping on Jeep's bandwagon.
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:39 am

Post by HezLucky »

What's the difference between SpeedKQ jumping on Jeep's bandwagon and STD jumping on my bandwagon?

FOS: Blackberry
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:05 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

Blackberry wrote:
Vote: SpeedKQ
for jumping on Jeep's bandwagon.
your not so subtle attempt to deflect the jeep bandwagon has been noted
:coo:
Back On The List: Fritzler, Pooky
Solo Town winner of Payola Mafia.
Scum's Best Friend: Nightcow
Puzzle
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Has a Cunning Plan

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:44 am

Post by Puzzle »

Can we get prods on MastermindOfSin and Pooky ?
For now, I'll ask Thoth to come up with reasons why I should be voting for him, and I'd like him to respond to those.
Commodore Amazing
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:00 am

Post by Cadmium »

Mastermind of Sin won't be back until tuesday.

PookyTheMagicalBear has been prodded.
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:42 am

Post by jeep »

dybeck wrote:I've always understood an OMGUS vote to be voting purely (or mostly) because one is angry, or spiteful, that they have been voted for by another - especially if they see no good reason for it.
In my experience, that hasn't been the case. OMGUS is often playful. The emotion is not really relevant. OMGUS is voting for someone solely because they voted for you.
Your claim that it was logically motivated, rather than spiteful, was intended to encourage others to follow your bandwagon. And that struck me as scummy.
OK, so you don't want the town to be motivated by logic? Hmm. Interesting. Now, had you said here: "Your logic was faulty and you used that faulty logic to encourage the other to follow your bandwagon. And that struck me as scummy" then I'd have no comment, but to claim that using logic and encouraging people to follow is scummy... that seems a bit off.
And are you implying the bandwagon on you is BETTER then?
Nope. You might be inferring that, but I'm not implying that.
I'm bothered that he still thinks it would be a smart move to lynch HezLucky, based only on a single vote which was called temporary, during the lets-throw-some-votes-around-to-stoke-discussion phase of day 1.
Really? Hmm... You should really read previous games I've been in. Heh. And again, I'm not voting because of the vote, I'm voting him because of the stated reason.
What's the difference between SpeedKQ jumping on Jeep's bandwagon and STD jumping on my bandwagon?
SpeedyKQ is on the wrong bandwagon, STD isn't.

-JEEP
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:23 am

Post by HezLucky »

Jeep wrote: SpeedyKQ is on the wrong bandwagon, STD isn't.
I'm going to use one of your articles against you here.

It is most often mafia that seem confident of their vote.

Frankly, I think you should look harder. If you believe I'm mafia, you are sorely mistaken.

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:33 am

Post by Blackberry »

Wouldn't a detective be confident of which vote is wrong/right? Or even a mason group?
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:35 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Blackberry wrote:Wouldn't a detective be confident of which vote is wrong/right? Or even a mason group?
No Blackberry, because generally a detective or a mason might know that
certain
bandwagons are good or bad, but mafia know whether the bandwagon is good or bad
for all bandwagons
. If it's on one of their fellow scum, it's bad, but if it's on anybody else, it's good.

But that points up the reason that that logic is faulty in this particular game. Scum have roles out there that are working with them, but that they don't know the identity of. As such, they aren't going to be as confident in their bandwagoning decisions as would be the case in a regular game.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:00 pm

Post by HezLucky »

You raise a good point.

Nevertheless, Jeep's strange reaction combined with lack of any sort of reasoning (other than "it was his reason" ...) should've gotten him lynched by now.

But it's Jeep, you're all too afraid to admit he might be mafia.

Bookie can resurrect him anyway IF he's good (see that Jeep? I used the word IF ... something which seems to have disappeared from your vocabulary Mr. Mafia)

And to Blackberry, a mason group might know someone is innocent but they have no way of proving someone else is guilty. As for an inspector, he JUST said he's not voting me on the basis of an inspection. I think you need to pay some attention.

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:24 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

I've been prodded, I apologize for being somewhat inattentive in this game, work has been kinda timeconsuming and I'll get a better read over the weekend, right now I needsa to take long long sleep
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:49 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

HezLucky wrote:But it's Jeep, you're all too afraid to admit he might be mafia.
Once we kill you and if you are innocent, I'm going to try and figure out why jeep was so adament about killing you, and if I can't find a reason, I'll vote him.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:46 pm

Post by Thesp »

I haven't seen any reason to change my vote from dybeck. In fact, I think I find it more intriguing that he claims we'll find out a lot from today's voting patterns while he offers up no vote himself. Quite happy with my vote.

I'm sort of meh on the whole jeep vs. HezLucky thing. I'd vote HezLucky over jeep at the moment (in part for reasons mentioned by StD in the post previous), but I'm more inclined to look elsewhere right now.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:48 pm

Post by Thesp »

Clarification: dybeck hasn't offered up a significant vote.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”