Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:07 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Whew... :lol:

No problem, Mr Stoofer, just wanted to make sure we all understood each other because that was getting quite messy.
[url=http://fishbulb515.blogspot.com/][b]Fishblog![/b][/url]
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:43 am

Post by Phoebus »

Stoofer wrote:And if that is directed at me, my idea is to lynch the guy who I think is reaching too hard to find scumminess in harmless posts. That would be you.
Too hard? I'm hardly trying. :|
CoolBot wrote:The reason CA's post is so scummy is it's the sort of post someone with knowledge about the kill would post. Why even bring up the possiblity of a vig, unless he wants the town to begin considering it? He's either trying to hide his connection to Coron's death under the cover of a vig, or trying to indicate he's a vig. Vig's don't usually go around announcing themselves, so I think it's the former.
The even bigger assumption is that there is at all a vig. Since no vig would announce themselves day one, this could loosely fit the criteria for fishing. Anyone vehemently denying/opposing a vig kill becomes suspect for scum.
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
draygn_mage
draygn_mage
Mafia Scum
draygn_mage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:51 am

Post by draygn_mage »

Here's an idea. Stop using the word "you". actually type the name of the person or people you are talking to. Example-

@Fishbulb- do you think this will cut back on confusion?
Disciple of AniX- Who needs scumdar when you play by smell?

GreenLiquid: I am proud to crown draygn_mage (Tuff/Serial Killer) the sole winner of Kirby Mafia!
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:02 am

Post by Phoebus »

But I don't wanna! :(

Both times it was actually clear (well, maybe not in my post) who it was aimed at.
What's your problem?

Undies in a bunch?

[/spam]
Sorry - I'm bored.
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:09 am

Post by Fishbulb »

draygn_mage wrote:Here's an idea. Stop using the word "you". actually type the name of the person or people you are talking to. Example-

@Fishbulb- do you think this will cut back on confusion?
There we go. Perfect example of what I was saying. Someone who is obviously paying attention and here to post, but isn't actually contributing
anything
worthwhile. Basically, he's scared to commit either way to the discussion until it is more solid as scum generally don't like to push for a lynch because if it fails it gets turned against them.
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:13 am

Post by Fishbulb »

draygn_mage wrote:@Fishbulb- do you think this will cut back on confusion?
Oh, and actually, no that wasn't the problem. I think we all were fine with that part. The confusion was Mr Stoofer completely misunderstanding my post which started the discussion, which didn't have anything to do with using "you."
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:44 am

Post by Fritzler »

Hmm, CA, you're one from lynch, and I like lynching people, and I'm not voting yet, so..... :roll: you mihgt want to claim soon.
PS:
unvote
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:40 am

Post by Commodore Amazing »

CoolBot wrote:The reason CA's post is so scummy is it's the sort of post someone with knowledge about the kill would post. Why even bring up the possiblity of a vig, unless he wants the town to begin considering it? He's either trying to hide his connection to Coron's death under the cover of a vig, or trying to indicate he's a vig. Vig's don't usually go around announcing themselves, so I think it's the former.
Well, you're wrong here, since I wasn't trying to indicate I was a vig, and I didn't kill Coron otherwise. So there must be a third option in there. I wasn't even calling for a vig to come out. I could understand if I had said something like, "Hey, any vig want to claim responsibility for killing Coron?"

As far as why I didn't say why I voted for Phoebus, I suppose I could have just said, "I'm with Stoofer." I think the amount of suspicion Phoebus threw on me was uncalled for. I didn't think Kerplunk had any reason to call me out, but Phoebus seemed pretty eager to hop on that bandwagon. Now, I'm pretty sure someone on my bandwagon has to be scum since they're all after me for the same bad reason.
unvote: Phoebus
, since the ones who have joined on my wagon later are just as guilty if not moreso.

@Fritzler - I hate claiming day one, for the record. I'm Giacomo Albero, a gardener. As far as helpful night actions, I'm sure you could do much worse than lynching me. Though I'd take a good look at the people on my bandwagon. I don't really have any good guess as to which person on my bandwagon is scummiest, since they all seem to have weak reasons for voting for me. If you're going to lynch me, at least don't blow off the first day tomorrow just because it was "day one, and day one is always hard."

I understand that day ones often suck, and that you don't have much to work on besides intuition, but people haven't been saying "intuition" against me. They've been giving crap reasons, to justify why they would have thought I was scum when I turn up pro-town tomorrow.

Going to do another post in a bit to answer PolarBoy's and olio's request...
"So it's time to take some action, boys. It's time to follow me." - Gaston, the Mob Song
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:53 am

Polarboy wrote:Then you inplied that people were voting at you because they thought that the night 1 kill was at least in part caused by a vig.
Okay, I'm going to need you or olio to show me where you did this?

draygn_mage, why are you still voting for me?
"So it's time to take some action, boys. It's time to follow me." - Gaston, the Mob Song
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:34 pm

Post by Fritzler »

Commodore Amazing wrote:@Fritzler - I hate claiming day one, for the record. I'm Giacomo Albero, a gardener. As far as helpful night actions, I'm sure you could do much worse than lynching me. Though I'd take a good look at the people on my bandwagon. I don't really have any good guess as to which person on my bandwagon is scummiest, since they all seem to have weak reasons for voting for me. If you're going to lynch me, at least don't blow off the first day tomorrow just because it was "day one, and day one is always hard."
Are you claiming vanilla townie?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:50 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Why are we rushing a lynch based on so little at this point, this early in the game? Don't get me wrong, he's just as likely as anyone else to be scum, but this whole "let's just lynch someone because day 1 never goes anywhere anyway" is just throwing away an entire day for no good reason. If anyone pulls the lever here, this early, on page 4 of the game without any real useful discussion at all for the town having happened on day one, and CA then turns out to be a townie, I will be very unhappy with them.

If we have a more discussion, look in some other directions, and no better target appears, we can lynch CA eventually, but right now I don't think this kind of rush towards a lynch is helpful for the town's chances.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:30 pm

Fritzler wrote:
Commodore Amazing wrote:@Fritzler - I hate claiming day one, for the record. I'm Giacomo Albero, a gardener. As far as helpful night actions, I'm sure you could do much worse than lynching me. Though I'd take a good look at the people on my bandwagon. I don't really have any good guess as to which person on my bandwagon is scummiest, since they all seem to have weak reasons for voting for me. If you're going to lynch me, at least don't blow off the first day tomorrow just because it was "day one, and day one is always hard."
Are you claiming vanilla townie?
I don't see any reason to give out anything more specific about my role, or my role PM. I'm going to wait for someone else to ask if they want to hear something more specific about my role before I go any further. I think I've said enough for you to make a decision on if you want to lynch me based on my claim.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:33 pm

Post by Fritzler »

Well, I just have one question, do you have a night choice? Any kind at all?
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:58 pm

I do not have a night choice. I believe I understand why you are asking.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:28 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

My thoughts:

. I'm losing enthusiasm for my vote on Phoebus because he is at least contributing; unlike several lurkers.
Unvote Phoebus
but IGMEOY

. Having said that, Phoebus could you explain this:
Phoebus wrote:The even bigger assumption is that there is at all a vig. Since no vig would announce themselves day one, this could loosely fit the criteria for fishing. Anyone vehemently denying/opposing a vig kill becomes suspect for scum.
Who (if anyone) has "assumed that there is a vig" or "vehemently denyied/opposed a vig kill"?

. Olio has only posted once and did little except associate himself with the growing CA bandwagon,
without giving reasons
. I think the CA bandwagon is weak and so I find this sort of behaviour suspicious.
Vote Olio

. Dragyn_mage is exhibiting classic lurking behavious as has been pointed out.
FOS dragyn_mage
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:45 pm

Post by Phoebus »

Mr Stoofer wrote:
. Having said that, Phoebus could you explain this:
Phoebus wrote:The even bigger assumption is that there is at all a vig. Since no vig would announce themselves day one, this could loosely fit the criteria for fishing. Anyone vehemently denying/opposing a vig kill becomes suspect for scum.
Who (if anyone) has "assumed that there is a vig" or "vehemently denyied/opposed a vig kill"?
I meant -

Saying that 'surely a vig did not kill Coron' (loosely paraphrased) is an assumption that there is a vig in the setup. Even more so, when followed by 'no vig would announce themselves'.
As I see it - Scum might say something like that I indicated above.
A vig is dangerous to scum. Upon seeing a statement like that, an actual vig, if in the setup might be tempted to deny/oppose the likelihood of a vig (from their point of view, being themselves) killing night one.
Perceptive scum might pick up on this denial which could be a vig tell.
Therefore, this is fishing.

kk?
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:01 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

To Phoebus: I understand what you say. But I don't see anything in CA's posting which assumes that there is a vig. Saying that a vig did not kill Coron does not assume that there is a viog. It is neutral.

So you interpreting CA as though he did make such an assumption makes me suspicious of you.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:26 am

Post by Fritzler »

Commodore Amazing wrote:I do not have a night choice. I believe I understand why you are asking.
Hmmm, lies,
vote: commodore amazing
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:41 am

Post by Phoebus »

Give me a break stoofer.
Speculating about a vig outright killing (or rather, not killing) is neutral?

A neutral comment in this case would've been no comment at all.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:20 am

I need a vote count.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:23 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

I think you are dead Commodore. If there is anything you can say that will help the town please say it. If you are scum, please die like the dog that you are.
Commodore Amazing
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Commodore Amazing
Out-booyahed
Out-booyahed

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:45 am

I'm dead. :( Sorry, team.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:45 am

Post by Fritzler »

Bye buddy.
draygn_mage
draygn_mage
Mafia Scum
draygn_mage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:28 am

Post by draygn_mage »

what the hell just happened? I finally get a chance to log in and read the thread and we lynched someone? btw, I wasn't lurking, I haven't been on the site for a couple of days.
Disciple of AniX- Who needs scumdar when you play by smell?

GreenLiquid: I am proud to crown draygn_mage (Tuff/Serial Killer) the sole winner of Kirby Mafia!
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:05 pm

Post by Phoebus »

I don't think anyone noticed or even accused of lurking. :|

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”