Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:10 pm

Post by Thoth »

*Wacks people that had to look up Haradrim in the head*
*strokes blunt fork he, he*

With that out of the way, I'll start repeating and hopefully adding to what others already said. 3 killings, so probably at least 3 killing groups. They took out one scum so it's a relatively good night I think. Getting only names of the dead and no roles is not that important as we can certainly deduct alignment.
My guess for Aragorn's role would be a Vig-doc. A role that Macros has used before and fits perfectly. Legolas was probably an investigating role. I think not a straight cop (based on my previous games with Marcos), but one that gets some general info about a player and has to interpret it himself.

It certainly looks like the Haradrim killed Aragorn, unless the stone pillar was actually the trunk of an 'oliphaunt'. I think the Nazgul would make a logical Mafia group with Sauron as the GF. I've no idea who would then be the GF of the Haradrim. Maybe Shelob as I seem to recall that they thought of her as a deity. Of course there could also be orcs, trolls, Saruman so not evil character can be in the game as there are too many.
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:13 am

Post by Flying Dutchman »

Oh, and by the way:
FOS: Thoth and Tigris

Without saying why for now.
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Hell if I gnome

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:20 am

Post by Mr_Gnome_It_All »

Yeah, I'm stupid, I forgot to put the word random before my vote (It was an attempt at irony, but it failed miserably)

And Tigris, I'm hardly a youngster at 22! And are you suggesting that I should change my screen name just because you don't want to type it? To be honest, I have considered changing it, but I don't think it would be right to do so while in the middle of the game!

In any case, just so this post isn't a complete waste of space, I'll
Unvote Modargo
because the way everyone is random voting, it seems this day isn't going to get us anywhere

And Flying Dutchman can you tell us how you can confirm that?
ages
ages
Goon
ages
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:56 am

Post by ages »

yeah flying dutchmen, without saying a reason why you suspect them you look suspicous (to me at least)
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:17 am

Post by Tigris »

*waps Thoth with tail, :twisted: *

I was merely joking gia, I have no problems with anyones name here *shrug* I'm 24 (physically) going on 12 (mentally), but the reason why I said youngsters and grabbed a cane was the joined date ^_^.

That said
OMGUS FoS: FD
, the only connections I can see between Thoth and I are that we know the theme somewhat, so we knew the Haradrim were evil (of course that doesn't make us Haradrim :roll: ), and that we are making out of game comments, which make the game more enjoyable, especially at 3 am in the morning or even 12 in the afternoon after getting no sleep the previous night.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:20 am

Post by CoolBot »

Dutchman, that's a lot of infomation in one night. How are we supposed to believe you're not feeding us misinformation?
Macros
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Fear the Random Hobos

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:14 am

Post by Macros »

Vote countio:
2 Zoneace (Leonidas, Flying Dutchman)
2 Mr Gnome (Dragon Salyer, Bigben)
1 Leonidas (Talitha)
1 Flying Dutchman (Riven)
1 Werebear (modargo)
1 Riven (BananaBob)
1 Orbiting (Tigris)
1 Dragon Slayer (Pheobus)
Oh the huge manatee!!
modargo
modargo
Goon
modargo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:34 am

Post by modargo »

Flying Dutchman's post seems more pointless than suspicious to me. I just don't see how it's
meaningful
... the only reason I could see to do that would be to try and see how people responded... oh, wait. :wink:.

Oh, and someone said that Gollum might be a SK, which just seems wrong to me. Though Gollum got pretty vicious at times when trying to get the ring back, he didn't go around killing people. Who knows what Macros made Gollum (or even if he's in the game), but I know I would've made him some sacrificial pro-town role.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:57 pm

Post by Talitha »

I'll get this out of the way now... I haven't read the books so don't expect too many insights into the LOTR theme from me!

~Ducks, and waits for people to stop throwing things~

I do know enough to know we lost 2 important characters on Night 1... and I must say I'm worried by the strong possibility of 3 evil killing groups/individuals.

Thanks to Pheobus, I found your post helpful, and modargo for the encyclopaedia link.
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Hell if I gnome

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:31 pm

Post by Mr_Gnome_It_All »

I really can't think of much more to say right now!

But since I'm curious to know what Flying Dutchman is thinking, I'll try to help lay a little pressure on him to talk (The same way the fiends of Mordor made Gollum talk in
The Fellowship of the Ring
:twisted: hehehe)

Vote Flying Dutchman
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:15 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

unvote: gia
guess it was random after all. and ive got pretty much nothing on the posts thus far, so i think im gonna wait, not vote anybody for now
"Plato is a lot of fun. It comes in many colors. You can put it through the plato fun factory, and make spaghetti out of it. You shouldn't eat it, but if you do, your poop turns different colors."
-Werebear
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:16 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

Flying Dutchman wrote:
Phoebus wrote:
I wonder as to the title of this game. Is Minas Tirith the setting and should we focus on happenings around that part of the book for the most part? Or did Mac just get tired of calling it LOTR mafia...
Nope, I can confirm it is IN the city of Minas Tirith, although there are things that are done outside.
what kinds of things? or is that not allowed to be told?
"Plato is a lot of fun. It comes in many colors. You can put it through the plato fun factory, and make spaghetti out of it. You shouldn't eat it, but if you do, your poop turns different colors."
-Werebear
Riven
Riven
Goon
Riven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:20 pm

Post by Riven »

Flying Dutchman wrote:Oh, and by the way:
FOS: Thoth and Tigris

Without saying why for now.
Flying Dutchman wrote:Nope, I can confirm it is IN the city of Minas Tirith, although there are things that are done outside.
Think i'll stick with my vote on mister Flying Dutchman now, until we get some info as to why and how do you know this :)
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:55 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

flying dutchman what the hell? are you trying to get yourself lynched? cause well youre doing a job of making it look that way. and you know what i say, why mess with what someone is trying to do to himself

vote flying dutchman
Banana Bob
Banana Bob
Goon
Banana Bob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:06 pm

Post by Banana Bob »

[quote="Tigris

so we knew the Haradrim were evil (of course that doesn't make us Haradrim :roll: [/quote]

I think this looks very suspicious to me, coz he's defending against something that hasn't even being brought up. This paranoia makes it suspicious coz he could very well be a Haradrim so when he talks about them he has to reinforce the fact that he isn't by stating it in his post, even though no one suspected him in the first place

I know this is very vage but it's the only lead i can find atm

so
unvote: Riven
Vote: Tigris
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:10 pm

Post by Thoth »

I'm getting curious as well. Macros never mentioned anything about things happening outside the city. Knowing this apparently from his role (or from reading something in Macros' posts that I missed) and getting info about 2 players seems a lot to me.
I certainly won't vote him for the moment as he seems to be hinting at having a strong pro-town role. I would like to know more about the fos:Thoth & Tigris though.
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:08 am

Post by Flying Dutchman »

I have information that ZoneAce, Dragon Pheonix, Thoth and Tigris have been on the same place this night, although not necessarily on the same time. As DP was killed, I suspect one of the others of that.........
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2003 2:12 am

Post by ZONEACE »

am i the only one tha tis confused by that last thing by FD ? cause i am
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2003 2:15 am

Post by Thoth »

Well, that explains things. Your info looks reliable to me as I targeted one of these players last night.
It seems very likely that one of us 3 is scum. In my opinion Zoneace has been a lot more suspicious than Tigris sofar. I especially don't like the vote for Flying Dutchman, mainly for the reason I stated a few posts up.

vote:ZONEACE
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2003 2:28 am

Post by ZONEACE »

umm thoth the only problem is that i dont have a night ability so i couldnt have been anywhere last night
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2003 2:40 am

Post by Thoth »

Wow, thx Zoneace. That makes things a lot easier :D .

First you don't need a night ability to be in one place with others. If for instance DP targets you, Tigris targets DP and I target Tigris we will all show up in the same place.

What makes things easier though is
that I've not yet seen players without an ability
in Macros' games. Look at his other games on the site and please point me towards someone without a night ability. Of course a weak ability or a one-time ability occur regularly, but I just do not buy having no ability.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2003 2:45 am

Post by ZONEACE »

well utoh you found me out i guess we have no choice but to lynch me on the basis that i have no night ability cause well no night ability obviously equals scum so do what must be done and kill me now lets not let it drag on.

this is so asinine you tell me im scum cause i have no night ability that makes sense
modargo
modargo
Goon
modargo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2003 3:55 am

Post by modargo »

FoS Tigris, Zoneace, and Thoth. FD's information is pretty much all we have right now, so we should follow it up.

Flying Dutchman: Can you be any more specific with your information? Like, did it say they all met at the same place, or all passed through the same place, or what? I know you can't quote Macros's messages, but paraphrase as much information as you can, please. I really want to know this, because in Macros's last game, he had a system in which he plotted out the paths of people's night activites.
If it's that way again, one of the things I'm concerned about is whether DP's killer would even show up. I just checked the death scene, and he got killed by a big floating pillar, which seems magical to me. And, possibly long-distance. Then again, Zoneace
did
jump on Flying Dutchman almost immediately, even when he just FoSed the other two people he says were at the same place as DP....

Zoneace: Please at least try to type comprehensibly. It doesn't take that much effort. It also might make people more willing to listen to you, and less likely to just look at your posts and ignore them in disgust.
And since you've already roleclaimed, you should at least tell us what
the name of your role
is. Maybe it's just me, but I'm
always
suspicious of people who don't fully disclose their role when claiming under pressure.

So, after having typed that out, I realized that Zoneace really did claim to have
no night choice at all
. It hadn't hit me before, but if he had no night choice, how was he out and about doing stuff and crossing paths with people? Thoth did point out that you could be just staying home when other people target you, but... that just seems like a cop-out. See my thoughts about Marcos's map in his most recent large game above. This is why I want as much information about this from Flying Dutchman as he can give us :(.

Nevertheless,
vote: ZONEACE
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:12 am

Post by CoolBot »

After sleeping on it, I don't think FD should come out with his role. He's already painted a big target on himself, and I don't think we need to add neon arrows pointing to it.

ZONEACE, your claim contradicts an apparently info gathering role. Do you have any explanation for this?
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:34 am

Post by Phoebus »

With the recent information coming to light, I'm gonna

Unvote:DS, FoS:Zoneace

I think some explanations as to the "No night ability" yet still out and about equation are due.

~Phoebus~
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”