N_lich
N_lich
Goon
N_lich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:27 pm

Post by N_lich »

Bamboomancer wrote:First of all there are TWO votes. This is not A) A bandwagon or B) A Rush. It is my experience, and I believe Thesp will back me up on this, that people who say "Oh no, X happened :(" or "At least X didn't happen!" and don't even bother with a random vote are giving us a scum tell.

And no, FOS'ing the person that you CLAIM to be watching us "steamroll" doesn't help anything at all.
Can I ask why does the absence of a random vote matter?

@ vIQleS: Why are you Fos'sing me if you don't see why? If you think I've done something, sure, but Fos'sing me because some people have voted me strikes me as artificially trying to keep in with the mainstream of the town.
N_lich
N_lich
Goon
N_lich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:33 pm

Post by N_lich »

Bamboomancer wrote:First of all there are TWO votes. This is not A) A bandwagon or B) A Rush. It is my experience, and I believe Thesp will back me up on this, that people who say "Oh no, X happened :(" or "At least X didn't happen!" and don't even bother with a random vote are giving us a scum tell.

And no, FOS'ing the person that you CLAIM to be watching us "steamroll" doesn't help anything at all.
Can I ask why does the absence of a random vote matter?

@ vIQleS: Why are you Fos'sing me if you don't see why? If you think I've done something, sure, but Fos'sing me because some people have voted me strikes me as artificially trying to keep in with the mainstream of the town.
Bamboomancer
Bamboomancer
Goon
Bamboomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:07 pm

Post by Bamboomancer »

You can, but I can't give you an answer other than what I've already said. It's a common scum tell.
Show
SIG TIME.

Okay, it's not BABOOM. It's not BAMBOOM.
It's Bamboomancer: like necromancer, but with bamboo instead of necro.

So to recap:
I am not a Baboom. I am some sort of bamboo magic man.
Vyolynce
Vyolynce
Goon
Vyolynce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:52 am

Post by Vyolynce »

Thesp wrote:
Vyolynce wrote:I just like everyone to check in before I change my initial vote. Personal play style, no real reason.
But to get you committed to something, you are liking a vote on N_lich right now?
It certainly looks like it has more merit than most Day One wagons I've seen, yes.
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded. -- Terry Pratchett, [u]Lords and Ladies[/u]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:54 pm

Post by vIQleS »

I'm wanting to hear from him as well, so a FOS might wake him up.

There are three votes - as I understand the conventions, that is a bandwagon.

I'm not opposed to bandwagoning or lynching anyone, nor a role claim (eventually), but I just didn't want to get too close to a lynch before he's even noticed that he's in the spotlight.

As far as i'm concerned 4 is too close. even if it is bad tactics for the mafia (and statisticly unlikely) it is technically posible for them to lynch someone who has 4 votes...

Why are you so keen?
Show
[size=75]
[b]Edith:[/b] You could respect my faith, that's all I'm asking...

[b]Cassanova:[/b] I'd rather challange it to the bone!

[color=red](Click [url=http://viqles.myminicity.com/]here[/url] to save the dying orphans...)[/color]
[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:59 pm

Post by vIQleS »

And there's a page two that i hadn't noticed...

Sorry - quote for the previous post:

Show
[size=75]

[color=red](Click [url=http://viqles.myminicity.com/]here[/url] to save the dying orphans...)[/color]
[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:08 pm

Post by vIQleS »

N_lich wrote:vIQleS: Why are you Fos'sing me if you don't see why? If you think I've done something, sure, but Fos'sing me because some people have voted me strikes me as artificially trying to keep in with the mainstream of the town.
I can see why they are voting you, I'm just not sure that it warranted a bandwagon on the first page. Especially since you hadn't said anything for a few days...

It's not particularly interesting that no one died... It just means that we have a Doctor or Roleblocker... Which is 'good', not 'interesting'...
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
FalloutGirl
FalloutGirl
Townie
FalloutGirl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:16 pm

Post by FalloutGirl »

I find it extremely lucky, that no one died. N_lich seems very defensive...
Turn off the lights, and turn off the shyness. Cause all of our moves make up for the silence. And oh the way your makeup stains my pillow case, like i'll never be the same...
Tyfo
Tyfo
Goon
Tyfo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:41 pm

Post by Tyfo »

FalloutGirl wrote:I find it extremely lucky, that no one died. N_lich seems very defensive...
Agree. (Just for a second opinion, I have class and can not post much more).
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:26 am

Post by Thesp »

vIQleS wrote:I'll provide a FOS:N_lich if that'll help anything, but I think we should hear something from him before we put any more votes on.
Why would that help anything, especially if you're uncertain of suspicion?
FOS: vIQleS
Bamboomancer wrote:It is my experience, and I believe Thesp will back me up on this, that people who say "Oh no, X happened " or "At least X didn't happen!" and don't even bother with a random vote are giving us a scum tell.
I do concur.
vIQleS wrote:I'm wanting to hear from him as well, so a FOS might wake him up.
Umm...okay.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:13 pm

Post by Thesp »

Alright, everyone, please vote for N-lich to kill him. Also, mod, can we have a prod on Nox? Thank you.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:13 pm

Post by Thesp »

My apologies, that should be "N_lich".
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:23 pm

Post by armlx »

Vote Count

Bethelmark- 2 (TINM, Vyolence)
Beaker- 1 (FOG)
Vyolence- 1 (Bethelmark)
TINM- 1 (TonyMontana)
TonyMontana- 1 (vIQleS)
FOG- 1 (Beaker)
N_lich- 3 (Bamboomancer, Thesp, TonyMontana)
Thesp- 1 (Tyfo)

Not Voting: Nox

Will prod Nox soonish (maybe).
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:59 pm

Post by vIQleS »

Thesp wrote:Alright, everyone, please vote for N-lich to kill him. Also, mod, can we have a prod on Nox? Thank you.
I'm sorry where did this come from? Do you know something? If you do I think we'd all like to hear it. Before we lynch someone based on very little evidence and with no role claim to help us decide...

vote: thesp
until he explains this post
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:08 pm

Post by Thesp »

vIQleS wrote:
Thesp wrote:Alright, everyone, please vote for N-lich to kill him. Also, mod, can we have a prod on Nox? Thank you.
I'm sorry where did this come from? Do you know something? If you do I think we'd all like to hear it. Before we lynch someone based on very little evidence and with no role claim to help us decide...

vote: thesp until he explains this post
Thank you for your contribution. We will trace your actions a bit later, especially the cop baiting bit. I will ignore your request to reveal whether or not I have an investigation.

Also, role claims are not defenses. Why are you sointerested in people's roles?

If our mod won't prod Nox, we could lynch her instead, but I think prod/replacement is more helpful.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:10 pm

Post by armlx »

Prod going to Nox. I was just waiting to see if Zodiac Mafia went back up....
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:24 pm

Post by vIQleS »

Thesp wrote:Thank you for your contribution. We will trace your actions a bit later, especially the cop baiting bit. I will ignore your request to reveal whether or not I have an investigation.

Also, role claims are not defenses. Why are you sointerested in people's roles?
Don't give me that crap. You just ordered everyone to lynch N_lich. Why are you so unwilling to justify your post.
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
This is not me
This is not me
Goon
This is not me
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:16 pm

Post by This is not me »

so nox will be replaced?
The music freak :P
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:36 pm

Post by armlx »

I will give Nox the benefit of the doubt here. Thanksgiving time in USA (if Nox is USAian) means posting disruptions.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:05 am

Post by Thesp »

vIQleS wrote:Don't give me that crap. You just ordered everyone to lynch N_lich. Why are you so unwilling to justify your post.
So are you affirming your request to see whether or not I have an information role? Just checking.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:39 am

Post by vIQleS »

I'm not going to vote anyone just because you say to. Unless you claim to have some information. In which case we can check by lynching, if you're lying we lynch you. It's very simple

I don't know what you expected to happen when you said "I order everyone to kill N_lich", if anyone did it would be because they believe you have info. In which case you die tomorrow anyway (if he's innocent).
If you're not scum, then regardless of whether you are a cop or not you are dead tonight, because the scum are going to assume the same thing.

The only way this works out is if you are not a cop, in which case we're lynching at random, or based on your vague hunch.
Thesp wrote:So are you affirming your request to see whether or not I have an information role? Just checking.
Fankly if you have nothing to add I'd rather not hear anything else from you. I would like to hear from everyone else. So far this game we've heard from about 5 people... I'm going to shut up as well, until we get some more discussion...
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
FalloutGirl
FalloutGirl
Townie
FalloutGirl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:51 pm

Post by FalloutGirl »

I am going to
unvote
and
vote Thesp
for wanting to kill N_lich without any explaination. Unless you are some king and you have to talk like that, then i would like to hear an excuse for what you may call a slip up.

If thesp still won't talk, i say start a bandwagon and have some fun.
Turn off the lights, and turn off the shyness. Cause all of our moves make up for the silence. And oh the way your makeup stains my pillow case, like i'll never be the same...
Bamboomancer
Bamboomancer
Goon
Bamboomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:25 am

Post by Bamboomancer »

Wrong, there WAS an explanation, and it's the SAME one I have.

Either read all the posts or don't vote.

Thesp is definately in the right here, and there's no reason to be asking him additional questions over and over again, that's called "fishing" and I think he was right to FoS there.
Show
SIG TIME.

Okay, it's not BABOOM. It's not BAMBOOM.
It's Bamboomancer: like necromancer, but with bamboo instead of necro.

So to recap:
I am not a Baboom. I am some sort of bamboo magic man.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:30 am

Post by Thesp »

vIQleS wrote:I don't know what you expected to happen when you said "I order everyone to kill N_lich", if anyone did it would be because they believe you have info. In which case you die tomorrow anyway (if he's innocent).
If you're not scum, then regardless of whether you are a cop or not you are dead tonight, because the scum are going to assume the same thing.
You're setting up a lot of unnecessary false circumstances.
vIQleS wrote:The only way this works out is if you are not a cop, in which case we're lynching at random, or based on your vague hunch.
Why would that be random?
vIQleS wrote:
Thesp wrote:So are you affirming your request to see whether or not I have an information role? Just checking.
Fankly if you have nothing to add I'd rather not hear anything else from you. I would like to hear from everyone else. So far this game we've heard from about 5 people... I'm going to shut up as well, until we get some more discussion...
Ah, but I think I do have information to add. In fact, I think we've gotten loads of information from you, and we're starting to get some information from others because they are slowly beginning to talk. I'm sorry you think my contribution is not worthwhile, but I suspect that you may feel that because I'm suspecting you of being scum.
FalloutGirl wrote:then i would like to hear an excuse for what you may call a slip up.

If thesp still won't talk, i say start a bandwagon and have some fun.
Why is it a slip up? Please show me. This is what's called "question begging" (or "false assumption"), where you assume the truth of a proposition within your proposition. This would fit the definition of CrapLogic.

Interestingly, N_lich is the one not talking, not I.
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:40 pm

Post by vIQleS »

Thesp wrote:
vIQleS wrote:I don't know what you expected to happen when you said "I order everyone to kill N_lich", if anyone did it would be because they believe you have info. In which case you die tomorrow anyway (if he's innocent).
You're setting up a lot of unnecessary false circumstances.
No - it's called theorising, examining possible outcomes. Your mislabelling things isn't going to convince people that I'm scum, if that's what you're trying do
Thesp wrote:
vIQleS wrote:The only way this works out is if you are not a cop, in which case we're lynching at
random, or based on your vague hunch.
Why would that be random?
Deliberately misinterpreting? Sounds Scummy to me.

In the absense of anyone else playing this game, I think that you should start a claim. Are you a cop or not.

We also need to hear from N_lich, just because we're not talking about you doesn't mean you're off the hook.

Where is everyone.
Show
[size=75]

[/size]

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”