Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:10 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Phoebus wrote:massive games are renowned for headache causing.
His last game had the cop as evil and he coached his "deputy" to a perfect win.

I'm slightly masochistic as far as massive games go...
/in for next massive game.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:29 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

bump -- hoping massive will post the roles/night choices.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:40 am

Post by massive »

Sorry, got a huge directive handed to me Tuesday at noon, which had to be done by four o'clock PM, and which then took three days. I promise, it's all coming soon!
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:12 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

~cough~
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:03 am

Post by massive »

A little about the setup of Astuto-Umore:

While trying to come up with a gimmick for my mini, I got to thinking about a different variety of SK that "sort of" fit in with the old Italian village motif. The idea of the troll came from a horrible TV commercial where a troll waylays a British dude under a bridge, and the dude gives him various candies to placate him. Building off of the "troll under the bridge" serial killer, I decided to split the town into two towns, and that only people who crossed the bridge would be available for the troll to kill -- I made up for the limited targetting by giving the troll a nightkill immunity, which fit the idea of a troll. From there, it was also necessary to build in the dual-town structure into some of the information roles, as you'll see in the list following.

In short, I was very happy with how this turned out. As in my previous games, though, my information roles that play off the "quirk" in my setup got killed early, leaving it up to the town to discern the quirk, which they did JUST in the nick of time!

So here is the list of the roles, and then the night choices, over the next few posts.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:04 am

Post by massive »

Anti-Town Roles

Mafia Godfather (olio), Astuto:
You are
Giorgio (Don) Ameche
, bustling Astuto businessman and (now) head of your own mafia family. Congratulations! You’ve pressed your lovely daughter Fabia (Commodore Amazing) into service, and have recruited Saulo Mercurio (Coolbot) to start your enterprise.
Each night, you may select one player to kill. You must decide who will do the killing, and pass that information along to me as well. As per regular godfather rules, you will appear innocent to any investigations that pass innocent/guilty.

You win when the mafia outnumber the remaining townies.

------

Mafia Daughter (Commodore Amazing), Astuto:
You are
Fabia Ameche
, gorgeous daughter of businessman Giorgio Ameche and proud up-and-coming mafia member! Your father (Olio) has been given his own mafia family, and has recruited Saulo Mercurio (Coolbot) to help with ... initial setup.
Each night, the mafia selects one person to kill, and which member will perform the kill. The godfather is responsible for getting that information to the mod. You may also talk amongst yourself at night.

You win when the mafia outnumber the remaining townies.

------

Mafia Stooge (Coolbot), Umore:
You are
Saulo Mercurio
, hopeless do-nothing and general lazy bum who happens to live in Umore. Luckily for you, Giorgio Ameche (Olio) has chosen you to be his mafia grunt, and to help set up the “family business” that he and his daughter Fabia (Commodore Amazing) hope to set up.
Each night, the mafia selects one person to kill, and which member will perform the kill. The godfather is responsible for getting that information to the mod. You may also talk amongst yourself at night.

You win when your mafia outnumbers the rest of the town.

------

Troll Living Under The Bridge SK (Fritzler), Neither:
You are
Lordo
, a giant troll who lives under the bridge between Umore and Astuto. Your only concern with the deaths in town is that people will be more vigilant, and thus harder for you to catch and eat.
Each night, I will send you a list of the people that cross your bridge, and you may select one to kill and eat. It is imperative that you are quick with your night choices, as I can only send you your list once I have the night choices from everyone else. As an incentive to do so, I will give you one free reprieve from a nightkill attempt on your life.

You win when you are the only person remaining in town.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:20 am

Post by massive »

Pro-Town Roles

Doctor (Fishbulb), Astuto:
You are
Doctor Norberto Fluenza, M.D.
, proprietor of a healthy family business in the town of Astuto. You have been content up until now to wait for patients to come and see you, but with the trouble the town is currently in, you’ve decided to become more proactive in your house calls.
Each night, you may select someone whose house you will visit. If they have been shot, it will be good that you’ve shown up.

You win this game when the mafia have been purged from your villages.

------

Wanderer (Phoebus), Astuto:
You are
Lucia Camminata
, a sleepless soul of Astuto, doomed to nights of tossing and turning thanks to the threats in your village. As a result, you wander the streets of the town, kneading your hands into worried knots.
Each night, you may select someone whose house you will visit. Otherwise, you will wander randomly. It is said that shady activities happen during the night, so it would be best to keep your eyes peeled.

You win when the mafia are eliminated.

------

Modified Cop (Yosarian2), Astuto:
You are
Paulo Rimborso
, a policeman from Astuto who feels the grip of the mafia closing about his chest, and has decided that extreme action may be called for.
Each night, you have two options. You may select one person to kill as a vigilante kill. Your other option is to set up a surveillance on a player – the first night you will spy on the person to determine their affiliation; then, the second night, if that player was mafia, you make a vigilante kill; if not, you take no action.

You win when the mafia are eliminated – through whatever means necessary.

------

Cafe Owner (Mr Stoofer), Umore:
You are
Gino di Cuoco
, the owner of small but well-known tavern in Umore. You still try and keep busy serving your customers while the town searches for the mafia, but the thrill of the hunt sometimes overtakes you.
Each night, you may select a player, and the next day you will pay special attention to their eating habits as they dine in your restaurant. The next night, you may be able to figure out something helpful to the town.

You win when your peaceful hamlet is rid of the mafia.

------

Ordinary Joe (draygn_mage), Astuto:
You are
Giuseppe Media
, an average citizen of Astuto, who is shocked and appalled at the insurgence of mafia in your tiny little towns. Unfortunately, you are a mere fisherman without much more than your sharp wits ... but we’re sure you’ll put them to the best use!

You win when no more mafia reside in the villages.

------

City Planner (Polarboy), Umore:
You are
Palermo Vanzetti
, an elderly city councilman of Umore and former city planner of the twin villages. You have lived in the twin villages your entire life, and it seems like you know everyone.
Each night, you may select a player, and search your sometimes spotty memory to see if you remember who they are.

You win when all of the mafia are removed from power.

------

Overnight Sewer Worker (Coron), Umore:
You are
Carlo Sacco
, an overnight sewer worker in Umore. Even though you’d like to be able to help in all the detective work, duty calls, and as you work during the night, it’s hard for you to be helpful during the day. But still you try. [/I]Each night, you may select to work on the sewers in either Astute or Umore. Maybe you will cross somebody’s path?[/I]

You win when the mafia no longer menace your villages.

------

Lovesick Puppy (Kerplunk), Umore:
You are
Guillermo Cuorotto
, a simple fishmonger from Umore who only wishes to spend the rest of his life in his quiet town with the girl of his dreams, Fabia. The only problem is, Fabia’s father has refused to let her marry a simple fishmonger, and has squirreled her away from your lecherous eyes.
Each night, you may select someone whose house you will visit. If they are Fabia, you will be able to talk to Fabia each night.

You win when the town has rid itself of the mafia.

Some quick notes about the town roles:

The Wanderer (Phoebus) was not designed to be an information role, but a helpful target for the troll. She was, however, immune to mafia nightkills -- although Phoebus didn't know that. The opposite was true for the Cafe Owner -- by definition, he was immune to SK kills, since he did not move about.

The City Planner (Polarboy) received 50% character name, 50% what town that person lived in. Some of my names can be a bit hinty if you translate the names, and since I enjoy naming my players, this a fun thing that I like to do. I also did it in the last one.

The Overnight Sewer Worker would have received information about a random resident of whichever town he selected.

Finally, Sacco and Vanzetti! While some of the names are indicative of the role, Sacco and Vanzetti (real first names Nicola and Bartolomeo) were the defendants in a murder case who were essentially convicted (and put to death) because they were anarchists and political activists -- even though both of them had alibis. Their execution sparked off riots across Europe. I wrote a term paper on them back in high school -- the story is fascinating, and while doing some research for the game, I happened across a story about how Vanzetti was a fishmonger. So I decided to include them.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:37 am

Post by massive »

Night One Choices:

Stoofer watched Fritzler eat.
Kerplunk checked Fishbulb to see if they were a match.
Fishbulb chose to protect CoolBot.
Yosarian2 set up surveillance on Phoebus.
Polarboy reminisced about Fishbulb, who lived in Umore.
Coron selected Astuto for his shift.

Fritzler ate Coron.
The mafia selected Commodore Amazing to kill Coron.

Night Two Choices:

Stoofer learned about Fritzler's lack of eating habits, and checked olio.
Kerplunk wanted to keep checking people despite lynching his lover.
Fishbulb protected Phoebus.
Yosarian2 completed his surveillance, learning of Phoebus's innocence.
Polarboy tried to recollect Yosarian2.

Fritzler ate Polarboy.
The mafia sent olio to kill Phoebus, who was protected by the doc.

Night Three Choices:

Stoofer watched olio eat spaghetti, and then wanted to wait on Phoebus.
Kerplunk, obviously blinded by his loss, kept sending me targets.
Fishbulb protected Fritzler's empty stomach.
Yosarian set up surveillance on Fishbulb.

Fritzler ate Fishbulb.
The mafia sent olio to kill Phoebus, who wasn't home.

Night Four Choices:

Mr Stoofer wants to wait on Coolbot, who happily obliges.
Yosarian2, his surveillance broken, performs a vig kill on Coolbot.

Fritzler ate Yosarian2.
The mafia send Coolbot to kill Stoofer.

The triple-circle kill on Night Four proved to be the defining moment in the game in terms of night choices.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:14 am

Post by Phoebus »

nice
but many a curse have I thrown your way for making my results useless :P
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:51 am

Post by Kerplunk »

Heh, on Night 2 I didn''t realize I lynched my lover. :) And Night three I figured I could use Fritzler's skill to see who was living where.

Again: awesome setup, massive.
Has your mafiagame lasted for only a few days or maybe it dragged on and on and on? Check the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Records]Records page[/url] on the wiki to see if it is a record!
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:49 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Awesome set-up indeed, massive. Definitely /in for your next game.

So the information I got from my customers was useless?
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:16 am

Post by Fritzler »

Mr Stoofer wrote:Awesome set-up indeed, massive. Definitely /in for your next game.

So the information I got from my customers was useless?
Um, no, it caught you a member of the mafia.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:29 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Sure, but was what people ate related to their alignment? Or was it just fortuitous that olio called me a liar for no good reason?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:58 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Yeah, very cool set-up.

One question...aren't there a lot of possible end-game scenerios where the troll can't win, and the game ends in a draw?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:21 am

Post by massive »

It's possible, although I think given a one troll v. one townie situation, I'd be happy letting the troll leave the bridge and eat the remaining townie, and thus getting the win.

(and then moving to another town)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”