Mini 219: Tom Cruise Mafia -- It's a Wrap!

WindSlicer
WindSlicer
Goon
WindSlicer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:57 pm

Post by WindSlicer »

I'm so sorry mafiates - I didn't realize my outting of the game would be such a scum tell (pretty new to the forum mafia). I had just started school and really didn't have the time to play my mafia role to my best ability. But Yosarian played great, lasting 'til the end when he could have easily been lynched right after I opted out.

Again, kudos to you guys :)
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:36 pm

Post by Fuldu »

So does this make this the game with the largest percentage of winning players (11/12, i.e. everyone but Phoebus)?
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:50 pm

Post by vikingfan »

I don't think so- Phoebus. Winning with the town, to me, infers that all scum must be dead. Not all of them are dead, so...

Interestingly enough, Astronaut's PM reads that he was unnightkillable by the mafia- but not by the SK. Nice way of balancing things- and if Astronaut had given the game to Phoebus instead, Phoebus would have been the winner. Instead, as I read it, the mafia and Astronaut are cowinners.
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:19 pm

Post by Astronaut »

I took the draw rather than to chance on Phoebus and Yosarian2 targetting eachother... I suspected that Phoebus could be right about Yos targetting him the night before and found him immune to nightkills (only single-shot, but Yos wouldn't know) and therefore the only way to get rid of Phoebus was to lynch him.

I know my play must have seemed pretty bizarre to Fuldu, but there was some sort of plan behind it all. My goal yesterday was to lynch Phoebus and get Yosarian2 to target me at night, which would be a town victory. Even if Yosarian2 targetted Fuldu, we'd get a draw.

My mistake was that I thought the Seol/Yos2 connection was obvious after day 2, so I started hinting at my plan before I had Fuldu convinced I was on his side. I knew I'd have to make an improbable claim in order to give Yosarian2 a reason to vote Phoebus as well, so I wanted to wait as long as I could with this. Fuldu forced me to claim at a time where he thought I was scum, no wonder he didn't buy my claim in that situation.

I pictured this as a town/scum draw, had I known that it was a me/scum draw, I'd have considered a no lynch yesterday and hoped for them to target eachother, but that would have been a gamble.

I can't say I'm really disappointed with the way things went considering we lost so many power roles the first two nights.
[size=84][i]Have you been peckish during the night? Only, someone's been at me cheese.[/size][/i]
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:49 pm

Post by Talitha »

A win's a win, I'll take it :)

Thanks for the game MeMe and all, I enjoyed it.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:29 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Astronaut wrote:I took the draw rather than to chance on Phoebus and Yosarian2 targetting eachother... I suspected that Phoebus could be right about Yos targetting him the night before and found him immune to nightkills (only single-shot, but Yos wouldn't know) and therefore the only way to get rid of Phoebus was to lynch him.

I know my play must have seemed pretty bizarre to Fuldu, but there was some sort of plan behind it all. My goal yesterday was to lynch Phoebus and get Yosarian2 to target me at night, which would be a town victory. Even if Yosarian2 targetted Fuldu, we'd get a draw.

My mistake was that I thought the Seol/Yos2 connection was obvious after day 2, so I started hinting at my plan before I had Fuldu convinced I was on his side. I knew I'd have to make an improbable claim in order to give Yosarian2 a reason to vote Phoebus as well, so I wanted to wait as long as I could with this. Fuldu forced me to claim at a time where he thought I was scum, no wonder he didn't buy my claim in that situation.

I pictured this as a town/scum draw, had I known that it was a me/scum draw, I'd have considered a no lynch yesterday and hoped for them to target eachother, but that would have been a gamble.

I can't say I'm really disappointed with the way things went considering we lost so many power roles the first two nights.
Heh...the funny thing is, I was pretty sure Phoebus was the SK all along...until you claimed roleblocker. That made me really wonder, because I had been considering claiming roleblocker for the exact same reason, in order try and get Phoebus lynched that night.

In fact, after you claimed roleblocker, I was thinking about doing the same thing in response, to say "No, I'm the roleblocker. Today we lynch Phoebus, I'll roleblock Astro, and then tommorow we can win." Fuldu would have had to assume that one of us was telling the truth, and at that point should theoretically have been willing to go along with the lynch. Then if you actually were a roleblocker and did stop my kill, the game would have come down to Fuldu deciding if he should lynch me or lynch you, and I thought I would have had a chance there, even if me and Fuldu had to lynch you twice.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:42 am

Post by Astronaut »

It's fascinating how things that seem so obvious when you know about them are hard to see for the uninformed. In this case, I couldn't grasp how Fuldu didn't see that Yos2 was mafia. I hope I didn't offend you, Fuldu, with my [335] I felt I had to be a bit aggressive to make you unvote. In hindsight, the post is probably closer to sarcasm than aggressiveness.

50% roleblocker with one-shot lynch immunity is admittedly a silly role. As mentioned, my plan was to show my innocence before claiming, since I had to claim something that would make Yos2 target me.
[size=84][i]Have you been peckish during the night? Only, someone's been at me cheese.[/size][/i]
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:54 am

Post by Fuldu »

Well, in truth, I wasn't sure you were pro-town, but I figured that if you were, you were potentially immune to night-kills, as turned out to be the case. Given that, and given your totally ludicrous roleclaim, I had hoped that either you would turn out to be night-kill immune or that
both
Phoebus and Yosarian would end up targeting you. And that involved playing up how unlikely it was that you were telling the truth and how probable it was that you were scum. That didn't take into account the possibility that you were immune to mafia kills, but not SK kills, but from my standpoint, even if you were telling the truth, no lynch was still the right move.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:38 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Astronaut wrote:It's fascinating how things that seem so obvious when you know about them are hard to see for the uninformed. In this case, I couldn't grasp how Fuldu didn't see that Yos2 was mafia. I hope I didn't offend you, Fuldu, with my [335] I felt I had to be a bit aggressive to make you unvote. In hindsight, the post is probably closer to sarcasm than aggressiveness.

50% roleblocker with one-shot lynch immunity is admittedly a silly role. As mentioned, my plan was to show my innocence before claiming, since I had to claim something that would make Yos2 target me.
I wasn't going to target you, because basically, you were so sure that I was scum, I figured if you really were the SK, I was dead and was going to lose that night no matter who I targeted, so there was no gain to targeting you. On the other hand, if you were not the SK, targeting Phoebus would be the better choice. Basic game theory; there was no possible scenerio I could see where I'd be better off targeting you instead of Phoebus.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:35 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”