TT; Book 1: Bible Verse Mafia - Game over!

VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:18 am

Post by VisMaior »

:goodposting:

unvote Coron
as the bandwagon derailed anyway.
"logic is in the eye of the beholder" -LyingBrian in Eyewitness 1
"correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the CHANCE of something happening always 50% (either it will or it won't)?" -LyingBrian in BJs Wild West mafia
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:23 am

Post by Coron »

Goodposting refering to my post? if so, why aren't you voting roadbird yet?
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:25 am

Post by VisMaior »

Cos im doing a reread on the guy first.
"correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the CHANCE of something happening always 50% (either it will or it won't)?" -LyingBrian in BJs Wild West mafia
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:26 am

Post by Fritzler »

unvote, vote: vismaior
Surfs up dude.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:26 am

Post by VisMaior »

Well, not much to reread, actually...
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:28 am

Post by VisMaior »

My problem is that Coron has as much nonissueposts as roadbird.
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:45 am

Post by Cadmium »

Vote count:

2 mith (LyingBrian, Mastermind of Sin)
1 armlx (Tyfo)
1 Mastermind of Sin (inHimshallibe)
2 Flying Dutchman (Commodore Amazing, PeaceBringer)
2 Coron (armlx, PookyTheMagicalBear)
4 VisMaior (Kerplunk, VitaminR, RoadBird, Fritzler)

1 Iammars (Flying Dutchman)
1 RoadBird (Coron)

1 no lynch (EnderX)

not voting (4): Fuldu, Iammars, mith, VisMaior

10 to lynch.
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:49 pm

Post by Coron »

VisMaior wrote:My problem is that Coron has as much nonissueposts as roadbird.
and infinity times as many issue posts.
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:43 pm

Post by VisMaior »

that does not say a lot. He has 0.
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:13 pm

Post by Kerplunk »

VisMaior wrote:My problem is that Coron has as much nonissueposts as roadbird.
So, you would like to vote for Roadbird but since you already voted Coron you can't vote for Roadbird because Coron has made as much sense as Roadbird this game.

:roll:
Has your mafiagame lasted for only a few days or maybe it dragged on and on and on? Check the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Records]Records page[/url] on the wiki to see if it is a record!
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:24 am

Post by Coron »

VisMaior wrote:that does not say a lot. He has 0.
0/x and number z/y z>0 y>x which one is larger?

I think the one that is greater is the one that is not zero. k, thnx, vote roadbird.
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:59 am

Post by RoadBird »

*scratches the back of his head*

right......
"Roadbird you suck! You kill little kittens for fun! Die you evil Mafia scum, I'm attacking you! Run in fear!" -- Quercitron in Focused Mafia
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:23 am

Post by RoadBird »

And after night 1 God......euh......Mod decided to list a group of players. And he made the players clickable to see their posts. And Vismaior says:
Actually I have three issueposts. The first was #59. Ok it's only half an issue post. Only because Flying Dutchman didn't answer my question and I didn't make a scene about it, doesn't make it a nonissue post. And since when are votes nonissue? If voting is nonissue then lynching someone is too.
Flying Dutchman wrote:Dude, you should only be bolding stuff that is meant for the mod or really important and short (Like a FOS). Stop being silly and confusing to the mod and us like this.....
Coron why are you confusing our Mod? ;) But beside that, you tried to push people into voting for me twice now. I like persistency in people but you make it sound completely logical that I am scum (although I still don't understand how a bibleverse can be scum). Why the eagerness all of a sudden?

Anyway, I will follow any bandwagon on day one. I've been playing that way for years now and I might have missed something in the past year of not playing but I haven't seen better tactics. So Coron lets make a deal. But Coron you seem to like Mastermind of Sin's idea better
Mastermind of Sin wrote:why not just not vote at all yet???
Yes lets all sit back and wait for a few months until Iammars gets bored and starts writing his 25-50 words mith ordered him to. Then we can all vote him for posting. Or better yet. Lets all vote no lynch. Well Coron your mathematical formulas seem to work. Tell me how much would scum gain from that?

Ow and don't forget to answer the question "Why the eagerness all of a sudden?"
"Roadbird you suck! You kill little kittens for fun! Die you evil Mafia scum, I'm attacking you! Run in fear!" -- Quercitron in Focused Mafia
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:17 am

Post by Coron »

RoadBird wrote:And after night 1 God......euh......Mod decided to list a group of players. And he made the players clickable to see their posts. And Vismaior says:
Actually I have three issueposts. The first was #59. Ok it's only half an issue post. Only because Flying Dutchman didn't answer my question and I didn't make a scene about it, doesn't make it a nonissue post. And since when are votes nonissue? If voting is nonissue then lynching someone is too.
I'll give you #59 and this post as issue posts I suppose. Votes are not issue as long as there is no reasoning or feeling of strong suspicion behind them, being a blind follower is an issue, but only in that it makes you useless/scummy. Both your votes were followed by little actual backing or content and both were blindly following a bandwagon- perhaps attempting to be a faceless part of the mass.
RoadBird wrote:But beside that, you tried to push people into voting for me twice now. I like persistency in people but you make it sound completely logical that I am scum (although I still don't understand how a bibleverse can be scum).
Hell if I know who the scum is, for all I know it's like Koran verses or something *shrug* all I know is my role as protown and that of the dead. SOMEONE has to be scum, am I correct? It is completely logical that you're scum, you're current play fits in perfectly with what I think of as scum doing.
RoadBird wrote:Why the eagerness all of a sudden?
I saw something scummy out of you multiple times in your few posts.
RoadBird wrote:Anyway, I will follow any bandwagon on day one. I've been playing that way for years now and I might have missed something in the past year of not playing but I haven't seen better tactics.
if you truely believe this then you are the devil and must be purged, day one(or any day) is not about blindly following people who have not brought up very serious points(like someone isn't modkilled and didn't follow their claimed restrictions, or a cop with a guilty result). Day 1 is about looking at how people post and then based on these you predict who is likely to be scum.
RoadBird wrote:Yes lets all sit back and wait for a few months until Iammars gets bored and starts writing his 25-50 words mith ordered him to. Then we can all vote him for posting. Or better yet. Lets all vote no lynch. Well Coron your mathematical formulas seem to work. Tell me how much would scum gain from that?
a lot, but I don't see where the fuck this came from.
RoadBird wrote:Ow and don't forget to answer the question "Why the eagerness all of a sudden?"
done.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:34 pm

Post by mith »

Yikes, it's been a while, I'd forgotten how incoherent Roadbird is...
Coron wrote:it has yet to be explained to me why I should make the world read 25 extra useless words, besides it appears to have found me a scum.
I believe I already did explain why I asked you to do this. I did it to get you to talk, or at least to judge your reaction. It should be obvious why I want you to talk; look at your first two posts (a total of three words). I get a much better read on people when they're talking (and even better when they're arguing with me).

I've tried this little game before, though on that occasion I did it not to get people to talk, but to get a statement from players I know and can read reasonably well. A little answer to an admittedly somewhat silly question provides a great reference for later in the game. And, of course, the discussion thrives and bandwagons are born. Look how many people gave some sort of response here.

What I find interesting about your choice of response is not that you questioned and refused, but that that's all you did for the first few posts. Now, you're suddenly making longish posts. So was this legitimately not having anything to contribute, or were you lurking until you saw something to jump on?

I don't understand your initial jump on Roadbird at all. He is certainly not the only person to bandwagon jump.

(I don't understand why VisMaior chimed in with the nonissuepost thing, for that matter.)

All that said, I'm glad you got Roadbird posting, he makes less sense than you.
Roadbird wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:why not just not vote at all yet???
Yes lets all sit back and wait for a few months until Iammars gets bored and starts writing his 25-50 words mith ordered him to. Then we can all vote him for posting. Or better yet. Lets all vote no lynch. Well Coron your mathematical formulas seem to work. Tell me how much would scum gain from that?
Warning: Using the user filter without looking at the context may cause mith to make fun of you, Crap Logic (tm), upset stomach, foot-in-mouth, and diarrhea.

Context:
EnderX wrote:Placeholder Vote: No Lynch

I'm present, I'm not seeing anyone acting excessively suspicious, (except maybe Mith's 'teacher'-mode with the essays...?) and I'm hoping not to get slammed down for lurking. My vote is only a temporary until someone either acts suspicious enough to earn it, or someone makes a good case for why I should vote for another particular individual. I'm not advocating a no-lynch, just keeping my vote from accidentally killing someone should the day move quickly.
Roadbird wrote:Anyway, I will follow any bandwagon on day one. I've been playing that way for years now and I might have missed something in the past year of not playing but I haven't seen better tactics.
Might I suggest that you haven't seen better tactics because you have been too busy not paying attention to the game during day 1?

(And from the one game I remember playing with you in, you'll follow any bandwagon on day X and throw the game away because it's lynch or lose. The play style you are advocating is harmful to the town, and I am quite happy to lynch you just for that if I don't form any strong suspicions as we near the day's end. But I probably will, because I get involved instead of mindlessly bandwagoning hopping.)
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:19 pm

Post by Coron »

mith wrote:
Coron wrote:it has yet to be explained to me why I should make the world read 25 extra useless words, besides it appears to have found me a scum.
I believe I already did explain why I asked you to do this. I did it to get you to talk, or at least to judge your reaction. It should be obvious why I want you to talk; look at your first two posts (a total of three words).
basically to spite you.
mith wrote:I get a much better read on people when they're talking (and even better when they're arguing with me).
I've tried this little game before, though on that occasion I did it not to get people to talk, but to get a statement from players I know and can read reasonably well. A little answer to an admittedly somewhat silly question provides a great reference for later in the game. And, of course, the discussion thrives and bandwagons are born. Look how many people gave some sort of response here.
*nod*

mith wrote:What I find interesting about your choice of response is not that you questioned and refused, but that that's all you did for the first few posts. Now, you're suddenly making longish posts. So was this legitimately not having anything to contribute, or were you lurking until you saw something to jump on?
1) stopped being spiteful 2) I do this when I get involved in a game, there are many examples, and I'd think you'd prefer it to me lurking(though maybe not since I tend to get lynched when I actually like... post stuff).
mith wrote:I don't understand your initial jump on Roadbird at all. He is certainly not the only person to bandwagon jump.
he's the person I noticed.
Tyfo
Tyfo
Goon
Tyfo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:51 pm

Post by Tyfo »

Just stopping by to
unvote
my random vote, and saying that I will read the pages when I get the time for it, :)
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:03 am

Post by Flying Dutchman »

Unvote: Iammars
, since my reason for voting him has nothing to do with in-game stuff.

I think RoadBird has been pressured enough now....He may not make much sense, but I don't believe him to be scum.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat Dec 24, 2005 5:35 am

Post by mith »

Coron wrote:and I'd think you'd prefer it to me lurking
Read my question again. I was asking why you weren't posting like this in the first place, not why you were posting content now. Obviously I prefer you posting to not posting.
he's the person I noticed.
...ok, but that doesn't justify the "case closed" attitude of your "still need more reason?" comment. Is there more reason?

I'm leaning toward a VisMaior vote at the moment, but I'd like to hear from MoS and Roadbird again first.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:00 am

Post by Coron »

Coron wrote:
mith wrote:
I believe I already did explain why I asked you to do this. I did it to get you to talk, or at least to judge your reaction. It should be obvious why I want you to talk; look at your first two posts (a total of three words).
basically to spite you.
mith wrote:What I find interesting about your choice of response is not that you questioned and refused, but that that's all you did for the first few posts. Now, you're suddenly making longish posts. So was this legitimately not having anything to contribute, or were you lurking until you saw something to jump on?
1) stopped being spiteful 2) I do this when I get involved in a game, there are many examples, and I'd think you'd prefer it to me lurking(though maybe not since I tend to get lynched when I actually like... post stuff).

as far as I can tell this should answer all your questions.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:00 am

Post by Coron »

Coron wrote:
mith wrote:
basically to spite you.
as far as I can tell this should answer all your questions.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sat Dec 24, 2005 8:11 am

Post by Fritzler »

Ok, so also I'm going to nebraska on monday, and I will have limited access till tuesday. I get back tuesday night, but leave again wednesday afternoon for no access till the 31st.
Surfs up dude.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:24 am

Post by armlx »

Unvote
for now. I'm not sure who is worse: Roadbird or Vis.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2005 6:09 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

spotty access for the new few weeks until I get off vacation...
Permanent V/LA.
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:37 pm

Post by RoadBird »

mith wrote:Yikes, it's been a while, I'd forgotten how incoherent Roadbird is...
Ouch....
mith wrote:Might I suggest that you haven't seen better tactics because you have been too busy not paying attention to the game during day 1?

(And from the one game I remember playing with you in, you'll follow any bandwagon on day X and throw the game away because it's lynch or lose. The play style you are advocating is harmful to the town, and I am quite happy to lynch you just for that if I don't form any strong suspicions as we near the day's end. But I probably will, because I get involved instead of mindlessly bandwagoning hopping.)
I don't care what your recollection of events is. You are willing to lynch me over a memory that is incorrect, but I'm not allowed to have an oppinion on day-one tactics. Well, I'm using it even if you get me lynched over and over again.
mith wrote:I'm leaning toward a VisMaior vote at the moment, but I'd like to hear from MoS and Roadbird again first.
Merry Christmas

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”