Orbiting
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2003 5:22 am

Post by Orbiting »

vote ZONEACE

Pending roleclaim.

[/b]
It's better to be lucky than skilled, surely. However, it's a lot easier to be skilled twice than lucky twice.
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Hell if I gnome

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2003 5:29 am

Post by Mr_Gnome_It_All »

It would seem like its time to dust off the old thinking cap! Crap, I can't find it! Too early in the morning right now!

First of all,
Unvote: Flying Dutchman
! Your now ok in my book!

So if Zoneace, Thoth, and Tigris were all in the same place as Dragon Pheonix last night, at some time or another, that means one of them had to have kiled DP? I suppose that makes sense! Thoth claims to have targeted one of the people there, Zoneace denies even doing anything, and Tigris has yet to post!

Before I make any decisions as to who I think needs to be taken down, I'm going to wait for Tigris to possibly confirm if FD's info is accurate!

Until then
FOS: All Three Of You
, so don't think I won't be watching!
ages
ages
Goon
ages
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2003 5:53 am

Post by ages »

FOS: Zoneace

I know that my role had quite a lot of detail about my character, so come on give us a name and any background that Macros gave you.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2003 5:54 am

Post by Werebear »

Maybe Zoneace is a pirate? I think every game needs a pirate. ;)

Vote: Zoneace
if you don't have an ability, you at least have a name... and if you have no ability, giving out that name shouldn't make you squirm.
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2003 7:38 am

Post by ZONEACE »

ok first off how do we know that FD didnt just pull his Information getting role out of his scummy deriere i mean hes the most suspicious ne at the time and all of a sudden he essentially claims copish/infogatherer role and throws suspicion in several different dirrections. secondly what is there to explain I have no night ability there is nothing that i do at night except sit and wait for the next day to start its really not that complicated

finally what youve all been waiting for Im EOMER im just a human warrior who is trying to do everything he can to save middle earth from the evil forces of Sauron im just your good ol happy go lucky town folk hoping not to be pillaged by the creatures of evil

are we all happy i made my claim you want anything else?
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:21 am

Post by Flying Dutchman »

Time to explain something........

I'm a gateguard, and i'm not revealing my role name yet, that can be useful later in the game.

Each night I can watch one of the seven gates, 1 being the lowest, 7 being the highest.

This makes me think there are tasks outside the city, otherwise watching gate 1 would be useless

This night, I decided to watch Gate 6, and the persons I named before went through.

By this I have solid evidence they were doing some kind of night action that night

It is also likely, but not necessary, that one of them killed DP.

Doc's, protect me

(By the way, i'm kinda new to this game, and i'm not sure i'm wise to reveal myself this early in the game, but the information was just too useful, I couldn't let it wait, I might have been killed without revealing it! If you think i should've waited, please say so, i'm still learniing :))
Riven
Riven
Goon
Riven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:29 am

Post by Riven »

UnVote: Flying Dutchman

FD: did you see Zoneace go through the gate? if not i suspect that he lives outside the city, as befits his role name.

Zoneace doenst have to go anywhere to be with those other three.. and he isnt the only one without a night ability.

Zoneace is still alive, so i suspect that DP targeted him.
Then either Tigris or Thoth (or both even) targeted DP.

Leaning more towards Tigris right now, due to the
" (of course that doesn't make us Haradrim)"
comment.

Vote Tigris
ages
ages
Goon
ages
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:31 am

Post by ages »

This is what I found about Zonaces supposed role on the encyclopedia of Arda:
The son of Éomund of Eastfold and Théodwyn, the sister of King Théoden. While still a young man of just twenty-six, Éomer the King's nephew was made Third Marshal of Riddermark, and took command of the Riders of Eastfold. The days of his youth were harsh ones for Rohan; its people were imperilled by Orcs out of the north, while a certain Gríma son of Gálmód, later found to be a spy of Saruman, gained influence over the King.

On 25 February III 3019, Rohan suffered its greatest blow to date; at a skirmish that would become known as the First Battle of the Fords of Isen, Théoden's son and heir Théodred was slain by Saruman's forces, leaving Éomer - who was not at the battle - as the natural heir to Rohan's throne. It was five days later that the tide began to turn in Rohan's favour, when Éomer came across three strangers travelling through the fields of the Mark. These strangers were Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli, and from Éomer's wise decision to aid these three came Rohan's ultimate victory.

Because of this, some days later, Gandalf came to Edoras and healed the King of his malaise. The Rohirrim went to war, and though they were defeated at the Second Battle of the Fords of Isen, they held their own at the Battle of the Hornburg and, with the aid of the Ents of Fangorn Forest, defeated Saruman's armies. Then Éomer rode with his King to the aid of Minas Tirith, where they fought in the Battle of the Pelennor Fields. There Théoden met his end, and granted Éomer the Kingship, first of the Third Line of the Kings of Rohan.

At the time of the great victories of that year, Éomer was still just twenty-eight years old. He would rule the Rohirrim for another sixty-five years, through which he maintained a great friendship with Gondor. Such was the plenty and peace of his reign that he was given the surname Éadig, 'Blessed'. He was succeeded by his son Elfwine.

From http://www.glyphweb.com/arda/e/eomer.html

I'm not quite sure what to make of it yet, indeed it may not be the eomer of which Zoneace speaks, but the character does seem good, although more than your regular townie.

I'll read it again and post more later.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:34 am

Post by ZONEACE »

Im going to
unvote FD
because well i believe that he actually does have an info gather role now that he has explained it somewhat however i think the problem was that he somehow mis understood some of the info he gathered last night because as i said i have no night ability so him seeing me travel through a gate if that is indeed what he saw there must have beensomething odne to me that caused me to go through the gate since i did not cause it. that being said im going to
FOS TIGRIS
for almost the same reason as riven tigris got a little paranoid for no reason no one suspecting him thats all for now
ages
ages
Goon
ages
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:36 am

Post by ages »

ZONEACE - Care to comment on whether the info I found matches your role description?
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:39 am

Post by Flying Dutchman »

ZONEACE wrote:Im going to
unvote FD
because well i believe that he actually does have an info gather role now that he has explained it somewhat however i think the problem was that he somehow mis understood some of the info he gathered last night because as i said i have no night ability so him seeing me travel through a gate if that is indeed what he saw there must have beensomething odne to me that caused me to go through the gate since i did not cause it.
WHAT!? :lol:

You think I misunderstood my PM!? It was quite clear actually........

NOTE: Although i'm quite sure this is not the case, we should keep considering that I may be getting partly false information
Macros
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Fear the Random Hobos

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:45 am

Post by Macros »

Vote Count:
6 Zone ace (Leonidas, Flying Dutchman, Thoth, Modargo, Orbiting, Werebear)
2 Tigris (Bananabob, Riven)
1 Mr Gnome (Dragon Slayer)
1 Leonidas (Talitha)
1 Orbiting (Tigris)
Oh the huge manatee!!
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:47 am

Post by ZONEACE »

well ive only seen the movies so all i know of EOmer i got fro mthem i knew he was nephew to the king but that was about it and that he was a good fighter as for why i have n onight abilty i can not explain unless i can somehow gain a night ability after someone does somethin gto me or i do something specific during the day. but i dont think that is likelybut yes the Eomer you found is the same Eomer that i am
ages
ages
Goon
ages
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:59 am

Post by ages »

Ok, Thanks for confirming that
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Hell if I gnome

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2003 9:21 am

Well, if this is all true, then there must
have
been a chain of night abilities involving all four of those people FD named, starting with one or more of them targeting Zoneace.

Although, I must admit, I'm still unsure about Zoneace, I've decided I'm going to set my sights on Tigris, until he comes forward with something!

Vote Tigris

I realize I'm not exactly saying anything new, but I was here and since I'd like to be considered an active player, I thought I should add my 1/2 cent (which is all I really have at the moment)
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2003 9:55 am

Post by CoolBot »

From the way FD discribed his ability, it sounds like Zone had to actually pass through the gate to be seen. So, FD wouldn't have seen him if someone had simply targeted him. In my mind, ZONEACE hasn't adequatly explained why he was passing through the gate. If FD is telling the truth, ZONEACE was out at night and I hardly think Macros wouldn't tell him so. Any explanation, Zone?
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:32 am

Post by Tigris »

:lol: , so because I am paranoid of what I think will become people's crap logic arguments I'm scum, . . . right. I'm just paranoid in general with these games, it is the nature of the beast. Oh and that crap logic about me being Haradrim because I deny it. Please read the entire post, it was completely tongue-in-cheek, so if you are going to say I am suspicious because of sarcasm, go ahead :roll: I'll keep in mind to only make in-game comments from now on ^_^

Yes, I do have a night choice, as does likely everyone else here. No, my night choice had nothing to do with any of the three named as passing through that gate, nor does it have anything to do with FD.

No, I am not scum and find the argument that because 4 people entered one of the possible ways into an area that one must have killed the one that died. There are other ways into that area and the stone did not necessarily come from that area. So I find that particular argument to be crap logic as it ignores other possibilities.
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Hell if I gnome

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:40 am

Tigris wrote: No, I am not scum and find the argument that because 4 people entered one of the possible ways into an area that one must have killed the one that died. There are other ways into that area and the stone did not necessarily come from that area. So I find that particular argument to be crap logic as it ignores other possibilities.
Alright, I'm listening! What other possibilities are we "ignoring"?

I, personally, don't see any other purpose for the information FD recieved, except for what we've already speculated! But if you think you know something else, I'm open to theories!
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:53 am

Post by Tigris »

Uhm, I did. In the very part you quoted in fact.

1) It came from somewhere else. It's not like pillars can't be thrown from one area to another with a catapult or something along those lines. In fact, unless we have an Ent randomly crushing people with them, I can't think of a way in which someone would throw a pillar at someone.

2) There are 7 gates, he was on the sixth. That means there are at least two ways into the area he is talking about. Additionally, does the information give direction of traffic? No, it doesn't so how do we know that DP and any of the three were even in the same area? We don't. Do we know when people went through? No, so if DP went through the gate in the opposite way from Thoth for example, they wouldn't even be in the same area at time of death.

So I guess three possibilities under 2 headings. I need to get to work, but there you go.
modargo
modargo
Goon
modargo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2003 11:58 am

Post by modargo »

Wait wait, let me get this straight.

Flying Dutchman said he watched gate 6. He said that Zoneace (and those others) went through. But Zoneace claims to have no night choice? Then how the heck was Zoneace seen going
through
a gate? Doesn't going through a gate mean that you're moving around and
doing something
?!?!? What will Zoneace's next explanation be? "I actually was kidnapped and marched through the gate under mind control, but I forgot to tell you guys", maybe?

FoS: Mr_Gnome_It_All and Riven
, both for suggesting that Zoneace would be seen walking through the gate just because he was targeted by someone else. Just look at what Flying Dutchman said.
Flying Dutchman wrote:This night, I decided to watch Gate 6, and the persons I named before went through.

By this I have solid evidence they were doing some kind of night action that night.
Furthermore, Zoneace
immediately
jumps onto the first bandwagon that starts that isn't him. He sees that he can't convince us that Flying Dutchman is lying, so he has to try to get someone else lynched and hope that his 'conciliatory' stance distracts people from the contradictions. He does so in an incoherent post that damns him even more.
Zonace wrote:Im going to unvote FD because well i believe that he actually does have an info gather role now that he has explained it somewhat however i think the problem was that he somehow mis understood some of the info he gathered last night because as i said i have no night ability so him seeing me travel through a gate if that is indeed what he saw there must have beensomething odne to me that caused me to go through the gate since i did not cause it. that being said im going toFOS TIGRIS for almost the same reason as riven tigris got a little paranoid for no reason no one suspecting him thats all for now
So, it turns out that Flying Dutchman misunderstood seeing Zoneace pass through the gate! That explains everything! Except
not
. The futher explanation of Flying Dutchman's information made it
more
clear that Zoneace was lying, not less.

This is one of the biggest piles of bull I've seen. If Zoneace was seen going through the gate, he either has a night choice or had something (other than just investigation, come on now :roll:) done to him. Zoneace claims to have no night choice. Zoneace has not claimed that anything was done to him (and I think if something happened that made him go out, he would be told). The only conclusion I see is that either Zoneace or Flying Dutchman is
lying scum
. (Hint: I don't think it's Flying Dutchman.)
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2003 11:59 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Wow. Well that's a lot of info for day 1.
FoS all three of them
and for now I'll also
vote Tigris
because ZONEACE I'm not quite sure about.

-DS
Riven
Riven
Goon
Riven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:13 pm

Post by Riven »

Zoneace has claimed a fairly major character name in Eomer. No one else has stepped forawrd to has that they are the realy Eomer, so I tend to believe his role name. As for the gate thing, i'm not yet sure. But eventually the light will be turned on.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2003 2:44 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

Ok you guys keep saying that i haven't explained adequately why i passes though the gate. Honestly I don't know why. Nothing i did during the night would have caused it (because i didnt do anything during the night) SO basically i can not give you an explanation because i do not have one. I didnt recieve any sort of message saying that i was targetedm but then again, does anyone receive a PM when they get targeted except in certain cases where theyre role changes IE. cult.
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:24 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

vote: zoneace
his claim is wayy too convenitent, eomer is a major enough charachter to be known, so it could be easily made up, and yet it is in a way a minor chatachter (he is from Rohan, we are talking about Gondor in osgiliath) that nobody else may have so as to contradict him, while i also think that eomer being such a warrior would have some dort of vig role, overall, this claim seems extremely scummy
"Plato is a lot of fun. It comes in many colors. You can put it through the plato fun factory, and make spaghetti out of it. You shouldn't eat it, but if you do, your poop turns different colors."
-Werebear
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Dec 11, 2003 11:19 pm

Post by Talitha »

FOS: ZONEACE

Obviously, because he was seen going through a gate that DP went through...
This would be a vote except for the fact that I also have a named character but no night choice.

Flying Dutchman: Why did you not FOS ZONEACE in the original FOS post you made?

vote: Thoth
Because I think we have a 1/3 chance in lynching scum here and should probably put some pressure on each of them before we lynch. Having said that I'm thinking that I will most probably end the day with my vote on ZONEACE or Tigris.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”