Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:30 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Wow. I can't believe this is finally over.

I admit it didn't even enter our (European Barbs)' brain that there might be two barbarian teams. Do you know why were were only seeing one kill a night at first, Thesp?

Surely we didn't double-kill twice...argh. I am glad our sacrificial play kept d_rouge alive for so long, did anyone even really bother investigating him? I think VisMaior and I agreed after he got lynched that if d_rouge could last one more day against such odds, we'd consider it a moral victory....

What an...
odd
setup.
Retired as of October 2014.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:44 pm

Post by VisMaior »

A bit tilted to the towns favor I think, but d_rouge could have won it were inhim not lynched. I feel we did better than average :)
"logic is in the eye of the beholder" -LyingBrian in Eyewitness 1
"correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the CHANCE of something happening always 50% (either it will or it won't)?" -LyingBrian in BJs Wild West mafia
d_rouge
d_rouge
Goon
d_rouge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:17 am

Post by d_rouge »

VisMaior wrote:A bit tilted to the towns favor I think, but d_rouge could have won it were inhim not lynched. I feel we did better than average :)
Maybe I could have won it if Inhim wasn't the civ I claimed, but I couldn't win against a roleblocker who knew that I was scum.

Anyway, props to you for the idea of faking the result on Mr Flay.
World Champions!!!
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:04 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Eh...it didn't really mater, rouge. With the setup as it was, there was almost no chance for a scum to win a 1 scum-1 townie endgame. I was actually hoping for a scum-scum-townie endgame, where we could have at least gotten a draw.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
I puzzle myself sometimes
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:11 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

o we won. thats cool
Show
http://kysurvivorfreak.blogspot.com/

raj's to do list:
Zulu Mafia : TBA
No Night Mafia : TBA
Epic Mafia : TBA

Record: 22-33-2
2005: 10-13-2
2006: 5-10
2007: 1-2
2008: 2-4
2009: 3-0
2010: 2-4
2011-2017: retired
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:42 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Yosarian2 wrote:Eh...it didn't really mater, rouge. With the setup as it was, there was almost no chance for a scum to win a 1 scum-1 townie endgame. I was actually hoping for a scum-scum-townie endgame, where we could have at least gotten a draw.
In case pro-town players aren't sure what he's talking about here, scum actually got NO ability to build/advance on their own. I think maybe we could capture advances (and maybe units?) from civs we NKed, but I didn't live long enough to see that happen.

We also got blindsided by having to guess what the mechanics were for townies, but you probably guessed that already. Here's what my PM said:
SinisterOverlord wrote:You are
Godigisel, of the Vandals

With the rise of the civilized nations, you have formed a pact with Attilla, of the Huns (VisMaior) and Theodoric, of the Goths (d_rouge), to work together to destroy them. Unlike the other nations, you have no cities and thus cannot produce units or advance your technology normally. Instead, you can talk as you will with your allies at night, and then one of you can target a player. There will be a massive barbarian uprising next to their territory, and masses of units will assault their cities until they are destroyed.

You win when all the civilized nations have been destroyed. Please confirm via PM.
Retired as of October 2014.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:52 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

We could not get advances or units or anything. We had to go by what town players were saying.

When I fake claimed Koreans, Astronaut asked me what I could build now that I was medieval. I had no idea, so I said I hadn't been told yet. My plan was to weasel out of having to give a list by saying (the next day) that I built my unique unit.

When the mod seemed to back up inHim's story that he had never indicated whether he bombarded targets' cities vs. units, and also suggested that this distinction might not be necessary, I wrote to complain, because I was pretty sure Akonas would unvote inHim after that. And that game night (the one where I died) Thesp sent me the unit/tech list.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:26 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

Huge kudos for Thesp for filling in like that. Glad the game got finished. Well down town.

I was expecting the seized gold to have something to do with barbarian improvement, instead of being so underpowered. Ironically the no-lynch plan would have worked better than even I thought it would.

Sorry, Thok, about Day 1. I guess playing in a game where both of us are innocent was too unusual. My bad also to HezL- I’m not entirely sure what I did wrong but honestly I don’t remember the details well enough to want to rehash it.
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2006 10:09 pm

Post by Seol »

Last post.
[i]The hungry maw of Twilight snaps, but shall not have its fill,
Until one man hangs by his neck, by half this curs'd town's will[/i]

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”