mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2100 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:19 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 2092, ProHawk wrote:I have pondered long and hard on what I could say to you to get you to change your mind. Read through your posts, trying to get a handle on your perspective. At one point you had said that Squirrel and I absolutely had to be scum-scum, not town-town, nor even scum-town. I am hoping Squirrel flipping town has spurred your re-evaluation.

As for analysis, you are completely sold on this idea of me being scum because of my scum-play in Tales of Vesperia. I am telling you, my play there and here is EXTREMELY different. Consider the following:
Did I slip/scum-slip in Tales? Compare my posts there and here. You should notice my posts as scum are more calculated, they are read over multiple times, I have a plan and try hard to make error-free-posts. Look at my posts here. I am working on trying to figure things out, but am not worried about hitting the submit button before figuring things out. What you feel like are fake and manufactured are actually genuine. I forgot we had started in the night phase later in the game commenting on poisoning details despite having started out the game stating that exact fact. I completely screwed up in calculating mylo/lylo situations. My confusion/indecision/flippidy floppity stems from an absence of knowledge, not an abundance of it.

I screwed up confusing SG with SP. I thought MC claimed that I visited SP. You somehow think it meant I slipped up. What you are completely forgetting is the fact that scum will have planned this gambit in advance. They would have discussed "Oh hey tomorrow we are probably going to mass-claim. Here is what I am mass-claiming be ready to do X, Y, and/or Z". I would have known who MC was going to claim I would be visiting.

Me making mistakes is genuine. Me correcting my posts before they go out is manufactured. I am not going to take pot-shots at the scum-team until you answer one question for me:
Did you or did you not realize the last game-day was MYLO?
Not at all impressed with this post. I asked for a case on why you're town, not a defense against my points specifically on why you're scum. It's filled to the brim with manipulation and hypocrisy. It's basically deflecting rather than answering my concerns.
In post 2095, scienceshrimp wrote:also prohawk i think mastin wants you to make a case on why we're scum, so that she has an excuse to lay down suspicion in our direction
Oh, I have PLENTY of reason to have suspicion on you. I don't need an excuse. If ProHawk's posting today has been bad, yours has been abysmal. ProHawk's posting looks scummy; yours flat-out just looks like scum. Basically every post I reference as being "free ammo" for ProHawk's (now-revealed-to-be-nonexistent) argument? Are basically posts that trip my scumdar and trip it HARD.

Bluntly, know one of the reasons I'm not voting ProHawk right now?

Is because of how scummy YOU are being, in just about every post you make.

I realize the implausibility of it, but I'm really, REALLY considering a you-ProHawk team specifically because of your attitude. Interactions fit, and you two are certainly the two individually-most-scummy players right now. Your thoughts make no sense, and seem highly opportunistic. Your stances convenient. As they have been through the majority of the game.
In post 2098, scienceshrimp wrote:why isn't she questioning MC?
Same reason I haven't been questioning you: because you? Aren't my focus. (Or haven't been. Thinking I need to direct more attention onto you.) ProHawk has been. Bluntly, he's the player I most need a read on. More than any other player, I feel he holds the key to the game. Him-town, him-scum. That I need sorted. And if him-scum, who his scumbuddy would be.
mastin, why are you not working that out?
And yet you assume I haven't been. All my posting today has been oriented around this, loosely put. I can build a case for MC being scum or MC town. I can build a case for you being scum easily but also a case for you being town. I have built a case for ProHawk being scum, but am not blind to the point where I'm ignoring the case for him potentially being town. I'm working
everything
out.

But bluntly...you're not. You've already concluded that it's MC and me. You're not asking questions of MC, either. You're not asking questions of ProHawk, either. You're not being cautious. You're not analyzing. You're not considering all the possibilities like I am. And that? That is why I'm increasingly concerned about you being scum. ESPECIALLY considering how you've held that townread on me. Both slots, for different reasons from different heads. Yet when push comes to shove, in lylo, you've discarded that. In favor of a scumread. Not because of any tangible reason. But because it's convenient for you to have it.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2101 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:21 am

Post by mastin2 »

tl;dr version:
scienceshrimp is being highly hypocritical by accusing me of not working things out, of not asking questions, when they have done exactly that, only much much worse.
My academy.
Agnigi
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2102 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:08 am

Post by Nero Cain »

GAH! I'm prob ok with an MC lynch but I can't tell who his buddy is.

vote:MC
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Kit
Kit
Goon
Kit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2103 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:28 am

Post by Kit »

Vote Count of Day 6With Five alive it takes Three to lynch.

Messiah Complex: ProHawk, scienceshrimp, Nero Cain [3] [LYNCH]
Scienceshrimp:
Mastin2:
ProHawk: Messiah Complex [1]
Nero Cain:

Not voting: mastin2 [1]

It is now Day 6 and it ends in (expired on 2014-04-07 16:16:00)

apprently I missed Prohawk's first vote of the day. (Vote tags weren't working for me while viewing off a phone.~)

Flip incoming in next post~
~Mew, Hiss, Purrr

Alter Ego & Modding account of Malakittens
Kit
Kit
Goon
Kit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2104 (ISO) » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:28 am

Post by Kit »

[Scene: Rodriguez's place. He's looking at pictures of Prue, Piper and Phoebe. Tempus appears in a ball of flame.]

Rodriguez: Tempus. I never...

Tempus: Expected to see me? Of course not. You were not worthy before now. What is the name you are using here?

Rodriguez: Rodriguez.

Tempus: Ah, yes. I have been sent to you, Rodriguez. As a gift.

Rodriguez: Sent? By who?

Tempus: I think you know who and why.

Rodriguez: I can defeat the Charmed Ones on my own. I don't need any help.

Tempus: Really. What makes you think you have actually found the Charmed Ones?

Rodriguez: Are you kidding? After so many of my colleagues have mysteriously vanished in San Francisco this year. It can only be one reason why. I posed as a cop as I believed that one was covering for them. I was right, he was. That's how I found them. Of course, you already know all that, don't you. That's what makes me so worthy now, right?

Tempus: Watch your tongue, Rodriguez, lest I split it for you. It's one thing to have found the Charmed Ones, it's quite another to defeat them as those who have gone before you have already discovered. Tomorrow is Wednesday. I want you to get all three witches together in one place by midnight and give it your best shot. But if you fail...

Rodriguez: I will not fail.

~Skip Scenes later~

Piper: Prue, come on, wake up, sweetie.

(She wakes up. They help her off the floor.)

Phoebe: Easy, easy.

Prue: Where is Andy?

Phoebe: Prue, something terrible has happened.

(She sees Andy lying on the floor with a blanket covering him.)

Prue: Oh my God.

Piper: It all happened so fast, Prue. He ran in the door when Rodriguez attacked. He was trying to save us.

Prue: And he'll succeed. Where's the Book of Shadows?

Phoebe: It's right here. Why?

Prue: Where's the spell that you saw to accelerate time?

Rodriguez: What are you doing?

Phoebe: There.

Rodriguez: What's going on?

Piper: But we don't want to accelerate time, we want to reverse it.

Prue: No, we don't, trust me. The only chance that we have to get rid of Tempus is to do this by breaking the time loop, okay.

Phoebe: But if we break the time loop we won't be able to save Andy.

Prue: I know.

Piper: Prue, are you sure?

Prue: No, I'm not. (
She starts reading the spell.)
"Winds of time gather 'round, Give me wings to speed my way..."

Rodriguez: Wait a minute...

Prue: "Rush me on my journey forward, let tomorrow be today."

Rodriguez: What's happening?

(The hands on the clock speed around the clock face. Tempus turns into fire and disappears.)

Piper: Prue...

Prue: You know what, just untie him get him outta here.

Phoebe: What?

Piper: He'll kill us.

Prue: No, he won't. He doesn't have the power to kill us, otherwise he wouldn't have needed Tempus.

Phoebe: I will not untie him, Prue.

(Prue uses her power and the ropes untie.)

Prue: Get outta here before I change my mind.

Rodriguez: You stupid witch.

(He walks towards the door but stops. He turns around, his eyes glow red, he throws an energy ball and Prue uses her powers and reflects it back to him. He explodes and turns into dust.)

Messiah Complex was Inspector Rodriguez,
Mafia Tracker
, exploded and defeated Day 6.

It's now Night 6. Ends in.. (expired on 2014-03-30 17:40:00)
~Mew, Hiss, Purrr

Kit
Kit
Goon
Kit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2105 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:24 pm

Post by Kit »

Brendan: Prue, wait. You don't understand.

Prue: Don't I?

Brendan: I didn't hurt father Austin. I found him like that, I swear.

Prue: Before of after you turned into a warlock?

Brendan: After. When I saw what they did to him I was crazed. The rage turned me into a warlock. Look, don't believe me. I don't care. Just at least let me call the paramedics, please. Don't let him die. I'm begging you.

Prue: They've already been called.

Brendan: Thank you.

Prue: Do you actually expect for me to believe that you're a good warlock?

Brendan: No. There's no such thing. I can explain it to you if you let me. I can make you understand. I won't hurt you. I need your help.

Prue: For what?

Brendan: To stop the other warlocks. To stop my brothers.

Nero Cain was
Brendan Rowe, 1-shot town neighborizer
, who vowed to become a good warlock Night 6.

7.00With Three alive it takes two to lynch.

Scienceshrimp:
Mastin2:
ProHawk:

Not voting: ProHawk, scienceshrimp, mastin2 [3]

It is now Day 7 and it ends in (expired on 2014-04-13 21:25:00)
~Mew, Hiss, Purrr

ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2106 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:00 pm

Post by ProHawk »

My worst nightmare come true. Re-analyzing evidence.

Mastin I would still like an answer to my question.
scienceshrimp
scienceshrimp
Goon
scienceshrimp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2107 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:02 pm

Post by scienceshrimp »

Hi there

ns here

Here to bring you a reason I'm paranoid of Mastin

I have not been obvtown this game

I've been checked out most of it in fact (which is actually a scumtell of mine)

But I don't see a questioning of it.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2108 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:16 pm

Post by ProHawk »

In post 2107, scienceshrimp wrote:I have not been obvtown this game

I've been checked out most of it in fact (which is actually a scumtell of mine)
Are you kidding me right now?
scienceshrimp
scienceshrimp
Goon
scienceshrimp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2109 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:21 pm

Post by scienceshrimp »

What, you mad I can paint a better case for us-scum than you can?

I'm here now.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2110 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:04 pm

Post by ProHawk »

THAT WAS MY CASE YOU PISSED ON.
scienceshrimp
scienceshrimp
Goon
scienceshrimp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2111 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:00 pm

Post by scienceshrimp »

prohawk, as us/me anything. i have you as town. mastin has to be scum.
scienceshrimp
scienceshrimp
Goon
scienceshrimp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2112 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:00 pm

Post by scienceshrimp »

-mantis
scienceshrimp
scienceshrimp
Goon
scienceshrimp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2113 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:25 pm

Post by scienceshrimp »

*ask
scienceshrimp
scienceshrimp
Goon
scienceshrimp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2114 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:28 pm

Post by scienceshrimp »

i was actually getting paranoid before that it was MC and nero.
now that nero is dead and confirmed town, this makes its a lot easier.
no way prohawk is scum after MC's fake guilty on him.

so that's why ph, i'm telling you to ask me anything. i can build a case on mastin if ya want. i'd rather not, due to laziness.
but, after all the town mess ups, it'd be nice to still get a win.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2115 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 2106, ProHawk wrote:My worst nightmare come true. Re-analyzing evidence.

Mastin I would still like an answer to my question.
Yep. Same spot.

Realized I did owe you an answer to the question as I thought about things today. Yes, I did think that two days ago was mylo. However, my brain was thoroughly shut off at the time. I saw, "Oh, guilty." Which by itself would not have been blindly sheeped, if not for the "oh, scumslip" following it. Both of which I re-evaluated yesterday, when I thought that I really wasn't thinking. So while I did think it was mylo...I didn't, y'know...
think
it was mylo. I wasn't treating it as a mylo. I was treating it the same as any other day, in which you lynch the guilty first.

Butyeah. Right now, I need to give the game a runthrough, to figure out if it
was
scum bussing or scum-making-gamewinning-ploy. And probably prepare defense, too, considering that there's just as much about me being scum as there would be for both of you. I'm asking the mod about paraphrasing the neighborhood QT now. (It's, sadly, been fairly empty. Nero's not exactly the best at using his neighborhood with me, and regrettably it's largely been vice-versa, too.)

I got the strong vibe here that the town player doesn't want to risk being wrong by making the first move and that the scum player isn't willing to put all their cards in one basket and commit to one mislynch, either. Soyeah, I need to actually give that effort. (Tomorrow. It's nearly 4 am; I kinda need to get sleep.)
In post 2107, scienceshrimp wrote:Here to bring you a reason I'm paranoid of Mastin
I have not been obvtown this game
I've been checked out most of it in fact
But I don't see a questioning of it.
Do have a slight lean this way, though. (Like...51.5/48.5.) Because I
have
been questioning them. The best element of their play was when I entered into the game and they tried to get me to sheep them; their play has gotten much, much worse progressively throughout the game.
In post 2114, scienceshrimp wrote:i was actually getting paranoid before that it was MC and nero.
now that nero is dead and confirmed town, this makes its a lot easier.
no way prohawk is scum after MC's fake guilty on him.

so that's why ph, i'm telling you to ask me anything. i can build a case on mastin if ya want. i'd rather not, due to laziness.
but, after all the town mess ups, it'd be nice to still get a win.
I really, really suck at explaining. (Especially when sleep-deprived.) But, well, simply put...this is a really, really scumdriven post. Like...I can see it coming from town, maybe, but...it really looks like scum faking things rather than being genuine about them. And that's my vibe of scienceshrimp throughout the majority of the game, too.

Heck, that was ProHawk's main defense. (It'll probably be one of my main points of defense, too.) That genuineness, even if it's genuinely wrong, was a large part of his defense against my attacks, that he makes mistakes as town and doesn't think things through, whereas as scum he's artificial and more calculated. (Okay, so I'm writing more of me into his defense than I should be, but still.) scienceshrimp...hasn't seemed genuine. I seem to recall that artificial posting was a main point against MC; I'm thinking it also applied to the other scum, and scienceshrimp fits that profile more than ProHawk.

But I dunno. I need time to think.
My academy.
Agnigi
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2116 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:58 pm

Post by ProHawk »

In post 2114, scienceshrimp wrote:i'm telling you to ask me anything.
Why aren't you voting?
scienceshrimp
scienceshrimp
Goon
scienceshrimp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2117 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:36 pm

Post by scienceshrimp »

In post 2116, ProHawk wrote:
In post 2114, scienceshrimp wrote:i'm telling you to ask me anything.
Why aren't you voting?
i dunno. conversation would be good before placing down votes, i think.

but ya, i guess kind of useless since i really don't think MC would fake a guilty on you, while being scum. your reaction to him seemed much more genuine than how he was acting, and that was at the point where i changed my mind on you.

-mantis
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2118 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:46 pm

Post by ProHawk »

Mastin, do you have any theories? Why aren't you voting at this point?
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2119 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:05 am

Post by ProHawk »

This game...
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2120 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:49 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 2118, ProHawk wrote:Mastin, do you have any theories? Why aren't you voting at this point?
Oh, I have plenty of theories. That's the problem. Voting requires me to know who the scum between you is. I don't. I'm trying to figure it out, but the main thing hindering me is that part of my process is going to be sharing with you my full experience on the game, which includes the QT, but I'm still waiting on mod approval to paraphrase it. (For different reasons, it's comparable in length to the Tales QT pre-spam, which I haven't done because the QT is technically night-only and I haven't asked the mod if I can dump notes in there. Butyeah, waiting on the mod to answer what I can or can't say about it, basically so I know how detailed I can get in my paraphrase.)

Basically, my plan is to paraphrase the QT, show what thoughts go along with the QT, explain where I'm coming from, what I'm seeing, a brief pro/con for each of you two, and my overall current thoughts without double-checking. And then to do the double-check. The absolute essential tl;dr version is that, basically, I'm at something like 55/45, with the lean being towards scienceshrimp, especially given their overall vibe to posting. But while gun to my head, push come to shove, that's enough for a vote, I'd prefer at least 60/40. (Honestly, I don't think I'd ever get more than 75. Heck, more than 65 would be cause for concern that I'm confbiasing, which would cause me to start over again simply 'cause confbias analysis is worthless and I'd need to find where I went biased.)
My academy.
Agnigi
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2121 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:34 am

Post by ProHawk »

I am pretty sure I have scum nailed down, would you like me to wait before I place my vote?
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2122 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:27 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 2121, ProHawk wrote:I am pretty sure I have scum nailed down, would you like me to wait before I place my vote?
Heck no. You gonna vote me? If town, loss is on you and if scum, we 1v1, reducing my workload. You vote science shrimp, then it reduces my workload. Either way, I'd be thrilled to get this over with so that I don't have to bother with it.

'Course it's fairly obvious you're planning on voting me anyway. You wouldn't be asking otherwise. And I can also tell from your wording that there's nothing I could possibly say that'd stop you from voting. (Seriously, I don't know why people bother to ask the question. I ALWAYS can tell who they're planning on voting for anyway. Town, scum, doesn't matter; people can't hide their intentions nearly as well as they think they can.)
My academy.
Agnigi
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2123 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:46 pm

Post by ProHawk »

Well you're wrong chicky. I didn't do an in-depth re-read or analysis, mostly because I don't have the time. Shrimps play today has been sub-par at best, and pointing more toward them being scum. They aren't voting even though I couldn't be scum? Really? Scum stands to lose the most from being the first to vote because it confirms one person town and forces them into a 1v1. At least you aren't voting because you aren't sure yet... NS called my case a load of crap even though he KNOWS that what I said was literally his scum MO.

Mastin, you had been playing like scum in that your motivation to lynch me aligned perfectly with a plan that would have ensured victory. When MC flipped actual Mafia-Tracker, it took a lot of the guess work away from his semi-fake result. I don't and haven't liked your posting, but if any of you or Shrimp deserved to win it would be Titus' effort and yours that deserve it.

VOTE: ScienceShrimp

And the question was asked to gauge your response. I still find your response scummy, but again that may be due to you feeling like I am scum which only goes to support your reason for not having voted anyone at this point. To answer your question, a town response to me would have been something along the lines of having wanted me to wait so that cases could be plead and town could have a victory, not "WELL THE LOSS IS ON YOU" BS.
scienceshrimp
scienceshrimp
Goon
scienceshrimp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2124 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:41 pm

Post by scienceshrimp »

prohawk, get your vote off!
yes, titus had played well, mastin as well with his posts... he's putting a lot of effort into them.
but they are scum. if you want them to win, fine whatever.. cause town has played really badly.
but take off your vote please.

really would suck to lose this

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”