BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:14 am

Post by BabyJesus »

Puzzle wrote:The best way to achieve celebrity is to get talked about by stars. Therefore, I'll
unvote Pooky, vote Jeep
and I'll encourage everyone else to join me. :mrgreen:
who is jeep...

unvote, vote jeep

this bandwagon is as good as any
:coo:
Back On The List: Fritzler, Pooky
Solo Town winner of Payola Mafia.
Scum's Best Friend: Nightcow
Assasin
Assasin
Goon
Assasin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:37 am

Post by Assasin »

Vote Baby Jesus
for jumping on an early bandwagon
I will eventually kill you all.
Puzzle
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Has a Cunning Plan

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:02 am

Post by Puzzle »

Assasin wrote:
Vote Baby Jesus
:lol:

I can't say I didn't see that one coming.

:lol:
SpeedyKQ
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
SpeedyKQ
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:49 am

Post by SpeedyKQ »

I've been thinking about pre-selecting the next day's lynch each day, for the benefit of the bookie, and I don't think it is worth it. We won't know when the bookie dies, or even if he is still alive now. Coordinating our decisions ahead of time and then sticking with them is probably unworkable, anyways. That being said, I think that for today only, BabyJesus could be a decent fallback lynch choice, because of the likelyhood of the bookie pick. But I'd rather not rush it and see if we can come up with something better.

I am surprised by how strongly jeep reacted to HezLucky's vote. The vibe I got from HezLucky was that it was a randomish vote with a cutesy explanation. He even said it was temporary. On the other hand I'm not thrilled with a jeep bandwagon either - I'd at least like to give him a chance to justify his legendary scum-busting reputation.
[size=75]Mafia is hard.[/size]
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:47 am

Post by Thesp »

I'm in agreement with everything SpeedyKQ just said, save using BabyJesus as a "fallback choice" for today. I think that could be too easy of a cop-out.

I also did find jeep's reaction to be unusually strong.

I also strongly think that BabyJesus's actions so far are counterproductive.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
dybeck
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
dybeck
Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:57 am

Post by dybeck »

There's no way we should lynch BabyJesus just because of his reputation as a Day 1 lynch.

If we're going to lynch him, it should be for all the reasons we usually lynch him.
Eeny. Meeny. Miney. Vote.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:01 am

Post by vikingfan »

Agreed with dybeck.

I'm going to
FOS jeep
for way too strong of a response, especially day 1. I could vote, but I want to hear more from jeep before/if I do.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:04 am

Post by BabyJesus »

Assasin wrote:
Vote Baby Jesus
true, I rarely do this in other games....looks like you figured out my scum tell!
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:05 am

Post by BabyJesus »

dybeck wrote:There's no way we should lynch BabyJesus just because of his reputation as a Day 1 lynch.

If we're going to lynch him, it should be for all the reasons we usually lynch him.
Actually, if you;re going to lynch me, just do it tomorrow so the bookie can get it right....
Puzzle
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Has a Cunning Plan

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:07 am

Post by Puzzle »

dybeck wrote:There's no way we should lynch BabyJesus just because of his reputation as a Day 1 lynch.

Double posting ?
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:09 am

Post by HezLucky »

Double posting rules!

It's even better when the posts are different.

Identical double posting is lame!

Double spacing also rules. But it's amazingly annoying when someone points it out.
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:12 am

Post by BabyJesus »

Puzzle wrote:

Double posting ?
I find responding to individual people better done in separate posts, rather then done in one huge post. It's kinda like how in the Bible our Lord Jesus broke it up into books, chapters, and verses...so too do I break up my thoughts into different posts.
Enigma91
Enigma91
Goon
Enigma91
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:17 am

Post by Enigma91 »

HezLucky wrote:Double posting rules!

It's even better when the posts are different.

Identical double posting is lame!

Double spacing also rules. But it's amazingly annoying when someone points it out.
Spam really isn't helpful
fos: lucky
and its annoying

Uh is BJ always trigger happy? I've never played with him before

And jeeps vote post is slightly odd, with his reaction but nothing really vote worthy I don't think
fos: jeep

[/b]
EnterYourNameHere
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:11 am

Post by EnterYourNameHere »

Lynching BJ just because the bookie may have picked him is a bad idea. Not to mention the bookie picking him is not guaranteed--I have not actually seen a BJ day 1 lynch in a while.

So far, the only thing that sticks out to me is jeep's comments. But I'm not so sure it's a good bandwagon. No vote yet.
prinny, dood
Puzzle
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Has a Cunning Plan

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:12 am

Post by Puzzle »

Thesp wrote:I'm in agreement with everything SpeedyKQ just said, save using BabyJesus as a "fallback choice" for today. I think that could be too easy of a cop-out.

Actually, I'd like a little more explanation, please :
- What do you mean by "cop-out" ?
- Why do you think BJ's vote on jeep to be counter-productive when, at the same time, you admit that jeep's reaction was "unusually strong" ?
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:18 am

Post by Fuldu »

Some thoughts on everyone's concern regarding jeep's 'unusually strong reaction.'

First, jeep could be the bookie and could know that he chose HezLucky to be lynched today, and so is trying to sway the town in that direction. In support of this possibility is his arguing that "the bookie
could
contribute a LOT towards getting someone lynched." In opposition to it is the fact that he voted for somebody else before HezLucky and that I don't think it would be very good Day One play.

Second, jeep could be an investigator of some sort, trying to hide a scum result on HezLucky under the guise of an argument. In support of this possibility is the fact that I've done just that as a cop in other games - jumped on any pretext to get a vote out for the identified scum. In opposition is, again, the vote for Puzzle. Here the opposition isn't as strong - it isn't necessarily wise for a cop to leave a single vote on for an entire day, especially when roles aren't revealed after night deaths - but I feel like there could have been better ways to handle it.

Third, and the option I consider most probable, jeep could be reasonably good at this game and have noticed a correlation between scumminess and stretching to provide a justification even for the ostensibly random vote. This correlation used to be stronger, as an influx of players who seem to include a joke or silly comment in everything they say has increased the amount of noise, but it's enough of a correlation for a Day One bandwagon.

Fourth, for the record, it's not true that jeep is never scum. We were opposing scum in mith's NYPD mafia a while back. And although he did seem to do a good job of identifying opposing scum, he also later admitted that he had contributed to the eventual town win by not recognizing that the best scum approach was for the opposing sides to work together. So, although I trust him at present, I'd suggest being wary of his various comments about "the thing that is most in favor of the town" and "reduc[ing] the opposing scum to nothing." Of everything he's posted so far, those are the ones that seem most strained to me.

vote: HezLucky
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Puzzle
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Puzzle
Has a Cunning Plan
Has a Cunning Plan

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:29 am

Post by Puzzle »

Fifth, he went fishing...
For now, I'll ask Thoth to come up with reasons why I should be voting for him, and I'd like him to respond to those.
Commodore Amazing
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:39 am

Post by Thesp »

Puzzle wrote:
Thesp wrote:I'm in agreement with everything SpeedyKQ just said, save using BabyJesus as a "fallback choice" for today. I think that could be too easy of a cop-out.

Actually, I'd like a little more explanation, please :
- What do you mean by "cop-out" ?
- Why do you think BJ's vote on jeep to be counter-productive when, at the same time, you admit that jeep's reaction was "unusually strong" ?
Sure. As to the first question, by "cop-out" I mean "uses this as justification instead of coming up with geuine/good reasons". If as a whole we agree to lynch someone based on mechanics on day one, I think we do ourselves a huge disservice later down the road when looking back for voting patterns.

As to the second question, I did not say that BJ's vote on jeep was counterproductive.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:49 am

Post by HezLucky »

You assume too much Fuldu.

He's not the bookie or the inspector.
He may be pro but he certainly isn't acting like it at the moment.
And as for point four, Jeep just contradicted himself.

You assume, assume, say something that isn't true, catch him in a contradiction and then vote for me.

Go figure.

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:25 am

Post by Blackberry »

Hmmmmm, BabyJesus, I'm willing to bet you're one of those roles that changes sides once you're lynch. Mafia --> Town or Town --> Mafia. (I forget the names, lol). That's my only explanation for why you are suggesting a lynch on yourself :? .

Unvote

Fuldu is somewhat striking me as suspiscious but I can't point out
why
. It has something to do with his last post that just doesn't sound right. I'll post more after some more discussion.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:55 am

Post by Fuldu »

I don't think anything I said or that jeep has said suggests a contradiction. My comment was that
in that particular game
the best scum strategy would have been to work together. Whether that would be the case in this game isn't clear to me one way or the other. I just wanted to point out that jeep doesn't
always
believe that it is in scum's interest to work against one another and to draw attention to the fact that he's being more forward about it than usual in this game.

And while you can easily say that he's not an investigator (and, really, what else would you say), I don't see how you could possibly know that he's not the bookie, unless you are yourself. The only other way you would know that is if you're a teamed group (scum or masons) and your vote, his vote and the subsequent bandwagons seem really poor play if that were the case.

As for argument 3, the one I believe to be the case, scummy behavior is not always a certain indicator of scum. Your vote and rationale, as jeep pointed out obliquely and I pointed out directly, is a possible scum tell. From my standpoint it isn't enough to lynch you on, but for Day One, it's enough to get a bandwagon rolling to see what happens. If it continues to be posts like your last, then maybe we'll move on to a lynch, but it need not become one.

On another matter, it wouldn't make any sense for Judas or Saulus to be angling for a lynch this early in the game. If somebody's angling to be lynched late in the game, as it becomes clearer how well town and scum are doing, then that's a reasonable conclusion to draw, but this early in the game BJ would just be limiting his options if that was what he was doing.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:05 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

Blackberry wrote:Hmmmmm, BabyJesus, I'm willing to bet you're one of those roles that changes sides once you're lynch. Mafia --> Town or Town --> Mafia. (I forget the names, lol). That's my only explanation for why you are suggesting a lynch on yourself :? .
So I guess you didn't buy me being a PJV that is willing to take one for team to hopefully get a roleplayer resurrected...
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:13 pm

Post by HezLucky »

Clarification on Investigator/Bookie:

he can't be lynching me on an investigation because I'm innocent (yeah, I know, I can't really prove this to you, but that's why I wrote it)
and he most likely isn't the bookie because if he was, why would he choose me over someone like BJ? He hasn't even played any games with me, thus making his choice quite random.

It's using LOGIC. Logic sometimes fails but I don't think that's the case this time.

FOS: Fuldu
for trying to start a bandwagon on me because of someone else's overreaction.

big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:57 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

Not sure about the jeep thing, about the bookie or other matters right now after my first read. I'll reread and lot more complete thoughts.

No vote at this time.
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalms 73:26 (NIV)
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:05 pm

Post by rolandofthewhite »

Wow, a lot of discussion. :shock:

Vote count?
Quiero hacer contigo lo que la primavera hace con los cerezos.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”