Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2004 4:31 pm

Post by Yoko Kurama »

I investigated you Talitha as you would have assumed and norinel told me you were mafia. I was actually disappointed because when I heard you were mafia for sure I figured the town was screwed. I had hard enough trouble getting phoebus lynched though I thought I should have been able to do it w/o saying I was the cop. Even with saying I was the cop they still took their time lynching him off.

It was so hard watching the game knowing that we would soon lose. :cry:
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2004 12:28 pm

Post by Yoko Kurama »

Yoko Kurama wrote:
Flying Dutchman wrote:
tehgood wrote:
However, Flying Dutchman is looking very suspicious. If 4 people got the same type of vague roles, then why wouldn't Dutchman?

tentative Vote Dutchman

tehgood
Oh yes, i have a vage role too, but that's no reason to say "I knew it wouldnt work" when someone questions your claim............
Hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's late well this is proof enough for me to have a clear conscious. Unless telling him he was a backup doc/nurse was vague I think there's a pretty good case against him. If he is the nurse :cry: my last chance to live. I shall hope I die knowing one mafia is left.....

Unvote-Phoebus

Vote-FD

Oh ya I just couldn't wait till mourning to find out!!!
Oops looks like I never unvoted talitha so my vote for FD didn't count and the game is void. See the way I see it no one wins right..... :wink:
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:02 pm

Post by Talitha »

You'll have to take me to court Yoko. I hope you've got a good lawyer. :D
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:59 am

Post by Norinel »

Night 1:

Scum pms:
Phoebus wrote:Hello there Demeech!
Looks like we are partners in crime in Mafia 73.

Any thoughts on the setup here?
From the role pm and Norinel's opening post "If evil killers don't send in night choices, they will be made randomly amongst the people who are working for them but do not know who they are", I suspect we have helpers. Now the only thing we need to decide is, since we are a team of 2 and ( I believe) there is usually a team of three Mafia in a family in minis, is there another team out there? or some anonymous individuals like the Mafia cop/caterer or the "higher authorities" are also a participating team.

Also, do you prefer PM or email for discussion?

Let me know.

Look forward to playing with you.
Phoebus.
Demeech wrote:I don't know. I want to kill tehgood or Stewie because no one is an expert here. Except maybe Steiwe. He comes up with hilarious conspiracies. Ant tehgood pisses me off. I'd like him dead. Anyway-I don't particularly care.
Phoebus wrote:Well, we don't have a kill Night1. so we should just confirm to Norinel that discussion is done.

Phoebus
Demeech wrote:No kill? Why not? And your role is superior to mine-you make the choices, you send them to the mod. So you send the pm about the whole thing.
Choices:

Mafia (Phoebus and Demeech): done with discussion
Cop (gashlycrumb): bigbenwd (Not Mafia)
Retired Cop (Darkblade): (not yet activated)
Doc (massive): Stewie
Nurse (Flying Dutchman): (not yet activated)
Outsider (Breakdown): Stewie [Informed Townie] (
There's not much floating around about him; apparently, he hasn't had much contact with anything outside the town. There are a few conversations, though, where he discusses with confidence, as if he knows something other people don't.
)

Notes: Breakdown asked if he had a role name. I answered no hastily, but later revised it (Resent the message) to whether or not he had one, his pm doesn't say. I need to think before I answer questions. Tehgood and BBW asked if they were townies.

Results: None in particular.

Day 1:

Talitha replaces Demeech and receives his role and the Night 1 discussion.

Notes: I liked massive's misinterpretation of the rules, signalling to scum that he doesn't have a role that could do anything last Night, which he does. It scared me for a moment when Phoebus mentioned he was a townie, which made me think he'd missed his ability. I definitely didn't expect a bunch of the powered roles to betray themselves by mentioning that their pm was different from the townie ones. I changed the pm format right before making the game, and didn't anticipate that it'd have an effect. I wish I could say I planned for the way it sort of hurt the town. Why didn't Primoris believe bigbenwd?

Night 2:

Scum pms:
Phoebus wrote:Hullo.
Thanks for filling in Demeech's shoes.
He seemed rather indifferent about the game and playing with you should be more fun after Mafia 69. ;)

Do you use ICQ/MSN much?
I've added you to both messengers...75428111/jovialjovian would be me.

Any thoughts on a night target?

~Phoebus~
aka Adi
Talitha wrote:Hi there! Sorry that I had to point the finger at you when I arrived in the game. It looked like you might get lynched and if so I wanted to be in on it! I'm sure you understand... and feel free to do the same to me if you need to.
Yeah I am often on ICQ/MSN (when they don't make my computer crash). What timezone are you in? Email is good for me too: (removed to prevent harvesting)

As for likely targets... I assume from our PM that there's at least one other scum out there working for us so we have to be careful... I'll have another look at the thread and give you my thoughts.
Talitha wrote:Hold on - we get to choose
who
does the kill, and well as who gets killed?
We can choose anyone from the game, and they perform the kill??
This is interesting...
Phoebus wrote:
Talitha wrote:Hold on - we get to choose
who
does the kill, and well as who gets killed?
We can choose anyone from the game, and they perform the kill??
This is interesting...
Hi!
No...I don't think that is the case.
I don't have immunity against cops or night killers and so, both of us can go kill. We need to specify whom - either you or me not just anyone in the game.

I too assume that there *might* be someone else working for us out there (like in M69 *sigh*). First thoughts go to mathcam? It need not be neessary though. Just Norinel being naughty. :P But I don't think that is the case.

As for pointing fingers...don't worry at all and I definitely won't have any hang ups about doing it to you. Infact, Demeech was being so indifferent, I might have used my vig kill on him. :P
Oh and Btw...my role can be backed up (as you may have figurd out by now)...I have one kill in the game that may be made to look like a vig did it. Now for having claimed that, if the SK does not come after me tonight (assuming there is one), things should be interesting.

~Phoebus~
Messenger discussion (Adi is Phoebus):

(Hellos, etc)
[20:04] Talitha: You mentioned mathcam in your PM.. did you mean massive?
[20:04] Adi: erk...yes. massive
[20:05] Talitha: I have my suspicions about massive too.... it's possible that he's anti-town... where he mentioned that he is not a regular townie kind of made me think he's probably our guy...
[20:08] Adi: so? Massive?
[20:09] Talitha: leave him be for a while i reckon
[20:09] Adi: Demeech's early PMs indicated a choice of eithre Stewie (as he's experienced) or tehgood (since he's annoying) Thoughts?
[20:09] Talitha: we could probably get him lynched anyway
[20:10] Talitha: tehgood is looking good for being lynched tomorrow... so leave him be too i reckon... also i reckon he probably is anti-town too... just dunno if he's on our side
[20:10] Adi: yes I know. We should not target him. I just thought of him as a possible ally. Do we want him lynched? Fishbulb in M69 would have joined us had he investigated one of us. Instead we end up killing him
[20:10] Talitha: hmmm.. maybe he's the SK?
[20:10] Adi: LOL. I interpreted my role pm then as there being multiple factions and thought you and Fish were buddies :P
[20:11] Talitha: well i'm going to look a bit strange tomorrow if i suddenly think that tehgood is not suspicious anymore
[20:11] Adi: yeah.
[20:11] Talitha: yeah that mini 69 was really wierd!... i felt really stupid after the cult won it heh
[20:12] Adi: What're your thoughts?
Massive's backing off on me could indicate usefulness. He could easily have had me lynched. Think Ben got the votes more out of annoyance than anything else
[20:12] Talitha: yes i agree
[20:12] Talitha: darkblade seems smart and pro-town
[20:12] Adi: I was being stupid with primoris. I'm friends with him elsewhere on the net :P
[20:13] Adi: hmm. yeah. although wasn't he voting for me till the end? /goes to look up.
If he was voting and we kill him, I look scummy again
[20:13] Adi: He WAS voting for me till the end
[20:14] Talitha: that's a good point... but people wont neccesarily think that you killed the person who was voting for you
[20:14] Adi: how about Breakdown? There seems to be some unwritten rule not to kill newbies or experienced ones. How about we break it and call some newbie on it?
[20:14] Talitha: that would be too obvious... ya know? but ok, i'll keep looking
[20:14] Adi: what would be too obvious? Breakdown?
[20:14] Talitha: nah you killing darkblade
[20:14] Talitha: yeah.. breakdown's not a bad option..
[20:16] Talitha: flying dutchman might be a cop/doc or something
[20:16] Adi: think gashlycrumb might go tomorrow for inactivity unless Norinel's replacing
[20:16] Talitha: ah ok
[20:17] Adi: He might be. I dunno what to think of him witht he way he used "bandwagon" for the third vote. At that point of time, I was playing like a townie ;)
Where do you get off being innocent, putting the 3/5 and calling it bandwagon to boot
[20:17] Talitha: Norinel will probably replace rather than modkill
[20:17] Adi: maybe he's our guy... :P
[20:17] Adi: hehe. since we're scum, I'd rather he get lynched for inactivity than have an alert player around
[20:18] Talitha: flying dutchman did that? sheesh.. better leave him alone then! :)
[20:18] Talitha: Stewie or Breakdown then
[20:18] Adi: btw...keep your suspicions on me floating around. the day they ask me to vig kill. cuz we will have no regular looking mafia kill, and if the doc is dead, I'm trouble :P
[20:19] Adi: hehe.
Think Stewie'll get doc protection? or you think I might? since I'm an "important asset"?
[20:19] Talitha: hmmm... no idea... it really depends who the doc is... might even be massive
[20:19] Adi: yeah
[20:20] Adi: Breakdwn you think?
And who does it?
Also how do we get tehgood (preferably) or massive lynched tomorrow?
[20:22] Talitha: Don't try too hard. tehgood will probably get himself lynched without our help unless something more suspicious comes up
[20:22] Adi: mmm.
[20:22] Talitha: I can do the kill if you like?
[20:23] Adi: OK. I dunno the rule for using the same person two nights.
[20:24] Adi: I'm going to PM Norinel about using the same assassin two nights consecutively
[20:25] Talitha: There was no kill last night, right? This started with a day?
[20:25] Talitha: I haven't seen any rule about not using the same person twice in a row
[20:27] Adi: no kill alst night. no
[20:28] Adi: I jst sent a pm asking about consecutive killings
[20:28] Adi: Hehe. This is all ofcourse provided I make it through te night ;)
[20:29] Talitha: true :)
[20:31] Adi: think we should wait for her reply and try and see when they might ask me to sue vig kill.
If she says no same killer on two nights....think they'd ask either tomorrow or Night 4?
[20:33] Talitha: Norinel is a "him" :)
[20:33] Talitha: I find it hard to say when you might be called upon... probably not tomorrow I spose
[20:34] Adi: yeah
[20:34] Adi: him?
[20:34] Adi: Erk. Now I feel really really silly
[20:35] Talitha: hehe dont worry, other people make that mistake
[20:35] Talitha: I'll leave it to you to send in the choice and decide which of us will kill
(Byes, etc)

Choices:

Mafia (Phoebus and Talitha): Send Phoebus to kill Breakdown
Cop (gashlycrumb): massive (Not Mafia)
Doc (massive): Talitha
Outsider (Breakdown): massive [Doctor] ((Even though you're dead, I'm giving you a result anyway.)

massive-
The most interesting thing you can find on him are credentials. Apparently, he'd graduated medical school and pursued a career in it.
)

Notes: BBW asked if I could edit in an "I told you so.". I declined, and he asked for a bah post, which is usually fine, so I said I'd let him when day began. Massive's choice amused me when I got it first; I figured sending Talitha to kill massive was the most likely scum move. Talitha is the person to beat for Strangest Misinterpretation, thinking that they could send anyone else in the game to perform the kill. Phoebus asked if they could send the same killer twice. I said it was okay, since it didn't really matter except for Phoebus's ability. What is it about massive that everyone (Both investigators and the mafia) suspects so much about? His non-townieness?

Results: Breakdown dies.

Day 2:

Notes: Nice "trap" of tehgood on massive's part. Pity tehgood wasn't actually antitown... :) I'm surprised nobody asked about the Outsider. Quick day.

Night 3:

Scum pms:
Talitha wrote:Hello!
I'm sorry to say that I'm not feeling very well at the moment, and my brain's not working properly... (pregnancy!) so I'll let you make the decisions for this night.
Just send me a PM about who the target is (just in case there's more than one death) and who you have sent to do the killing (tonight & last night).

Sorry I'll try and be more helpful next night.
Karen
Phoebus wrote:Hey don't worry about it!
You take care of yourself. We have a new mafia player on the way ;)
I'll keep you updated.
Adi.
Choices:

When Darkblade replied to his prod, he yeeshed about the speed of Day 2.

Yoko Kurama replaces gashlycrumb, and receives his role an investigations so far.

Mafia (Phoebus and Talitha): Send Talitha to kill Flying Dutchman
Cop (Yoko Kurama): Phoebus (Mafia)
Doc (massive): Flying Dutchman (With a note that the town's doing horribly and that he thinks Talitha is scum)

Notes: I expected the mafia wouldn't kill massive because they still thought he was on their side, as well as the whole voting carefully due to presumably being lynch-or-lose thing tomorrow. On the other hand, it looks like things'll be swinging the town's way with the successful protection and investigation. At the moment, the numbers favor a vigikill, so I thought Phoebus would offer to do so Night 4.

Results: No death.

Day 3:

Posted: Talitha, YK, Primoris, Stewie, FD, massive, Darkblade, Phoebus (Woot, that's everyone!)

Notes: (This is where my notes file exceeded the max size for SimpleText, the program I'd been using) YK's initial attack on Phoebus was sort of cute as an anything-but-copclaim attack. Phoebus's defense was bad, as massive pointed out; he should've offered to vigikill YK or massive the next night. Talitha putting on the final vote was super risky; the claim could've been proven, and now she's in a dire situation (Tee hee). Those might have been the two mistakes that lose the game for the mafia. OTOH, Primoris might get lynched Day 4, (Unless YK investigates him and survives, which is likely) and assuming no more successful doc protections, that puts her in a 4-person endgame. She knows the town still assumes three-person mafia, so maybe putting on the final vote would make her seem innocent. Writing the deathscene was a little annoying, because I wanted to mention stuff I couldn't. (Like after the first gun sentence, something about how he never admitted that it's been used) Stewie's clue is now useless, as both other schematic oddities are dead.

Night 4:

Choices:

Primoris is prodded, and responds in record time (Since he was online when I sent the message :) ).

Mafia (Talitha): massive (Noting she thinks he's a doctor- good shot)
Cop (Yoko Kurama): Primoris (Not Mafia)
Doc (massive): Yoko Kurama

Notes: I suspected Massive might be a target now that he's (Mostly, unless he gets GF suspicions) confirmed innocent and claimed nontownie. If T kills him and YK investigates Primoris, we'll be down to one mafia, the cop, one confirmed innocent, one oddball townie, and the two backup roles. Will the backups confirm each other, or will the second to claim be seen as piggybacking off the first? What will Talitha claim? I'm thinking the backup roles may have been a little too powerful in that they could beat a scum claiming cop or doc.

Results: Massive dies. FD is activated.

Day 4:

Notes: Interesting that YK chose to hold back the result, especially as he didn't with the innocent on massive. He's been acting odd today. Talitha made a sneaky move by suggesting there may be only one mafia left; that way, when/if they botch the lynch and find out it's true, she may get points for suggesting it. FD's lynch was strange, but I think he could've been a little more explicit back on Day 1. Pity Darkblade wasn't around to testify for him; this is the second lynch that could've been prevented if an inactive player were more active.

Night 5:

Choices:

Mafia (Talitha): Yoko Kurama
Cop (Yoko Kurama): Talitha (Mafia, noting that he's dead)

Notes: Looks like the clearest move for T is to kill YK, leaving Primoris (Investigated as innocent), Darkblade (Suspicious due to non-posting, but with a role that should be in the game), Talitha (The mafia, somewhat suspicious), and Stewie (slightly different townie, cleared by knowledge of vaguness). The right moves from there would be to no-lynch then kill Darkblade or Stewie. (Not that that actually happened or anything.)

Results: YK dies, Darkblade is activated.

Day 5:

Notes: Talitha is doing a good job of sowing confusion. I went "Darkblade, Darkblade, Darkblade" upon reading his post in the middle of page 11 where he assumed the scum might have weird abilities; somewhat ironic.
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:07 am

Post by Flying Dutchman »

So I survived a night kill attempt? Well, the doc wasn't doing too bad then.....
Norinel wrote: FD's lynch was strange, but I think he could've been a little more explicit back on Day 1.
Please explain this......

Interesting game, by the way.
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:44 am

Post by Yoko Kurama »

Norinel wrote:Interesting that YK chose to hold back the result, especially as he didn't with the innocent on massive. He's been acting odd today
This has a few reasons, I would have investigated Talitha the night before but I trusted darkblade more than anyone and when he gave me the suggestion I decide to do it. I wanted talitha to tell me to investigate someone else and then I would have for sure investigated her.

Why I was really acting odd though was because I was just about to say my results were Talitha-Mafia. Then I figured if I was wrong everyone would want to kill me (literally) for not letting them make their own choice and choosing it for them from my assumptions alone.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:54 am

Post by Norinel »

FD- I'm not all that sure, since that's something I'd written down while the game was in progress. I think it was something about how you'd mentioned that your pm was vague in a way that suggested that you got a vague role.

I also thought it was interesting that Phoebus was the first to explicitly mention that 3 mafia is normal for minis in the thread; I think that also happened in a previous mini I was in with not 3 mafia. Maybe it's a trend.

Do people think it would be a good idea for me to go through and edit [edit]...this post, so it doesn't end in the middle of a sentence? :D

What I meant to say there was something more like ...the front post and the deathscenes to remove the spoilers in the first post and instead have a status-to-date in the deathscenes?[/edit]
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2004 1:29 pm

Post by Talitha »

Norinel wrote:Talitha is the person to beat for Strangest Misinterpretation, thinking that they could send anyone else in the game to perform the kill.
Talitha <-- blonde

Hey you could use the idea for your theme mini Norinel! :D
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:45 pm

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza