Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:25 am

Post by Nightson »

dahen wrote:
unvote

Hacker Huck, you're right. I confused this game with Space Monkey that also started just before the crasch. In _that_ game I voted Nightson. In this game, I don't remember. So let's vote Nightfall instead. Similar name, and he votes Nightson!
Nightfall
It's alright, you can be forgiven for your crime against nature. Maybe.... *makes mark in little black book*
"Faust complained about having two souls in his breast, but I harbor a whole crowd of them and they quarrel. It is like being in a republic." ~Otto von Bismarck
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:39 am

Post by yellowbounder »

system> count -v [block]

system
has requested a votecount

1 - Mert (Nightson)
2 - Nightfall (HackerHuck, dahen)
2 - teucer (Eon, davidangelsummers)
1 - Nightson (Nightfall)
1 - davidangelsummers (Maximus)
1 - fungusalpha (Mert)
1 - re2fan (fungusalpha)

3 - None (re2fan, kirbyphreak, teucer)

system> IP Stack
is 94% offline
system> Repairing using Beta0.56.356 algorithm
system>
Tip of the Day
: Upgrade to Firefox 2!

>re2fan is registering as idle
>an alert will be sent to his workstation
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:05 am

Post by yellowbounder »

system> timeout -retract [on]

Since this an Alpha emergency status, the system will now impose a
retractable deadline
. This deadline will activate on
Wednesday 8th of November
, and will become non-retractable if discussion will not increase.

Currently,
no one
will be blocked, due to a tie.

>re2fan has dismissed his alert; he should increase discussion to avoid another
>however, all other users have been alerted, they have 72 hours
teucer
teucer
Goon
teucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:43 am

Post by teucer »

Vote: Nightfall

No good reason, except that I know it's not me and he's the other person in the tie. If anyone finds a real reason why someone is scum, I'll probably move my vote.
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:38 am

Post by Nightson »

unvote: vote: teucer

Better lynch there.
"Faust complained about having two souls in his breast, but I harbor a whole crowd of them and they quarrel. It is like being in a republic." ~Otto von Bismarck
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:55 am

Post by Mert »

Unvote: Fungusalpha, Vote: Teucer
. That's a bit wordy to be a random vote but it's clear that there is no real motive behind it... the whole admission of no reason thing worries me and is good enough for a vote at this point.
[i]"Awesome Proton Pack, Flay!"[/i] - [size=75][b]Petroleumjelly[/b][/size]
[i]"It would be suicide for scum to go after Mert"[/i] - [size=75][b]Dral[/b][/size]
Eon
Eon
Goon
Eon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:56 am

Post by Eon »

I guess my vote will stay for now.
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:10 am

Post by dahen »

A deadline already? Ouch. It's really hard to lynch properly when we are just leaving the random voting phase. A little more pressure on teucer probably won't hurt though. His explanation was too much.
unvote, vote teucer

Let's see what happens.
teucer
teucer
Goon
teucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:30 am

Post by teucer »

Mert wrote:
. That's a bit wordy to be a random vote but it's clear that there is no real motive behind it... the whole admission of no reason thing worries me and is good enough for a vote at this point.
We need to find scum.

We have a deadline, and there is a tie. If there is a tie at deadline, there will be no lynch.

I am not scum, though of course I have no way to prove it. Therefore, I am not voting without reason - I'm voting for the only probable lynch that (from my perspective) might be scum. I see a possibility of lynching town and a possibility of lynching scum as preferable to a guarantee of lynching town (which is what happens if I'm lynched) or not lynching and giving the scum a head-start, which is what happens if there's still a tie.

But since you guys seem intent on voting me out instead of the other person I'm tied with, I guess I'm dead. At least I didn't have a power role.
fungusalpha
fungusalpha
Townie
fungusalpha
Townie
Townie

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:06 pm

Post by fungusalpha »

Well, I can see why teucer would have voted Nightfall, but I don't like his "I guess I'm dead" approach to things. I won't vote now, but if the deadline stays I'll be willing to.
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:54 pm

Post by Nightson »

teucer wrote:
Mert wrote:
We need to find scum.

We have a deadline, and there is a tie. If there is a tie at deadline, there will be no lynch.

I am not scum, though of course I have no way to prove it. Therefore, I am not voting without reason - I'm voting for the only probable lynch that (from my perspective) might be scum. I see a possibility of lynching town and a possibility of lynching scum as preferable to a guarantee of lynching town (which is what happens if I'm lynched) or not lynching and giving the scum a head-start, which is what happens if there's still a tie.

But since you guys seem intent on voting me out instead of the other person I'm tied with, I guess I'm dead. At least I didn't have a power role.
Deadline isn't for a week. Did you really think that the votes wouldn't change before the deadline?
kirbyphreak
kirbyphreak
Goon
kirbyphreak
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:54 pm

Post by kirbyphreak »

I guess teucers logic kinda makes sense, but Id prefer he hunted scum rather than do what he did. Also, teucer is at lynch -2. Just a heads up.
I thought it was a turkey, I swear to God!
teucer
teucer
Goon
teucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:48 pm

Post by teucer »

Nightson wrote:
teucer wrote:
Mert wrote:
We need to find scum.

Deadline isn't for a week. Did you really think that the votes wouldn't change before the deadline?
It's just a safeguard.
If
nobody does anything scummy, then I would rather lynch someone I have no information about than someone (me) that I know to be a townie.

But if anything comes up that makes me think someone's more likely than normal to be scum, I'm going to vote for them. In fact, I'm about to reread the thread to make sure I can't find anybody to vote for yet. The wagon on me seems (from my perspective) to be a particularly good place to look.

Also, kirby, thanks for pointing out that I'm at lynch-2. I had miscounted the votes since the vote count in my nervousness about being lynched and thought it was -1, and had been seeing the votes for me pile up pretty damn quick, so I was expecting a hammer any minute - hence the "I guess I'm dead" post.
teucer
teucer
Goon
teucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:53 pm

Post by teucer »

Nightson wrote:
unvote: vote: teucer

Better lynch there.
I understand that I look scummy at least briefly in most of my games (I blame my newbieness when it comes to online play; I'll probably look even more so when I'm actually scum, which hasn't yet happened on the internet), but everyone else who picked up on it this time around gave an explanation. Even when wrong or "just a hunch", those tend to be helpful.

IGMEOY: Nightson
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:23 pm

Post by Nightson »

I understand that I look scummy at least briefly in most of my games (I blame my newbieness when it comes to online play; I'll probably look even more so when I'm actually scum, which hasn't yet happened on the internet), but everyone else who picked up on it this time around gave an explanation. Even when wrong or "just a hunch", those tend to be helpful.

IGMEOY: Nightson.
Pretty sure gut isn't a very helpful reason. Pretty sure I think you're more likely to be scum then Nightfall.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:30 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

mod wrote: Currently,
no one
will be blocked, due to a tie.

>re2fan has dismissed his alert; he should increase discussion to avoid another
>however, all other users have been alerted, they have 72 hours
Teucer, must have missed this first statement, since it clearly indicates he would not have been lynched without another vote. I too find that vote a little fishy, but not even close to being worth a lynch at this point.

Hopefully Teucer's folly will stimulate enough discussion to get our deadline lifted. I can't make a reasonable decision with as little information as I've seen so far.

I would like a clarification on voting results at deadline. At the time the deadline was placed, we had two users at two votes and three users not voting. Does a tie result in a no-lynch?
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:07 pm

Post by dahen »

[6] My deadline policy is as such: if I feel that discussion has slowed considerably, then a deadline will be presented. This could be retractable, or non-retractable. If you hit a deadline, then the person with the most votes will be lynched. If there's a tie, then it will no-lynch.
I really didn't like the giving up and early townie claim by teucer. He says he miscounted the votes, and in that case it's more understandable. Also I am against all townie claims unless it's mass claim time, but that's another story.
Maximus
Maximus
Goon
Maximus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:10 am

Post by Maximus »

I like how all the votes piled up on teucer as soon as he voted for Nightfall. Hackerhuck is right, teucer probably missed the first statement, or "missed" the first statement..hmm. Anyway,
Unvote
for now since we're pretty much out of random voting phase.

Teucer, how do you know the Nightfall is scum? You said that you'd rather lynch someone who, you think, is scummy. I'd like to know why you think he is scummy. Then you went and said that you are going to reread the thread to find someone even scummier, particularly the wagon votes that were put on you. Also, you stated that you'd rather lynch someone that you have no information about than someone you do. If you just lynch "someone" and they turn out to be a power role, you have kinda wasted a role and a lynch, eh? Why not lynch someone whose actions and logic reeks of scum than lynching someone who just "looks" scummy?

FOS: Teucer
Captains and Kings may rule the world, but it is the presence of those we love and the memory of those we have lost, but who continue to live in our hearts, which bring beauty to living and make all that we do worthwhile.
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:59 am

Post by Nightfall »

Wow, alot happened in the last few days. Although I understand teucer's actions, Im not that sure I like his vote on me. grrr. If he did miss the statement then it would make sense. Heck Im pretty sure I've done it before. If he is in fact town it would make sense for him to say, "well, I know that Im town, if im lynched we loose a town member. If we lynch him, at least there is a small chance we hit scum". My issue with the vote is why vote me, and not a player with 1 vote. In that event it would be a 3 way tie for "lynch leader" and more likely that one of the others would be voted for/be scum.

Unovte
my random vote of Nightson
and I will
FOS: Teucer
Once Nightfall comes, everyone's dead...
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:01 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

I think Teucer has set himself up to be the town's fallback lynch if we cannot find concensus on scum. His statements indicate that he really isn't clued in to what's helpful to the town. He has now - on page 2 - pseudo-claimed, given up, and made the assumption that we are about ready to lynch either him or Nightfall.

I do find it interesting how much sympathy he seems to have garnered, even from those who have voted him.
teucer
teucer
Goon
teucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:52 pm

Post by teucer »

Nightson wrote:

IGMEOY: Nightson.
Pretty sure gut isn't a very helpful reason. Pretty sure I think you're more likely to be scum then Nightfall.
Knowing that it's just a gut instinct is more helpful than if you don't tell us anything, though.
HackerHuck wrote:Teucer, must have missed this first statement, since it clearly indicates he would not have been lynched without another vote. I too find that vote a little fishy, but not even close to being worth a lynch at this point.
No, I didn't miss it.

I just don't think not lynching is a good idea. We haven't lost anybody yet, and maybe finding scum is better than letting them pick the first death (guaranteed not to be scum).
dahen wrote:I really didn't like the giving up and early townie claim by teucer. He says he miscounted the votes, and in that case it's more understandable. Also I am against all townie claims unless it's mass claim time, but that's another story.
I don't like to claim at all, whether I'm town or not, but there are times when enough pressure is coming down that I feel it's the best way for me to stay alive - and the best way for townsfolk to help the town is to survive. A bunch of votes piling up real fast generates an awful lot of pressure.
Maximus wrote:Teucer, how do you know the Nightfall is scum? You said that you'd rather lynch someone who, you think, is scummy. I'd like to know why you think he is scummy. Then you went and said that you are going to reread the thread to find someone even scummier, particularly the wagon votes that were put on you. Also, you stated that you'd rather lynch someone that you have no information about than someone you do. If you just lynch "someone" and they turn out to be a power role, you have kinda wasted a role and a lynch, eh? Why not lynch someone whose actions and logic reeks of scum than lynching someone who just "looks" scummy?
I don't think there's anything noteworthy about Nightfall, actually - but no other vote would have broken the tie, and with a deadline coming I did kinda want to break it in the direction that doesn't have me dying. After all, I know I'm not scum, so it's less likely to hurt the town if we lose someone I don't know that about. (Of course, the odds are pretty good that Nightfall can say the exact same thing - this is an explanation of my vote rather than a reason for any of the rest of you to follow suit.)
Nightfall wrote:Wow, alot happened in the last few days. Although I understand teucer's actions, Im not that sure I like his vote on me. grrr. If he did miss the statement then it would make sense. Heck Im pretty sure I've done it before. If he is in fact town it would make sense for him to say, "well, I know that Im town, if im lynched we loose a town member. If we lynch him, at least there is a small chance we hit scum". My issue with the vote is why vote me, and not a player with 1 vote. In that event it would be a 3 way tie for "lynch leader" and more likely that one of the others would be voted for/be scum.
You know, that would have been a much better idea.

Of course, now that a bunch of people jumped on me for doing it wrong, it's too late.
HackerHuck wrote:I think Teucer has set himself up to be the town's fallback lynch if we cannot find concensus on scum. His statements indicate that he really isn't clued in to what's helpful to the town. He has now - on page 2 - pseudo-claimed, given up, and made the assumption that we are about ready to lynch either him or Nightfall.
I'll confess I'm not the most clued-in player in the world - I'm pretty good at face-to-face play, but most of that is because of an ability to read body language that doesn't really do jack on the internet. (This is only my fourth online game ever, and I've caught a fair bit of heat in the others as well).

And I'm not sure what you mean by
pseudo
-claimed. Is there more than one way of reading what I said?
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:22 am

Post by yellowbounder »

>activity is still low
>THIS IS YOUR FINAL WARNING
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:02 am

Post by Nightfall »

After his last post teucer is sounding a little more pro town to me.
Im not sure where to go from here. Anyone?
Once Nightfall comes, everyone's dead...
teucer
teucer
Goon
teucer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:35 am

Post by teucer »

Since nothing better than what I noted earlier has come up and the deadline is soonish, I'm going to
Unvote: Nightfall
and
Vote: Nightson
. But I confess I'm not very confident about it.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”