Micro 52: Speedygorge Mafia (GAME OVER!)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Buckwild
Buckwild
Goon
Buckwild
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:55 am

Post by Buckwild »

In post 549, Hyperion wrote:
In post 533, Buckwild wrote:I have this strong urge to lynch Om again. Anyone else getting it?

??? what are your reasons? Is it the same as mine? Or something else, don't leave us in the dark here.

I already wrote my reasons.

Current VC: 3.1Om of the Nom (L-3)
Yates
drmyshotgun
(L-3)
:right: Hyperion
Eidolon
(L-1) 2 - penguin_alien, Buckwild
penguin_alien
RobertMontana
(L-3)
Buckwild (L-3)

Not Voting: Om of the Nom, Yates, Hyperion

With [5] alive and kicking it will take [3] votes to Lynch.
You may not "No-Lynch". Right now, [Hyperion] was lynched at deadline.

Speaking of which, deadline in is (expired on 2012-11-24 01:20:15)

~Maestro
Last edited by Maestro on Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:05 pm

Post by Maestro »

Back on semi-regular access, everyone.
Thanks for your understanding.

Top of page updated with VC.
Buckwild
Buckwild
Goon
Buckwild
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:35 pm

Post by Buckwild »

Vote: Hyperion
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:00 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Mod: Welcome back, and I think I voted for Hyperion in #543

Everyone else, the votes from me and Buckwild have put Hyperion at L-1, /PSA

:shifty:
~Maestro
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:28 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Intent to hammer Hyperion, is everyone fine with that?

If he flips Chosen, Buck should be a good lynch.
“Leftover lady, let alone the strongest to be subdued.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

hey beautiful ! how was your day ?
Buckwild
Buckwild
Goon
Buckwild
Goon
Goon

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:43 pm

Post by Buckwild »

In post 554, Om of the Nom wrote:Intent to hammer Hyperion, is everyone fine with that?

you pos. you already know he's gonna flip chosen, don't you? Making sure you secure someone else's lynch for lylo?
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:01 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

In post 555, Buckwild wrote:
In post 554, Om of the Nom wrote:Intent to hammer Hyperion, is everyone fine with that?

you pos. you already know he's gonna flip chosen, don't you? Making sure you secure someone else's lynch for lylo?

The confirmation bias is strong in this one.
I don't see why you're so paranoid considering I was terribly wrong about Mala and Siv :P
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

Buckwild
Buckwild
Goon
Buckwild
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:13 am

Post by Buckwild »

In post 556, Om of the Nom wrote:

The confirmation bias is strong in this one.
I don't see why you're so paranoid considering I was terribly wrong about Mala and Siv :P

I'm paranoid because I've been suspecting you since day 2 and you continue to do scummy stuff like this. And you being terribly wrong about Mala and Siv means nothing given that you are accusing me, since I was wrong about them as well.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:25 am

Post by Om of the Nom »

In post 557, Buckwild wrote:I'm paranoid because I've been suspecting you since day 2 and you continue to do scummy stuff like this.

How did this come from "Om is town because he's so sure I'm scum"?

penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:30 am

Post by penguin_alien »

Om of the Nom, I'd prefer you wait until Hyperion can get some last words in. If it gets down to <24 hours to deadline and he hasn't stopped by, fine, but if he isn't scum his last thoughts would be relevant.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:37 am

Post by Yates »

In post 556, Om of the Nom wrote:I don't see why you're so paranoid considering I was terribly wrong about Mala and Siv

Really? You think that knowing everyone's flip [you knew they would flip Town] before they flip proves you are TOWN?

Is Hyperion going to flip Town, Om? You are willing to hammer so... Hyperion is scum riiiiight?

I agree with Penguin - we should give Hyperion ~24 hours to respond. I don't know what "intent to hammer" means in this game since Hyperion isn't going to claim Cop out of nowhere and drop a bunch of results but it makes sense to get some last reads in case we are wrong.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:59 am

Post by Om of the Nom »

I can see Hyperion flipping as anything right now.

Hyperion
Hyperion
Goon
Hyperion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:39 am

Post by Hyperion »

Buckwild... You are implying here that Om is last scum because you think he knows if I will flip chosen or not... and yet your voting me... This doesnt make sense at all.

either way:
VOTE: OM
honestly, its alot of gut in this read, I'm not gonna lie.

Conclusion:
Penguin is town, Yates probably is to, I would encourage you look at either Om or Buck tomorrow (unless I flip normal townie in which case I think we win right?).
Buckwild
Buckwild
Goon
Buckwild
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:41 am

Post by Buckwild »

How I see it:
If Hyperion was scum, noone else would be fighting against a lynch on him since we don't know 100% what he will flip but he is a good lynch candidate.
If Hyperion was chosen, noone else would be fighting a lynch on him since town don't know, and scum would be fine with having him lynched.
If Hyperion was town, scum would try to fight it since his lynch would be a loss for scum.

There has been no resistance to lynching him. He is going to flip chosen or scum.

Hyperion's recent postings seem like a town that doesn't care he will be lynched and it makes me suspect Om even moreso. Unfortunately there is still other evidence that has been posted prior that Hyperion has not responded to that points to him/eid being scum.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:23 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

GUYS IDEA GET

How do you all feel about lynching the person who is least likely to be Chosen? If Chosen townies can't be endgamed or shot, lynching a normal townie will force the last scum to kill the last normal townie, at which point it's a town win.

Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:25 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Actually wait...
@Mod: Do scum have to kill every night?

penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:42 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

I agree with Buckwild that if Hyperion was a vanilla townie we'd see the scum fighting it. To be more specific about the lack of resistance, we have two of us voting for him, one person (Om of the Nom) ready to put down the hammer, and another (Yates) who is not pushing another target and seems to think there is plenty of scummy activity from the Hyperion-Eidolon slot. In case it becomes relevant to clarify where everyone seems to stand on Hyperion.

Hyperion, do you have any reasons aside from the meta to suggest why Buckwild would be scum over Om of the Nom? I realize that your strongest professed read for scum is Om of the Nom based on gut, but if you have anything about Buckwild you think we should consider, it would seem that this is your chance.

Buckwild, if Hyperion is the scum he's seemed to be prior to his last couple posts taking the tack of 'town accepting/not minding his lynch' said tack could be an attempt to push us toward Om of the Nom. My problem with jumping on that is that to my recollection, no one was really pushing Eidolon. There is one vote for her in the VC at the top of page 8 from Buckwild, and my slot and known town Siveure DtTrikyp are voting for her as of page 7 (I am totally going to owe Siveure DtTrikyp an apology if Hyperion flips scum...), and Yates' slot was there even earlier. There was no real attempt from anyone of unknown alignment to start a wagon going. To my reading, the votes seem more like attempts to provoke activity or a response to questions (or a gut read as far as I can tell from Siveure DtTrikyp) than persuasions to others to get a lynch going. How do others interpret those spots?
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:49 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Are we going off your guesses for who's Chosen and who's not? Because that seems like a bad idea based on history this game...! ;~)

Seriously, the thing is, based on who we know is scum, malpascp, the only living players he mentioned were you (Om of the Nom) and Buckwild. The former was RVS, and the latter was a last-ditch post where I'm assuming he knew that when he flipped scum mehdi2277 would look very town, so by inference he might be able to set Buckwild up as scum. Yes, we can WIFOM about it a lot, but I don't think either is a good indicator of who might be Chosen. And if we could figure out who was Chosen based on who was being pushed for (unsuccessful) wagons, we could probably nail the scum based on that, making an attempt to find a VT irrelevant.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:55 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

I think both the Chosen are likely to have been pushed today (and they probably still are).
Since a Chosen lynch is necessary for a scum win today, it's extremely likely they'll be pushing both Chosen Townies.
So if we look at who is not being pushed at all today, we can figure out who is not Chosen.
That person is Yates (and from my POV, since I know I'm town, I can confirm penguin as likely to not be Chosen too, since I'm the only one who's really pushed him at all today).

Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:57 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

The benefit of lynching like this is that instead of lynching someone who could potentially be a Chosen townie who looked scummy, we lynch someone who has a chance of just being a very good scum player and a much lower chance of them being Chosen.

penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:19 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

I'm a she or her, darn it.

I think the last part is implying that we should lynch someone likely to have been vetoed?

From the Hyperion-scum perspective, we'd have Buckwild and Om of the Nom as the pushees/Chosen.
From the penguin_alien-scum perspective, we'd have Om of the Nom and Hyperion as the pushees/Chosen.
From the Om of the Nom-scum perspective we'd have penguin_alien and Hyperion as the pushees/Chosen.
From the Buckwild-scum perspective we'd have Om of the Nom and Hyperion as the pushees/Chosen.
From the Yates-scum perspective *I think* the closest we have is Hyperion and Buckwild as the pushees/Chosen, although there was some consideration of penguin_alien and Om of the Nom as well scattered in there. That makes me think there's no way he's scum, but if the actual scum concurs with this, it could throw off other Chosen reads.

Correct me if anyone thinks anyone else has been pushing two different people more strongly, but this is what I'm coming up with based on the day's activity.

Actually, I think scum would be best served by making one solid push rather than splitting their focus, particularly in the event that Yates is one of the Chosen. This would be the best way to seem to be town trying to find the last scum. By which philosophy I'd conclude that you (Om of the Nom) and I are the only ones really pushing a single target, and for both of us that's Hyperion.

I see problems with lynching me or Yates (aside from the old standby of, 'I am the only person I know to be town 100%, so I am the least optimal lynch from my POV). In Yates' case, it's because a scum not pushing his lynch could be abandoning it due to the fact that I suspect the suggestion that Yates is scum would get one laughed into the noose at this point. If Yates is one of the two Chosen, scum is better off aiming for the second Chosen and NKing Yates post-Chosen #1 lynch. In the case of my hypothetical lynch, I cannot help but feel that you'd be my second choice for scum but for Hyperion being rather exponentially more scummy. Which makes your assurances that you were suggesting I be lynched at the start of this day purely from a town perspective less than...reassuring. It could also be read as scum-you seeing which target would stick better and going after the lower hanging fruit in the form of Hyperion.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:28 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

No, I'm not pushing you anymore, I'm pushing Buck and Hyperion.
Yates is definitely town, and I still think it's likely that he's not a Chosen.

Let me check something quickly.

Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:31 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Actually no I don't have the motivation to do that :P
I was going to see if maybe it's possible to work out who the scum vetoed based on what people think of each other, but it's too much work :P

Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:45 pm

Post by Maestro »

In post 565, Om of the Nom wrote:Actually wait...
@Mod: Do scum have to kill every night?

No.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:46 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

:P

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”